Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+56
calripson
Morpheus Eberhardt
magnumcromagnon
navyfield
collegeboy16
Hannibal Barca
Vann7
zg18
Dima
Arrow
Mindstorm
Notio
SU-41
AlfaT8
Flanky
NationalRus
Flyingdutchman
xeno
Hachimoto
eridan
dino00
KomissarBojanchev
Cyberspec
Mr.Kalishnikov47
psg
TheRealist
harsh
Shadåw
Sujoy
medo
coolieno99
gloriousfatherland
flamming_python
Firebird
TheArmenian
TR1
George1
GarryB
ahmedfire
runaway
Pervius
PAVN
nightcrawler
Serbia Forever 2
Russian Patriot
IronsightSniper
Austin
Farhad Gulemov
KRON1
sepheronx
Viktor
Jelena
Stealthflanker
RuStepan
Vladislav
Admin
60 posters

Russian Navy: Status & News #1

TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #1

Post  TheArmenian Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:06 pm

Yuri Dolgoruky's entry to service.
    Video:

http://www.vesti.ru/doc.html?id=1001776
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #1

Post  flamming_python Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:37 pm

TR1 wrote:http://www.avanturist.org/forum/topic/469/message/1621402#msg1621402

Work on modernization of powerful (2 Megawatt) radio communication equipment for use with submerged objects (submarines at long distance).

That's the base I served on (Зевс) mentioned right there in the article; there is only 1 of its specific kind in the world AFAIK. Communicates with nuclear ballistic missile subs, it's a direct link in Russia's strategic nuclear arsenal. It's incredibly powerful; I won't quote the power consumption of the transmission sites because I reckon the figures I heard were wrong. There were some sort of analogous facilities in Kyrgyzstan & Belarus I believe, but not the same.

Modernization was scheduled exactly for this sort of time period, up to 2015 or perhaps starting from 2015.
    Austin

Post  Austin Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:13 pm

4 trillion rubles to be assigned for Russian Navy modernization - Putin
    http://english.ruvr.ru/2013_01_10/4-trillion-rubles-to-be-assigned-for-Russian-Navy-modernization-Putin/

Some 4 trillion rubles will be assigned for acquiring ships for the Russian Navy before 2020, President Vladimir Putin said in a video conference with Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu in Severomorsk.

"Modernization of the Navy is a major priority of our strengthening of the Armed Forces. The state armament program for the period until 2020 assigns more than 4 trillion rubles for the formation of balanced groups of warships and submarines," the president said.

In addition to eight "Borei" strategic submarines, the Russian Navy will receive eight "Yasen" multirole nuclear submarines before 2020, he said.

"We will also build multirole diesel submarines," the president said.

Sevmash will be the main builder, he noted.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:23 pm

flamming_python wrote:

Work on modernization of powerful (2 Megawatt) radio communication equipment for use with submerged objects (submarines at long distance).

That's the base I served on (Зевс) mentioned right there in the article; there is only 1 of its specific kind in the world AFAIK. Communicates with nuclear ballistic missile subs, it's a direct link in Russia's strategic nuclear arsenal. It's incredibly powerful; I won't quote the power consumption of the transmission sites because I reckon the figures I heard were wrong. There were some sort of analogous facilities in Kyrgyzstan & Belarus I believe, but not the same.

Modernization was scheduled exactly for this sort of time period, up to 2015 or perhaps starting from 2015.

Wow, impressive!
    Did you get to see the radio antennas up close?

Zeus is really classified stuff.
    US had a (very vaguely, since specifics are impossible to come by) comples for submarine communication, but I am not sue if it still operates
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:25 pm

TR1 wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

Wow, impressive!
    Did you get to see the radio antennas up close?

Zeus is really classified stuff.
    US had a (very vaguely, since specifics are impossible to come by) comples for submarine communication, but I am not sue if it still operates

Wanting to know more, eh?
    Not so fast, "comrade" Suspect
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:29 pm

Yeah if you could have the details and photos on my desk tommorow morning, that be great.

The truth comes out, Python was not stationed in buttfuck nowhere, but communicated with all the Russian subs prowling American waters Very Happy
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:46 pm

TR1 wrote:Yeah if you could have the details and photos on my desk tommorow morning, that be great.

The truth comes out, Python was not stationed in buttfuck nowhere, but communicated with all the Russian subs prowling American waters Very Happy

Heh, I didn't operate any comms equipment directly but I had an interesting link in the chain too.

In all seriousness though TR1, I don't really want to disclose any details - on anything. I doubt I know of anything too sensitive, but one can never be too careful. Suffice to say; there really is nothing all that interesting about the radio transmissions sites, or anything else Cool

Well, maybe a couple interesting things.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:50 pm

And yes, I remember hearing about the US having a similar site.
    And no, it no longer operates I don't think.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:01 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    TR1 wrote:Yeah if you could have the details and photos on my desk tommorow morning, that be great.

Heh, I didn't operate any comms equipment directly but I had an interesting link in the chain too.

In all seriousness though TR1, I don't really want to disclose any details - on anything. I doubt I know of anything too sensitive, but one can never be too careful. Suffice to say; there really is nothing all that interesting about the radio transmissions sites, or anything else Cool

Well, maybe a couple interesting things.

I understand, and it is the right position, as far as avoiding visits from FSB is concerned Very Happy .

That being said if you are ever drunk and feel like spilling the sweet sweet details, you know who to send a message to.

Good to hear the system is operational period though. I imagine upgrades are logical given the new generation subs entering service this decade.
    Russian Patriot
    Russian Patriot

Post  Russian Patriot Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:45 pm

MOSCOW, January 5 (RIA Novosti) – The Russian Caspian Flotilla will get two newest small-size missile ships and three Serna amphibious assault ships, a spokesman for the South military district said.

The flotilla will get small-size missile ships Grad Sviyazhsk and Uglich by summer and three Serna amphibious assault ships by spring, the spokesman said in a statement on Saturday.

Earlier reports said three modern Project 11770 Serna amphibious assault ships were to be delivered in the first half of the year.

The Caspian flotilla is also expected to get two supply ships this year, the spokesman said.

http://en.rian.ru/military_news/20130105/178595643/Russias_Caspian_Flotilla_to_Get_5.html
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:24 am

Peter the Great, September 2012.

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 19 Attachment

Gepard:

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 19 0_85804_6e985fc2_orig
    dino00
    dino00

Post  dino00 Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:54 pm

Russia plans to revive shipbuilding on Black Sea Cost

MOSCOW, January 18 (RIA Novosti) – Russia is planning to construct shipbuilding and ship-repair facilities on the Black Sea coast to ensure proper maintenance of its civilian and military fleets in the region, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said on Friday.
    Addressing a conference on the development of Russia’s shipbuilding capability in the Black Sea region, Rogozin said that following the collapse of the Soviet Union in the 1990s Russia has lost the bulk of its shipbuilding assets that were primarily located in Ukraine.
    Most of the shipbuilding industry is currently concentrated in northern Russia and in Russia’s Far East, which makes the maintenance of the ships based on the Black Sea, especially the warships of the Black Sea Fleet, a difficult task.
    “The situation is unbearable,” Rogozin, who oversees the Russian defense industry, said.
    “We must determine our priorities in this [Black Sea] region as soon as possible,” Rogozin said, adding that the efforts should be focused on facilities in Novorossiisk, Sochi and other ports along the Russian Black Sea coast.
    “It's important to immediately start the construction of facilities that would ensure proper maintenance of the Black Sea Fleet and the defense of our southern borders,” the deputy prime minister said.
    The bulk of the Russian Black Sea Fleet is stationed at the port of Sevastopol in Crimea under a lease agreement with Ukraine. Moscow and Kiev signed the so-called Kharkiv Agreements on April 21, 2010, extending the fleet's lease on the base for another 25 years after the current lease expires in 2017.
    However, Russia desperately needs a reliable network of shipbuilding and ship-repair facilities in the region, as the Black Sea Fleet is expected to receive a total of 15 new frigates and diesel-electric submarines by 2020.

Ria Novosti
    runaway
    runaway

Post  runaway Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:00 pm

This is very good news, and an important move. Forget the Nikolajev in Ukraine(russia) and bulgaria.
    First, maintainence is probabably being built already in Novorossiysk, but a naval yard with heavy duty repair and new construction is really needed. Time frame isnt told, but a guess would be it can be operational by 2020 perhaps?
    Also Sochi will probably have repair facilities.
    Question is what will happen to Sevastopol? Abandon as a junkyard? Probably, without russia the place will never thrive.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:23 pm

runaway wrote:Question is what will happen to Sevastopol? Abandon as a junkyard? Probably, without russia the place will never thrive.

I think Sevastopol because of it's location is irreplaceable. Personally, I think the Crimea will become part of Russia once again in the longer term.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:24 pm

Sevastopol really is critical to BSF.

Sadly, I don't see how exactly it will be part of Russia again.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:41 pm

TR1 wrote:Sadly, I don't see how exactly it will be part of Russia again.

Peacefully by agreement. I think eventually, Ukraine (perhaps with the exception of the Lvov region) and Belorussia will be part of a confederation with Russia. The talked about Eurasian union is just a start of a longer term process
    dino00
    dino00

Post  dino00 Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:44 pm

Russia starts biggest naval games in decades

Russian warships from the Black Sea, the Baltic and the Arctic Naval Fleets have started ten days of wargames in the Black and the Mediterranean Seas.
    Russian strategic bombers are also taking part.

The games will include exercises to practice artillery and rocket barrages.

The drill is Russia’s biggest of its kind in more than two decades.

Voice of Russia
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:45 pm

5th Dugyne laid down:

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/440644.html
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:31 pm

So then it's settled.
    If we want the Black Sea fleet to stay in Sevastopol, we have to get rid of Luka first Cool
    runaway
    runaway

Post  runaway Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:17 am

MOSCOW, December 26 (RIA Novosti) – India has asked Russia to replace the faulty parts on the leased Nerpa nuclear-powered submarine as they affect its operational readiness, the Times of India reported.
    The Navy sources cited by the newspaper on Tuesday did not specify the components that needed the replacement but said they “were critical for the operations of the submarine.”

Whats wrong with SSN Nerpa? Machinery, propulsion? Cant they fix it themselves and why does it leak to media!?
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:41 pm

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 19 X_48f1c02b

Join the navy, eat fresh crab!
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:43 am

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 19 Projec10

Project 21630s propulsion system.

Water jet propulsion was invented in NZ BTW. Cool
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 pm

GarryB wrote:Water jet propulsion was invented in NZ BTW. Cool

I hope you didn't pass on the patent to the KGB Very Happy
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:05 pm

Nice to see things moving.

Will be interesting to see how many new surface ships will enter navy this year. I hope to see 22350 at least. Very Happy

2/11/13 CORVETTE "COURAGEOUS" WENT TO SEA TO CONTINUE RUNNING TESTS

flotprom.ru. Crew newest corvette "Courageous" 20380 under Captain 2 rank Sergei Lipsky proceeded to continue running tests in the factory ranges of combat training in the area of responsibility of the Baltic naval base of the Baltic Fleet (BF).

Last weekend, the ship made out to sea. At the time of measurement was made of the magnetic fields of the ship and conducted magnetic deviation. During February, the ship's crew will align the detection surface, underwater and air targets, followed by the conclusion of readiness to implement the factory Corvette running tests using all kinds of weapons mounted on the ship.

State test corvette "Courageous" to be completed in the spring, after which it will be raised naval flag and the ship will join the BF.

Launching of the second serial corvette "Courageous" 20380, built for the Baltic Fleet, was held at the "Northern Shipyard" April 15 2011,. Laid patrol ship "Courageous" was in the boathouse of "Northern shipyard" in July 2005. The lead ship of the series is the corvette "Guarding", provided by the Baltic Fleet2007. Second corvette this project - "Savvy" - was passed on October 14 BF2011,.

Corvette project developed by JSC "Central Marine Design Bureau" Almaz ". Ship 20380 is intended for use in the nearest sea area and the fight against surface ships and submarines, as well as artillery support marines in amphibious operations. During construction ships using "stealth" technology. The project introduced 21 patents issued and 14 certificates of registration of computer programs. innovative solutions have been used to reduce the physical fields of the ship. in particular, was able to significantly reduce the radar signature of the vessel by the use of a material slow-GRP superstructure radiopogloscheniya with properties, as well as from the architectural layout of the hull and superstructure.

Text: Press Service of the Western Military Region
    http://flotprom.ru

11.02.13 CASPIAN FLOTILLA LATE RECEIVED A NEW SHIP "INVISIBLE"

RIA Novosti . New small artillery ship (IAC) Project 21630 "Buyan" - "Makhachkala" included in the state of the Caspian Fleet, told a representative of the Southern Military District (SOUTH).

Earlier, spokesman Col. Igor SOUTH Gorbulya said that taking the IAC "Makhachkala" which media called the ship-"invisible" because of his appearance in "stealth" technology, planned for November 2012.

"IAC" Makhachkala "is included in the Caspian Flotilla," - said the representative of SOUTH Monday. The reason for the delay was not specified.

According to a district before they arrive at the permanent base on the Caspian Sea from the Baltic Sea, the crew under the command of the ship fulfills the special task of organizing the daily life on the ship, the ship's holds exercises on preparing the ship for battle and campaign.

"After their completion will be followed by a second phase of training, the sail with the teachings of the air defense ship, the implementation of artillery and rocket fire at air, sea and coastal targets. Crew also enhance management skills in the mining ship marine elements in single and joint maneuvering in a group of ships ", - said the officer.

He recalled that the IAC "Makhachkala" is the third ship of the "Desperado" and performance characteristics, specifically designed for the Caspian sea basin.

The main armament of a powerful artillery bow 100mm installation A-190, the two six-barreled 30 mm AK-306 and aft 40-barrel 122 - millimeter multiple rocket launcher "Grad-M".

The ship is able to deliver powerful fire strikes on enemy ships and shore fortifications to clear the springboard for amphibious landings. The architectural appearance of the vessel meets the requirements to reduce the radar cross section, the so-called "stealth technology" (inclined flat surface superstructure, bulwarks presence, hidden in the plane of the superstructure and deck, doors and hatches, no windows). http://ria.ru/
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:26 pm

TR1 wrote:This is turning out to be a huge year for the RuNavy,

If I am not mixing anything up (been a busy day), in 2012 we have seen/expect to see:
    Several new nuclear subs commissioned into the fleet;
    2 11356 frigates laid down;
    2 22350 frigates laid down;
    2 20380/20385 corvettes laid down;
    Mistral laid down....

I'm sure I am forgetting something

So 2012 passed, let's reflect on how much was pushed back by at least a year.
    Only 1 11356 was laid down
    Only 1 22350 was laid down
    No 885 subs
    1 955 sub, but work practically started many months before that.

So, not so much of a huge year Smile
    Hoping 2013 delivers.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:51 am