Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+61
lancelot
Podlodka77
Krepost
ult
ALAMO
marcellogo
Broski
owais.usmani
The_Observer
calripson
Arrow
ATLASCUB
Admin
Gazputin
Rodion_Romanovic
Big_Gazza
SeigSoloyvov
Isos
d_taddei2
Gibraltar
Tingsay
dino00
kumbor
AMCXXL
marat
hoom
walle83
Singular_trafo
Singular_Transform
Hole
LMFS
Austin
verkhoturye51
JohninMK
The-thing-next-door
T-47
Nasr Hosein
GunshipDemocracy
miketheterrible
kvs
Tsavo Lion
Kimppis
Benya
eehnie
TheArmenian
Luq man
George1
GarryB
KiloGolf
sepheronx
AlfaT8
medo
Dima
zardof
PapaDragon
jhelb
franco
flamming_python
TR1
Vann7
Viktor
65 posters

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion


    Posts : 5732
    Points : 5720
    Join date : 2016-08-15
    Location : AZ, USA

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  Tsavo Lion Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:46 pm

    New Turkish-Built Dry Dock Will Not Solve Russia’s Deeper Shipbuilding Problems
    George1
    George1


    Posts : 17237
    Points : 17748
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  George1 Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:15 pm

    Tsavo Lion wrote:New Turkish-Built Dry Dock Will Not Solve Russia’s Deeper Shipbuilding Problems

    if you put the same link 2-3-4 times i will consider it a spam and you will be banned. Last warning

    PapaDragon and slasher like this post

    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion


    Posts : 5732
    Points : 5720
    Join date : 2016-08-15
    Location : AZ, USA

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  Tsavo Lion Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:42 pm

    what if those links r relevant on several treads? is it OK to post a tread link on a tread?
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 11873
    Points : 11939
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  PapaDragon Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:55 pm

    Tsavo Lion wrote:what if those links r relevant on several treads? is it OK to post a tread link on a tread?

    That bullshit you posted is only (tangentially) relevant for civilian shipbuilding tread

    Also it's from Jamestown Foundation (something you tried to hide behind hyperlink as usual) so it's worth abut as much as used toilet paper

    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion


    Posts : 5732
    Points : 5720
    Join date : 2016-08-15
    Location : AZ, USA

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  Tsavo Lion Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:03 pm

    Icebreakers r dual use & also "civilian"- w/o them being repaired & built, merchant traffic of civilian ships is impossible all year round on the NSR.
    By the same token, some1 from the Jamestown Foundation & elsewhere reading some posts here may regard them as not worthy their bandwidth.
    U r entitled to ur opinion & I'm entitled to mine- no need to repeat the same position ad nauseum.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 11873
    Points : 11939
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  PapaDragon Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:39 pm

    Tsavo Lion wrote:Icebreakers r dual use & also "civilian"- w/o them being repaired & built, merchant traffic of civilian ships is impossible all year round on the NSR.
    By the same token, some1 from the Jamestown Foundation & elsewhere reading some posts here may regard them as not worthy their bandwidth.
    U r entitled to ur opinion & I'm entitled to mine- no need to repeat the same position ad nauseum.

    I see that basic literacy still eludes you
    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 32179
    Points : 32707
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  GarryB Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:12 pm

    By the same token, some1 from the Jamestown Foundation & elsewhere reading some posts here may regard them as not worthy their bandwidth.

    And how many posts from this website does the Jamestown Foundation have to put up with per week?

    A mod has given you a warning and pretty clear instructions, if you would like to discuss it with George or myself feel free to do so, though in this case considering the instructions are coming from him then perhaps discussing it with him would be best, but I think it is pretty clear.

    At 30K ton capacity it is not a replacement for the dry dock that was lost... its capacity was 80K tons and could take several ships or subs at a time.
    George1
    George1


    Posts : 17237
    Points : 17748
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  George1 Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:18 am

    Russian shipbuilders to lay keel of six warships and submarines on August 9-10 — source

    The shipyards of Russia’s United Shipbuilding Corporation will lay down six warships and submarines on August 9-10, a source in the domestic shipbuilding industry told TASS on Friday.

    2x Project 955A Borei-A-class strategic missile subnarines, at the Sevmash Shipyard
    2x Project 20380 corvettes at the Amur Shipbuilding Plant in the Russian Far East
    2x Project 636.3 submarines at the Admiralty Shipyard in St. Petersburg

    The Sevmash Shipyard will lay the keel of the strategic nuclear-powered underwater cruisers Dmitry Donskoi and Knyaz Potyomkin, the Admiralty Shipyard will lay down the submarines Mozhaisk and Yakutsk (the fifth and sixth subs in a series of six Project 636.3 diesel-electric submarines for the Russian Pacific Fleet) while the corvettes that will be laid down at the Amur Shipbuilding Plant have been named the Grozny and Buiniy

    https://tass.com/defense/1321251

    GarryB, dino00, LMFS, Hole and Lennox like this post

    avatar
    owais.usmani


    Posts : 990
    Points : 988
    Join date : 2019-03-27
    Age : 35

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  owais.usmani Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:06 pm

    George1 wrote:Russian shipbuilders to lay keel of six warships and submarines on August 9-10 — source

    The shipyards of Russia’s United Shipbuilding Corporation will lay down six warships and submarines on August 9-10, a source in the domestic shipbuilding industry told TASS on Friday.

    2x Project 955A Borei-A-class strategic missile subnarines, at the Sevmash Shipyard
    2x Project 20380 corvettes at the Amur Shipbuilding Plant in the Russian Far East
    2x Project 636.3 submarines at the Admiralty Shipyard in St. Petersburg

    The Sevmash Shipyard will lay the keel of the strategic nuclear-powered underwater cruisers Dmitry Donskoi and Knyaz Potyomkin, the Admiralty Shipyard will lay down the submarines Mozhaisk and Yakutsk (the fifth and sixth subs in a series of six Project 636.3 diesel-electric submarines for the Russian Pacific Fleet) while the corvettes that will be laid down at the Amur Shipbuilding Plant have been named the Grozny and Buiniy

    https://tass.com/defense/1321251

    Was this delayed? Didn't hear any news about these ships.
    LMFS
    LMFS


    Posts : 4136
    Points : 4138
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  LMFS Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:51 pm

    Yes, they were delayed some days
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 11873
    Points : 11939
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  PapaDragon Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:29 pm

    LMFS wrote:Yes, they were delayed some days

    No news of any Gorshkovs this year?
    LMFS
    LMFS


    Posts : 4136
    Points : 4138
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  LMFS Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:34 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:No news of any Gorshkovs this year?

    I haven't read anything, they seem to be deciding what to do. They have the 22350M above and the improved 20380/20385 below. The logical thing would be to produce basically all of them (or maybe unify the 20380 and 20385), but I don't know if stopping the 22350 makes sense. Maybe they see the 20380/85 capable enough in the near sea zone and the 22350 too small to operate confidently at a global scale, who knows.
    Isos
    Isos


    Posts : 8456
    Points : 8440
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  Isos Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:52 pm

    LMFS wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:No news of any Gorshkovs this year?

    I haven't read anything, they seem to be deciding what to do. They have the 22350M above and the improved 20380/20385 below. The logical thing would be to produce basically all of them (or maybe unify the 20380 and 20385), but I don't know if stopping the 22350 makes sense. Maybe they see the 20380/85 capable enough in the near sea zone and the 22350 too small to operate confidently at a global scale, who knows.

    Aren't the shipyards full which is why no new order have been issued yet (and the fact that they may come with a new design by then) ?

    22350 can operate confidently far away but never alone. No frigate neither destroyer or cruiser actually can be safe alone far away from home waters. 22350 is meant to be build in big numbers contrary to potential cruisers.

    Not building frigates because you have good corvettes and some fanart design of mighty 300m cruisers is stupid.

    Broski likes this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 11873
    Points : 11939
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  PapaDragon Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:08 pm

    Isos wrote:...22350 can operate confidently far away but never alone. No frigate neither destroyer or cruiser actually can be safe alone far away from home waters. 22350 is meant to be build in big numbers contrary to potential cruisers.

    Not building frigates because you have good corvettes and some fanart design of mighty 300m cruisers is stupid.

    Precisely

    They finally cracked construction of large surface combatant and then they immediately went back to being retards

    franco
    franco


    Posts : 4724
    Points : 4756
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  franco Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:56 pm

    Isos wrote:
    LMFS wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:No news of any Gorshkovs this year?

    I haven't read anything, they seem to be deciding what to do. They have the 22350M above and the improved 20380/20385 below. The logical thing would be to produce basically all of them (or maybe unify the 20380 and 20385), but I don't know if stopping the 22350 makes sense. Maybe they see the 20380/85 capable enough in the near sea zone and the 22350 too small to operate confidently at a global scale, who knows.

    Aren't the shipyards full which is why no new order have been issued yet (and the fact that they may come with a new design by then) ?

    22350 can operate confidently far away but never alone. No frigate neither destroyer or cruiser actually can be safe alone far away from home waters. 22350 is meant to be build in big numbers contrary to potential cruisers.

    Not building frigates because you have good corvettes and some fanart design of mighty 300m cruisers is stupid.

    Six under construction (last 2 just started) with next scheduled completion for 2022.

    http://russianships.info/eng/warships/project_22350.htm
    Broski
    Broski


    Posts : 129
    Points : 131
    Join date : 2021-07-12

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  Broski Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:46 pm

    Russia will most likely sign more contracts for the 22350's, 8 frigates clearly won't be enough for the navy and most situations aren't going to require a Super Gorshkov with 64 Zircons.

    GarryB likes this post

    avatar
    owais.usmani


    Posts : 990
    Points : 988
    Join date : 2019-03-27
    Age : 35

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  owais.usmani Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:09 pm

    https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2021/08/russias-zaliv-shipyard-set-to-be-upgraded/

    The Kerch-based Zaliv Shipyard, which constructs the newest Project 23900 landing helicopter dock (LHD), will be upgraded, Ak Bars Shipbuilding Corporation Director General Renat Mistakhov told the TASS news agency.

    “[We have designed] a roadmap, which covers all aspects of the shipyard manufacturing facilities’ reparation for modernization. [We have drafted] a list of equipment required for the upgrade of the enterprise and its capacities to maintain timely implementation of orders.”

    Ak Bars Shipbuilding Corporation Director General Renat Mistakhov
    According to him, the steel-cutting capabilities of the shipyards will be dramatically reinforced, once the modernization processes are finished.

    “[The shipyard’s] plan for 2020-2027 with short-, medium-, and long-term works has been shaped.”

    Ak Bars Shipbuilding Corporation Director General Renat Mistakhov

    Production facilities of Shipyard «Zaliv» include:


    • a graving dock, providing for construction of vessels up to 340 m long, 54 m beam and launching weight up to 50000 t;
    • two horizontal building berths, 400 m long each, providing for construction of vessels up to 120 m long, 22 m
      beam and launching weight up to 2500 t for launching by a side launch;
    • two deep water outfitting quays, 278 m and 240 m long respectively with two cranes 32 t capacity and one crane 50 t capacity;
    • a quay, 186 m long for unloading of metal with a crane, 80 t capacity;
    • all facilities, necessary for ships construction and repair;
    • warehouses to store materials, equipment and fuels; a port, providing for handling of general cargoes and a customs entry point for ships;
      bonded warehouse and point of inspection for trucks transporting goods from abroad.

    Big_Gazza, AMCXXL, LMFS and Hole like this post

    avatar
    owais.usmani


    Posts : 990
    Points : 988
    Join date : 2019-03-27
    Age : 35

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  owais.usmani Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:55 pm

    https://en.topwar.ru/186631-rossijskoe-voennoe-sudostroenie-prevoshodit-vsju-evropu-francuzskaja-pressa-o-vozrozhdenii-vmf-rf.html

    Overtaking Europe

    The loading of Russian military shipbuilding has now reached a higher level than that of all European shipyards combined

    - says the publication.

    As explained, 5 nuclear submarines (1 Astute and 4 Suffren), 4 conventional submarines (A26 and S81), 1 helicopter carrier Trieste, 12 frigates (types T26, FREMM, PPA) and 5 corvettes are being built in Europe at the same time. In the meantime, Russia is creating 5 nuclear submarines "Borey-A" and "Yasen-M", 5 diesel-electric submarines 636.6, 2 BDK and UDC, 6 frigates "Admiral Gorshkov", 10 corvettes 20380/5/6, 3 light corvettes [MRK ] "Buyan-M", 8 light corvettes [MRK] "Karakurt" and 3 minesweepers "Alexandrite".

    In other words, for the first time in 30 years, Russian military shipbuilding surpasses all of Europe

    Arrow, dino00 and lyle6 like this post

    avatar
    Arrow


    Posts : 1198
    Points : 1196
    Join date : 2012-02-12

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  Arrow Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:23 pm

    And these are just military shipyards.  When the civilian production is compared, Europe will probably be even worse.  Considering orders from Zviezda shipyard etc?  It is particularly impressive that Russia is economically and demographically much smaller than the EU. Shocked
    This comparison still lacks the project 0985 nuclear submarine, two large patrol ships under construction project 23550, conventional class 677 submarine, project 22160.

    owais.usmani and Broski like this post

    marcellogo
    marcellogo


    Posts : 497
    Points : 505
    Join date : 2012-08-02
    Age : 53
    Location : Italy

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  marcellogo Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:38 am

    owais.usmani wrote:https://en.topwar.ru/186631-rossijskoe-voennoe-sudostroenie-prevoshodit-vsju-evropu-francuzskaja-pressa-o-vozrozhdenii-vmf-rf.html

    Overtaking Europe

    The loading of Russian military shipbuilding has now reached a higher level than that of all European shipyards combined

    - says the publication.

    As explained, 5 nuclear submarines (1 Astute and 4 Suffren), 4 conventional submarines (A26 and S81), 1 helicopter carrier Trieste, 12 frigates (types T26, FREMM, PPA) and 5 corvettes are being built in Europe at the same time. In the meantime, Russia is creating 5 nuclear submarines "Borey-A" and "Yasen-M", 5 diesel-electric submarines 636.6, 2 BDK and UDC, 6 frigates "Admiral Gorshkov", 10 corvettes 20380/5/6, 3 light corvettes [MRK ] "Buyan-M", 8 light corvettes [MRK] "Karakurt" and 3 minesweepers "Alexandrite".

    In other words, for the first time in 30 years, Russian military shipbuilding surpasses all of Europe

    Glad to hear this but you have to consider how a lot of europeans building programs are already concluded or near to it while many new ones are still to be started or are at their infancy.
    Impressive however that the biggest EU country, Germany is actually producing nothing.
    UK and France as usual throw their own money on status only vessels and neglect the surface fleet and just Italy has get to be on a roll of continue naval production.

    owais.usmani likes this post

    avatar
    ALAMO


    Posts : 1198
    Points : 1200
    Join date : 2014-11-25

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  ALAMO Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:45 am

    marcellogo wrote:
    Glad to hear this but you have to consider how a lot of europeans building programs are already concluded or near to it while many new ones are still to be started or are at their infancy.
    Impressive however that the biggest EU country, Germany is actually producing nothing.
    UK and France as usual throw their own money on status only vessels and neglect the surface fleet and just Italy has get to be on a roll of continue naval production.

    Well, not exactly, mate :-)
    They are constructing the F125 frigate series, with the 4th and last one still pending, and the 3rd delivered a few months ago only.
    Plus there are some 212 subs in the pipeline, both in Germany and Italy. Actually, you will get yours first, as the German ones are just signed along with Norway.
    avatar
    hoom


    Posts : 2331
    Points : 2321
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  hoom Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:35 am

    Here's Charly015s latest 'in construction' chart (Aug)
    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Armada%2Brusa%2Bbuques%2By%2Bsubmarinos%2Ben%2Bconstrucci%25C3%25B3n%2B2020

    flamming_python, dino00 and lyle6 like this post

    avatar
    ALAMO


    Posts : 1198
    Points : 1200
    Join date : 2014-11-25

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  ALAMO Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:08 am

    It is 70 ships, including 15 with nuclear propulsion.
    That's mindblowing for a country with the military budget on par with the UK ...
    That is a real scale of western corruption.

    flamming_python and Broski like this post

    Isos
    Isos


    Posts : 8456
    Points : 8440
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  Isos Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:43 am

    15 nuclear subs. That's impressive.
    jhelb
    jhelb


    Posts : 1011
    Points : 1118
    Join date : 2015-04-04
    Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  jhelb Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:56 am

    Isos wrote:15 nuclear subs. That's impressive.
    Once the ships have fired all their missiles (cruise, SAMs) do they send in more missiles by air or do the ships return to the harbour and re load?

    Sponsored content


    Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Statistics Update

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:33 pm