Laid third patrol vessel project 22160
Some points on these ships from the article:
1. Firstly, in the Russian Navy still had no specialized patrol boats.
2. Secondly, the project is 22160 - the first Russian ship created a modular design: it will be possible to change the equipment and weapons, depending on the task ahead. The ship is designed to protect territorial waters, economic zone, patrol in open and closed seas, combat smuggling and piracy, search and assistance to victims of maritime accidents, for environmental monitoring, protection of ships and vessels, naval bases and water areas.
3. 22160 Expected characteristics are:
Displacement - 1300 t,
Autonomy - 60 days,
Speed - up to 30 knots,
Crew - 80 people.
Base for helicopter.
Basic armament artillery, anti-aircraft and anti-missile weapons.
Main dimensions: 94 × 14 × 3,4 meters.
4. It is believed that the project 22160 ships will be able to perform tasks at any point in the world's oceans. However, experts say they kind of representative status: to deliver a powerful blow or fend off a serious enemy they can not, but will show the flag and "replace" in peace-time operations (for example, anti-piracy), a powerful and well-armed ships, which will be followed by saving resource.
5. Navy Commander Viktor Chirkov said - "The ship is not very big, but in theory he has great endurance and good sea-keeping. This patrol vessel to indicate our presence in all parts of the world and to fight against piracy. That will result in the construction of the series, we have yet to see."
6. The Zelenodolsk planned to build 12 ships of Project 22160. The first six, most likely, will go to the Black Sea Fleet, but it will serve and in the Mediterranean Sea. First couple of 22160 will pass to the Navy in 2017, two more - in 2018, two - in 2019 and one - in 2020.
7, Speaking of export prospects, the ship is already strong advertised at all kinds of naval stores.