Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
11E
lancelot
andalusia
Gazputin
limb
lyle6
marcellogo
Giulio
GunshipDemocracy
Cyberspec
Isos
Mir
KeMac
kvs
The-thing-next-door
Hole
dino00
RusMil
miketheterrible
David27mc
JMCR
sjosiowicz
amcm923
Sanctus Ferri
Arctic_Fox
franco
Zhongqing
russianrisk
atiboss
Cplnew83
magnumcromagnon
Regular
ult
par far
Captain Nemo
Walther von Oldenburg
Stiangul
higurashihougi
r111
zg18
Anas Ali
Werewolf
Zivo
Rpg type 7v
collegeboy16
SSDD
Stealthflanker
ricky123
TR1
KomissarBojanchev
Mr.Kalishnikov47
ahmedfire
flamming_python
George1
ehtesham
AlexanderGiorev
njb1
Austin
IronsightSniper
Viktor
medo
GarryB
nightcrawler
Russian Patriot
Farhad Gulemov
fabyak47
milky_candy_sugar
DrofEvil
sepheronx
Sukhoi37_Terminator
Admin
10misha10
76 posters

Question Thread: Russian Army

franco
    franco

Question Thread: Russian Army - Page 7 Empty Re: Question Thread: Russian Army

Post  franco Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:04 pm

You were on goggle when you did? Because there were others plus the images.

The only major difference from that 2009 plan is that the Recon company was increased to a battalion. And check out the strategy page version which is based on the MT-LBV equipped units and gives more details.
    Arctic_Fox
    Arctic_Fox

Post  Arctic_Fox Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:23 pm

what exactly we've seeing here? :
    Question Thread: Russian Army - Page 7 As-110

i cannot find any info about it.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Two Kalashnikov rifles in bullpup form.  AS-1 and AS-2
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/08/25/kalashnikov-as-1-as-2-bullpup-rifles/
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Arctic_Fox wrote:what exactly we've seeing here? :
    Question Thread: Russian Army - Page 7 As-110

i cannot find any info about it.

New Kalaschnikow assault rifles AS-1 (5.45mm) and AS-2 (7.62mm)

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/08/25/kalashnikov-as-1-as-2-bullpup-rifles/

Not offered yet by Kalaschnikow or Izmazh.
    Sanctus Ferri
    Sanctus Ferri

Question Thread: Russian Army - Page 7 Empty Russian Army Officer selection, training and promotion.

Post  Sanctus Ferri Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:31 am

What are the requirements to become an officer in the Russian Army? Are talented enlisted people promoted to officer rank very often, or do most officers get recruited into academies from the general public?

How long does basic officer training last? What about arm of service training?

What sort of criteria are used to assess suitability for promotion? Do officers have to pass through some kind of general staff course to reach general rank, as in the Bundeswehr?
    Arctic_Fox
    Arctic_Fox

Post  Arctic_Fox Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:48 am

Hi, i want to know the current status of those armoured vehicles (adopted, trials, waiting to be adopted, dumped or unknown),any aditional info is always welcome Very Happy :

the first one is a typhoon-U but looks more protected and have a turret (could be typhoon 630699 but im not sure):
    Question Thread: Russian Army - Page 7 R2_cs614831.vk.me_uuQleNYXiLY_3373fa99

Question Thread: Russian Army - Page 7 5

Question Thread: Russian Army - Page 7 27

the second one is a typhoon-K and also looks like a more heavy version, and has a diferent front:
    Question Thread: Russian Army - Page 7 Kamaz_63699_tajfun_opytnyj

the third is basicaly typhoon 63969:
    Question Thread: Russian Army - Page 7 Kamaz_Typhoon

and VPK Volk series:
    Question Thread: Russian Army - Page 7 Volk_l2

Question Thread: Russian Army - Page 7 Volk_l7

Question Thread: Russian Army - Page 7 Volk_l5
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:54 pm

Typhoon-K and Typhoon-U have been adopted. We have already seen them in victory day parade
    Arctic_Fox
    Arctic_Fox

Question Thread: Russian Army - Page 7 Empty Hi, i want to know the current status of those armoured vehicles

Post  Arctic_Fox Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:14 pm

George1 wrote:Typhoon-K and Typhoon-U have been adopted. We have already seen them in victory day parade

But we only had seen the "common version" of both (63968  and 63059), what i really want to know is about these specific versions, with more armor and some changes.
    And by the way typhoon-K 63969 never apeared in any parade, we only have some pictures of tests.
    amcm923

Question Thread: Russian Army - Page 7 Empty S-60 Tech Manual

Post  amcm923 Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:27 pm

Good day. Looking for the T.O. for a 57mm S-60 AA gun. Failing that, need advice on several issues, pls:
    1. How to remove the barrel so we can move the gun into a building for restoration;
    2. Are there U.S. equivalent tires available?
    sjosiowicz

Question Thread: Russian Army - Page 7 Empty Can anyone identify the place and time of the uniform and the badge of the hat?

Post  sjosiowicz Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:03 pm

Hi:
    My name is Sergio Josiowicz. I live in Argentine and this photo have been sent to me from a relative in USA.

I think this is a russian soldier. Can anyone identify the insignia in his hat? And maybe can anyone can identify the time of this uniform?

Question Thread: Russian Army - Page 7 Soldie11

Last edited by sjosiowicz on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:21 pm

JMCR
    JMCR

Question Thread: Russian Army - Page 7 Empty Russian Motor Rifle Squad Nomenclature

Post  JMCR Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:00 am

Would a squad under a motor rifle company be labelled numerically(1st, 2nd, etc) or alphabetically(alfa, bravo, etc)?
    David27mc

Question Thread: Russian Army - Page 7 Empty Anyone knows about caiman / tarentula offroad vehicle?

Post  David27mc Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:51 am

Hello,
    I'm looking for all kind of information regarding the offroad vehicle named caiman or tarentula.
    It was produced in Saint Petersburg around the 2000's years. It doesn't seems to be produced anymore today.
    I would realy love to purchase one unit, even in bad condition in order to export it in Europe  Cool

Some videos here:

and

Thanks a lot for your help.
    David.
    David27mc

Question Thread: Russian Army - Page 7 Empty Cayman 4x4

Post  David27mc Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:36 am

Hello,
    Anybody can help, realy?
    Thanks.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:45 am

David27mc wrote:Hello,
    Anybody can help, realy?
    Thanks.

i didn't find anything, just some old videos like that one you posted above
    David27mc

Post  David27mc Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:39 pm

Thanks George1, hope someone else would help me.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:01 pm

Try contacting flaymingpython from this forums as he lives in St.Petersburg.
    David27mc

Post  David27mc Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:08 pm

Yes Mike. Could be a good idea. The problem is that I'm new on this forum and not able yet to send private message.
    Can you contact him for me please?
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:12 pm

I can link him to this, yes.
    David27mc

Post  David27mc Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:49 pm

Great thumbsup
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:52 pm

I told him to charge you a finders fee though. But I sent it to him.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:36 pm

I looked it up.

Basically 'Kaiman' is a private St. Petersburg vehicle construction bureau that was active since the early 90s; they've made a number of different prototypes (don't think any of them were produced in series), called like Kaiman 1, Kaiman 2, Kaiman 3, etc... sort of like frankenstein models with engines and transmissions from VAZ models, other parts from UAV cars and old LUAZ vehicles, and their own aluminium-based frames. Some even had parts from BTRs. I believe about 7 exist in total, all different.

One of these variants was exhibited in France, 20 years ago or so, where it got rave reviews and a lot of interest.

The Kaiman 3 stared in a Russian New Year's film 20 years ago. Dunno where it went after that.

The vehicle in the vids you posted is a Kaiman 4

Here's a link about the Kaiman 5, an armoured variant (but with decreased off-road ability) that was demonstrated to the military in the late 90s. It got high praise but ultimately no-one had the money or interest to induct a new vehicle at the time. The link contains videos of other prototypes too:
    http://alternathistory.com/vezdekhod-kaiman-5-rossiya

Here's a variant called the Tarantul, an enhanced version of the early Kaiman off-road buggies, trialed by the military in '98-'99, tearing out in front of the competition
    http://otvaga2004.ru/kaleydoskop/kaleydoskop-wheel/ukus-tarantula/
    http://5koleso.ru/articles/obzory/tarantul-nash-otvet-hammeru

Another interesting model is the Kaiman Vepr', which is an armoured truck that was demonstrated in the early 2000s:
    https://strangernn.livejournal.com/204024.html

As for the Kaiman design bureau now, I think the head of it (Sergei Tsymbalyuk) was forced to vacate his workshop and lay off his workers sometime in the mid-2000s, given that no serious customer ultimately decided to buy his vehicles. Nevertheless as of 10 years ago he was still apparently active in vehicle construction, tied to the Russian defence industries in some way.
    Perhaps you can find him on social networks or something (his name in Russian is Сергей Цымбалюк). If anyone can tell you the present-day location and condition of the prototypes, or elaborate on his latest constructions, then it would of course be the man himself.
    David27mc

Post  David27mc Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:03 am

Hi flamming_python,
    Many thanks for your help.
    I will try to contact the designer.
    If you hear about a second hand model for sale, please let me know.
    Regards.
    RusMil

Question Thread: Russian Army - Page 7 Empty Russian military "Telnyashka"

Post  RusMil Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:26 pm

Hello,

I tried lots of Russian Telnyashka, and I found out, that these are the best. Does anybody know, what manufacturer is doing these? Or what is origin of them?

I tried to find the manufacturer, but I did not succeed. If anybody does know it, I will be glad for help Smile

Thanks

Question Thread: Russian Army - Page 7 110
    Question Thread: Russian Army - Page 7 210
    dino00
    dino00

Post  dino00 Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:54 pm

What is the real range of kornet in the Russian army version?
    The kornet E and kornetEM are the export version don`t find nothing about the range of the domestic version.

Last edited by dino00 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mispelling)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm