Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+59
Strizh
x_54_u43
Kimppis
Rodinazombie
Project Canada
Bolt
Cucumber Khan
Siempre_Leal
OminousSpudd
Heartbeer
Monarchist
Cyberspec
Walther von Oldenburg
Stealthflanker
Algerian Major
VARGR198
Akula971
Zivo
marat
victor1985
zorobabel
Prince Darling
NationalRus
Manov
franco
Morpheus Eberhardt
Neutrality
ult
Book.
GarryB
d_taddei2
mack8
ultron
Shadåw
higurashihougi
ExBeobachter1987
Dima
Flyboy77
Vann7
iraqidabab
TheArmenian
max steel
flamming_python
Werewolf
Solncepek
medo
zg18
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Max Italy
par far
magnumcromagnon
sepheronx
KoTeMoRe
Khepesh
PapaDragon
JohninMK
mutantsushi
George1
HUNTER VZLA
63 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

Post  Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:38 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:So now official confirmation of "S-300's" in Syria, but they come in a different form, they're not land based, they're apart of Moskva Cruiser's air-defense suite, alongside Osa-MA, and yes Moskva is conducting air-defense patrols:

"Moscow" will be able to cover the airfield near Latakia from airstrikes S-300M and "Osa-MA"

Meh i predicted that few days ago in a post here, i should fkn work for Pentagon.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

Post  Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:48 pm

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 36 Media?size=l

Well, still looks better than my meals in the army to be honest.
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:09 pm

Militarov wrote:"ISIS introduced total media blackout in AlBab. ISIS prevents residents/ activists in city from publishing info & from taking pics &videos." - But, but... human rights? Moderate rebels?

"After bombing FSA in Ltamenah, Russian planes targeted 1hour ago HQ of Nusra (AlQaeda in Syria), btwn KhanShaykhun & Muqah, 15km from Ltamenah" - Cut snakes head.

"HQ Nusra is underground, also includes hisbah office (religious police) & a jail. Some prisoners wounded in strike, others escaped." - Religious police by poor moderate rebels, wut?

"My source in ISIS-city AlBab: "Now panic here. Shops close down. ISIS-fighters less visible on streets. Last 3 strikes inside city" - Good.

"My source in ISIS-city AlBab: "Water company also hit & next to ISIS-recruitment center. Again, I don't know who is bombing us at moment." - Want me to tell you?

"My source in AlBab: "operators of 5 excavators r civilians forced by ISIS to build trenches. All 5 died in today's bombing." - Well shame.

Source for all these tweets (made in last 3h): https://twitter.com/jenanmoussa
    Good tweets. Ms Moussa is a good and usually reliable reporter. She said more updates are coming soon.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:12 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:So now official confirmation of "S-300's" in Syria, but they come in a different form, they're not land based, they're apart of Moskva Cruiser's air-defense suite, alongside Osa-MA, and yes Moskva is conducting air-defense patrols:
    "Moscow" will be able to cover the airfield near Latakia from airstrikes S-300M and "Osa-MA"

Didn't say anything until it was known from other sources. Mockba, of which we are quite proud, has been out of harbor for a while. He is quite mission capable, regardless of the 'west media' reports of him being an 'aging Soviet rust bucket that can not defend itself'. We hope all this bovine scatology calms down but I don't think it will for a while. I am not worried of a shooting war starting between USNATOEU and RuAF, I think all the screaming emanating from 'the west' is just that, screaming, if they were mission capable they would have struck by now. When you are operating from a position of strength you don't have to yell and threaten, when you are operating from a position of weakness that is all you can do, yell and threaten.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:16 pm

Militarov wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 36 Media?size=l

The ageless buckwheat porridge with meat, a Russian military, and civilian, staple for centuries, some cucumbers for green, soup with spuds. Missing is the bread, another staple, but all and all good belly timber. Not gourmet but soldiers don't need that.

Hmm. Clean hands and nails, married, silver wedding band on the usual right hand, high water mark on the shirt. And smiling.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:25 pm

auslander wrote:
    Militarov wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 36 Media?size=l

The ageless buckwheat porridge with meat, a Russian military, and civilian, staple for centuries, some cucumbers for green, soup with spuds. Missing is the bread, another staple, but all and all good belly timber. Not gourmet but soldiers don't need that.

Hmm. Clean hands and nails, married, silver wedding band on the usual right hand, high water mark on the shirt. And smiling.

I would beg to differ on the "gourmet" thing. Sometimes a good tasty meal can bring up morals of soldiers more than anything in the field and to be honest never liked buckwheat porridge, tastes almost like nothing but of course among the easiest and most nutrious ways to provide meal without much costs or overall resources weighting on logistics.
    Solncepek
    Solncepek

Post  Solncepek Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:31 pm

Arab Media: IG militants in Syria to evacuate their relatives after the attacks of Russia
    02/10/2015, 19:52

Militants of the terrorist group "Islamic State" began to evacuate their families from the Syrian city of Raqqa after the start of the military operation from Russia. It is reported by the Arabic television channel "Al-Mayadin."

According to media reports, the terrorists take out their families in Iraq, fearing the beginning of the Russian aerial bombardment , reports RIA Novosti.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:47 pm

Militarov wrote:

Meh i predicted that few days ago in a post here, i should fkn work for Pentagon.

You could see this coming from a mile away, months ago when the Russian MOD announced drills near Syria, they basically showed us a dead giveaway of what they wanted to do. During the Cold War, military drills were used extensively by both sides as a cover to move military supplies near theaters of operations, and as a decoy/distraction for other 'live' operations near those fields of theater.

Allegedly the fraudulent 'Gulf of Tonkin' incident was a U.S. Navy drill that was switched live, then turned in to a PsyOp to justify the invasion of Vietnam, kick-starting the Vietnam War.

Post  Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:01 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    auslander wrote:

I would beg to differ on the "gourmet" thing. Sometimes a good tasty meal can bring up morals of soldiers more than anything in the field and to be honest never liked buckwheat porridge, tastes almost like nothing but of course among the easiest and most nutrious ways to provide meal without much costs or overall resources weighting on logistics.

Want to hear my "casual" meal in the army?

Breakfasts:

- bread (from yesterday, so we eat less of it, also its true 24h old bread is healthier but... its not that nice) or some hard thing they call bisquit from field ration (they would open soon to expire rations and serve them for breakfast very often taking out pate, tea, bisquits, cheese etc).
    - liver pate or melted cheese from sheep milk (we suspect its sheep at least, maybe dragon too), margarine and jam both from field rations and impossible to spread on bread
    - Hot dogs (actually we belive actual dogs were used), salami or boiled eggs
    - jogurt from plastic package, tea (with some weird ironish taste to it)

Exceptions did exist but this is somewhat of a standard rotation.

Lunch:

- Cabbage with meat - Russians, anyone?
    - Beans with meat (belive it or not, probably best meals i ever had, both in barracks and the field from field kitchen)
    - Green beans with meat - What about no...
    - Moussaka - sounds good right? Well it wasnt...
    - Drnč - impossible to translate, it slang for certain type of stew made of potato, meat, carrots etc (basically whatever was leftover from two previous meals, no jokes) wasnt that bad actually but soldiers called it Drnč after special detergent that was used to clean rifles
    - Riži-biži - basically peas, rice and spices with some meat

Dinner:

Was mix of lunch and breakfast leftovers i guess, depending how lucky you are. Sometimes it would be something else but meh. Often we would get sardine, if there wasnt any onion i would just go to sleep, i cant eat that crap without onions Very Happy

I understand its all about being nutritious and easy to transport-prepare, but i was enjoying so much when we get in field beans with alot of smoked meat or sausage and cabbage salad...brings good mood and life into you.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:06 pm

ult wrote:Pictures from the inside the base - http://www.kp.ru/daily/26440/3311460/

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 36 1007240

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 36 1007239

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 36 1007263

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 36 1007262

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 36 1007261

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 36 12120510_896723540398399_1242548184_n

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 36 12132906_1034304033292997_888459528_n

Solncepek
    Solncepek

Post  Solncepek Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:08 pm

Source: Associated Press

By LOLITA C. BALDOR and ROBERT BURNS Associated Press
    October 2, 2015 — 12:47pm

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon is grappling with whether the U.S. should use military force to protect U.S. trained and equipped Syrian rebels now that they may be the targets of Russian airstrikes.

Senior military leaders and defense officials are working through the thorny legal and foreign policy issues and are weighing the risks of using force in response to a Russian attack, U.S. officials said Thursday.

Pentagon leaders have consistently said that the U.S. must take steps to protect the American-trained rebels because it would be far more difficult to recruit fighters without those assurances. Defense Secretary Ash Carter told reporters in March that the U.S. has an obligation to support them, "And we're working through what kinds of support and under what conditions we would do so."

U.S. officials later made it clear that rebels trained by the U.S. would receive air support in the event they are attacked by either Islamic State militants or Syrian government troops. Currently, that protection would apply only to about 80 U.S.-trained Syrian rebels who are back in Syria fighting with their units.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:09 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    auslander wrote:

Don't know about you but when I was in harness almost all of us carried various small packets of dried condiments to enhance the normal mess hall and field rats. In regards to the buckwheat, I preferred a Tatar powdered mustard. Toss in a little salt and pepper and a tiny pinch of the mustard and it does wonders to the porridge, I'm talking flared nostrils and teary eyes for 100 meters in any direction.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:15 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    auslander wrote:

Here in America, we have 'Grits' which is ground corn turned to porridge and we also have 'Cream of Wheat', which is ground wheat turned to porridge. By themselves they don't have much of a taste, but they're basically used as 'fillers' to combine with other foods. In Asia tofu, as well as rice are used to the same effect, although rice is basically used everywhere in the world for the same reason.
    ult

Post  ult Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:26 pm

Guided air bombs dropped from Su-34 bombers destroyed a workshop aimed for production of improvised explosive devices

Solncepek
    Solncepek

Post  Solncepek Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:26 pm

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, blasted the talks with Russia, calling them an accommodation of Russia's role of Syria.

“Unfortunately, it appears 'deconfliction' is merely an Orwellian euphemism for this administration’s acceptance of Russia’s expanded role in Syria, and as a consequence, for Assad’s continued brutalization of the Syrian people," he said.

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), one of the administration's biggest foreign policy critics, called on the administration to take stronger measures.

"We should establish no-fly zones in Syria and make it clear that any aircraft that enters those zones will be shot down,” he said.

Hillary echoes Carly Fiorina: I’d impose a no-fly zone inside Syria

Former secretary of state Hillary Rodham Clinton broke with the White House she used to serve by advocating additional international air power to protect civilians in the multi-front war in Syria.

“I personally would be advocating now for a no-fly zone and humanitarian corridors to try to stop the carnage on the ground and from the air,” the Democratic presidential hopeful said in an interview Thursday.

This was a bad idea when Fiorina pushed it yesterday and it’s still a bad idea today. Is one worse than the other, though? Fiorina wants an NFZ to protect American-backed rebels from Putin’s bombs; Hillary wants one for “humanitarian” reasons, the same sort of thinking that produced the paradise you and I know as modern Libya.

It’s worth risking a world war to help decide which barbarians ultimately prevail in Syria, no?
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:31 pm

Solncepek wrote:Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, blasted the talks with Russia, calling them an accommodation of Russia's role of Syria.

“Unfortunately, it appears 'deconfliction' is merely an Orwellian euphemism for this administration’s acceptance of Russia’s expanded role in Syria, and as a consequence, for Assad’s continued brutalization of the Syrian people," he said.

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), one of the administration's biggest foreign policy critics, called on the administration to take stronger measures.

"We should establish no-fly zones in Syria and make it clear that any aircraft that enters those zones will be shot down,” he said.

Hillary echoes Carly Fiorina: I’d impose a no-fly zone inside Syria

Former secretary of state Hillary Rodham Clinton broke with the White House she used to serve by advocating additional international air power to protect civilians in the multi-front war in Syria.

“I personally would be advocating now for a no-fly zone and humanitarian corridors to try to stop the carnage on the ground and from the air,” the Democratic presidential hopeful said in an interview Thursday.

This was a bad idea when Fiorina pushed it yesterday and it’s still a bad idea today. Is one worse than the other, though? Fiorina wants an NFZ to protect American-backed rebels from Putin’s bombs; Hillary wants one for “humanitarian” reasons, the same sort of thinking that produced the paradise you and I know as modern Libya.

It’s worth risking a world war to help decide which barbarians ultimately prevail in Syria, no?

And what will they do once Russia shoots down an American jet? Or multiple american jets.

Post  Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:31 pm

"4 Grad rockets launched by rebels in Latakia countryside land near Bassel Al-Assad Airport"

Source: https://twitter.com/sayed_ridha/status/649988946433183744 - Quite reliable guy till now, so i guess its possible and most likely true
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:33 pm

Su-30SM over Idlib

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 36 Bmpd.livejournal

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1500149.html
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:34 pm

Wonder if there will be quick counter attack then? Strike the terrorists directly. Or capture them.

Post  Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:34 pm

"Syrians loyal to President Assad express their gratitude to the Russians for their decision to start bombing raids against their enemies. Lindsey Hilsum reports from the port city of Tartous."

You like Russia? Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss. Made me lol!

Post  Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:38 pm

sepheronx wrote:Wonder if there will be quick counter attack then?  Strike the terrorists directly.  Or capture them.

Well those SU25s are there for a reason i guess, they are ideal for point defence aganist ground threats. What i think is that Russians should bring some artillery radars to their bases, they would prove as good asset in this enviorement.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 36 Zoopark-1.t

Zoopark-1M maybe? Since SNAR 10 is kinda old as Bible these days.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:42 pm

Curiously enough, did Russia place any artillery at all at the airforce base?

Post  Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:44 pm

sepheronx wrote:Curiously enough, did Russia place any artillery at all at the airforce base?  

There are two artillery positions with D30 howtizers, around airfield, but i am not sure if they are Syrian or Russian in terms of origin and crew.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 36 ?m=02&d=20150917&t=2&i=1080184518&w=976&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&sq=&r=LYNXNPEB8G12P

Here you have pic of 1 such position.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:48 pm

Well, I hope no one got hurt from the grad fire, no Russians or Syrians injured, and hopefully a counter attack will happen immediately. That is, if the news is true.

Post  Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:49 pm

sepheronx wrote:Well, I hope no one got hurt from the grad fire, no Russians or Syrians injured, and hopefully a counter attack will happen immediately.  That is, if the news is true.

Seems they hit one big nothing, flat land.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm