Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9995
    Points : 10073
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:41 am

    mnztr wrote:Either some very serious work is underway or its become a refugee camp.

    Just let it die already

    It earned that much (and not a ounce more)
    avatar
    mnztr

    Posts : 779
    Points : 809
    Join date : 2018-01-21

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  mnztr on Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:22 am

    Whats that they are installing? ?Is that a catapult rail that runs the length of the runway?
    avatar
    Daniel_Admassu

    Posts : 44
    Points : 46
    Join date : 2020-11-18
    Age : 40
    Location : Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  Daniel_Admassu on Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:00 am

    mnztr wrote:Whats that they are installing? ?Is that a catapult rail that runs the length of the runway?

    That is probably a temporary utility line, like water or gas pipe for the maintenance. An electric or mechanical catapult would be just a slit on the runway, not something that bulges out (a bad idea on any runway).

    Whatever they do on the deck, I am sure that there is a whole lot more going on under. Here is to a new gas turbine (domestic) and a shiny modern bridge a-la Gorshkov.😍
    avatar
    mnztr

    Posts : 779
    Points : 809
    Join date : 2018-01-21

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  mnztr on Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:39 am

    Daniel_Admassu wrote:
    That is probably a temporary utility line, like water or gas pipe for the maintenance. An electric or mechanical catapult would be just a slit on the runway, not something that bulges out (a bad idea on any runway).


    True but this one was never designed for cats, so who knows what unnatural acts they would have to conduct to install one, including a new layer of decking perhaps.
    LMFS
    LMFS

    Posts : 2765
    Points : 2767
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  LMFS on Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:15 am

    The Yankees, always so concerned about Russia using their budget wisely to advance their military capacities, are recommending yet again to ditch the Kuznetsov and concentrate on the UDKs clown clown clown

    I would be concerned if I shared the same opinion as some people apparently do. Take the advice from your enemy, just like Sun Tzu recommends respekt

    https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/38724/russia-should-ditch-its-cursed-aircraft-carrier-and-focus-on-its-two-new-amphibious-assault-ships

    Big_Gazza and Backman like this post

    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 8323
    Points : 8468
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  kvs on Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:48 am

    So the Kuznetsov is now cursed according to the Drive. What a piece of used toilet paper this rag is (electronic or not).
    World's ugliest ship (for an Arctic ice observation platform), world's dumbest people (without who the CERN LHC would not
    be possible), etc.

    Wank, wank, wank.

    Big_Gazza likes this post

    Backman
    Backman

    Posts : 254
    Points : 258
    Join date : 2020-11-11

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  Backman on Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:42 am

    LMFS wrote:The Yankees, always so concerned about Russia using their budget wisely to advance their military capacities, are recommending yet again to ditch the Kuznetsov and concentrate on the UDKs clown clown clown

    I would be concerned if I shared the same opinion as some people apparently do. Take the advice from your enemy, just like Sun Tzu recommends respekt

    https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/38724/russia-should-ditch-its-cursed-aircraft-carrier-and-focus-on-its-two-new-amphibious-assault-ships

    I was just thinking ... If these heli carriers are going to be 40,000 tons , they might as well go a little bigger yet so they can fit some su 57's on there Smile

    There's a hot link in the article where is says "Russia is in financial difficulty" and the link goes to the story about the Lada class ship being cancelled.

    That is their go-to reason to claim Russia is in financial difficulty. The big overkill Lada ship cancel
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 6755
    Points : 6906
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:26 am

    LMFS wrote:The Yankees, always so concerned about Russia using their budget wisely to advance their military capacities, are recommending yet again to ditch the Kuznetsov and concentrate on the UDKs clown clown clown

    I would be concerned if I shared the same opinion as some people apparently do. Take the advice from your enemy, just like Sun Tzu recommends respekt

    https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/38724/russia-should-ditch-its-cursed-aircraft-carrier-and-focus-on-its-two-new-amphibious-assault-ships

    Was this the same shitty 'The Drive' that said the PAK-FA program was going get cancelled back in 2018, and were hyping up the F-35 'Beware of Lightning'? Fast-forward 2-3 years the Su-57 how has a 76 jet order contract, and the official report of F-35's suffocating hundreds of pilots, followed by the U.S. Department of Defense decreed that a decision on full-rate production of the jet is on indefinite hold halting it's advancement, and 3 major NATO militaries (France, Germany, Turkey) no longer in the F-35 program lmao? lol1 clown pwnd

    Big_Gazza, kvs, LMFS and Daniel_Admassu like this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9995
    Points : 10073
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:51 am

    LMFS wrote:...

    https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/38724/russia-should-ditch-its-cursed-aircraft-carrier-and-focus-on-its-two-new-amphibious-assault-ships

    Damn, I can't believe actually agree with clowns from TheDrive affraid

    2021 is looking to be crazier than 2020









    Last edited by PapaDragon on Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:52 am; edited 2 times in total
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 8323
    Points : 8468
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  kvs on Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:51 am

    "The Drive" aka "The Drivel" aka "The Drive to Self-Excitement".

    It is hard for me to grasp just how degenerate western elites are. This infantile fantasy projection is taken seriously. Just
    like the rubbish in The Diplomat which in a 2006 article claimed that Russia's nuclear ICBMs would be taken out by stealthy
    B-2 bombing runs and F-22 attacks or some other retarded drivel.



    Big_Gazza likes this post

    avatar
    mnztr

    Posts : 779
    Points : 809
    Join date : 2018-01-21

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  mnztr on Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:53 am

    kvs wrote:So the Kuznetsov is now cursed according to the Drive.   What a piece of used toilet paper this rag is (electronic or not).  
    World's ugliest ship (for an Arctic ice observation platform), world's dumbest people (without who the CERN LHC would not
    be possible), etc.

    Wank, wank, wank.


    The Space Station is based on tech from MIR.
    avatar
    mnztr

    Posts : 779
    Points : 809
    Join date : 2018-01-21

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  mnztr on Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:56 am

    PapaDragon wrote:

    Damn, I can't believe actually agree with clowns from TheDrive affraid

    2021 is looking to be crazier than 2020


    You know which carrier is really cursed? The USS Bonhomme Richard ..lol.

    Backman likes this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9995
    Points : 10073
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:03 am

    mnztr wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

    Damn, I can't believe actually agree with clowns from TheDrive affraid

    2021 is looking to be crazier than 2020


    You know which carrier is really cursed? The USS Bonhomme Richard ..lol.

    Bonny Dick wasted less money than Smoky Kuzya and had decency to go out quickly

    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 2217
    Points : 2217
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  Big_Gazza on Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:28 am

    PapaDragon wrote:Bonny Dick wasted less money than Smoky Kuzya and had decency to go out quickly

    Smoky Kuzya? Man, I think you belong on the The Drive. You have a real stubborn childish streak that just doesn't go way no matter how much folks try to expose you to facts...
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9995
    Points : 10073
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:32 am

    Big_Gazza wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:Bonny Dick wasted less money than Smoky Kuzya and had decency to go out quickly

    Smoky Kuzya? Man, I think you belong on the The Drive. You have a real stubborn childish streak that just doesn't go way no matter how much folks try to expose you to facts...

    What facts? That aforementioned industrial disaster is wasting enough funds and manpower to cover entire fleet of frigates and several aircraft squadrons?

    Please expose me to more facts because this is awesome Rolling Eyes
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 2217
    Points : 2217
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  Big_Gazza on Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:45 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Big_Gazza wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:Bonny Dick wasted less money than Smoky Kuzya and had decency to go out quickly

    Smoky Kuzya?  Man, I think you belong on the The Drive.  You have a real stubborn childish streak that just doesn't go way no matter how much folks try to expose you to facts...

    What facts? That aforementioned industrial disaster is wasting enough funds and manpower to cover entire fleet of frigates and several aircraft squadrons?

    Please expose me to more facts because this is awesome Rolling Eyes

    Facts such as the problems with the K are GROSSLY OVERSTATED and that there is NOTHING fundamentally wrong with her that a repair and moderate upgrade won't fix for a resonable price.

    Those are facts, and they won't go away just because they undermine your NATOesque narratives.  Dunno why you spread NATOista bullshit about your pet-hates (Kuznetsov and "Trampoline Man") but its gets fucking monotonous.

    slasher, miketheterrible, LMFS, Hole and Backman like this post

    avatar
    mnztr

    Posts : 779
    Points : 809
    Join date : 2018-01-21

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  mnztr on Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:02 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    mnztr wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

    Damn, I can't believe actually agree with clowns from TheDrive affraid

    2021 is looking to be crazier than 2020


    You know which carrier is really cursed? The USS Bonhomme Richard ..lol.

    Bonny Dick wasted less money than Smoky Kuzya and had decency to go out quickly


    No it didn't it was close to completing a major modernization in preparation to operate F-35s which was contracted between 219 and 469million ....all up in flames.

    Big_Gazza likes this post

    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 6755
    Points : 6906
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:42 am

    Blah, blah, blah, Kuz Smokey the Bear....

    Notice those turd burglars have nothing to say, not even a single word about the problem-riddled LCS program, or the hiccupping Zumwalt destroyer, or the news that US subs were being supplied shitty sub-par steel for decades lmao! clown pwnd

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, LMFS and Hole like this post

    avatar
    mnztr

    Posts : 779
    Points : 809
    Join date : 2018-01-21

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  mnztr on Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:43 am

    Another thing I find funny about that article is that they say putting and angled deck and ramp is a big undertaking. WHY? What is so incredibly hard about building an angled deck and a ramp when you are building a 44K ton ship...good lord.

    Big_Gazza likes this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9995
    Points : 10073
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:47 am

    Big_Gazza wrote:...

    Facts such as the problems with the K are GROSSLY OVERSTATED and that there is NOTHING fundamentally wrong with her that a repair and moderate upgrade won't fix for a resonable price.

    Those are facts, and they won't go away just because they undermine your NATOesque narratives.  Dunno why you spread NATOista bullshit about your pet-hates (Kuznetsov and "Trampoline Man") but its gets fucking monotonous.

    Grossly overstated? In all caps?

    Damn thing was on fire several times, nearly sank, proven to be useless in "combat" and has not only contributed nothing to security of Russia but has overall been one of the best things that happened to modern day NATO

    Do you honestly think that this thing will ever demonstrate even a shred of usefulness?

    Are you that much of a fanboy that you actually think that this half-assed disaster will some day do anything that will make it even look like a naval vessel?

    French one carries half as many aircraft even though it's half the size

    French one! French!

    And theirs actually works

    Again, French



    walle83 likes this post

    avatar
    mnztr

    Posts : 779
    Points : 809
    Join date : 2018-01-21

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  mnztr on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:38 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Grossly overstated? In all caps?

    Damn thing was on fire several times, nearly sank, proven to be useless in "combat" and has not only contributed nothing to security of Russia but has overall been one of the best things that happened to modern day NATO

    Do you honestly think that this thing will ever demonstrate even a shred of usefulness?

    Are you that much of a fanboy that you actually think that this half-assed disaster will some day do anything that will make it even look like a naval vessel?

    French one carries half as many aircraft even though it's half the size

    French one! French!

    And theirs actually works

    Again, French




    It was not very effective in delivering naval strikes, sure. But it was actually never designed for that. Deploying it with attack planes was a requriements gathering exercise. It is still a missile cruiser, the air wing is to defend it from air strikes so it can lose nuclear tipped missiles and wipe out a CBG. So even in its depleted state I doubt any US ships would dare get within 1000 km of the Kuz if hostilities were on.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 27415
    Points : 27947
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  GarryB on Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:17 am

    I was just thinking ... If these heli carriers are going to be 40,000 tons , they might as well go a little bigger yet so they can fit some su 57's on there

    Because it is not a helicopter carrier... it is intended to carry russian naval infantry and their armour, the helicopters are there to support a landing operation... it is essentially an Ivan Rogov (the original) but with a flat deck and rather more helicopters to support the landing as well as more naval infantry and armour.

    Putting an Su-57 makes as much sense as putting a couple of Tu-22M3s on there...

    The Kuznetsov was never intended for striking ground or sea targets.... that is why it carried Granits.

    The Kuznetsov was intended to add air defence to a surface group of Soviet ships... its performance was limited by its small size so it had to use Ka-31s instead of Yak-44s but its replacement Ulyanovsk was supposed to have cats and is larger to fix those problems.

    Testing the K in Syria was useful, there were problems of course, but that is why testing is such a valuable thing.

    Not being able to launch fixed wing aircraft means the K was as effective as Americas latest super carrier... which is amazing performance really when you think about it.... 15 billion US dollars in value...

    They have upgraded the Kuznetsov and are going to be putting it back to sea soon enough... the drive can dribble on with their expert advice all they want but their advice and suggests always run counter to Russian interests so it is very reassuring to hear them bleat that nonsense.

    Like hearing western countries criticise Putin... means they are doing the right thing.

    Big_Gazza likes this post

    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 2217
    Points : 2217
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  Big_Gazza on Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:29 am

    mnztr wrote:It was not very effective in delivering naval strikes, sure. But it was actually never designed for that. Deploying it with attack planes was a requriements gathering exercise. It is still a missile cruiser, the air wing is to defend it from air strikes so it can lose nuclear tipped missiles and wipe out a CBG. So even in its depleted state I doubt any US ships would dare get within 1000 km of the Kuz if hostilities were on.

    Kuz was designed to extend ASW helo coverage and air supremacy over the Soviet-era SSBN bastions like the Barents Sea and guard against the interdiction of their boomers by enemy SSNs and ASW forces.  It performs this function quite well, and the ability to put air superiority fighters into the air with a useful fuel load and AAM loadout from a 1/2 length rolling takeoff (or a full loaded aircraft from the long run) without the use of steam catapult is a real positive.  She has no reliance on a potentially troublesome catapult to launch fighters (which is susceptible to battle damage) to get sorties airborne. Given that a lack of maintenance resulted in problems with the Ks arrestor gear in Syria, what problems do people think a badly-maintained steam cat would have caused??

    To repeat: there is nothing wrong with her that a repair/upgrade and proper maintenance cannot fix. To endlessly harp on to the contrary is disengenuous and simply not honest.

    PapaDragon, you are usually a sensible poster, but when it comes to the Kuznetsov or Rogozin you seem to get possessed with the malevolent spirit of vann7  Shocked .  May i suggest you wear a (Orthodox) crucifix when posting and chant some protective mantras as you type.  A liberal sprinkling of Holy Water on your keyboard and a bottle or two of sacramental wine should fully seal you from temporary demonic possession.   Laughing

    GarryB, kvs, JohninMK, slasher and owais.usmani like this post

    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 8323
    Points : 8468
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  kvs on Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:00 am

    Being a PC mouthpiece I am quite sure The Drivel is in principle against nuclear power. So any bitching about black smoke from oil
    burners is thick and rich BS. If Dunning-Kruger clowns don't want to see smoke, then they should demand nuclear propulsion.
    The only parameter that matters is how much oil the Kuznetsov burns and whether it can get to where it needs to go. If it
    really had a problem with its propulsion system, then it would not be getting around. But for some reason I see zero evidence
    being presented that it fails to reach its destination because it blew its oil tanks on failed combustion.

    White smoke means small average size of smoke aerosol coming out of the stack due to Mie scattering. Grey transitioning into
    black means increasing size of smoke aerosol particles. It does not mean that unburned oil is coming out of the stack like
    all the uneducated retards at The Drivel and its lemming consumers think. The grade of fuel and the operating regime of the
    boilers affects the aerosol size spectrum. In particular the sulfur content, which is efficient at generating aerosol particles
    through nucleation. The ambient moisture as well as the moisture released by combustion affects their growth rate and
    they act to entrain the organic compounds released by hydrocarbon combustion (*). A colder stack temperature will mean
    darker coloured smoke.

    Operating a large ship using diesel engines is not an instant win. Enormous ship diesels cam burn orimulsion (an emulsion
    of bitumen in water) and other low grade fuel that is nothing like the diesel at your local pumping station. These engines
    will produce lots of black smoke too.

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Port-Emissions-1210x331-845x321

    Jesus H. Christ the inanity being spewed on every topic dealing with Russia. Like Pavlov's dogs, drooling on conditioned response
    to the word "Russia".

    (*) Nobody with a clue would expect pure CO2 to come out of any oil burner. Only simple compounds like CH4 can be
    tuned to burn giving off mostly CO2 and H2O. Ship fuel oil is not in the same ball park.

    Big_Gazza, LMFS and lyle6 like this post

    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 6940
    Points : 6930
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  Isos on Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:36 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    LMFS wrote:...

    https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/38724/russia-should-ditch-its-cursed-aircraft-carrier-and-focus-on-its-two-new-amphibious-assault-ships

    Damn, I can't believe actually agree with clowns from TheDrive affraid

    2021 is looking to be crazier than 2020


    They are stupid. They are saying this like they will make some welding mistake on the heli carriers if they keep working on Kuznetsov.

    There is no impact from one to another projects.

    The heli carriers are designed and build according to their specs. If they stop the kuznetsov that won't impact them.

    GarryB, Big_Gazza and Backman like this post


    Sponsored content

    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News #2

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:36 pm