Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+57
flamming_python
arpakola
higurashihougi
Mr.Comrade
BKP
GunshipDemocracy
magnumcromagnon
Regular
Vann7
Arctic_Fox
franco
Rodinazombie
VladimirSahin
MMBR
Grazneyar
Hannibal Barca
Big_Gazza
TheArmenian
eehnie
Benya
Ispan
GarryB
OminousSpudd
Khepesh
KiloGolf
JohninMK
auslander
ultimatewarrior
whir
airstrike
Odin of Ossetia
PapaDragon
Godric
par far
zorobabel
Project Canada
VARGR198
RTN
jhelb
Firebird
George1
calm
kvs
AlfaT8
Werewolf
Aristonicus
wilhelm
Resistance
SturmGuard
ExBeobachter1987
KoTeMoRe
Boshoed
sepheronx
Karl Haushofer
medo
Neutrality
Cowboy's daughter
61 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #25

sepheronx
    sepheronx

The Situation in the Ukraine. #25 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #25

Post  sepheronx Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:53 am

You will get all types of people. I met up with a Taiwanese family at a strawberry farm in Alberta and we talked (old guy, probably in mid to late 60's) and he was actually indifferent to the whole thing. He did state that he would like Taiwan to be independent, but is also would be happy with Chinese cooperation more so than American. But issue is, USA did to Taiwan what USA did to Ukraine but many many years ago. Eventually the peoples mentality change over time and realize that the people far away and barely have relations with you other than using you as a vassal, isn't such a great ally.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

The Situation in the Ukraine. #25 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #25

Post  sepheronx Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:08 am

this was on 4chan /pol/ section where they have multiple topics on Syria. Made me chuckle:

The Situation in the Ukraine. #25 - Page 20 JmbbBsg
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:00 am

sepheronx wrote:this was on 4chan /pol/ section where they have multiple topics on Syria.  Made me chuckle:

The Situation in the Ukraine. #25 - Page 20 JmbbBsg

Haha, I just saw this on there. Amazing. Very Happy

@auslander and co. keep up the posts, you're doing a great job of keeping us informed. Especially auslander, keep your ear to the ground mate. I do read all the posts on this thread. respekt
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:44 am

PapaDragon wrote:Off Topic

I accidentally had an argument on Reddit about China with this guy who apparently was from Taiwan ( Chinese Taipei for more hardcore among you Wink  ) and holy crap, just replace China with Russia and Taiwan with Ukraine (works on Baltic and Poland too for the most part) and you get the same freakin' argument we had with ukrop stronkers back on MP.net.

Don't know whether its hilarious or disturbing. And I don't even give a crap about China/Taiwan stuff.... Suspect : affraid

It's the same mental illness, just like Ukraine, Taiwan is heavily economic dependent on their hated neighbor...The PRC could easily take all their tech investments out of Taiwan and relocate them towards Vladivostok and not only would they destroy Taiwan's economy, they'd also make a hefty profit when currency exchanges come in to effect.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:30 pm

BTW question for Khepesh (or Ispan), will the Ukrappy's launch a full scale assault on the Donbass in September/October as an October Surprise to get certain political demagogues elected in to office?
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:05 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:BTW question for Khepesh (or Ispan), will the Ukrappy's launch a full scale assault on the Donbass in September/October as an October Surprise to get certain political demagogues elected in to office?

I say that even if they don't want to, they should. Especially late September.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:02 pm

Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:07 pm

IMO it is now beyond meaningful analysis, it will happen when it happens, tonight, tomorrow, next week, next month dunno
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:35 pm

it is true that Putin called the kiev government illegitimate in his latest conferences?

http://www.fort-russ.com/2016/08/putin-throws-down-gauntlet-takes-aim-at.html

If that is true , that certainly means a complete change of Russia policy towards Ukraine ,
    and that a new policy and offensive policy will follow . Putin even called Poroshenko a
    Puppet of US .. So is also escalation of tension with US too.

if Putin give a go for war with Ukraine ,
    Russia will need to encourage more lugansk and donetsk revolutions in all eastern Ukraine
    across Russian border ,but also across border with Belarus if possible. The goal is to totally encourage insurrection against kiev.

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:03 am

Oh boy, isn't this rich:

http://tass.ru/en/world/893849

Essentially, saying that Russian backed militants (in other words, the actual freedom fighters) are the ones apparently defying the agreements and that Ukraine had nothing to do with the Crimean issue recently and Russia provided no tangible evidence.  So even if people admit it, it still isn't tangible.  Or if they even show physical evidence, it still isn't good enough for NATO.

So fuck them. None of their business but obviously will defend the PUkes even if God himself provided the proof.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:45 pm

Zakharchenko today has said that offensive is expected, and attacks at three places, tho exactly where and when is not know so we have to be ready across the front. http://dnr-online.ru/podrazdeleniya-dnr-gotovy-otrazit-nastuplenie-po-vsem-napravleniyam-glava-dnr-aleksandr-zaxarchenko/
    In another statement he said about creating more bomb shelters.
    Statement from Kiev MVD that they expect active war at Crimea and Donbass
    Medvedev has suggested that Russia may break diplomatic relations with Ukraine

Against the war talk, both Basurin and Kiev military spokesman have said that incidents are not more than normal, but then there was nothing to suggest what happened in Perekop.
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:01 pm

Laughing

The Situation in the Ukraine. #25 - Page 20 RR-22241e
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:46 pm

I'm wondering if the purported Crimea build-up is both a reaction to Ukrainian terrorism and diversionary, with an offensive coming from somewhere else.

Last edited by zorobabel on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:23 am

Unbe-fucking-lievable No Suspect

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37062036

.........The missiles are being installed in Crimea to protect Russia's Hmeimim air base in Syria among other things, it adds. .....
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:43 am

PapaDragon wrote:

.........The missiles are being installed in Crimea to protect Russia's Hmeimim air base in Syria among other things, it adds. .....
    Haha, I like it. It's making fun of NATO's claim that the anti-missile shield is supposed to target Iran's nonexistent nuclear program.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:44 am

PapaDragon wrote:

Damn, those S-400s have got some range!

Wait what? lol1
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:22 am

Sometimes you just shake your head. The article did say that a 400 system was installed at Hmeimim after the shoot down of the Dry and I've got news for them, the 400 has been in Krimu for a while.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:00 am

auslander wrote:Sometimes you just shake your head. The article did say that a 400 system was installed at Hmeimim after the shoot down of the Dry and I've got news for them, the 400 has been in Krimu for a while.

What do we expect from the BBC? They're limp-wristed propagandists, the S-400's have been there longer than the Kiev Junta has been in power, but then again according to the BBC the thousands of soldiers based in Sevastopol since the 1997 agreement, is the "RUSSIAN INVASION" that magical appeared overnight, just like Russia's continental land mass magically appearing near NATO bases.

The BBC is too busy covering up pedophile scandals involving their staff members, there's simply not enough time in the day to both protect child molesters and do serious fact checking during news coverage.
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:42 am

Khepesh or any other Russian speakers, can you translate this? Khepesh, any opinions about credibility of this

http://chervonec-001.livejournal.com/1507702.html

From what I understand from the gibberish, the military situation is much worse than I thought. They are saying they can't repel a serious attack without Russian support, wich find it scarcely believeable, as I believe despite problems militia is much better now than last year, and that the rearguard and state structures still corrupt and have too many ties with Ukranian oligarchs

Writes Eugene Shabayev:

DNI. All units are transferred into a special preparation. Valid complete silence mode, all phone lines, ratings are monitored. Any transfer of information is punishable "basement". Nix strong. Technique is brought, but not positions. Otvetku there, but only non-systemic, and after a double confirmation.

The north wind blew reviewers. Their task is to find out as much as possible the real situation. As such techniques are not brought.

Analysis Conclusions - the case is not ready for full-fledged fighting. State full of "dead souls" and "young shoots" of paid fighters, which were training "northern" people have never participated in the clashes. The rear structure is completely corrupt and busy "laundering" of money and means of technical, product and consumer support.

Systems zhiznideyatelnosti economic and military DNI mechanisms are in perfect relationship with suppliers, tax, business, corruption, human and other ties with Ukraine.

The main conclusion - the republic is unable to protect yourself in case of a hard beginning of armed clashes. Even with oduvan from all sides "north wind" as in 2014, for which a special thank you "supervision" to destroy the structures of internal conflict managers - militia.
    Questions on countering possible breakthroughs need to be addressed only to the "north wind".
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:35 pm

Ignore it except for the regime of silence, which has been in operation for a long time. It adds or detracts from nothing we already know or suspect. If a senior Rusian general and staff have made an inspection, which is what the clumsily worded message implies, the results will not be known by anybody to repeat. It's been about 18 months since Debaltsevo and the problems from that, communications mainly, are solved. It is inconceivable that VSN are not ready to meet an offensive.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:09 pm

If the people running the DNR and LNR are doing their jobs then both the manpower and the equipment levels of the
    Novorussian army have increased significantly since the Minsk II ass saving "accord". This is life or death for Novorussia.
    So Kiev will be in for a surprise if they think that they will easily roll over the Donbas forces.

Also, it appears that the Russian government will not be throwing the Donbas under the bus after terror scheme in Crime
    was thwarted. There is no more Minsk charity for the Kiev regime. Expect the Novorussian forces to get high levels of
    support in case the maggots in Kiev decide to attack. The maggots in Kiev are acting like the Izetbegovic regime in
    Bosnia i Herzgovina after 1992. They think they are invincible and can wage war all they want because Uncle Scam has
    their backs. But unless Uncle Scam wants to do the fighting for Kiev, the regime forces will not be doing so hot the next
    time they try to wage war.
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:10 pm

Ispan wrote:From what I understand from the gibberish, the military situation is much worse than I thought. They are saying they can't repel a serious attack without Russian support, wich find it scarcely believeable, as I believe despite problems militia is much better now than last year, and that the rearguard and state structures still corrupt and have too many ties with Ukranian oligarchs

Why is it hard to believe that Donbass rebels are demoralized by the situation?
    They have not gained anything in 2016.
    In fact, their opponents have pushed the contact line closer to the positions of the rebels.
    The nominal strength is higher, but they do not have the enthusiasm of the early rebels.
    What are they fighting for? They are neither allowed to secede from Ukraine nor to effectively protect themselves with everything they have.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:01 pm

ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    Ispan wrote:From what I understand from the gibberish, the military situation is much worse than I thought. They are saying they can't repel a serious attack without Russian support, wich find it scarcely believeable, as I believe despite problems militia is much better now than last year, and that the rearguard and state structures still corrupt and have too many ties with Ukranian oligarchs

In fact, their opponents have pushed the contact line closer to the positions of the rebels.
    The nominal strength is higher, but they do not have the enthusiasm of the early rebels.
    What are they fighting for? They are neither allowed to secede from Ukraine nor to effectively protect themselves with everything they have.

If Kiev decides to launch a full on attack they will not be held back by Russia. There will be no Minsk III.

For now they have to put up with Banderastani harassment. They have been doing this since 2014.
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:25 am

ExBeobachter1987 wrote:

NAF is Russia's tool to stop Ukraine from joining NATO. As long as NAF exists, Ukraine cannot join NATO. NAF fights for Russian people, Russian speakers, everywhere.
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:45 am

kvs wrote:If Kiev decides to launch a full on attack they will not be held back by Russia.   There will be no Minsk III.

If Kiev's launches a full-scale attack, they will be lucky to hold their ground even if they can use everything they have.

kvs wrote:For now they have to put up with Banderastani harassment.   They have been doing this since 2014.

They did actual gain ground in early 2015 and there was a fairly quiet time in autumn 2015.

It was a better time than 2016.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 pm