Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+64
auslander
Isos
kvs
BKP
OminousSpudd
PapaDragon
LMFS
archangelski
JohninMK
par far
T-47
Hannibal Barca
SeigSoloyvov
Godric
eehnie
olibeira
starman
Big_Gazza
miketheterrible
Walther von Oldenburg
AbdulhamidtheSecond
crod
Comradespud
flamming_python
magnumcromagnon
tomazy
RTN
Sprut-B
Austin
Vann7
GunshipDemocracy
d_taddei2
Cyberspec
HUNTER VZLA
Skandalwitwe
calm
Cheetah
lulldapull
sheytanelkebir
Mindstorm
GarryB
SturmGuard
dino00
Project Canada
KoTeMoRe
Mindless_drone
yavar
George1
Kimppis
AlfaT8
adder
lycantrop
Airbornewolf
Airman
nemrod
TheArmenian
medo
Redboy
topor
franco
ATLASCUB
Arctic_Fox
YG_AJ
Aristide
68 posters

Syrian War: News #17

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 28 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

Post  JohninMK Tue May 08, 2018 1:08 am

From early last month but not changed much. Shows Turkey's locations in Idlib.

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 28 Photo_2018-04-08_15-35-46
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Tue May 08, 2018 1:17 am

franco wrote:

Trying to take out al-Baghdadi before he is caught and talks  Very Happy  

exactly my thoughts lol1 lol1 lol1

Militarov wrote:Well, while i sort of doubt it in this case. It wouldnt be the first time Israel tracks people that did this or that even after decades and punished them in one or another way. I mean... Wrath of God operation lasted for 40 years almost.

but they were not shooting unarmed civilians but defending their own country from Jewish military aggression, isnt it?
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Tue May 08, 2018 10:58 am

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 28 DcgFsp_W0AA2Eek
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue May 08, 2018 11:40 am

Still a way to go. Whilst the Government may want to do a deal and bus them away, the local SAA and allies understandably want to kill every last one of them now and it is ISIS atrocities have have cemented that attitude.

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 28 Dcn1HsUW0AA60bR
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue May 08, 2018 11:42 am

GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    franco wrote:

Trying to take out al-Baghdadi before he is caught and talks  Very Happy  

exactly my thoughts lol1 lol1 lol1

The Harry S Truman is now launching strikes into Syria from the eastern Med, maybe this is one of the targets.

SMM Syria
    ‏ @smmsyria
    58m58 minutes ago

???? #Iraqi intelligence reports that #ISIS leader Abu Bakr Al #Baghdadi is now in the #Syria's #Hajin town. Clashes between #SDF and #Daesh are ongoing in that area now.
    ???? Expect massive #airstrikes.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue May 08, 2018 11:45 am

GunshipDemocracy wrote:but they were not shooting unarmed civilians but defending their own country from  Jewish military aggression, isnt it?

Not Jewish, but Israeli

Israel is as much Jewish as America is Christian.

You wouldn't refer to the US invasion of Iraq in 2003 as the 10th Crusade.

Last edited by flamming_python on Tue May 08, 2018 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Tue May 08, 2018 11:53 am

America is Christian... mostly.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Tue May 08, 2018 11:56 am

flamming_python wrote:

Not Jewish, but Israeli

oh sorry I always thought Israel was a Jewish state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_nationality_law
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue May 08, 2018 11:57 am

This sounds Bogus to me, even if it wasn't the guys where in the army, they are legal targets.

Legal?

WTF?

So a Russian aircraft flys into Israeli air space and hits a people carrier car with the 6 man crew that loaded the aircraft that launched the last attack on Syria... is that legal?

Does Israel have a legal right to attack targets in Syria?

I mean I know they have the legal right to gun down Palestinians in Israel... Funny... the Albanians got Kosovo, Milosovich got bombed and the Palestinians got shafted again.

I realise you support fuckup land, but don't talk shit here please.

Israeli support for terrorists in Syria does not legalise any military action in Syria by those censored .

Not Jewish, but Israeli

Israel is as much Jewish as America is Christian.

Well when a jewish group jumps up and down at the criminal activities of the Jewish state of Israel in Israel and Syria then perhaps a distinction needs to be drawn... until then I don't think it is critically important.

If someone who supports jews is offended they can complain, but I would love to see them stick their heads up and hear their opinion of the Israeli military in Israel and Syria... and if they support those actions I will complain.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue May 08, 2018 12:28 pm

Tensions between Russia and Turkey growing , recently.. Turkey backed terrorist have been provoking/Shelling
    the Syrian army in aleppo. and Russia warned Erdogan,that will bomb the hell of their backed rebels if continue
    attacking Syrian army in Aleppo.. in response Turkey is sending its military to the zones their rebels terrorist
    located in western aleppo.

– A Turkish military convoy reached the western countryside of the Aleppo Governorate, yesterday, pro-opposition activists reported.

The Turkish military convoy reportedly reached the Rashiddeen 4 area of west Aleppo, where they setup a new observation point near the Syrian Arab Army’s (SAA) front-lines.

This move by the Turkish military comes soon after the rebel forces in west Aleppo fired several missiles and artillery shells towards the government areas.

According to a military source in Aleppo, the Russian military warned Turkey that if the rebels do not stop breaching the ceasefire, the will respond with force.

The source added that the Turkish military positioned themselves in this area to prevent the rebels from attacking the government areas anymore.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/turkish-military-sends-troops-to-west-aleppo-after-russia-threatens-to-attack/

starman
    starman

Post  starman Tue May 08, 2018 12:29 pm

GarryB wrote:
    This sounds Bogus to me, even if it wasn't the guys where in the army, they are legal targets.

Legal?

WTF?

So a Russian aircraft flys into Israeli air space and hits a people carrier car with the 6 man crew that loaded the aircraft that launched the last attack on Syria... is that legal?

I hope the previous post is right, that the killing of the SAM crew is bogus news. But if it were true, it is downright criminal. It is one thing to target and kill those who kill civilians like at the '72 olympics. But tracking down and killing regular military personnel, just for doing their duty against a hostile intruding jet?!! That would be the worst kind of state terrorism.

Last edited by starman on Tue May 08, 2018 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue May 08, 2018 12:35 pm

GarryB wrote:Well when a jewish group jumps up and down at the criminal activities of the Jewish state of Israel in Israel and Syria then perhaps a distinction needs to be drawn... until then I don't think it is critically important.

They're called the Jewish lobby in America.

Yet in fact they're not the Jewish lobby. They're the Israeli lobby. Because they advocate for Israeli interests, the interests of another country.
    That they're all Jews is superflous. The Nazis were all Germans by blood, yet you wouldn't have called all Germans - Nazis; or said that the Nazis are fighting for German interests. The Nazis led Germans and German interests to absolute catastrophe.

Jewish American interests are seperate and people who strictly do things like advocate for education against anti-Semitism and other things that are strictly in the interests of Jews living in America but not directly related to Israel - are not called the Jewish lobby. They're not called anything.

If someone who supports jews is offended they can complain, but I would love to see them stick their heads up and hear their opinion of the Israeli military in Israel and Syria... and if they support those actions I will complain.

Neither me or my father support anything Israeli yet we both have Jewish roots. We don't neccesserily support or hold anything against Israel either. However this is a country that we both actively stay away from, other than to visit relatives. It's dangerous for the body. And as I like to say it's even more dangerous for the mind.

Short disclaimer - I've never actually identified as a Jew because I'm not Jewish by religion; I'm Christian, but since I'm related by blood to my Jewish family it's more than enough for me to get Israeli citizenship if I wanted it, and for Netanyahu to go around the world to Paris and Washington D.C. and claim to speak on my behalf or at least on my father's behalf.

After all, apart from claiming to speak in the name of all Jews - Israel also did another thing. It redefined what it means to be a Jew. It used to be just about the religion, and religion was passed down maternally. They got that 'ethnic' definition of the Jewish people from Nazi Germany. What's the word for that philosophy that posits that when 2 sides face off and fight against each other; eventually they will both adopt part of each other's notions and outlook, regardless of who wins?

I don't opine on Israel much because it has nothing to do with me. Why should I have an opinion on it, any more than I have an opinion on say the crisis in Sudan?
    I'm from Russia. As a human being I care about things in my own vicinity and in my own country than I do about who kills who on another continent.

Last edited by flamming_python on Tue May 08, 2018 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue May 08, 2018 1:16 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

Not Jewish, but Israeli

oh sorry I always thought Israel was a Jewish state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_nationality_law

And today's Ukrainian regime says that it's a Ukrainian state.. the one and only Ukrainian state, that speaks for all Ukrainians.

No, not a US client state or Banderastan, but the Ukrainian state that's working in Ukrainian interests. Names and branding, there's nothing more important right. Wouldn't want to give people the wrong idea.

And that getting rid of the Russian language everywhere and introducing Ukrainian in its place is what all Ukrainians want.. even ones living in other countries. Because it's the Ukrainian state that is saying so, Ukrainian state = Ukrainians.. dur, it's obvious.
    Idolilizing WW2 Nazi collaborators is also what all Ukrainians want. Don't you know, Bandera, Shukhevich & co. were all fighting for a Ukrainian state?

And if you don't support our Ukrainian state then you're anti-Ukrainian or a Putin bot.

Personally though - I happen to know Ukrainians that don't give a fuck what the Ukrainian coupists claim themselves or the new country they're making to be..

Last edited by flamming_python on Tue May 08, 2018 2:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue May 08, 2018 1:35 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:America is Christian... mostly.

They're majority Christian by population.

But America is not a Christian state.

If the US was even half a Christian state, they wouldn't be doing a fraction of the no-good that they're up to in the Middle East and other parts of the world.

Not saying that Russia is a Christian state either. Unforunately countries aren't typically run according to philosophies, and when they are the religious fervour usually comes with it and that fervour is used to justify all kinds of things that in fact the underlying philosophy actually argues against.

Israeli is just Israel. It's an Israeli state. Or Zionist state if you prefer. Because Zionist thinking permeates Israeli ideology, domestic and foreign policy to this day.
    Many early Zionists BTW were very much anti-Semites. Many were survivors of the Holocaust. And many were both.
    So although it's a ideology I can't relate to in any way - I can understand its appeal. Many people who founded Israel simply didn't see that there was any other alternative, after what they went through.

Last edited by flamming_python on Tue May 08, 2018 1:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Tue May 08, 2018 1:36 pm

JohninMK wrote:Still a way to go. Whilst the Government may want to do a deal and bus them away, the local SAA and allies understandably want to kill every last one of them now and it is ISIS atrocities have have cemented that attitude.

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 28 Dcn1HsUW0AA60bR

I actually think that no deal will be done they will kill all of them. It's at the point now no where really to send them they don't want them sent to eastern syria to disappear into the desert. I don't think it will take long. 3-6 weeks and that's being kind to isis lol.

I wonder if isis hunters will then head to the east to finish off the pocket. Then the rest of troops head to Homs to apply pressure on deals or attack. Northern Hama is just applying pressure but no movement in til Homs done. I would also expect at that time a push for latakia and jisr

T
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Tue May 08, 2018 2:57 pm

flamming_python wrote:Personally though

So you like Anatoli Wassermann then? Smile

Let's stick to Israeli aggression not to go off topic ok? nonthe less this is a crime to target soldiers defending own county.
    I do hope it is fake news Shocked Shocked Shocked
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Tue May 08, 2018 3:23 pm

To the best of my knowledge, it is fake news.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue May 08, 2018 3:46 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:Personally though

So you like Anatoli Wassermann then?  Smile

Let's stick to Israeli aggression not to go off topic ok? nonthe less this is a crime to target soldiers defending own county.
    I do hope it is fake news   Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  

I'm not like anybody. Like I said I'm not really Jewish, so this whole topic is not that interesting for me in any case. It's not my identity that the Israelis are hijacking.
    However I thought I'd give my thoughts on all this Jewish state, Jewish military, Jewish this or that stuff since I've been hearing about it all a tad too much lately.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue May 08, 2018 8:55 pm

ELINT News
    ELINT News
    @ELINTNews
    ·
    41m
    #BREAKING: Massive military aerial activity across Northern Israel right now

If Iran doesn't attack today or tmr, you can be sure Israel will hit them again. They want a response from Iran to attack them with the stupid Trump.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue May 08, 2018 9:15 pm

Isos wrote:.....
    If Iran doesn't attack today or tmr, you can be sure Israel will hit them again. They want a response from Iran to attack them with the stupid Trump.

I assume that Iran will not be attacking from his own territory?

I mean, that would actually require having balls. Better to do it the pussy way right?
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue May 08, 2018 9:18 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Isos wrote:.....

I assume that Iran will not be attacking from his own territory?

I mean, that would actually require having balls. Better to do it the pussy way right?

That would a mistake and a suicide. Israeli are waiting an attack from Iran to bomb them with US that will for sure help Israel. They could let Hezbollah attack but Iranian attack is unlikely.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue May 08, 2018 9:33 pm

Isos wrote:.........
    That would a mistake and a suicide. Israeli are waiting an attack from Iran to bomb them with US that will for sure help Israel. They could let Hezbollah attack but Iranian attack is unlikely.

Of course that would be suicide, that's why they don't have balls to do but they don't seem to have an issue with attacking from Syria and creating problems for both Syria and Russia in the process.

How do they justify that BS?

Hopefully Israelis will slap them down so hard this time that they will finally back off.

Besides, all these Iranian units in Syria that are  trying to weasel their way down do not contribute in any way to fight against jihadists so there is no harm in letting them get roasted.  

Better for Israel to have some fun with them than to give USA another excuse to hammer SAA under pretext of fighting Iran.
    lycantrop

Post  lycantrop Tue May 08, 2018 9:38 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Isos wrote:.........

Of course that would be suicide, that's why they don't have balls to do but they don't seem to have an issue with attacking from Syria and creating problems for both Syria and Russia in the process.

How do they justify that BS?

Hopefully Israelis will slap them down so hard this time that they will finally back off.

Besides, all these Iranian units in Syria that are  trying to weasel their way down do not contribute in any way to fight against jihadists so there is no harm in letting them get roasted.  

Better for Israel to have some fun with them than to give USA another excuse to hammer SAA under pretext of fighting Iran.

still butthurt because your buddies get slapped in 2006?
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue May 08, 2018 9:52 pm

lycantrop wrote:..........

What happened in 2006? There wasn't even European Basketball Championship then and there sure as shit wasn't any war here. I should know because that was year when I served.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue May 08, 2018 9:56 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    lycantrop wrote:..........

What happened in 2006? There wasn't even European Basketball Championship then and there sure as shit wasn't any war here. I should know because that was year when I served.

He is talking about Israel vs Hezbollah in 2006 when they destroyed lot of Merkavas.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 am