Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+48
Teshub
starman
zg18
Neutrality
Khepesh
airstrike
SturmGuard
Sinan
crod
TheArmenian
GunshipDemocracy
Regular
Mindstorm
GarryB
Viktor
Big_Gazza
BKP
JohninMK
PapaDragon
KoTeMoRe
miketheterrible
SeigSoloyvov
arpakola
Vann7
kvs
AlfaT8
zarib
Isos
OminousSpudd
Walther von Oldenburg
storm333
auslander
Airman
Project Canada
zorobabel
magnumcromagnon
VladimirSahin
KiloGolf
Skandalwitwe
Erk
medo
0nillie0
higurashihougi
d_taddei2
George1
par far
calm
franco
52 posters

    Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Khepesh
    Khepesh


    Posts : 1666
    Points : 1735
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Ахетатон и Уасет

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  Khepesh Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:09 pm

    At Beslan two colonels died. Yes, I know spetsnaz are a little different in this, but even so, they died leading their men from the front, not on a radio.

    Anyway, seems that the terrorists are on brink of complete collapse in Aleppo and that a further ten districts have been liberated today. Peskov has advised caution about premature expectations because there will be a hard core who will fight to the death and try to cause as much destruction as they can before the end. I suspect Assad will claim liberation of Aleppo in a few days, and some Syrians are claiming it already, but difficult mopping up will continue for maybe a few weeks.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf


    Posts : 2496
    Points : 2482
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  KiloGolf Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:17 pm

    Khepesh wrote:At Beslan two colonels died. Yes, I know spetsnaz are a little different in this, but even so, they died leading their men from the front, not on a radio.

    Problem is this guy costs so much money to study, train and get paid.
    Only to have him wasted like that. I can't see why a major or frankly a lieutenant couldn't complete the same task. It's a shame.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe


    Posts : 4213
    Points : 4230
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:22 pm

    Guess what...

    http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/us-strike-syrian-troops-report-data-contradicts-mistake-claims-1291258286

    The report, released by US Central Command on 29 November, shows that senior US Air Force officers at the Combined Air Operations Center (CAOC) at al-Udeid Airbase in Qatar, who were responsible for the decision to carry out the September airstrike at Deir Ezzor:

    misled the Russians about where the US intended to strike so Russia could not warn that it was targeting Syrian troops

    ignored information and intelligence analysis warning that the positions to be struck were Syrian government rather than Islamic State

    shifted abruptly from a deliberate targeting process to an immediate strike in violation of normal Air Force procedures

    No Comment.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf


    Posts : 2496
    Points : 2482
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  KiloGolf Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:26 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:Guess what...

    http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/us-strike-syrian-troops-report-data-contradicts-mistake-claims-1291258286

    The report, released by US Central Command on 29 November, shows that senior US Air Force officers at the Combined Air Operations Center (CAOC) at al-Udeid Airbase in Qatar, who were responsible for the decision to carry out the September airstrike at Deir Ezzor:

    misled the Russians about where the US intended to strike so Russia could not warn that it was targeting Syrian troops

    ignored information and intelligence analysis warning that the positions to be struck were Syrian government rather than Islamic State

    shifted abruptly from a deliberate targeting process to an immediate strike in violation of normal Air Force procedures

    No Comment.

    d!ck move, they're meant to be on the same team No
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  Guest Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:27 pm

    Khepesh wrote:At Beslan two colonels died. Yes, I know spetsnaz are a little different in this, but even so, they died leading their men from the front, not on a radio.

    Anyway, seems that the terrorists are on brink of complete collapse in Aleppo and that a further ten districts have been liberated today. Peskov has advised caution about premature expectations because there will be a hard core who will fight to the death and try to cause as much destruction as they can before the end. I suspect Assad will claim liberation of Aleppo in a few days, and some Syrians are claiming it already, but difficult mopping up will continue for maybe a few weeks.

    Thing is he was commanding a tank batallion there, at the best. Probably even less unit size. That could have been done by decent...senior lieutenant.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh


    Posts : 1666
    Points : 1735
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Ахетатон и Уасет

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  Khepesh Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:16 pm

    These decisions are for the commander to make based on what he thinks is necessary. Sometimes it may be the right thing for a higher level commander to put his life in danger and be at the front, to be seen at the front, to inspire. It they are killed then it can only be seen they made a bad decision in retrospect, if the operation failed, or if successful, that a future operation failed due to loss of leadership by one particular individual. History is littered with this and with various results, Bagration, Nakhimov, "Stonewall" Jackson. It has to be the commanders decision, right or wrong.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf


    Posts : 2496
    Points : 2482
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  KiloGolf Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:13 pm

    Lizzie Phelan @LizziePhelan
    https://www.rt.com/news/369467-aleppo-old-first-video/
    Before rebels came this building was used to make bread, after they came - used to make weapons #OldCity #Aleppo @RT_com
    11:51 AM - 7 Dec 2016

    and the red cross should be ashamed of itself:


    Shocked
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 1972
    Points : 2150
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty reply

    Post  d_taddei2 Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:16 pm

    Syrian Army captures 85% of east Aleppo

    captured areas: the districts of Karm Al-Jabal, Al-Mashatiyah, Qadi Al-Askar, Aghyor, Sahat Al-Tananir, Qastal Mishet, Qastal Harami, Al-Aryan, Farafira, Al-Kaldaniyah, Bab Al-Hadid, and Bab Al-Nasr.

    The source also confirmed that the Syrian Armed Forces would proceed to capture Jubb Al-Qabba, Al-Safsafa, Al-Ma'adi, Sheikh Lutfi, and Marjeh which lie south of the landmark citadel.

    only the districts of Kalaseh, Bustan Al-Qasr, Ansari, Mash-had, Sukkari, Zibdiyah, Salaheddin, Karm Al-Da'ada' and Sheikh Sa'eed remain out of the 45 districts that were under rebel control less than two weeks ago.

    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/map-update-syrian-army-captures-85-east-aleppo-verge-total-military-victory/

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 24525210



    avatar
    Project Canada


    Posts : 663
    Points : 666
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Location : Canada

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  Project Canada Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:05 pm

    Laughing   Laughing   Laughing


    Syria Terrorists call for truce as Aleppo losses mount
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 11683
    Points : 11751
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  PapaDragon Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:08 pm


    Some more humor (while map is still somewhat valid that is...) lol1

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 CzBxmXFUkAAdSDV
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov


    Posts : 2610
    Points : 2594
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:01 pm

    Well the battle of Aleppo is won the rats will be either be dead or withdraw within a week.

    Then we will have the Inlib offensive lets hope it doesn't take the SAA over a year to do this.
    calm
    calm


    Posts : 1484
    Points : 1486
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  calm Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:02 pm


    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 6tNbBFl
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 11683
    Points : 11751
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  PapaDragon Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:05 pm


    For illustrative purposes. WSJ is good for at least something I guess... Cool

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 BN-RC823_backgr_4_20161207114549
    avatar
    par far


    Posts : 2681
    Points : 2926
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  par far Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:21 pm

    calm wrote:
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 6tNbBFl


    When the SAA get all the terrorist territory, will they go for the yellow controlled by the Kurds?
    medo
    medo


    Posts : 4266
    Points : 4350
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  medo Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:54 pm

    When whole Aleppo will be liberated, than RuAF couls use Aleppo int. airport as their northern air base and install some jets there for closer support of Syrian army in the east and the west of Allepo.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg


    Posts : 1252
    Points : 1347
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 30
    Location : Oldenburg

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:57 pm

    Khepesh wrote:These decisions are for the commander to make based on what he thinks is necessary. Sometimes it may be the right thing for a higher level commander to put his life in danger and be at the front, to be seen at the front, to inspire. It they are killed then it can only be seen they made a bad decision in retrospect, if the operation failed, or if successful, that a future operation failed due to loss of leadership by one particular individual. History is littered with this and with various results, Bagration, Nakhimov, "Stonewall" Jackson. It has to be the commanders decision, right or wrong.
    All of them died in an era when being at the frontline was the only way to get the glimpse of the situation on the battlefield. Today a high ranking commander does not get more info from being at the front... he gets less.

    The "Follow me!!! Hurrah!!!" stuff should be a domain of sergeants and lieutenants and I believe it is in most armies. And I can't understand the Iranian principle of sending generals to the trenches (they llost like several dozens of them in Syria and keep losing them at rate of 2-3 monthly)
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov


    Posts : 2610
    Points : 2594
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:05 pm

    par far wrote:
    calm wrote:
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 6tNbBFl


    When the SAA get all the terrorist territory, will they go for the yellow controlled by the Kurds?  

    No they don't need to spark a conflict with the kurds right now.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  Guest Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:13 pm

    par far wrote:
    calm wrote:
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 6tNbBFl


    When the SAA get all the terrorist territory, will they go for the yellow controlled by the Kurds?  

    That would be veeery unwise.
    franco
    franco


    Posts : 4640
    Points : 4672
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  franco Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:54 pm

    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:These decisions are for the commander to make based on what he thinks is necessary. Sometimes it may be the right thing for a higher level commander to put his life in danger and be at the front, to be seen at the front, to inspire. It they are killed then it can only be seen they made a bad decision in retrospect, if the operation failed, or if successful, that a future operation failed due to loss of leadership by one particular individual. History is littered with this and with various results, Bagration, Nakhimov, "Stonewall" Jackson. It has to be the commanders decision, right or wrong.
    All of them died in an era when being at the frontline was the only way to get the glimpse of the situation on the battlefield. Today a high ranking commander does not get more info from being at the front... he gets less.

    The "Follow me!!! Hurrah!!!" stuff should be a domain of sergeants and lieutenants and I believe it is in most armies. And I can't understand the Iranian principle of sending generals to the trenches (they llost like several dozens of them in Syria and keep losing them at rate of 2-3 monthly)

    There are actually only 500-1000 Iranians in Syria. They would all be officers or military specialist advising and training the SAA or commanding the various foreign Shiite militia's (4,000 Hezbollah, 4,000 Iraqi and 4,000 Afghani / Pakistani) in Syria. These are all equipped, supplied and paid for by the Iranians.
    franco
    franco


    Posts : 4640
    Points : 4672
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  franco Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:58 pm

    Militarov wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:At Beslan two colonels died. Yes, I know spetsnaz are a little different in this, but even so, they died leading their men from the front, not on a radio.

    Anyway, seems that the terrorists are on brink of complete collapse in Aleppo and that a further ten districts have been liberated today. Peskov has advised caution about premature expectations because there will be a hard core who will fight to the death and try to cause as much destruction as they can before the end. I suspect Assad will claim liberation of Aleppo in a few days, and some Syrians are claiming it already, but difficult mopping up will continue for maybe a few weeks.

    Thing is he was commanding a tank batallion there, at the best. Probably even less unit size. That could have been done by decent...senior lieutenant.

    Who was commanding a tank battalion?
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible


    Posts : 6368
    Points : 6342
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  miketheterrible Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:08 pm

    franco wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:At Beslan two colonels died. Yes, I know spetsnaz are a little different in this, but even so, they died leading their men from the front, not on a radio.

    Anyway, seems that the terrorists are on brink of complete collapse in Aleppo and that a further ten districts have been liberated today. Peskov has advised caution about premature expectations because there will be a hard core who will fight to the death and try to cause as much destruction as they can before the end. I suspect Assad will claim liberation of Aleppo in a few days, and some Syrians are claiming it already, but difficult mopping up will continue for maybe a few weeks.

    Thing is he was commanding a tank batallion there, at the best. Probably even less unit size. That could have been done by decent...senior lieutenant.

    Who was commanding a tank battalion?

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 AHYhKw9

    Russian Colonel Ruslan Galitsky


    Last edited by miketheterrible on Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    par far


    Posts : 2681
    Points : 2926
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  par far Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:08 pm

    "SYRIAN ARMY LIBERATES 50 NEIGHBORHOODS IN EASTERN ALEPPO."


    https://southfront.org/syrian-army-liberates-50-neighborhoods-in-eastern-aleppo/


    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 9533
    Points : 9650
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  JohninMK Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:19 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 AHYhKw9

    Russian Colonel Ruslan Galitsky
    Using my life experience facial analysis system, he was a good man. A sad loss. RIP.
    franco
    franco


    Posts : 4640
    Points : 4672
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  franco Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:23 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:
    franco wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:At Beslan two colonels died. Yes, I know spetsnaz are a little different in this, but even so, they died leading their men from the front, not on a radio.

    Anyway, seems that the terrorists are on brink of complete collapse in Aleppo and that a further ten districts have been liberated today. Peskov has advised caution about premature expectations because there will be a hard core who will fight to the death and try to cause as much destruction as they can before the end. I suspect Assad will claim liberation of Aleppo in a few days, and some Syrians are claiming it already, but difficult mopping up will continue for maybe a few weeks.

    Thing is he was commanding a tank batallion there, at the best. Probably even less unit size. That could have been done by decent...senior lieutenant.

    Who was commanding a tank battalion?

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 AHYhKw9

    Russian Colonel Ruslan Galitsky

    He was not commanding a tank battalion. He was a military adviser to one of the SAA brigades fighting in Aleppo.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf


    Posts : 2496
    Points : 2482
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  KiloGolf Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:44 pm

    ^^^ RIP he looks like a great guy

    meanwhile in Aleppo, boys with toys Smile
    SAA victory is imminent

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 CzG4ZMGUQAEWjKV

    Sponsored content


    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 31 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:48 pm