Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+53
Benya
Gunfighter-AK
franco
wilhelm
Elbows
JohninMK
x_54_u43
Korbin Dallas
PapaDragon
Neutrality
cracker
etaepsilonk
Kyo
par far
GarryB
higurashihougi
sepheronx
im42
Vann7
George1
Mike E
magnumcromagnon
Asf
Cpt Caz
KRATOS1133
Sujoy
KomissarBojanchev
Regular
nemrod
Werewolf
collegeboy16
medo
SWAT Pointman
TR1
Pugnax
Zivo
gloriousfatherland
flamming_python
Mr.Kalishnikov47
Admin
milky_candy_sugar
runaway
TheArmenian
Cyberspec
njb1
Russian Spetsnaz
Ogannisyan8887
Hoof
IronsightSniper
Kysusha
NationalRus
Austin
Russian Patriot
57 posters

Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #1

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 35 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #1

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:58 am

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2016/01/19/ak-alpha-rifle-from-kalashnikov-usa/

Damn Foxy you were quickie.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 35 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #1

Post  Zivo Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:16 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2016/01/19/ak-alpha-rifle-from-kalashnikov-usa/

I'd rather have an Ak-12. I don't really like CAA's style.

That said, I think if the price is right, I know a few people who would be interested in that rifle. It has a lot of features you have to pay a lot of money to get on other rifles.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:31 am

Zivo wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2016/01/19/ak-alpha-rifle-from-kalashnikov-usa/

I'd rather have an Ak-12. I don't really like CAA's style.

That said, I think if the price is right, I know a few people who would be interested in that rifle.

Well AK USA is CAA more or less.

CAA for the rest of you heathens clown is Combat Arms USA a US company that started mainly as a Israeli gear importer from Combat Arms Tactical the mother company.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:25 am

Going back in time, an interesting general read on the DP, for those like me who know little of Russia's past weapons.

http://warisboring.com/articles/the-dp-machine-gun-looks-funny-but-spilled-a-lot-of-blood/
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:24 am

JohninMK wrote:Going back in time, an interesting general read on the DP, for those like me who know little of Russia's past weapons.

http://warisboring.com/articles/the-dp-machine-gun-looks-funny-but-spilled-a-lot-of-blood/

That article is so characteristically shitty, I don't know what to think about it.

The DP (which actually went from Fedorov-Degytaryov 20/23 to Degytaryov 26/27/28) was as interesting as it was universally weird. The Lewis gun is nowhere to be seen in the action of the DP.

Max Popenker just did a piece about the Fedorov, personally I knew much of the details about the Rifle and its "MG offspring", but Max went a bit further.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/02/22/brief-history-russian-fedorov-avtomat-rifle/

Basically, If you want to know about military things, just don't go at warisboring. They're scrubs.

Arctic_Fox
    Arctic_Fox

Post  Arctic_Fox Tue May 03, 2016 4:31 am

AK 400 Series:

Elbows

Post  Elbows Wed May 04, 2016 4:24 pm

Looks functional, even if it isn't pretty. A budget solution to modernizing the service rifle idea.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed May 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Elbows wrote:Looks functional, even if it isn't pretty.  A budget solution to modernizing the service rifle idea.

It actually doubles the price of the 103...but the 103 was already cheaper than dirt so no sweat.
    Elbows

Post  Elbows Fri May 06, 2016 12:00 am

Ouch. What niche does this fill? Aimed at military adoption or export/civilian sales?
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri May 06, 2016 12:19 am

Elbows wrote:Ouch.  What niche does this fill?  Aimed at military adoption or export/civilian sales?  
    Kalashnikov lads targeted Trump supporters niche as he would be the one recalling #lolsanctions. AK-400 series would be sold in US like hotcakes. Kalashnikov can cook their stuff for civilians tho Europussian and Russian markets are just a fraction compared to Untitled States gun nuts. Amerikanskies love 7,62x39. They love tacticool shit too, so they can hang it like it's a Xmas tree. Looks like best rail mount for AK systems. Not sure why it still have selector that predates Christ, but whatever. Recoil, stability, ergonomics puts it on top of it's game. I trust Vickers here. It's pre production model so it can change, but overall I have no doubt Kalashnikov will dominate and they are going luxury.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri May 06, 2016 12:27 pm

Elbows wrote:Ouch.  What niche does this fill?  Aimed at military adoption or export/civilian sales?  

No this is a vengeance project from Dragunov against the Kalashnikov guys. The AK400 is a shrunk Dragunov action, short stroke gas piston, that seems to have retained MOST of the innards of the Dragunov system for half the rifle. This means that the rifle we saw back that had short receiver like an AK, might be the "DMR" variant of this thing.

My apologies to The Armenian, sometimes there's more that meets the eye.

Basically the AK group has found a quick doobie with this. It's effective, accurate and they had the dibs to make it. For almost NO major redesign (they build the SVD systems), so they only chopped and smoothed the SVD bolt and carrier, and pushed it down and AK receiver.
    Elbows

Post  Elbows Fri May 06, 2016 5:02 pm

Regular wrote:
    Kalashnikov lads targeted Trump supporters niche as he would be the one recalling #lolsanctions. AK-400 series would be sold in US like hotcakes. Kalashnikov can cook their stuff for civilians tho Europussian and Russian markets are just a fraction compared to Untitled States gun nuts.  Amerikanskies love 7,62x39. They love tacticool shit too, so they can hang it like it's a Xmas tree. Looks like best rail mount for AK systems. Not sure why it still have selector that predates Christ, but whatever. Recoil, stability, ergonomics puts it on top of it's game. I trust Vickers here. It's pre production model so it can change, but overall I have no doubt Kalashnikov will dominate and they are going luxury.

Hey, as an American AK user, we're not all like that. Cool I'm sure you guys would be fine running my "go to" rig.

Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 35 2016AK%201_zpszorft1kf
    Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 35 2016AK%203_zpssx0m3usu

14,000 rounds and running strong. Accurate, light-weight, robust.
    wilhelm

Post  wilhelm Fri May 06, 2016 11:06 pm

Elbows, that is a very fine looking AK. thumbsup
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri May 06, 2016 11:57 pm

Elbows wrote:
    Regular wrote:
    Kalashnikov lads targeted Trump supporters niche as he would be the one recalling #lolsanctions. AK-400 series would be sold in US like hotcakes. Kalashnikov can cook their stuff for civilians tho Europussian and Russian markets are just a fraction compared to Untitled States gun nuts.  Amerikanskies love 7,62x39. They love tacticool shit too, so they can hang it like it's a Xmas tree. Looks like best rail mount for AK systems. Not sure why it still have selector that predates Christ, but whatever. Recoil, stability, ergonomics puts it on top of it's game. I trust Vickers here. It's pre production model so it can change, but overall I have no doubt Kalashnikov will dominate and they are going luxury.

Hey, as an American AK user, we're not all like that. Cool   I'm sure you guys would be fine running my "go to" rig.

Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 35 2016AK%201_zpszorft1kf
    Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 35 2016AK%203_zpssx0m3usu

14,000 rounds and running strong.  Accurate, light-weight, robust.  

I think that for all purposes that is sweet.

But really, I'm puzzled and pissed off about the 400. Because it should be called the AD 400.
    Elbows

Post  Elbows Sat May 07, 2016 3:30 am

wilhelm wrote:Elbows, that is a very fine looking AK. thumbsup

Thanks! I have two of them, been carrying/shooting them for about 10 years now.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat May 07, 2016 5:37 am

Hello from the other side.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat May 07, 2016 11:00 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:

Hello from the other side.
    Kicks like a mule. Must be 7,62x39. So Russian army will finally get squad automatic weapon as RPK is not being issued no more (according to some members here)
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat May 07, 2016 11:17 am

Well, again de should call this the RPD.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat May 07, 2016 5:09 pm

... Aaaaand longer video with description.

Rifle is available in both calibres. Also NOT an RPK, ths is clearly a Dragunov design. So Ima call this RPD-400.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun May 08, 2016 1:10 pm

Rifle is available in both calibres. Also NOT an RPK, ths is clearly a Dragunov design. So Ima call this RPD-400.

Errr... if it is not a light machine gun (ie RPD-400) then it should be an AD-400 by your own logic... Laughing
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun May 08, 2016 2:51 pm

Elbows wrote:
    wilhelm wrote:Elbows, that is a very fine looking AK. thumbsup

Thanks!  I have two of them, been carrying/shooting them for about 10 years now.  

No household should be without one thumbsup
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun May 08, 2016 5:12 pm

GarryB wrote:

Errr... if it is not a light machine gun (ie RPD-400) then it should be an AD-400 by your own logic... Laughing

It's a light machine gun. Strengthened reciever, longer heavier barrel, RPD as in Ruchnoy Pulemet Dragunov, Not RPK (Ruchnoy Pulemet Kalashnikov)

I would like to come back to the info that was available then (end of 2015)

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Arctic_Fox wrote:

russia

Yeah, but did you see the AK12SN

Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 35 13138651

Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 35 13138650

BTW the new bolt on the AK12, it's rumoured to be almost 30% lighter from the previous 74M (which was already lighter than the AKM).

Still hate the damn rifle. Gib AN/AEK pls.

Oh and as I previously stated the NPZ PSU-1/4 (here in its Wolf Performance livery) is going to become the Russian Combat sight for Ratnik. Back in the race guys.

Wallahi Bilahi the Juice did this ;-) .

So basically we now know how the bolt and bolt carrier was a good chunk lighter than the AK. It wasn't an AK-style system It was a Dragunov...

The AK-12 retains the long stroke piston, for now.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun May 08, 2016 5:49 pm

How come Kalashnikov suddenly rediscovered Dragunov? SVU-A was pretty much fully automatic SVD.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun May 08, 2016 7:18 pm

Regular wrote:How come Kalashnikov suddenly rediscovered Dragunov? SVU-A was pretty much fully automatic SVD.

Because the other option was probably too complex and prone to issues. And also it can be exported without much of a problem. There will have to be a

This is the AK12 bolt carrier.

Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 35 CczX-otq_yY

As you can see they already made it lighter by gutting it in order to put the internal brush. But that possibly led to structural question marks about this rifle.

Dragunov has also make his own compact assault rifle (and a damn good one as well, "polymer" receiver when it wasn't cool).

They didn't rediscover it, they pulled another Izhmash (the AK 400 was tested as the Ak 103-4 during Ratnik proposals) by simply finding a middle ground. The Dragunov is a "more accurate" system, there's less impulse proportionally from the travelling bolt to the rear dust cover, the said dust cover CAN be railed, the AK sadly cannot without a contraption.

Also looks eerily like the Simonov prototypes, also property of Izhmash...I'd need a full strip to point out the innards, but clearly, it looks like Izhmash is going the Norinco route with a Kalashnistein of a rifle.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon May 09, 2016 6:09 am

https://southfront.org/russia-defense-report-ak-12-or-ak-74m3/

Kote,  This I think was a poorly done video by southfront and I want your opinion.  Here is what I stated:

Just to mention yet again, which I did prior on this site, Budget cuts has not hit SAP2020 program. All procurement fall under SAP2020 and Putin himself stated that there is no cuts in procurement but a 5% cut in various other areas in the defense spending:http://russia-insider.com/en/putin-vows-defense-cut-wont-affect-procurement/ri13332
    And those very knowledgeable in the Kalashnikov plant and its doings, state that there will be a release of very important info about new design or adjustments to show in the next coming months. ZID plant was recently modernized with newer equipment and other such stuff for production purposes and even at that, production capacity is currently full so unless they split the production with the KBP plant, there isn't any way they will make 50,000 a year.

I noticed I made a major error.  Ill fix it.

Edit:
    Edit: I made a major error. ZID plant is the one making the AEK-971. Regardless both designs were chosen technically. And there was a major modernization of the Kalashnikov plant.

Procurement is still 23T Rubles.

Last edited by sepheronx on Mon May 09, 2016 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:29 pm