Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+94
miketheterrible
0nillie0
Cyrus the great
sheytanelkebir
Interlinked
BM-21
Tingsay
T-47
Big_Gazza
JohninMK
PapaDragon
SeigSoloyvov
Cheetah
A1RMAN
x_54_u43
Isos
KoTeMoRe
franco
KiloGolf
Benya
VladimirSahin
TheArmenian
kvs
ult
galicije83
Bankoletti
AK-Rex
Pinto
Project Canada
zepia
chicken
Acheron
Morpheus Eberhardt
Akula971
Shadåw
GunshipDemocracy
OminousSpudd
Walther von Oldenburg
Arctic_Fox
max steel
Glyph
volna
Godric
k@llashniKoff
xeno
AttilaA
Book.
putinboss
cracker
AlfaT8
flamming_python
mack8
victor1985
Vympel
Mike E
higurashihougi
Asf
magnumcromagnon
Werewolf
Vann7
George1
indochina
sepheronx
Regular
nemrod
a89
dino00
collegeboy16
ricky123
KomissarBojanchev
Stealthflanker
Zivo
Dima
Bthebrave
ali.a.r
Pugnax
Russian Patriot
TR1
Acrab
Admin
coolieno99
KRATOS1133
Cyberspec
Mindstorm
ahmedfire
medo
Austin
GarryB
Andy_Wiz
runaway
nightcrawler
IronsightSniper
Hoof
Viktor
98 posters

T-90 Main Battle Tank

Mike E
    Mike E

T-90 Main Battle Tank - Page 29 Empty Re: T-90 Main Battle Tank

Post  Mike E Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:21 pm

George1 wrote:do we know any upgrade package for T-90?
    It would be the 'break-3' variant we saw a model of at Army-2015. Basically it is a T-90AM with what appears to be the reactive armor from Armata.
    volna

Post  volna Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:16 am

Are Russian going to put the new 2A82 gun on T-90 tank?
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:20 am

volna wrote:Are Russian going to put the new 2A82 gun on T-90 tank?
    Theoretically they could, but it would be unlikely in all honesty. It needs a larger supply of better APFSDS than it does a new gun.
    Book.
    Book.

Post  Book. Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:08 am

M5 gun still good!
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:28 pm

Mike E wrote:Eh, I was right all along. 

Thanks Book! Very Happy

I was hoping to see all 90's and 90A's upgraded... alas not to be.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:52 pm

franco wrote:
    Mike E wrote:Eh, I was right all along. 

Thanks Book! Very Happy

I was hoping to see all 90's and 90A's upgraded... alas not to be.
    No point in upgrading the older T-90, it would require the new turret to begin with.

~400 is all T-90A's.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:28 pm

New Russian Tanks to Be Able to Fire in ‘Silent Monitoring’ Mode

Oleg Kulikov, a software engineer of the developer company Signal, said that earlier versions of the stabilizer consumed too much energy and led to the tank battery dying if used with the engine turned off

NIZHNY TAGIL (Sputnik) – A Russia-made new generation electromechanical arms stabilizer will allow new Russian tanks to fire from the turret in the "silent monitoring" mode, Oleg Kulikov, a software engineer of the developer company Signal, told RIA Novosti Saturday.

In the new stabilization system, a hydraulic actuator is replaced by an electrical one, according to Kulikov.

“This allows to radically — by 10-15 times — reduce the energy consumption and implement stabilizer in the so-called silent monitoring mode, when the gunner and the tank commander can rotate the turret to raise or to lower the gun and to fire without the engine working, solely on the tank battery’s energy,” the engineer stated.

According to Kulikov, earlier versions of the stabilizer consumed too much energy and led to the tank battery dying if used with the engine turned off.

The engineer said that the arms stabilizer will be used in the T-90MS tank, which is the latest export version of the T-90 tank, the main battle tank currently in service with the Russian Army.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20150912/1026921681.html#ixzz3lco1SGOX
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:51 am

N(ational)I(nterest):

Tanks T-90 Abrams will win in Syria in the event of a collision

The American "Abrams", captured by is militants, has little chance to resist the Russian T-90. Cars from the USA are inferior to Russian, and they need the constant logistical support, writes The National Interest.

http://ria.ru/world/20150916/1254738690.html

Don´t tell it to Damian lads to avoid cardiac arrest lol! lol! lol!

and US version, so the whole myth about Russian cr@p is busted :

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/russias-lethal-t-90-tank-vs-isis-captured-m1-abrams-who-wins-13849

So how would ISIS’ Abrams fare versus the best Russian-owned and operated tanks? Probably not very well—the Russian crews are professional soldiers, with proper training, tactics and a functional logistical train. ISIS, meanwhile, might have some veterans of Saddam Hussein’s army, but they aren’t exactly experts at employing an Abrams or even mechanized warfare in general given their past performance.

Unlike in previous encounters between Russian-built hardware and U.S.-built machines, the Soviet-built machines were generally export models that didn’t feature the most advanced equipment. Moreover, crew training, tactics, maintenance, spare parts availability and logistical support may have been subpar—like Saddam Hussein’s army when it faced off against the U.S. Army in the first Gulf War.
    Arctic_Fox
    Arctic_Fox

Post  Arctic_Fox Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:39 am

Book.
    Book.

Post  Book. Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:26 pm

Crewless T-90 tanks to hunt in packs
    Tatyana Rusakova, RBTH
    October 19, 2015

Russia’s T-90 combat tank is to be fully automated, removing the need for it to be manned by a human crew and enabling it to be operated remotely.

Vyacheslav Khalitov, deputy general director of Uralvagonzavod, who earlier announced the automation of the new Russian Armata tank, believes robotizing the tank, which is already in service, should not pose a problem.                                      

"The best defense for the crew of a combat machine is its absence on board. And this is not science fiction but the next stage of modernization, which will be possible in the near future," said Khalitov.

Khalitov also remarked that the driverless tanks will be united into one network and a serviceman will operate the robot vehicles at a safe distance of 3-5 kilometers.

"The battlefield will have many machines and if they are to be operated, they should be operated in a certain quantity. One serviceman for one tank is not really effective," said a top manager.

"Now what we need are not tank drivers but rather players from worldoftanks.ru," joked Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, who heads the military-industrial complex, commenting on the news in his Twitter feed.

The automation of Russian armored vehicles is already in full swing. At the Innovation Days exhibition, which is taking place in the Moscow suburb of Alabino, the military demonstrated the automated BMP-3 tank using the Udar unpiloted system.

The system includes a transportable robot supported by artillery, a reconnaissance unpiloted attack helicopter and a control center installed in the Ural-4320 truck.

http://m.rbth.com/defence/2015/10/19/crewless_t-90_tanks_to_hunt_in_packs_50187.html

Kind like wild wolf
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:22 pm

Can cage armor be added to T-90MS?
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:38 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Can cage armor be added to T-90MS?

Cage armor can be added to anything, but would purpose would that have and where you want cage armor on the tank?
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:47 pm

Turret and sides. Purpose? Stop the projectile even before it gets to Relikt ERA.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:15 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Turret and sides. Purpose? Stop the projectile even before it gets to Relikt ERA.

Cage armour is obscenely bulky, in urban environments at can become downright tragic in terms of limiting mobility.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:53 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Turret and sides. Purpose? Stop the projectile even before it gets to Relikt ERA.

No, what i meant with purpose why cage armor when there are better things like ERA that are stoping threats much more effecient and actually work without having such a high chance of failing its purpose. The other thing like mentioned by OminousSpudd, that is unnecessary and makes mobility and deployability, transport, narrow streets, passages and transport vehicles. But, yes it is possible.
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:14 pm

Finally (?), the earlier proposed/planned acquisition of about 1000 T-90s by Iran might be happening in the coming months. IMHO Russia should make use of this opportunity to pump out a higher output (1250shp) V-92xxx engine, extra horses for the T-90s wont do any harm.

Hasan Sari ‏@HasanSari7 3 hours ago

ALL Arming As If WWIII Tomorrow:
    Iran's army will send a team of experts to #Russia for purchasing T-90 tanks: Commander of Ground Force
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:37 am

TV Zvezda - testing f T-90MS in Nizhny Tagil

http://tvzvezda.ru/news/vstrane_i_mire/content/201512081006-d2cm.htm

Shadåw
    Shadåw

Post  Shadåw Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:39 pm

Guys I see no reason to insult and call for a ban on a person that mistook a T-72 for a T-90 possibly due to the low quality footage, seriously such is not required at all. He does not even have a history of what you call an (Supposed agenda(?) as his posting history clearly show that he has posted useful things and links before.

https://www.russiadefence.net/spa/chicken

In short uncalled and unessescary Ult and KoTeMoRe.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:04 pm

I agree with Shadaw.  Chicken isnt a troll. Simple mistake.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:34 pm

Shadåw wrote:Guys I see no reason to insult and call for a ban on a person that mistook a T-72 for a T-90 possibly due to the low quality footage, seriously such is not required at all. He does not even have a history of what you call an (Supposed agenda(?) as his posting history clearly show that he has posted useful things and links before.

1. I didn't called for him to be banned, but now I wish I had.
    2. That video has been dissected ad nauseam. It's not even close to being a T90.
    3. The fact people bring back the same dead beaten story about T-90 tank blowing up (while not posting also the OTHER video of the SAME tank), is two things:

a. Trolling
    b. Ignorance, in both cases the poster should have known better.

Now both of you take a step back, I'm not in the mood for schooling.
    Shadåw
    Shadåw

Post  Shadåw Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:04 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Shadåw wrote:Guys I see no reason to insult and call for a ban on a person that mistook a T-72 for a T-90 possibly due to the low quality footage, seriously such is not required at all. He does not even have a history of what you call an (Supposed agenda(?) as his posting history clearly show that he has posted useful things and links before.

2. That video has been dissected ad nauseam. It's not even close to being a T90.
    3. The fact people bring back the same dead beaten story about T-90 tank blowing up (while not posting also the OTHER video of the SAME tank), is two things:

a. Trolling

Calm down cowboy no need to be passive agressive mistakes happen all the time. It is part of being human I should also note some people havn't looked into things as much as others, such as Chicken hence why he asked a genuine question (Yes he did indeed likely belive that was a T-90 and thusly asked a question. As known the 'Rebels' must video the tanks they take out).  I also belive you'd require schooling in terms of courtesy and I'd hate to see this forum turn into the youtube comment section (On certain videos) .

You could have replied to in a much better tone same with Ult, now let's continue with the topic at hand now shall we?

Last edited by Shadåw on Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:22 pm

Shadåw wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

a. Trolling

Calm down cowboy no need to be passive agressive mistakes happen all the time it is part of being human I should also note some people havn't looked into things as much as others such as Chicken hence why he asked a genuine question (Yes he did indeed likely belive that was a T-90 and thusly asked a question. As known the 'Rebels' much video the tanks they take out).  I also belive you'd require schooling in terms of courtesy and I'd hate to see this forum turn into the youtube comment section (On certain videos) .

You could have replied to in a much better tone same with Ult, now let's continue with the topic at hand now shall we?

You see Chicken had AN AMPLE INVENTORY of T-90A images from twitter to pick from, (hell the Syrian thread has at least 6/7) and pictures that shot wear from operational use.

NOPE, he HAD to pick a dead end video, with ZERO clues about what was going on, a video Siempre LEAL posted like a week ago, underlining his absolute ignorance and or malevolence.

Also if you see what chicken posts, usually he's well aware of his points (including crypto bashing by beating around the bush). So why "out of the blue", something both controversial and untrue, which only undermines his point?
    Courtesy? I did one to chicken by only naming him a retard. I'm willing to do it again. Unless he proves me he's an intelligent man, by doing the "White House".
    Who, Why, Where, How?

I didn't have to reply to something that is readily available and thoroughly checked out for him. Unless he lacks basic analysis skills. Ult got irked, and that's normal, because it is how this shit will end up as T-90 blowing up proof for retards and trolls. The idea when something is fake is to not SPRREAD IT.
    Now, please get over yourself Mother Teresa.
    Akula971
    Akula971

Post  Akula971 Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:30 am

I was looking at the turret of the T90 MS and there seem to be a ton of sensors there .

Can someone tell me what these sensors are ???

There is no information about them on the internet -

T-90 Main Battle Tank - Page 29 T-90ms_keyshot.6
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:51 am

Akula971 wrote:I was looking at the turret of the T90 MS and there seem to be a ton of sensors there .

T-90 Main Battle Tank - Page 29 OmSeTz2

Among the sensors not mentioned above are the laser warning receivers shown (in export-legal models).
    Akula971
    Akula971

Post  Akula971 Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:41 pm

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    Akula971 wrote:I was looking at the turret of the T90 MS and there seem to be a ton of sensors there .

T-90 Main Battle Tank - Page 29 OmSeTz2

Among the sensors not mentioned above are the laser warning receivers shown (in export-legal models).

Thank you, I was also interested in those pipes sticking out - they dont look like antennas to me. Are they anemometers ?? If yes, then why 2 of them ??

Really nice picture.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 pm