Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+48
Teshub
starman
zg18
Neutrality
Khepesh
airstrike
SturmGuard
Sinan
crod
TheArmenian
GunshipDemocracy
Regular
Mindstorm
GarryB
Viktor
Big_Gazza
BKP
JohninMK
PapaDragon
KoTeMoRe
miketheterrible
SeigSoloyvov
arpakola
Vann7
kvs
AlfaT8
zarib
Isos
OminousSpudd
Walther von Oldenburg
storm333
auslander
Airman
Project Canada
zorobabel
magnumcromagnon
VladimirSahin
KiloGolf
Skandalwitwe
Erk
medo
0nillie0
higurashihougi
d_taddei2
George1
par far
calm
franco
52 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #10

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 33 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

Post  Guest Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:51 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    franco wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:At Beslan two colonels died. Yes, I know spetsnaz are a little different in this, but even so, they died leading their men from the front, not on a radio.

Anyway, seems that the terrorists are on brink of complete collapse in Aleppo and that a further ten districts have been liberated today. Peskov has advised caution about premature expectations because there will be a hard core who will fight to the death and try to cause as much destruction as they can before the end. I suspect Assad will claim liberation of Aleppo in a few days, and some Syrians are claiming it already, but difficult mopping up will continue for maybe a few weeks.

Thing is he was commanding a tank batallion there, at the best. Probably even less unit size. That could have been done by decent...senior lieutenant.

Who was commanding a tank battalion?

Someone today said he was commanding SAA tank batallion in Aleppo and that he was Colonel in 2nd Guards Tank Army.

5th Guard. He was the responsible for the "Separate" tank battalion that is serving in syria as of now. Couple of guys have been in combat supporting 4th Corps, most of them just train the Syrians (and Hizb). Liwa Al Quds has own brand of operators from 49th.

Also Liwa al Quds seen with current prod Valdai VKP 210 in Aleppo. Liwa and Hizb are looking more and more as proxy relays for the Russians.

Ah, good, ty for clarification. I just saw here that someone said he was from 2nd Guards so i assumed it was correct.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:53 pm

Possibly sudden rapid collapse in Aleppo as it is reported that entire Sheikh Sa'eed district has fallen and SAA advances into al-Fardos. Also seems more clear that daesh have in fact been smashed around Palmyra.

Edit: moves fast and it seems that terrorists in Aleppo are running like rats from sinking ship. I presume that they are all, or at least most of them, rushing up to the corridor, if it is even open for them at this time. Some reports that entire terrorist front on south of Aleppo has completely collapsed.
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:29 pm

Breaking. #ISIS claims to be in full control of strategic Hayyal Mount overlooking main road towards #Palmyra and ~5 km SW of Ancient city.
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 33 CzKeU32WgAAs7Ss

Another map
    IS makes huge advances near Palmyra, by the looks of it they are moving to encircle the city
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 33 CzKfzBDWEAQ6HIc
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:25 pm

Seems Brand X has joined EU, DC and UN in screaming for a 5 day ceasefire 'for humanitarian reasons'. My opinion is screw them all, they've had enough chances to GTFO, get their families out, send their wounded for treatment, send the 'hundreds of wounded women and children' out for treatment and all we've ever gotten from each stand down is more bad guys with more equipment and ammo to dig out.

Of interest is the numbers of US and other nato 'advisers' who are now trapped behind the ever shrinking lines. That mortar attack on our field hospital was too good to have been a beardie.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:29 pm

IS using same approach as in 2014 and 2015. NDF still doing nothing. Astaghfiroullah.

Also up tick in attacks on Palmyra front means that the blocking move from Iraq has come a little late and part of the Mujahereen (foreigners) have been going back towards Raqqah. Very fucked up situation.

Also US strikes have been rather absent from DeZ, but are said to have been hitting an advancing column of IAN.

Clusterfuck of massive proportions.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:29 pm

[quote="calm"]
    Breaking. #ISIS claims to be in full control of strategic Hayyal Mount overlooking main road towards #Palmyra and ~5 km SW of Ancient city.

They can claim whatever they want. Last time I heard RuAF has not stood down in that area and have not abandoned Palmyra nor are they or SSA in panic of a sudden envelopment of Palmyra. Wishful thinking in my opinion, on whose part I won't speculate.

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:36 pm

auslander wrote:
    calm wrote:

They can claim whatever they want. Last time I heard RuAF has not stood down in that area and have not abandoned Palmyra nor are they or SSA in panic of a sudden envelopment of Palmyra. Wishful thinking in my opinion, on whose part I won't speculate.

They don't want to capture Tadmur they want to get further to Salamiyah and spread the defensive efforts. IS is an opportunistic disease.

auslander wrote:Seems Brand X has joined EU, DC and UN in screaming for a 5 day ceasefire 'for humanitarian reasons'. My opinion is screw them all, they've had enough chances to GTFO, get their families out, send their wounded for treatment, send the 'hundreds of wounded women and children' out for treatment and all we've ever gotten from each stand down is more bad guys with more equipment and ammo to dig out.

Of interest is the numbers of US and other nato 'advisers' who are now trapped behind the ever shrinking lines. That mortar attack on our field hospital was too good to have been a beardie.

Mark my words, no ceasefire will be reached until Sheikh Lutfi and Sheikh Saad is gone. The only remaining Electric substation is in Sh Saad and the only open area is around Sheikh Lutfi, once its gone, the remaining pocket can be cut in two...

Also prepare for Qalat Sharif to fall tomorrow.

I think Lavrov and Vova have been very patient so far, the talk of the people on the ground has been to get the remaining part of the inner ring immediately, 2/300 KIA for that is peanuts. Russians obviously not willing to do that.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:54 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    calm wrote:

They don't want to capture Tadmur they want to get further to Salamiyah and spread the defensive efforts. IS is an opportunistic disease.

auslander wrote:Seems Brand X has joined EU, DC and UN in screaming for a 5 day ceasefire 'for humanitarian reasons'. My opinion is screw them all, they've had enough chances to GTFO, get their families out, send their wounded for treatment, send the 'hundreds of wounded women and children' out for treatment and all we've ever gotten from each stand down is more bad guys with more equipment and ammo to dig out.

Mark my words, no ceasefire will be reached until Sheikh Lutfi and Sheikh Saad is gone. The only remaining Electric substation is in Sh Saad and the only open area is around Sheikh Lutfi, once its gone, the remaining pocket can be cut in two...

I think Lavrov and Vova have been very patient so far, the talk of the people on the ground has been to get the remaining part of the inner ring immediately, 2/300 KIA for that is peanuts. Russians obviously not willing to do that.

A lot of amateurs consider '200-300 KIA' as peanuts....unless they should happen to be one of the peanuts.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:08 pm

auslander wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    calm wrote:

A lot of amateurs consider '200-300 KIA' as peanuts....unless they should happen to be one of the peanuts.

I totally agree, wasting lives so close to the final push will be counter productive. Syrians are not the most coherent bunch .
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:13 pm

Seikh Saad captured and confirmed...guess there won't be a ceasefire then.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:32 pm

I'm sorry but I can't help noticing the timing of the IS attack.
    Lots of unhappy people due to Aleppo fall seem to have unleashed their dogs... as seemingly their only means of response. scratch

I think IS is an easy target for RuAF, now that they're on the move. Russia, Fvck them up plz.

The vibes I'm getting is that usual idiots are playing their last good hand: IS.

Last edited by KiloGolf on Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:35 pm

KiloGolf wrote:I'm sorry but I can't help noticing the timing of the IS attack.
    Lots of unhappy people due to Aleppo seem to have unleashed their dogs... as seemingly their only means of response. scratch

Fvck them up plz.

I was just about to say something about that.

Yup, like totally coincidental....

Still no use of it, they will both be getting their medicine.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:36 pm

Lots of unhappy people due to Aleppo seem to have unleashed their dogs... as seemingly their only means of response. scratch

It's a matter of opportunity. IS has always worked like this. The difference is that these small probed are also the way they can sustain their small tempo war in the area.

Also those two Kornets are going further north against Turkey, so maybe it's not so bad. The few captured and killed troops, that's unfortunate.

Also small video of Aleppo. At 3:06 rat has been squashed by BMP.

KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:43 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:

It's a matter of opportunity. IS has always worked like this. The difference is that these small probed are also the way they can sustain their small tempo war in the area.

While the opportunity was there and they took advantage of it, I get the idea that they get very convenient tip-offs.
    And I am putting it very gently.

PS. I hate these tw@ts.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:46 pm

Map from 3 hours ago, but it is possible that terrorist held area is almost split in half on north-south axis and maybe the entire NE quarter now taken.
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 33 4186cf30f695
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:48 pm

Well it's a huge area, and the defenses are manned by people who aren't exactly well equipped, trained or commanded.

So eaves's dropping, snitching or even foreign input change little in that aspect. Also given the final touches in Aleppo, this is a done deal by now.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Lavrov said that SAA has suspended all offensive actions in Aleppo in order to allow out thousands of civilians who are trapped. Of course it may be more than civilians leaving...
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:02 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    calm wrote:

Fu*k me and my previsions...

KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:07 pm

Why are they doing this? This retardation needs to end No If FSA gets to keep any portion, however small, in Aleppo city, this war will never end. The militants need to be driven out of the cities if anyone wishes to end this. Otherwise it will perpetual conflict.

Lavrov: Combat actions in Aleppo suspended to take civilians out of city

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 33 1155277

HAMBURG, December 8. /TASS/. Syrian Armed Forces have suspended combat operations in eastern Aleppo to enable withdrawal of a column of civilians from the city, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Thursday on the sidelines of a conference of the Council of Foreign Ministers of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE).

"Combat actions of the Syrian Army in eastern Aleppo are suspended today, as a yet another and the biggest one so far operation to evacuate the civilians willing to leave the place is underway there," he said. "There are some 8,000 people in the column. That's a huge operation and the withdrawal route is five kilometers long.".

http://tass.com/politics/917876

Lavrov, Kerry discuss militants’ withdrawal from Aleppo — Russian foreign ministry

MOSCOW, December 8. /TASS/. Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry have agreed that the two countries’ experts will work tightly on the issue of militants’ withdrawal from Aleppo, the Russian foreign ministry said on Thursday after their telephone conversation.

According to the ministry, the two countries’ top diplomats met on the sidelines of a meeting of the Ministerial Council of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) in Germany’s Hamburg in the morning on December 8. "In the evening on the same day, they had a telephone conversation," the ministry said. "The two top diplomats continued the discussion of problems of the Syrian settlement, including ways of normalization of the situation in Eastern Aleppo."

http://tass.com/politics/917879
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:16 pm

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 33 Black-Cat-Funny

Ok, I get it, I understand that the political side of this demands Green Bus service. Especially while throwing more JAN and AAS to idlib.

But W.T.F.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:22 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 33 Black-Cat-Funny

Ok, I get it, I understand that the political side of this demands Green Bus service. Especially while throwing more JAN and AAS to idlib.

But W.T.F.

I sincerely hope SAA gets the order tomorrow or at best Monday... ffs not right now.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:28 pm

SyAF and RuAF are bombing the hilltop in Palmyra. As well, reinforcements are headed to Palmyra.

Apparently, area was heaps by NDF and they ended up fleet bff positions leaving behind lots of equipment for ISIS. So yeah, NDF screwed up yet again.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:39 pm

Reported that the government held cities of Kafarya and Al Fuah, to the NE of Idlib and already under siege, have come under massive bombardment by daesh in an apparent attempt to destroy the cities.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:48 pm

miketheterrible wrote:SyAF and RuAF are bombing the hilltop in Palmyra. As well, reinforcements are headed to Palmyra.

Apparently, area was heaps by NDF and they ended up fleet bff positions leaving behind lots of equipment for ISIS.  So yeah, NDF screwed up yet again.

Actually from AMAQ's own footage, there's not a lot of captured equipment, the front was basically manned by a company worth of people (yes I know this is the usual manpower level in this war) but still, looks like ISIS managed to extend its ammo count.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:17 pm

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 33 AL1U9kE

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:03 am