Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+48
Teshub
starman
zg18
Neutrality
Khepesh
airstrike
SturmGuard
Sinan
crod
TheArmenian
GunshipDemocracy
Regular
Mindstorm
GarryB
Viktor
Big_Gazza
BKP
JohninMK
PapaDragon
KoTeMoRe
miketheterrible
SeigSoloyvov
arpakola
Vann7
kvs
AlfaT8
zarib
Isos
OminousSpudd
Walther von Oldenburg
storm333
auslander
Airman
Project Canada
zorobabel
magnumcromagnon
VladimirSahin
KiloGolf
Skandalwitwe
Erk
medo
0nillie0
higurashihougi
d_taddei2
George1
par far
calm
franco
52 posters

    Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Airman
    Airman


    Posts : 439
    Points : 487
    Join date : 2016-10-15
    Location : Turkey

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  Airman Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:06 am

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Airman wrote:


    Sorry man, but you quoting Lyndsey let's go to war with Russia and defend Turkey after their aggression on Russia, disqualifies you from giving ANY Opinion over Syria.



    Yes, that Lindsey Graham. Please cease this or it is bound to get ugly about "terrorism", "Turkey", "Syria", "rebels"...

    Are we square here?

    I posted this video because Ash Carter didn't know what America supports in Syria. Carter agrees PKK and YPG/PYD are linked. After He said PKK terrorist organization for Turkey and America. However, America is arming YPG in Syria. It's really weird.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe


    Posts : 4213
    Points : 4230
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:35 am

    Airman wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Airman wrote:


    Sorry man, but you quoting Lyndsey let's go to war with Russia and defend Turkey after their aggression on Russia, disqualifies you from giving ANY Opinion over Syria.



    Yes, that Lindsey Graham. Please cease this or it is bound to get ugly about "terrorism", "Turkey", "Syria", "rebels"...

    Are we square here?

    I posted this video because Ash Carter didn't know what America supports in Syria. Carter agrees PKK and YPG/PYD are linked. After He said PKK terrorist organization for Turkey and America. However, America is arming YPG in Syria. It's really weird.

    And it is also arming Jihadis and Al Qaeda. It's funny Lindsey Graham doesn't ask that question. Fun fact Turkey supports Jihadists and Al Nusra & Friends as well.

    So what exactly was that meant to say, that the US policy is schizophrenic? Well Turkey should know, they were tolerant with IS and Nusra and the rest of the gang, your are helping people from the TIP arming and preparing to fight against Assad. So are we square now?

    Fact is that you guys are on the wrong side of history here and this for various reasons. But bottom line is that this coin has two faces, you show one, I show both.
    calm
    calm


    Posts : 1484
    Points : 1486
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  calm Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 am

    1070
    rats in the basement
    https://www.facebook.com/Yosha.Yoseef/posts/1789426897965902
    avatar
    par far


    Posts : 2660
    Points : 2905
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  par far Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:33 pm

    A very good detailed report of the equipment that the SAA is using.


    https://southfront.org/weapons-military-hardware-of-syrian-army-photo-report/


    calm
    calm


    Posts : 1484
    Points : 1486
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  calm Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:32 pm

    par far wrote:A very good detailed report of the equipment that the SAA is using.
    https://southfront.org/weapons-military-hardware-of-syrian-army-photo-report/

    ....
    SouthFront apparently has no shame in copying our article. At least they were nice enough to mention us as the source oh wait they didn't.
    https://twitter.com/oryxspioenkop/status/796425528060194816
    Don't you fucking dare making money of an article I wrote for free.
    https://twitter.com/oryxspioenkop/status/796424511323258882
    http://spioenkop.blogspot.rs/2016/11/photo-report-syrian-arab-army.html
    avatar
    par far


    Posts : 2660
    Points : 2905
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  par far Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:44 pm

    calm wrote:
    par far wrote:A very good detailed report of the equipment that the SAA is using.
    https://southfront.org/weapons-military-hardware-of-syrian-army-photo-report/

    ....
    SouthFront apparently has no shame in copying our article. At least they were nice enough to mention us as the source oh wait they didn't.
    https://twitter.com/oryxspioenkop/status/796425528060194816
    Don't you fucking dare making money of an article I wrote for free.
    https://twitter.com/oryxspioenkop/status/796424511323258882
    http://spioenkop.blogspot.rs/2016/11/photo-report-syrian-arab-army.html


    I had no idea that article was yours, I thought South Front made it. You need copyright laws or something.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 9520
    Points : 9635
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  JohninMK Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:59 pm

    par far wrote:
    calm wrote:
    par far wrote:A very good detailed report of the equipment that the SAA is using.
    https://southfront.org/weapons-military-hardware-of-syrian-army-photo-report/

    ....
    SouthFront apparently has no shame in copying our article. At least they were nice enough to mention us as the source oh wait they didn't.
    https://twitter.com/oryxspioenkop/status/796425528060194816
    Don't you fucking dare making money of an article I wrote for free.
    https://twitter.com/oryxspioenkop/status/796424511323258882
    http://spioenkop.blogspot.rs/2016/11/photo-report-syrian-arab-army.html


    I had no idea that article was yours, I thought South Front made it. You need copyright laws or something.
    SF link now 404
    avatar
    par far


    Posts : 2660
    Points : 2905
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  par far Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:19 pm

    JohninMK wrote:
    par far wrote:
    calm wrote:
    par far wrote:A very good detailed report of the equipment that the SAA is using.
    https://southfront.org/weapons-military-hardware-of-syrian-army-photo-report/

    ....
    SouthFront apparently has no shame in copying our article. At least they were nice enough to mention us as the source oh wait they didn't.
    https://twitter.com/oryxspioenkop/status/796425528060194816
    Don't you fucking dare making money of an article I wrote for free.
    https://twitter.com/oryxspioenkop/status/796424511323258882
    http://spioenkop.blogspot.rs/2016/11/photo-report-syrian-arab-army.html


    I had no idea that article was yours, I thought South Front made it. You need copyright laws or something.
    SF link now 404


    Yes it is, wonder what happened?
    calm
    calm


    Posts : 1484
    Points : 1486
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  calm Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:33 pm

    par far wrote:I had no idea that article was yours, I thought South Front made it. You need copyright laws or something.

    No, it's not mine.
    "Oryx" wrote it, well known blog.

    par far wrote:
    SF link now 404


    Here, more info.
    https://twitter.com/oryxspioenkop/status/796437767668502528
    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 9520
    Points : 9635
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  JohninMK Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:42 pm

    A Syria classic Twitter video is in this link (don't know how to link to it directly). The aftermath of a shelling/bombing where the 'who got hit' is in some dispute. The civilians only line kinda fails when the AA gun is dug out of the rubble Smile Lots of white helmets in the background.

    https://twitter.com/djlink18/status/796705130162884609
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 11656
    Points : 11724
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  PapaDragon Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:26 pm


    Emperor already delivers results  Cool

    Obama directs Pentagon to target al-Qaeda affiliate in Syria, one of the most formidable forces fighting Assad

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-directs-pentagon-to-target-al-qaeda-affiliate-in-syria-one-of-the-most-formidable-forces-fighting-assad/2016/11/10/cf69839a-a51b-11e6-8042-f4d111c862d1_story.html?tid=sm_tw

    President Obama has ordered the Pentagon to find and kill the leaders of an al-Qaeda-linked group in Syria that the administration had largely ignored until now and that has been at the vanguard of the fight against the Syrian government, U.S. officials said.

    The decision to deploy more drones and intelligence assets against the militant group formerly known as Jabhat al-Nusra reflects Obama’s concern that it is turning parts of Syria into a new base of operations for al-Qaeda on Europe’s southern doorstep, the officials said.

    The move underlines the extent to which Obama has come to prioritize the counter­terrorism mission in Syria over efforts to pressure President Bashar al-Assad to step aside, as al-Nusra is among the most effective forces­­ battling the Syrian government.

    That shift is likely to accelerate once President-elect Donald Trump takes office. Trump has said he will be even more aggressive in going after militants than Obama, a stance that could lead to the expansion of the campaign against al-Nusra, possibly in direct cooperation with Moscow. The group now calls itself Jabhat Fatah al-Sham — or Front for the Conquest of Syria — and says it has broken with al-Qaeda, an assertion discounted by U.S. officials.
    President Obama arrives at the 71st annual U.N. General Assembly in New York, on Sept. 20, 2016. (Peter Foley/Via Bloomberg)

    The United States has conducted sporadic strikes in the past against veteran al-Qaeda members who migrated to northwestern Syria from Afghanistan and Pakistan to join al-Nusra and whom U.S. officials suspected of plotting against the United States and its allies.

    Obama’s new order gives the U.S. military’s Joint Special Operations Command, or JSOC, wider authority and additional intelligence-collection re­sources to go after al-Nusra’s broader leadership, not just al-Qaeda veterans or those directly involved in external plotting.

    The White House and State Department led the charge within the Obama administration for prioritizing action against the group. Pentagon leaders were reluctant at first to pull resources away from the fight against the Islamic State.

    But aides say Obama grew frustrated that more wasn’t being done by the Pentagon and the intelligence community to kill al-Nusra leaders given the warnings he had received from top counter­terrorism officials about the gathering threat they posed.

    In the president’s Daily Brief, the most highly classified intelligence report produced by U.S. spy agencies, Obama was repeatedly told over the summer that the group was allowing al-Qaeda leaders in Pakistan and Afghanistan to create in northwest Syria the largest haven for the network since it was scattered after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. Officials also warned Obama that al-Nusra could try to fill the void as its rival, the Islamic State, lost ground.

    Lisa Monaco, Obama’s White House homeland security and counter­terrorism adviser, said Obama’s decision “prioritized our fight against al-Qaeda in Syria, including through targeting their leaders and operatives, some of whom are legacy al-Qaeda members.”

    “We have made clear to all parties in Syria that we will not allow al-Qaeda to grow its capacity to attack the U.S., our allies, and our interests,” she said in an statement. “We will continue to take action to deny these terrorists any safe haven in Syria.”
    In this 2013 photo, which has been authenticated based on its contents and other AP reporting, rebels from al-Qaida affiliated Jabhat al-Nusra sit on a truck full of ammunition at Taftanaz air base, that was captured by the rebels, in Idlib province, northern Syria. (Edlib News Network/AP)

    To support the expanded push against al-Nusra, the White House pressed the Pentagon to deploy additional armed drones and intelligence-collection assets in the airspace over northwestern Syria, an area that had been sparsely covered by the United States until now because of its proximity to advanced Russian air-defense systems and aircraft.

    A bitterly divided Obama administration had tried over the summer to cut a deal with Moscow on a joint U.S.-Russian air campaign against al-Nusra, in exchange for a Russian commitment to ground Syrian government warplanes and to allow more humanitarian supplies into besieged areas. But the negotiations broke down in acrimony, with Moscow accusing the United States of failing to separate al-Nusra from more moderate rebel groups and Washington accusing the Russians of war crimes in Aleppo.

    Armed JSOC-controlled drones stepped up operations in September, according to military officials.

    Drone strikes by the U.S. military under the program began in October and have so far killed at least four high-value targets, including al-Nusra’s senior external planner. The Pentagon has disclosed two of the strikes so far. One of the most significant strikes — targeting a gathering of al-Nusra leaders on Nov. 2 — has yet to be disclosed, officials said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss operations.

    So far, Russian air-defense systems and aircraft haven’t interfered with stepped-up U.S. operations against al-Nusra. Officials attributed Moscow’s acquiescence to the limited number of U.S. aircraft involved in the missions and to Russia’s interest in letting Washington combat one of the Assad regime’s most potent enemies within the insurgency. U.S. officials said they provided notifications to the Russians before the al-Nusra strikes to avoid misunderstandings.

    Officials said the expanded al-Nusra campaign was similar to those that Obama has directed against al-Qaeda affiliates in Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan.

    While al-Qaeda’s central leadership in Pakistan has been decimated, the United States now faces more threats involving more extremists from more places than at any time since 9/11, Nicholas J. Rasmussen, director of the National Counterterrorism Center, told a Senate committee in September.

    The push into the province of Idlib and other parts of northwestern Syria coincides with Pentagon-backed offensives in and around Islamic State strongholds in eastern Syria and in Iraq, which have attracted the majority of U.S. military resources and public attention.

    White House officials had considered launching a more systematic campaign to destroy al-Nusra from top to bottom, much like the Pentagon’s approach to the Islamic State. But that option was rejected as too resource-intensive. Many of al-Nusra’s fighters are Syrians who joined the group because of its ample supply of weapons and cash, and its commitment to defeating Assad, not to plot against the West.

    Officials said the strikes on leadership targets were meant to send a message to more-moderate rebel units, including those backed by the CIA, to distance themselves from the al-Qaeda affiliate. At critical moments during the five-year-old civil war, moderate rebel units have fought alongside al-Nusra in ground operations against Assad’s forces. In fact, U.S. officials credit those rebel campaigns in the spring of 2015 with putting so much pressure on the Syrian government that Russia and Iran decided to double down militarily in support of Assad.

    U.S. officials who opposed the decision to go after al-Nusra’s wider leadership warned that the United States would effectively be doing the Assad government's bidding by weakening a group on the front line of the counter-Assad fight. The strikes, these officials warned, could backfire on the United States by bolstering the group’s standing, helping it attract more recruits and resources.

    Officials who supported the shift said the Obama administration could no longer tolerate what one of them described as “a deal with the devil,” whereby the United States largely held its fire against al-Nusra because the group was popular with Syrians in rebel-controlled areas and furthered the U.S. goal of putting military pressure on Assad. Russia had accused the United States of sheltering al-Nusra, a charge repeated Thursday in Moscow by Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov.

    “The president doesn’t want this group to be what inherits the country if Assad ever does fall,” a senior U.S. official said. “This cannot be the viable Syrian opposition. It’s al-Qaeda.”

    Officials said the administration’s hope is that more-moderate rebel factions will be able to gain ground as both Islamic State and al-Nusra come under increased military pressure.

    A growing number of White House and State Department officials, however, have privately voiced doubts about the wisdom of applying U.S. military power, even covertly, to pressure Assad to step aside, particularly since Russia’s military intervention in Syria last year.

    U.S. intelligence officials say they aren’t sure what Trump’s approach to U.S.-backed rebel units will be once he gets briefed on the extent of the covert CIA program. Trump has voiced strong skepticism about arming Syrian rebels in the past, suggesting that U.S. intelligence agencies don’t have enough knowledge about rebel intentions to pick reliable allies.

    Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter and other Pentagon leaders initially resisted the idea of devoting more Pentagon surveillance aircraft and armed drones against al-Nusra. In White House Situation Room meetings, Carter and other top Pentagon officials argued that the military’s resources were needed to combat the Islamic State and that it would be difficult to operate in the airspace given Russia’s military presence, officials said.

    While Obama, White House national security adviser Susan E. Rice, Secretary of State John F. Kerry and special presidential envoy Brett McGurk agreed with Carter on the need to keep the focus on the Islamic State, they favored shifting resources to try to prevent al-Nusra from becoming a bigger threat down the road.

    A senior defense official said additional drone assets were assigned to the JSOC mission. Carter also made clear that the Pentagon’s goal would be to hit al-Nusra leadership targets, not take strikes to try to separate the moderate rebels from al-Nusra, officials said.

    “If we wake up in five years from now, and Islamic State is dead but al-Qaeda in Syria has the equivalent of [the tribal areas of Pakistan] in northwest Syria, then we’ve got a problem,” a second senior U.S. official said.
    arpakola
    arpakola


    Posts : 1510
    Points : 1542
    Join date : 2014-03-12
    Age : 54
    Location : Athens

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  arpakola Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:47 am

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Missile-Capabilities-2
    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 9520
    Points : 9635
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  JohninMK Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:35 am

    Interesting but wrong thread for that chart.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe


    Posts : 4213
    Points : 4230
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:16 am



    Don't thank me, thank the SAA.

    Cue Benny Hill music.

    Eduard Xill a lot better though.



    That's why Hillary lost, these voters couldn't get to the polling station.


    Also the second BMP guys, are featured here in this follow up, check end of video.

    https://twitter.com/MmaGreen/status/796509663760105472
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe


    Posts : 4213
    Points : 4230
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:50 am

    More from dead rats.

    franco
    franco


    Posts : 4615
    Points : 4647
    Join date : 2010-08-17

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  franco Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:39 pm

    Reconciliation agreements with settlements and the Syrian government now total 924. The total of reconciliation agreements with armed groups remain at 69.


    Must be no more moderate rebels left lol1
    Erk
    Erk


    Posts : 483
    Points : 494
    Join date : 2015-04-26

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  Erk Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:07 am

    US Republican Senator Black seems to think that the election of Trump will have a dramatic change in the Syrian conflict.



    If he is right, and the deep state don't stop Trump, then this would be a good thing.

    Viktor
    Viktor


    Posts : 5814
    Points : 6449
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 41
    Location : Croatia

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  Viktor Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:13 am

    franco wrote:Reconciliation agreements with settlements and the Syrian government now total 924. The total of reconciliation agreements with armed groups remain at 69.


    Must be no more moderate rebels left lol1

    Winning war with the use of diplomatic means can gain even more but with the threat of using force while not using it. Great! Smile  

    Imagine if SAA where to fight their way in in those 924 places more Smile

    and the number keeps on growing thumbsup
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 1950
    Points : 2128
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty reply

    Post  d_taddei2 Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:23 am

    JohninMK wrote:A Syria classic Twitter video is in this link (don't know how to link to it directly). The aftermath of a shelling/bombing where the 'who got hit' is in some dispute. The civilians only line kinda fails when the AA gun is dug out of the rubble Smile Lots of white helmets in the background.

    https://twitter.com/djlink18/status/796705130162884609

    yeah didn't know all civilians have a AA gun in their back garden loooool.

    This must feel like a right fool, i like how the camera kept getting footage of the 37mm AA gun.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 9520
    Points : 9635
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  JohninMK Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:41 am

    d_taddei2 wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:A Syria classic Twitter video is in this link (don't know how to link to it directly). The aftermath of a shelling/bombing where the 'who got hit' is in some dispute. The civilians only line kinda fails when the AA gun is dug out of the rubble Smile Lots of white helmets in the background.

    https://twitter.com/djlink18/status/796705130162884609

    yeah didn't know all civilians have a AA gun in their back garden loooool.

    This must feel like a right fool, i like how the camera kept getting footage of the 37mm AA gun.
    The video would have edited down to a very nice 'evil Assad' clip tho'.

    Not something that could be done on this video of Dara Izza, with what is clearly an ammo dump going up.

    Airman
    Airman


    Posts : 439
    Points : 487
    Join date : 2016-10-15
    Location : Turkey

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  Airman Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:24 pm

    TAF: Turkish Air Force jets “neutralized” 18 #Daesh terrorists in northern #Syria  overnight Friday as part of Operation #EuphratesShield

    https://twitter.com/EuphratesShield/status/797420622502563840
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 1950
    Points : 2128
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty reply

    Post  d_taddei2 Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:26 pm

    and yet more progress Syrian Arab Army and Hezbollah seized the village of Khirbat Al-Zuwari near the large hilltop of Tal Al-Bonjara in southern Aleppo, and now Kafr Haddad and they are continuing to push further south. This only mean two things- 1) the terrorists are really are in the shit and running with their tails between their legs and given up on Aleppo. 2) they are luring the SAA into a trap, overstretching them, planning another massive assault from another location such as Kafr Hamrah, or Khanasir. or could be looking to focus all their manpower in Hama, and Latakia there is still many vulnerable areas where they could open another front to force the SAA to send troops there thus stalling the central Aleppo offensive. Vulnerable fronts include:

    as mentioned Khanasir,
    anything along the southern stretch from Baradah to Khanasir,
    North eastern Hama- As Sa-an.
    North western Hama.

    another potential move could be to assault the small towns of Kafarya and Foua in the government enclave and just butcher them or keep them hostage as they become sore losers of the Aleppo front. Especially now theirs reports that once trump is in the seat they will lose their support and face aerial bombing from USA. But we will have to wait and see if he will be allowed to do such actions.


    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-hezbollah-capture-new-village-southern-aleppo/

    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-hezbollah-keep-rolling-southern-aleppo-jihadists-abandon-another-village/
    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 9520
    Points : 9635
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  JohninMK Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:25 pm

    d_taddei2 wrote:and yet more progress Syrian Arab Army and Hezbollah seized the village of Khirbat Al-Zuwari near the large hilltop of Tal Al-Bonjara in southern Aleppo, and now Kafr Haddad and they are continuing to push further south. This only mean two things- 1) the terrorists are really are in the shit and running with their tails between their legs and given up on Aleppo. 2) they are luring the SAA into a trap, overstretching them, planning another massive assault from another location such as Kafr Hamrah, or Khanasir. or could be looking to focus all their manpower in Hama, and Latakia there is still many vulnerable areas where they could open another front to force the SAA to send troops there thus stalling the central Aleppo offensive. Vulnerable fronts include:

    as mentioned Khanasir,
    anything along the southern stretch from Baradah to Khanasir,  
    North eastern Hama- As Sa-an.
    North western Hama.

    another potential move could be to assault the small towns of Kafarya and Foua in the government enclave and just butcher them or keep them hostage as they become sore losers of the Aleppo front. Especially now theirs reports that once trump is in the seat they will lose their support and face aerial bombing from USA. But we will have to wait and see if he will be allowed to do such actions.


    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-hezbollah-capture-new-village-southern-aleppo/

    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-hezbollah-keep-rolling-southern-aleppo-jihadists-abandon-another-village/
    It could as simple as they have not prepared any defence in depth, just falling back to the next building behind them, bearing in mind that planning for retreat would have been an admission of possible failure by their leadership so not good for morale. Plus any army finds fighting a rearguard action difficult even when they are a properly disciplined fighting force as opposed to what looks in this area to be increasingly like an AK armed semi trained rabble.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 1950
    Points : 2128
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty reply

    Post  d_taddei2 Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:04 pm

    Syrian Army gives ISIS, Nusra one month to surrender Yarmouk Camp

    Thats far too long in my eyes, they should know from the past that ISIS don't give up like this, and giving them a month to make IED's booby traps, plan, etc is ridiculous. I would have given 24 hours

    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-gives-isis-nusra-one-month-surrender-yarmouk-camp/
    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 9520
    Points : 9635
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  JohninMK Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:17 pm

    d_taddei2 wrote:Syrian Army gives ISIS, Nusra one month to surrender Yarmouk Camp

    Thats far too long in my eyes, they should know from the past that ISIS don't give up like this, and giving them a month to make IED's booby traps, plan, etc is ridiculous. I would have given 24 hours

    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-gives-isis-nusra-one-month-surrender-yarmouk-camp/
    They are aware of that, there must be a reason. Like its 4 weeks closer to Trump in charge.

    Sponsored content


    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:20 am