Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

    Posts : 408
    Points : 424
    Join date : 2013-11-29
    Age : 30
    Location : Florida

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  VladimirSahin Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:19 pm

    Guys so it's confirmed the Ukrainians pushed first? Why would they do that those idiots. I hear they got encircled there about 50 of them...
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 5894
    Points : 5870
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  miketheterrible Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:22 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    franco wrote:Trying to get a picture of what is happening in Debaltseve, perhaps could be confirmed. Suspect

    -  a recon in force by the UA took a hilltop
    - NAF counterattacked and cut them off
    - UA sent a battalion to rescue but they drove straight into a minefield No
    - UA sent in more units including Azov and Right Sector
    - NAF gunners having a turkey shoot, heavy causalities  dunno


    same, same   confused

    Confirmed only heavy casualties for phase 1/2/3.

    Ukrainians having over 80 casualties (WIA/KIA) in 2 days.

    Probably around 20/30 for NAF (but all feared critical or dead).

    no. According to sources from Novorussia mixed with people like Patrick Lancaster, very few dead NAF. Maybe 5 - 10. 20 injured though. ukrops lost roughly 100+ overall.
    auslander
    auslander

    Posts : 1407
    Points : 1487
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  auslander Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:12 pm

    Somehow I accidentally touched this: 'This post was made by miketheterrible who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.' I will not make that mistake again.

    miketheterrible wrote: no. According to sources from Novorussia mixed with people like Patrick Lancaster, very few dead NAF. Maybe 5 - 10. 20 injured though.  ukrops lost roughly 100+ overall.

    I guess very few dead, maybe 5-10 ain't bad.....unless you are one of the 'very few'. Your sources stink. Our son says your figures are way off but I won't tell you which way or which side. Our daughter says the same as our son. I will tell you that we have two missing, fate unknown.

    Hospitals in Kharkov have almost 50 heavily wounded, Dnepropetrovsk not quite so many and some of the very heavily wounded are in Kiev. Many more being treated in local hospitals near the fighting on the orc side.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

    Posts : 902
    Points : 909
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Location : New Zealand

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  OminousSpudd Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:08 pm

    auslander wrote:Somehow I accidentally touched this: 'This post was made by miketheterrible who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.' I will not make that mistake again.

    miketheterrible wrote: no. According to sources from Novorussia mixed with people like Patrick Lancaster, very few dead NAF. Maybe 5 - 10. 20 injured though.  ukrops lost roughly 100+ overall.

    I guess very few dead, maybe 5-10 ain't bad.....unless you are one of the 'very few'. Your sources stink. Our son says your figures are way off but I won't tell you which way or which side. Our daughter says the same as our son. I will tell you that we have two missing, fate unknown.

    Hospitals in Kharkov have almost 50 heavily wounded, Dnepropetrovsk not quite so many and some of the very heavily wounded are in Kiev. Many more being treated in local hospitals near the fighting on the orc side.
    I'm sorry to hear this auslander, my thoughts and prayers are with you all.
    Ispan
    Ispan

    Posts : 361
    Points : 375
    Join date : 2015-07-10
    Age : 44
    Location : Madrid

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  Ispan Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:31 pm

    I really wish I was wrong, but if the Ukrops suffer huge casualties, statistically, even if things go well for the Novorussians, they will still lose between 1/3 to 1/5 of the enemy casualties, given the scale of the fighting and the artillery involved. Sometimes there are very lopsided engagements, but don't count on them being the norm and always in favor of our side.

    This particular action got a lot of publicity, don't know why, it's not much larger than the last stunt that the ukrops tried in the same area in summer, but it obscures the fact that there's a war going on every day and every day dozens are killed and wounded.

    Regarding artillery. I can say with certainty that the volume of fire is much higher than what the official DNR reports mention. It's not single shots, but salvos or series of shots in variable number. Even the OSCE had for once, to report something of the truth, and wonder what else they are hiding

    https://dninews.com/article/osce-confirms-kiev-troops-advance-attempt-lpr-december-18

    Over a span of six hours on 18 December (while in government-controlled Svitlodarsk), the SMM heard 700 explosions assessed as 680 outgoing artillery rounds (122mm) 5-6 km and 8-10 km north-west; and 20 outgoing tank rounds 3-10 km south-west," says the text of the document.

    Cassad mentions that the OSCE clowns later counted 2,900 explosiones in the area, presumably over 2-3 days.

    Of course, nothing is mentioned in the DNR briefings, because the action took place in Lugansk sector, but there has been heavy shelling and infantry fighting all along the rest of the front.


    Also, about the casualties. Take note of the fact that hospitals are not empty. If they were, closest hospital to the frontline would have enough beds for 200 wounded. But the catch is unlike the dead, wounded remain for weeks at the hospital. So even if you just get 2 or 3 wounded a day, overtime they accumulate faster than they can be discharged. So if wounded have to be evacuated to Kharkov and some trickle down as far back as Dnipropetrovsk, it's because the frontline hospitals and those in the inmediate rearguard, such as Kramatorsk, are already crowded with wounded from previous days fighting. It goes on week after week.
    auslander
    auslander

    Posts : 1407
    Points : 1487
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  auslander Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:44 pm

    OminousSpudd wrote:
    I'm sorry to hear this auslander, my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

    Both youngsters are fine and both are serving of course for our side. My lass speaks to them as often as possible but there are times when contact is not possible. We worry of them but they both chose to serve when they came of age.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 5894
    Points : 5870
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  miketheterrible Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:29 pm

    auslander wrote:Somehow I accidentally touched this: 'This post was made by miketheterrible who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.' I will not make that mistake again.

    miketheterrible wrote: no. According to sources from Novorussia mixed with people like Patrick Lancaster, very few dead NAF. Maybe 5 - 10. 20 injured though.  ukrops lost roughly 100+ overall.

    I guess very few dead, maybe 5-10 ain't bad.....unless you are one of the 'very few'. Your sources stink. Our son says your figures are way off but I won't tell you which way or which side. Our daughter says the same as our son. I will tell you that we have two missing, fate unknown.

    Hospitals in Kharkov have almost 50 heavily wounded, Dnepropetrovsk not quite so many and some of the very heavily wounded are in Kiev. Many more being treated in local hospitals near the fighting on the orc side.

    don't know where your hostility for me comes from but the point of the matter is, this is what I have read from sources on Twitter. Don't shoot the messenger.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 10798
    Points : 10872
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  PapaDragon Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:43 pm

    VladimirSahin wrote:Guys so it's confirmed the Ukrainians pushed first? Why would they do that those idiots. I hear they got encircled there about 50 of them...


    Oh boy where to start:

    -Hilary disaster and Lord Kek triumphant.

    -Tillerson as SoS. In addition to being overall not insane towards Russia he also has an axe to grind with Kiev over business deals post coup and massive slander of his name by Kiev in interim period.

    -Overall EU clusterf*ck and rise of conservatives e.g. France.

    -No money from abroad.

    -No money left in Ukraine. Porky just finalized theft of last major bank and population will be picking up the tab like JohninMK said.

    -Capacity cap exemptions for Nord Stream, Nord Stream 2 moving along, Turk Stream and approaching suspension of gas transit trough Ukraine. Only 2 more years left.

    Real question is what took them this long?
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 5894
    Points : 5870
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  miketheterrible Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:12 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    VladimirSahin wrote:Guys so it's confirmed the Ukrainians pushed first? Why would they do that those idiots. I hear they got encircled there about 50 of them...


    Oh boy where to start:

    -Hilary disaster and Lord Kek triumphant.

    -Tillerson as SoS. In addition to being overall not insane towards Russia he also has an axe to grind with Kiev over business deals post coup and massive slander of his name by Kiev in interim period.

    -Overall EU clusterf*ck and rise of conservatives e.g. France.

    -No money from abroad.

    -No money left in Ukraine. Porky just finalized theft of last major bank and population will be picking up the tab like JohninMK said.

    -Capacity cap exemptions for Nord Stream, Nord Stream 2 moving along, Turk Stream and approaching suspension of gas transit trough Ukraine. Only 2 more years left.

    Real question is what took them this long?

    Also read that command was drunk too. But you are pretty spot on. The Ukies are getting desperate.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 4213
    Points : 4230
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:00 am

    miketheterrible wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    franco wrote:Trying to get a picture of what is happening in Debaltseve, perhaps could be confirmed. Suspect

    -  a recon in force by the UA took a hilltop
    - NAF counterattacked and cut them off
    - UA sent a battalion to rescue but they drove straight into a minefield No
    - UA sent in more units including Azov and Right Sector
    - NAF gunners having a turkey shoot, heavy causalities  dunno


    same, same   confused

    Confirmed only heavy casualties for phase 1/2/3.

    Ukrainians having over 80 casualties (WIA/KIA) in 2 days.

    Probably around 20/30 for NAF (but all feared critical or dead).

    no. According to sources from Novorussia mixed with people like Patrick Lancaster, very few dead NAF. Maybe 5 - 10. 20 injured though.  ukrops lost roughly 100+ overall.

    Let's say that I trust my source a lot more than people who like to help but don't understand what they talk about. At Lozove the cordon group behind the Ukrainian push got hit dead on with ATGM's and mortar fire (Jihadi style) for at least 10 KIA, about 3 KIA were counted during the initial Ukrainian attack, with the second position being peppered with AGS fire and counting casualties, but no KIA. More people were KIA when One Ukrainian BMP-1 crossed a mined area without getting hit and opened fire at point blank range, before getting hit. Two other BMP's are still on the mine field, with more ventilation holes than normally.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 4213
    Points : 4230
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:04 am

    KiloGolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Ukrainians having over 80 casualties (WIA/KIA) in 2 days.

    Loosing roughly an infantry company in just 48 hours. Ukropia never ceases to amaze me.

    Minefield, the defense's best friend. Also for the first time the sides held the volume of fire very high. Over 8 ATGM's fired from Ukrops, 6 from NAF. Waiting for LostArmour to confirm.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 5894
    Points : 5870
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  miketheterrible Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:09 am

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    franco wrote:Trying to get a picture of what is happening in Debaltseve, perhaps could be confirmed. Suspect

    -  a recon in force by the UA took a hilltop
    - NAF counterattacked and cut them off
    - UA sent a battalion to rescue but they drove straight into a minefield No
    - UA sent in more units including Azov and Right Sector
    - NAF gunners having a turkey shoot, heavy causalities  dunno


    same, same   confused

    Confirmed only heavy casualties for phase 1/2/3.

    Ukrainians having over 80 casualties (WIA/KIA) in 2 days.

    Probably around 20/30 for NAF (but all feared critical or dead).

    no. According to sources from Novorussia mixed with people like Patrick Lancaster, very few dead NAF. Maybe 5 - 10. 20 injured though.  ukrops lost roughly 100+ overall.

    Let's say that I trust my source a lot more than people who like to help but don't understand what they talk about. At Lozove the cordon group behind the Ukrainian push got hit dead on with ATGM's and mortar fire (Jihadi style) for at least 10 KIA, about 3 KIA were counted during the initial Ukrainian attack, with the second position being peppered with AGS fire and counting casualties, but no KIA. More people were KIA when One Ukrainian BMP-1 crossed a mined area without getting hit and opened fire at point blank range, before getting hit. Two other BMP's are still on the mine field, with more ventilation holes than normally.

    You could very well be correct. But I trust my sources as well. There is of course miscommunication.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 5894
    Points : 5870
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  miketheterrible Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:45 am

    OSCE confirms Kiev troops' advance attempt on LPR on December 18
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

    Posts : 4478
    Points : 4562
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  flamming_python Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:10 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 KqDpxVj

    Belarus was pretty well much being used heavily like Russia was to upkeep rest of the republics.

    Pretty much tells you all you need to know about why the USSR collapsed, that infographic.

    Although funny thing is that some of the biggest recipients were some of the most enthusiastic to leave the USSR. It would be like if Greece, Romania and Bulgaria lead the charge in dissolving the EU. Of course, geographic location and sensitivity to oppression of national identity did play a bigger role ultimately, which explains it.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 4213
    Points : 4230
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:30 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 KqDpxVj

    Belarus was pretty well much being used heavily like Russia was to upkeep rest of the republics.

    Pretty much tells you all you need to know about why the USSR collapsed, that infographic.

    Although funny thing is that some of the biggest recipients were some of the most enthusiastic to leave the USSR. It would be like if Greece, Romania and Bulgaria lead the charge in dissolving the EU. Of course, geographic location and sensitivity to oppression of national identity did play a bigger role ultimately, which explains it.

    Actually it shows under-investment nothing more when looking at it from a soviet perspective.

    However it shows the Post Soviet Trend pretty much. Kill the USSR and you cement the under-developpement trend, let it live and transform in a kind of Post-War France and you have a chance to go up.

    I guess they picked the "Freeehduuhm" option. The rest is history.

    BTW:

    Rada, yesterday.

    https://twitter.com/xs71real/status/811535663099244544
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 5894
    Points : 5870
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  miketheterrible Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:31 pm

    https://mobile.twitter.com/MauriceSchleepe/status/811366313205628929

    December 19 #LPR army moved to the #Offensive.In the area of #Kalinovka, #Ukraine caught in a mini boiler, 20+ #Ukraine junta forces killed.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 5894
    Points : 5870
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  miketheterrible Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:12 pm

    http://tass.ru/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/3894422

    40 dead, 50 injured.

    So lets hope that the guy who blocked me gets to settle down and save himself from a heart attack. Doubt it though, he will skip past this.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 5894
    Points : 5870
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  miketheterrible Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:27 pm

    http://en.news-front.info/2016/12/21/lpr-lost-4-kiled-5-wounded-in-wake-of-kiev-s-attack-on-debaltsevo-area/?utm_source=TW&utm_medium=ENG+TW&utm_campaign=SNAP%2Bfrom%2BEnglish+News+front

    LPR LOST 4 KILED, 5 WOUNDED IN WAKE OF KIEV’S ATTACK ON DEBALTSEVO AREA
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 5894
    Points : 5870
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  miketheterrible Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:49 pm

    http://eu.eot.su/2016/12/21/kievs-military-attempted-another-breakthrough-near-debaltsevo/

    Source so that some Asshole don't get aggressive with me. Looks like the Ukies are attempting again.
    Ispan
    Ispan

    Posts : 361
    Points : 375
    Join date : 2015-07-10
    Age : 44
    Location : Madrid

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  Ispan Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:20 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:http://tass.ru/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/3894422

    40 dead, 50 injured.

    So lets hope that the guy who blocked me gets to settle down and save himself from a heart attack. Doubt it though, he will skip past this.

    Hey Mike, don't get worked up about that. Here we are to share info, at least some, and I welcome your posts. Just don't rely too much on internet sources. Many times they just repeat what someone else wrote and there's a lot of redundancy.

    There's no substitute to thinking for yourself and asking questions. If you read my blog entries (I have some of the stuff published in english) you will get a good feeling of what the war is like and why the official reports from either side deliberately minimize the scale of the fighting and the casualties. I know our side routinely gives a trashing to the Ukros, but every day we lose brave men with no end in sight. I just wish the Ukrops got over with and attacked and the bloodbath would be quick and end the misery once and for all.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 5894
    Points : 5870
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  miketheterrible Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:14 pm

    I'll be bookmarking your blog. Thank you for your response.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

    Posts : 1666
    Points : 1735
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Ахетатон и Уасет

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  Khepesh Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:43 pm

    Strelkov

    "A strong wind is reported at Debaltsevo"

    Maybe total nonsense, maybe simply a fart in a thunderstorm, maybe as he says, dunno
    Godric
    Godric

    Posts : 594
    Points : 614
    Join date : 2015-04-30
    Location : Alba (Scotland)

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  Godric Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:52 pm

    Ispan wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:http://tass.ru/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/3894422

    40 dead, 50 injured.

    So lets hope that the guy who blocked me gets to settle down and save himself from a heart attack. Doubt it though, he will skip past this.

    Hey Mike, don't get worked up about that. Here we are to share info, at least some, and I welcome your posts. Just don't rely too much on internet sources. Many times they just repeat what someone else wrote and there's a lot of redundancy.

    There's no substitute to thinking for yourself and asking questions. If you read my blog entries (I have some of the stuff published in english) you will get a good feeling of what the war is like and why the official reports from either side deliberately minimize the scale of the fighting and the casualties. I know our side routinely gives a trashing to the Ukros, but every day we lose brave men with no end in sight. I just wish the Ukrops got over with and attacked and the bloodbath would be quick and end the misery once and for all.

    i have to admit Ispan i use bing translator to read your blog
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

    Posts : 1666
    Points : 1735
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Ахетатон и Уасет

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  Khepesh Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:34 pm

    The reports appearing around the networks about major ukrops assault as far as Zhdanovka, south of Enakievo, are disinformation.....
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

    Posts : 408
    Points : 424
    Join date : 2013-11-29
    Age : 30
    Location : Florida

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  VladimirSahin Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:57 am

    Guys why do the Ukrainians put their losses so low? Is there any evidence of them suffering the heavy casualties that the DNR said they have inflicted?

    Sponsored content

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:13 am