Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+38
TMA1
Arrow
franco
Kiko
ALAMO
ATLASCUB
The-thing-next-door
Pacense
lyle6
lancelot
d_taddei2
Backman
JohninMK
walle83
miketheterrible
kvs
Isos
Odin of Ossetia
sweartome123
Azi
DerWolf
Project Canada
Austin
Zhukov-Patton
Kimppis
VeeTee
max steel
George1
magnumcromagnon
richsu
AlfaT8
Kyo
GarryB
Flyingdutchman
flamming_python
Hannibal Barca
Werewolf
Battalion0415
42 posters

Sweden and Finland accession to NATO

VeeTee
    VeeTee

Sweden and Finland accession to NATO - Page 4 Empty Re: Sweden and Finland accession to NATO

Post  VeeTee Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:02 pm

Kimppis wrote:IT'S HAPPENING!!! The Russians are coming! Shots fired!

This is BIG news atm. Sweden redux?

Haha, I did read that at work, shrugged, told my co-worker about it and we made a few jokes about the navy. It's business as usual, although it's rare the depth.. they are small grenades that go boom but don't cause any damage,really.. charges are used. I'm not sure if this is actually because the ships that can deploy them never make it to the scene of a possible sighting. It has happened before, but there was a time when such things didn't make it in the news.

Hm, I had to edit the link out of the quote because I'm a newbie. Can't post links.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Sweden and Finland accession to NATO - Page 4 Empty Re: Sweden and Finland accession to NATO

Post  GarryB Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:03 am

Would be hell funny if Finland would sink one of the NATO ships that are entering finish waters... i want to hear the story then.

I am sure it will have been a US weather balloon, or a rookie unit that got lost and only got near the surface to get their bearings...
    Zhukov-Patton
    Zhukov-Patton

Post  Zhukov-Patton Thu May 28, 2015 9:34 am

I have the solution for Sweden and Finland future defense needs. Sweden during the cold war from my research any way tried building nukes. But the funding gave out and it was a new fighter or nukes they went for the fighter. Now if Sweden and Finland could form a new military and economic union they could due to there unique nature form a joint military force. The money would pay for all the toys needed and once nukes where completed NATO and a future Russian president who really wants to build an empire would steer clear because a state with nukes and a decent army in European terms would be to much trouble for to little. If done right Norway and Denmark could end up leaving NATO and joining this union. The union would remove the Russian crosshairs because there is no reason to invade a non-NATO Scandinavia. The Russians will be fine because the trouble the states could make in NATO hands would be over. NATO likes to go into stupid wars or wars that are poorly fought. An independent alliance would avoid those. Thus happy people and that's always good. The only flaw is the states would have to grow a pair and actually try to be able to defend themselves.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat May 30, 2015 12:38 am

Sweden Shouldn’t Be Scared to Say ‘No’ to NATO Membership
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:25 am

Russia warns Sweden it will face military action if it joins Nato

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-warns-sweden-it-will-face-military-action-if-it-joins-nato-10331397.html
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:33 pm

George1 wrote:Russia warns Sweden it will face military action if it joins Nato

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-warns-sweden-it-will-face-military-action-if-it-joins-nato-10331397.html

How does taking measures if/when Sweden joins NATO, constitute as "military action"?
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:24 pm

AlfaT8 wrote:

How does taking measures if/when Sweden joins NATO, constitute as "military action"?

If you are the bully, blame russia.

If in doubt how to make headlines to be the victim, blame Putin and Russia.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:40 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:

If you are the bully, blame russia.

If in doubt how to make headlines to be the victim, blame Putin and Russia.

What do we expect from certified Lutefisk garglers?
    Austin

Post  Austin Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:38 am

So is it certain that Finland and Sweden will join NATO ?

Finland shares a huge border with Russia and it will be very diffcult for Russia if you have NATO at your border
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:15 pm

Austin wrote:So is it certain that Finland and Sweden will join NATO ?

Finland shares a huge border with Russia and it will be very diffcult for Russia if you have NATO at your border

http://sputniknews.com/military/20160429/1038812608/russia-missiles-sweden-nato.html
    Austin

Post  Austin Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:11 pm

max steel wrote:
    Austin wrote:So is it certain that Finland and Sweden will join NATO ?

http://sputniknews.com/military/20160429/1038812608/russia-missiles-sweden-nato.html

The point I was trying to make with Sweden and Finland loosing its neturality and joining NATO , the buffer that Russia had will be lost for good , Kalingrad Enclave would be severely impacted.

Too bad
    Project Canada

Post  Project Canada Mon May 09, 2016 3:06 pm

First Base: US Fighter Jets Make Their Debut on Finnish Soil

http://sputniknews.com/news/20160509/1039304226/finland-us-fighters-exercises.html#ixzz48AB1CN5S

The situation now is like cancer on its final stage, the cancer (USA) will stop at nothing to encroach further closer to Russian territory, Russia will eventually prepare itself for the ultimate sacrifice of a total nuclear war with the United States, Russia may cease to exist, but all of NATO too will follow. the blame will ultimately fall to NATO for their stupid ambitions for world domination. Such an unfortunate outcome, but its becoming a reality with every aggressive move by NATO scums
    DerWolf

Post  DerWolf Mon May 09, 2016 10:30 pm

Project Canada wrote:

http://sputniknews.com/news/20160509/1039304226/finland-us-fighters-exercises.html#ixzz48AB1CN5S

The situation now is like cancer on its final stage, the cancer (USA) will stop at nothing to encroach further closer to Russian territory, Russia will eventually prepare itself for the ultimate sacrifice of a total nuclear war with the United States, Russia may cease to exist, but all of NATO too will follow. the blame will ultimately fall to NATO for their stupid ambitions for world domination. Such an unfortunate outcome, but its becoming a reality with every aggressive move by NATO scums

I dont think that will happen. USA in this way is pressuring Russia because of Russia's indipendent policies and for not being vassal state. Anyway i think Russia in the end will accept to obay US rather than risking a nuclear holocaust.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue May 10, 2016 12:25 am

if Finnish do this they cross the line. Good relations with Russia based so many decades in neutrality
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue May 10, 2016 12:31 am

DerWolf wrote:
    Project Canada wrote:

I dont think that will happen. USA in this way is pressuring Russia because of Russia's indipendent policies and for not being  vassal state. Anyway i think Russia in the end will accept to obay US rather than risking a nuclear holocaust.

You don't seem to get do you? The major expansion of NATO eastward happened under pro-Western neo-liberal charlatan, Boris Yeltsin. No amount of boot-lickers will prevent NATO from pursuing a first strike policy.
    DerWolf

Post  DerWolf Tue May 10, 2016 8:37 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    DerWolf wrote:
    Project Canada wrote:

I dont think that will happen. USA in this way is pressuring Russia because of Russia's indipendent policies and for not being  vassal state. Anyway i think Russia in the end will accept to obay US rather than risking a nuclear holocaust.

You don't seem to get do you? The major expansion of NATO eastward happened under pro-Western neo-liberal charlatan, Boris Yeltsin. No amount of boot-lickers will prevent NATO from pursuing a first strike policy.

Just the idea of attacking Russia and starting a nuclear holocaust seems to me something that never gonna happen, no one is so stupid to go so far. I think that USA just wants to make pressure to Russia because Russia is pursuing an indipendent policy.
    Azi

Post  Azi Tue May 10, 2016 9:50 am

Project Canada wrote:

Keep calm!

It's an exercise, not a permanent base. NATO will have no permanent and massive presence in Sweden and Finland! Both countries are very proud to be neutral and I think it will not change drastic in the next few years, because people see that Russia is not agressive. People don't take the NATO bla bla very serious.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue May 10, 2016 11:21 am

And how has that pressure gone so far?

US and EU sanctions on Russia certainly stopped the Russian invasion of the Ukraine because there never was a Russian invasion of the Ukraine.

Reciprocal sanctions by Russia aimed at EU food has had a significant effect on many EU members... in fact I would say there are quite a few EU members who would beg Russia to take their food exports again... so who is pressuring whom?

Even if the 'stans joined NATO I doubt Putin would suddenly capitulate and bow and scrape to Brussels and Washington like the leaders in so many countries do... Australia, UK, France, Poland etc etc etc... pathetic.

Clearly the secret is bribe both left and right parties and ban the ones that wont listen to money and sell out their own people...

If all of Europe wants to join NATO that is fine... Russia will simply move an appropriate amount of forces to the necessary places and it is sorted.

If anything NATO at the border is easier to hit with ballistic and cruise missiles... those countries will still be a buffer zone that any ground war will be fought upon, so nothing has really changed... it will just mean NATO will start getting pushed back sooner rather than later.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue May 10, 2016 7:28 pm

GarryB wrote:And how has that pressure gone so far?

US and EU sanctions on Russia certainly stopped the Russian invasion of the Ukraine because there never was a Russian invasion of the Ukraine.

Reciprocal sanctions by Russia aimed at EU food has had a significant effect on many EU members... in fact I would say there are quite a few EU members who would beg Russia to take their food exports again... so who is pressuring whom?

Even if the 'stans joined NATO I doubt Putin would suddenly capitulate and bow and scrape to Brussels and Washington like the leaders in so many countries do... Australia, UK, France, Poland etc etc etc... pathetic.

Clearly the secret is bribe both left and right parties and ban the ones that wont listen to money and sell out their own people...

If all of Europe wants to join NATO that is fine... Russia will simply move an appropriate amount of forces to the necessary places and it is sorted.

If anything NATO at the border is easier to hit with ballistic and cruise missiles... those countries will still be a buffer zone that any ground war will be fought upon, so nothing has really changed... it will just mean NATO will start getting pushed back sooner rather than later.

You don't have to go as far as using cruise and ballistic missiles, MLRS such as Smerch/Tornado-S were likely designed to carry tactical thermonuclear warheads. Smerch/Tornado-S are already monstrosities on the battlefield with conventional munitions, but fit them with tactical thermonuclear warheads and you have Emperors of the Underworld. Maybe it's also worthwhile to take the technology of Koaltion and make a brand new replacement 203 mm artillery peace to replace Pion , with expanded range that pushes well beyond 100 km's, GLONASS kits, glide-kits, etc. I can't forget to mention that Pro-NATO mouth pieces were forced to admit that Russia has a 16 to 1 advantage in MLRS (this is even before the 700 order of additional pieces) and a 24 to 1 advantage of SHORAD in Eastern Europe...which means Russia will have the necessary MLRS (with or without the additional 700) to blitzkreig the border lapdogs and those same lapdogs won't have the necessary amount of SHORAD to defend themselves. Also here's my post from another thread:

magnumcromagnon wrote:Looks like the big wigs at the most powerful and influential think tank in the U.S. (Rand Corp) are forced to eat humble pie about who has the advantage in Eastern Europe between NATO and Russia:

Experts believe such a balance of power: Russia will have an initial advantage over the United States and its allies on the tanks in the ratio of 7: 1, by BMP - 5: 1 by attack helicopters - 5: 1, according to conventional artillery - 4: 1 by rocket artillery - 16: 1, by short-range air defense system - 24: 1 and a long-range air defense - 17: 1.

Analysts told what exactly is superior to Russia, NATO

The mean/average comes out to 11-to-1 advantage in favor of Russia... lol1

...Oh and we can't forget Russia will put 2 different anti-ICBM mobile ABM's (S-500 and Nudol/A-235) into service, something NATO won't have in their arsenal for years to come (probably no earlier than 10-20 years from now). Wink

https://www.russiadefence.net/t5172-us-aims-at-forming-offensive-force-on-russian-borders-with-eu-support#161620

BTW there's a long standing historical precedent in war, if a bordering nation is hostile and attacks you, the defending nation has the right to seize and carve out as much of the attacking foreign enemies territory as they can hold! This is in fact a scenario where basically Finland, Baltics, Poland, Ukraine end up being Russian subjects again based on their foolish Pro-NATO self-fulfilling prophecies.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed May 11, 2016 11:40 am

You don't have to go as far as using cruise and ballistic missiles, MLRS such as Smerch/Tornado-S were likely designed to carry tactical thermonuclear warheads. Smerch/Tornado-S are already monstrosities on the battlefield with conventional munitions, but fit them with tactical thermonuclear warheads and you have Emperors of the Underworld.

Not underestimating new Russian tactical artillery, they do need cruise missiles and ballistic missiles... because the places they need to hit are deep in EU territory... most european capitals would not give a shit if the capitals of the baltic countries were attacked, but they would listen/ie shit bricks, if their own capitals were directly at threat.

Just look at the EU amusement to the pain and suffering in Libya and Syria... it was almost entertainment... we are bringing them democracy... so what if tens of millions are displaced from their home and hundreds of thousands are killed... I am safe... but then of course people fleeing the terror in those countries started arriving in Europe and all of a sudden there was a huge problem... not that these people had lost family or homes and jobs... that they were here trying to find a better place to live now that the EU screwed up their countries... and Libya and Syria were a lot better places to live than Saudi arabia or Pakistan... education and healthcare and relatively liberal views of women compared with other countries in the region.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:47 pm

Putin: Russia to respond if Finland joins NATO

More:
    http://tass.ru/en/politics/886065
    sweartome123

Post  sweartome123 Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:20 pm

deleted

Last edited by sweartome123 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:30 pm

The rising tide of war paranoia and anti-Russian sentiment which has swept across Scandinavia seems to have reached Finland. Taking its cues from Sweden, Helsinki is considering re-arming the Åland Islands, which have been demilitarized for 160 years.
    Read more: https://sputniknews.com/military/201610171046409731-finland-sweden-gotland-aland/
    Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Sweden and Finland accession to NATO - Page 4 Empty Sweden is Preparing its Population for a Major War

Post  Odin of Ossetia Wed May 23, 2018 2:58 am

Sweden is Preparing its Population for a Major War

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/sweden-puts-out-emergency-war-pamphlet-amid-russia-fears/ar-AAxANUy?li=AAggFp5&ocid=SKY2DHP

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed May 23, 2018 9:12 am

No.

Swedish government is preparing Swedish people into joining NATO...

Good for them... it wont make them any safer... will cost them money to buy things they don't need but will be told by their new allies that they have to buy... I am sure some will sleep better.

Wont actually change anything anyway... they are already part of Europe and see the Crimea voting to become part of the Russian Federation as being Russian aggression... of course what if Russian troops already in Sweden enforced peace while the Swedish people voted to become part of the Russian federation... it could happen... the obvious next step for Putin... he has been wanting to occupy Sweden for ages now... Rolling Eyes

Do it Sweden... I double dare you...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:05 pm