Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+57
flamming_python
arpakola
higurashihougi
Mr.Comrade
BKP
GunshipDemocracy
magnumcromagnon
Regular
Vann7
Arctic_Fox
franco
Rodinazombie
VladimirSahin
MMBR
Grazneyar
Hannibal Barca
Big_Gazza
TheArmenian
eehnie
Benya
Ispan
GarryB
OminousSpudd
Khepesh
KiloGolf
JohninMK
auslander
ultimatewarrior
whir
airstrike
Odin of Ossetia
PapaDragon
Godric
par far
zorobabel
Project Canada
VARGR198
RTN
jhelb
Firebird
George1
calm
kvs
AlfaT8
Werewolf
Aristonicus
wilhelm
Resistance
SturmGuard
ExBeobachter1987
KoTeMoRe
Boshoed
sepheronx
Karl Haushofer
medo
Neutrality
Cowboy's daughter
61 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #25

Khepesh
    Khepesh

The Situation in the Ukraine. #25 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #25

Post  Khepesh Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:30 pm

Widespread ukrops attacks along the DNR front except Volnovakha and Debaltsevo areas. Kuibishevsky district being hit by ukrops fire as it was over winter 14/15. Houses hit, cafe hit, bus hit, but fortunately so far only a few wounded reported. Minsk works....
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

The Situation in the Ukraine. #25 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #25

Post  JohninMK Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:44 pm

MH-17 rumbles on. No hint as to what 'legal assistance' they want.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — A delegation of the Joint Investigation Team (JIT), headed by the Dutch police and Public Prosecutor’s Service, is set to arrive in the Russian capital this week to request legal help from Russian representatives in the probe into the Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 crash in Ukraine in 2014, JIT spokesperson Wim de Bruin told Sputnik on Monday.

"I may confirm that a delegation of the Dutch Public Prosecutor’s Service and the Police will visit Moscow this week. The delegation will meet with Russian authorities and discuss the request for legal assistance regarding the criminal investigation into flight MH17," de Bruin said.

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20160704/1042422143/mh17-investigation-crash.html
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:23 pm

More than 3000 coup terrorists have been killed so far. Need to kill a million of them to stop the terrorism on the people of Donbas.

http://memorybook.org.ua/
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:51 pm

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:24 pm

Interesting article about UAF soldiers, saved for future reference

http://www.fort-russ.com/2016/07/from-patriots-to-drunks-to-mercenaries.html
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:46 pm

Only PBS news and with an American slant but it is something. A 10 minute news video from inside Donetsk by Americans for Americans;

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/desire-to-break-free-from-ukraine-keeps-devastated-donetsk-fighting%E2%80%8B/
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:02 pm

Compendium of gas related stuff on the way. Seems to me that when Ukraine signed the gas contract in 2009 they did not fully understand the potential implications of what they were agreeing to or thought it would never happen. The good bits they liked but now the unexpected parts, that they perhaps gambolled on not happening, have come back to bite them so they are squealing like a stuffed pig. It should be really difficult, if not impossible, to get out of a freely signed contract. This is another contract dispute, like the London $3B, that Ukraine seems to be gambling on political, in particular anti-Russian, pressure overturning contract terms.

From Interfax.ua today

The total claims of Russia's OJSC Gazprom against national joint-stock company Naftogaz Ukrainy for the take-or-pay condition outlined in the 2009 contracts and challenged in court could reach $60 billion by 2020, Naftogaz Ukrainy Commercial Director Yuriy Vitrenko has said.
    He said at a press conference in Kyiv on Thursday that Gazprom has accrued $31.4 billion today for this condition, and if we take into account the contract term, $29.5 billion more could be accrued.
    Taking into consideration the cost of the issue, Naftogaz Ukrainy is very careful in gas purchases from Gazprom aiming not to weaken its legal position in Stockholm, Vitrenko said.

The total claims of Russia's OJSC Gazprom against national joint-stock company Naftogaz Ukrainy for the take-or-pay condition outlined in the 2009 contracts and challenged in court could reach $60 billion by 2020, Naftogaz Ukrainy Commercial Director Yuriy Vitrenko has said.
    He said at a press conference in Kyiv on Thursday that Gazprom has accrued $31.4 billion today for this condition, and if we take into account the contract term, $29.5 billion more could be accrued.
    Taking into consideration the cost of the issue, Naftogaz Ukrainy is very careful in gas purchases from Gazprom aiming not to weaken its legal position in Stockholm, Vitrenko said.

Hearings by the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce in litigation between national joint-stock company Naftogaz Ukrainy and Russia's OJSC Gazprom over the natural gas supply and transit contracts signed early 2009 will start late September and late November or early December, respectively, Naftogaz Ukrainy Board Chairman Andriy Kobolev has said.
    He said at a press conference in Kyiv on Thursday that the decision on the gas supply contract would be made this year, but it is more likely to receive it early 2017.
    As reported, Naftogaz filed with the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce demanding that its transit contract be transferred to Ukrtransgaz and adapted to meet the requirements of the EU's Third Energy Package, and demanding to change the methods for calculating the transit tariffs in line with European standards and EU and Ukrainian energy and antimonopoly laws.
    Naftogaz seeks over $11.7 billion of compensation from Gazprom. The claims concern the non-fulfillment of the contract conditions until 2015 and they will be expanded, taking into account the claims of 2015.
    Naftogaz argues, with respect to its contract with Gazprom to supply natural gas signed in 2009, that the amount of its claims against the Russian company in the arbitration case that have been adjudicated since June 2014, in Stockholm, exceeds $12 billion. The claims are associated with the gas purchases made at rates higher than market ones in the period between 2010 (after the first demand was addressed to Gazprom to adjust the price according to current market levels as per the contract) and 2014.
    Naftogaz insists that the "take or pay" provision is a discriminating one, hence, combined with other conditions of the contract (specifically, the formula of the price and the ban for re-exports of gas) and as such cannot be applied in this instance.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:09 pm

Also a looming crisis with coal and they could be facing severe power cuts.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:09 pm

It is said that the Maidan Army plans to replace the pentagon stars in the rank insignia with the quadragon stars.

The quadragon stars is strikingly similar to the ones used in facist forces in WW2.

http://gazeta.ua/ru/articles/regions/_v-armii-dekomunizirovali-pogony-i-uniformu/708787
    http://strana.ua/news/21344-zhurnalist-soobshil-na-chi-znaki-razlichiya-pohozhi-novye-pogony-vooruzhennyh-sil-ukrainy.html
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:52 pm

From all indications it is 30 seconds before midnight, 27 July 1914.

All the diplomatic chatter with odds and ends happening, it don't look good, folks. Hope some cooler heads prevail.
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:11 pm

Very interesting articles from Fort Russ

Putin calls Obama, cancels region visits amidst Donbass escalation - Fort Russ

TASS: Russian Politics & Diplomacy - Russia concerned over redeployment of NATO-trained Ukrainian units towards Donbass

Winning the Diplomatic War: Russia calls Normandy Four meeting to stop Kiev offensive - Fort Russ

Summing it up, all the diplomatic chatter is just so Russia can say later "I told you so" and put the blame on Kiev as the aggressor.

I think this time there will be war.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:30 pm

Ispan wrote:Very interesting articles from Fort Russ

Putin calls Obama, cancels region visits amidst Donbass escalation - Fort Russ

TASS: Russian Politics & Diplomacy - Russia concerned over redeployment of NATO-trained Ukrainian units towards Donbass

Winning the Diplomatic War: Russia calls Normandy Four meeting to stop Kiev offensive - Fort Russ

Summing it up, all the diplomatic chatter is just so Russia can say later "I told you so" and put the blame on Kiev as the aggressor.

I think this time there will be war.

Very likely there will be a new war and I think Orcs will start it in time of Olympic games in Rio in August. 1 month more to wait and I hope Novorussian army is quietly mobilize all their reserves and bring heavy weapons secretly near the front line to prepare welcome comity for Orcs.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:20 am

medo wrote:

Very likely there will be a new war and I think Orcs will start it in time of Olympic games in Rio in August. 1 month more to wait and I hope Novorussian army is quietly mobilize all their reserves and bring heavy weapons secretly near the front line to prepare welcome comity for Orcs.
    When Kiev attacked last time they deployed the 'Russians are attacking' PR onslaught, with little or no facts, yet the West's MSM lapped it up. No doubt they would do the same again and, regardless of what Putin and others are saying this week, the West's MSM will still, especially after all the recent 'Russia is coming' NATO spiel, go for it. Let alone if at the same time they could accuse the Russians of trying to hurt the Olympics, given the athletics situation.

So Russia is going to get it in the neck even if it just stands in the background and does no more than last time to help. But given that situation what will it do?

Another point Putin has been making recently has been about US/NATO's moves East and how Russia is going to be forced to respond. The Donbas situation can be viewed as part of that scenario given US/NATO overt support to Kiev. Maybe this time the gloves will come off.

There are 10s of thousands of troops and gear in Eastern Ukraine, ready to fight. It would certainly make a military point to the powers in NATO about the fruitlessness of their plans in Northern Europe if the Russians rolled straight through the UA. Then another, probably bigger, political point by stopping at the oblast border. I bet there is a cell in the MoD in Moscow with that plan ready to go!
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:33 am

Russia warned the US to stop Saakashvili from starting war in 2008 and they laughed. Is history about to repeat?
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:21 pm

The US has waged genocide, fratricide and other misery around the World in recent times. The events in the US yesterday - 2 murders of black citizens by corrupt "cops" (ie corrupt filth) and the subsequent assassination of 5 back suggest that America isn't quite the peaceful beacon of stability Obummer would have us believe.

America DOES deserve payback for creating fratricide in the Ukraine. Dedollarisation is one step.
    But I wonder how many in the Kremlin (or connected with it) may consider another method?
    Many blacks and hispanics don't even consider themselves to be really American. Given the abuse of their human rights, its hardly surprising. So I wonder if a racial civil war or disorder might occur in America. Sponsored by those the US Establishment has shown utter contempt for..
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:01 pm

Firebird wrote:The US has waged genocide, fratricide and other misery around the World in recent times. The events in the US yesterday - 2  murders of black citizens by corrupt "cops" (ie corrupt filth) and the subsequent assassination of 5 back suggest that America isn't quite the peaceful beacon of stability Obummer would have us believe.

America DOES deserve payback for creating fratricide in the Ukraine. Dedollarisation is one step.
    But I wonder how many in the Kremlin (or connected with it) may consider another method?
    Many blacks and hispanics don't even consider themselves to be really American. Given the abuse of their human rights, its hardly surprising. So I wonder if a racial civil war or disorder might occur in America. Sponsored by those the US Establishment has shown utter contempt for..

Unless you're an American, your opinion means didly squat , and if you're an American, it still means didly squat.

My kids, Grandkids, and myself deserve NO payback for incidents in America we have no control over and contributed ZERO to, and likewise around the world.

Many blacks and hispanics in America are inter married with Anglos, especially in the South, and when you mess with family, family protects it's own.

If persons don't consider themselves to be Americans, they can get the hell out, just as if Russians don't consider themselves to be Russians, other Russians would not embrace that thinking.

The world is going to hell fast enough, and our President, imho, sows racial discord enough, without any help.

What happened in Dallas, imho, was homegrown terrorism. and the person that was one of the snipers, was following the ideology of the Black Panthers.

google Black Panthers if you are ignorant.
    jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Post  jhelb Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Firebird wrote:Given the abuse of their human rights, its hardly surprising. So I wonder if a racial civil war or disorder might occur in America. Sponsored by those the US Establishment has shown utter contempt for..

You make a good point but I doubt that the dovish Kremlin will facilitate the outbreak of a civil war in the US. I rather suspect China might, especially if the US continues to bully China in the Pacific.
    RTN
    RTN

Post  RTN Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:26 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    My kids, Grandkids, and myself deserve NO payback for incidents in America we have no control over and contributed ZERO to, and likewise around the world.

Agreed

Cowboy's daughter wrote:Many blacks and hispanics in America are inter married with Anglos, especially in the South, and when you mess with family, family protects it's own.

Disagree. Just about 1 per cent of blacks or hispanics are married to Anglos even in major cities like LA & NY. In south it's so low you can count on your fingers.

Cowboy's daughter wrote:The world is going to hell fast enough, and our President, imho, sows racial discord enough, without any help.

Just 122 more days to go. I'm voting Trump. Obama needs to be prosecuted.

Cowboy's daughter wrote:What happened in Dallas, imho, was homegrown terrorism. and the person that was one of the snipers, was following the ideology of the Black Panthers.

I'm not ignorant about black panthers but turns out this dickhead was ex US Army. So maybe you're correct - home grown terrorist.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:05 pm

RTN wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:

Agreed

Cowboy's daughter wrote:Many blacks and hispanics in America are inter married with Anglos, especially in the South, and when you mess with family, family protects it's own.

Disagree. Just about 1 per cent of blacks or hispanics are married to Anglos even in major cities like LA & NY. In south it's so low you can count on your fingers.

Cowboy's daughter wrote:The world is going to hell fast enough, and our President, imho, sows racial discord enough, without any help.

Just 122 more days to go. I'm voting Trump. Obama needs to be prosecuted.

Cowboy's daughter wrote:What happened in Dallas, imho, was homegrown terrorism. and the person that was one of the snipers, was following the ideology of the Black Panthers.

I'm not ignorant about black panthers but turns out this dickhead was ex US Army. So maybe you're correct - home grown terrorist.

Where I live, it isn't so low. I know many persons who are Latino/Latina and Anglo, and know persons who are Black/white, and also have Latina & black relatives, and I guarantee, if anyone comes for one, they will face all. It's like the movie "Next of Kin".

Black Panther party

https://vault.fbi.gov/Black%20Panther%20Party

New Black Panther party

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/new-black-panther-party

Dallas Sniper Connected to Black Separatist Hate Groups on Facebook

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/07/08/dallas-sniper-connected-black-separatist-hate-groups-facebook

Crowds line up to hug police officers in Dallas

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/national/crowds-line-hug-police-officers-dallas/nrttw/
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:45 pm

Kiev develops tactics for the dismemberment and the destruction of Donbass

The recent statement of the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko of intent "run" troops in the fighting in the Donbass heralded the intensification of hostilities. We have already expressed the assumption that the shelling of Donetsk, Makeyevka and Yasinovatskiy area is a red herring, but the brunt of the APU plans to apply to other sectors. As a result, on June 29 Ukrainian troops made ​​a record 830 attacks on the territory of the Donetsk People's Republic and attempted Front breakthrough in the area of Debaltsevo.

Despite the fact that after the fighting Ukrainian troops withdrew to their original positions, sluggish clashes in that area is still going on. The people's militia LNR reported that from 1 July 2, recorded 15 attacks on the part of the APU. Kyiv security forces fired at positions of the Republic of artillery caliber 152 mm, 82 mm mortars, BMP, ACS, LNG and small arms. The shelling took place on positions near such settlements as Golubovska, Lozove, Loginov, Veselogorovka, Kalinovo. In national police clarified that the Ukrainian artillery fire led from the Holy Trinity and Myronivsky.

July 1 Commander operational command "Donetsk" Major-General Dennis Sinenko reported that intelligence DNI continues to record increase in the number of Ukrainian art forbidden Minsk Agreement, along the line of contact, including Debaltsevo. "So, revealed the presence on Gorlovka direction of two artillery batteries - MLRS" Grad "and 152-mm self-propelled guns," Acacia ", two fire platoons - 122 mm howitzer D-30 and 120-mm mortar shells," - he said.

D. Sinenko also noted that last week in the work of the OSCE SMM in the territory controlled by the APU, in places lack of heavy weapons withdrawal was recorded. "So, there are no storage site twenty-two 152-mm self-propelled guns," Acacia ", - he continued - six 152-mm towed howitzer" MSTA-B ", seventeen 122-mm self-propelled guns," Carnation ", one 122-mm towed howitzer D -30, fifty-two tanks, fifteen 100-mm anti-tank guns MT-12 "rapier", twenty-one mortar caliber 82 and 120 mm and three 85-mm antitank gun D-44. "

It can be assumed that the clashes in Debaltsevo area will continue in the future. Firstly, from the control of the city depends on control of the junction of the Donetsk and Luhansk people's republics. The division of New Russia, to which Ukrainian law enforcers tend to the summer of 2014, is through Debaltsevo. Secondly, after the February 2015 Debaltsevskoy operation was called Svetlodarsk projection which is wedged deep into the territory of the DNI. It serves as a good springboard for deployment of offensive junta troops.

Former Defense Minister Igor Strelkov DNI believes that Ukrainian punitive activity during the recent fighting in two different heights allows them to control the track-Svetlodarsk Debaltsevo. "From a military point of view, they should be from these heights to beat, because these heights were taken at a time when Debalcevo was blocked when created Debaltsevsky boiler. Who owns these heights, he controls the road to Debaltsevo from the west. Accordingly, in order to eliminate the threat immediately to Debaltsevo, it is necessary to clear the height of the back of the Ukrainian military, "- he said.

A source in the military said DNR journalist "Rhythm of Eurasia" that the fighting in the area of Debaltsevo nature resemble clash at New Laspi in August last year. Then the junta's troops began actively probe the defense of people's republics, causing a major shock in Telmanovskiy area. APU is trying to establish control over the village to get to the district center Telmanovo, then take Novoazovsk and thus deprive the DNI landlocked. Currently, Ukrainian artillery works by Svetlodarsk to establish control over Logvinova and then on Debaltsevo.

The intensification of the fighting is not by chance coincided with the ultimatum, which Washington allegedly put Kiev on the adoption of the legislative framework provided for the Minsk Agreement. But even if we accept the junta and the electoral law in the Donbass, it does not intend to fulfill the main condition - to agree on documents with Donetsk and Lugansk.

The unwillingness of Kiev to go for a direct dialogue with the other side of the conflict is one of the main reasons for slipping implementation of the agreements. Kiev regime is well aware that the performance of a complex of measures will lead to the irreversible political reforms in the country, so in every way sabotaged the provision of DNR and LNR special status under the pretext of "acute on the front line." Proof of this are the words of the speaker of the Verkhovna Rada of Andrei Parubiya that at a meeting with US Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland said that Kiev is waiting for a complete cease-fire in the Donbass at a month to begin the execution of the Minsk agreements.

In turn, Moscow has repeatedly pointed to the need for direct dialogue between Kiev and the Donbas to end the conflict. So, speaking at a recent meeting of ambassadors and permanent representatives of the Russian Federation, Vladimir Putin said: "We sincerely hope that the settlement of the Ukrainian crisis has been reached as soon as possible, we will continue to work with members of" Norman format "and the United States. We would like to see Ukraine as a good neighbor, a predictable and civilized partner living in the world, first of all, to himself. " "To do this, in Kiev have finally come to understand the inevitability of a direct dialogue with the Donbas, with Donetsk and Luhansk, the need to fulfill its obligations under the Minsk package of measures and in their entirety", - said Russian President.

Unfortunately, it is unknown how many more innocent people will die before the Ukraine will want to begin to live "in peace with himself." But we can say with confidence that in two years the security forces Kiev noticeably improved tactics of warfare. Arrogant and wedging raids deep into the territory of the People's Republic that ended "boilers" are in the past, and they were replaced by the tactics of "cutting area". The legendary commander Igor Donets Bezler commented on the events at Debaltsevo: "The best option (for DSR - Ed.). -" Cut "area as a layer cake with the isolation and Uglegorsk Debaltsevo, Gorlovka and Yenakiyevo, Donetsk and Yasinovataya".

However, the armed forces of the DNI for today is a complete army, to draw conclusions from the past, so they were able to keep the enemy's advance. All the towns attacked by the APU, remained under the control of the republic's armed forces. The temporary success of Ukrainian law enforcers due to the fact that Minsk agreements prohibit to keep large forces near the front, respectively, the defenders of the DNI did not have enough weapons to repel the attack.

At the same time, we note that the junta's troops captured, according to some estimates, up to 4 km in the neutral zone, which is a good result in terms of a formal truce. It is also known that the Kiev command created from foreign mercenaries mobile groups of saboteurs who want to destabilize the situation in the entire line of contact. In this regard, we should expect further "probing" the defense of people's republics of Donbass.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:37 am

To add to Franco's post. Yesterday DNR operational commander general-major Denis Sinenkov indicated that around Donetsk from Staromikhailovka to Gorlovka ukrops pulled up the equivalent of an artillery brigade and a tank battalion, and that they are preparing to start offensive operations at Staromikhailovka and Gorlovka, and also at Dokuchaevsk. Also confirms that ukrops do have "Pion" "Tornado" "Smerch" and "Tochka" deployed well within distance from the front that is allowed by Minsk.

Slightly different. In DNR early harvest is in full swing primarily from Starobeshevo and down to south of Telmanovo. Last year ukrops tried to disrupt harvest by firing onto the fields, but so far nothing, yet curiously the fields on ukrops occupied land around Mariupol are on fire, airconditioning on combines?....
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:51 am

Khepesh wrote:To add to Franco's post. Yesterday DNR operational commander general-major Denis Sinenkov indicated that around Donetsk from Staromikhailovka to Gorlovka ukrops pulled up the equivalent of an artillery brigade and a tank battalion, and that they are preparing to start offensive operations at Staromikhailovka and Gorlovka, and also at Dokuchaevsk. Also confirms that ukrops do have "Pion" "Tornado" "Smerch" and "Tochka" deployed well within distance from the front that is allowed by Minsk.

Slightly different. In DNR early harvest is in full swing primarily from Starobeshevo and down to south of Telmanovo. Last year ukrops tried to disrupt harvest by firing onto the fields, but so far nothing, yet curiously the fields on ukrops occupied land around Mariupol are on fire, airconditioning on combines?....
    All sounds really nasty, especially the destructive power of those rockets, possibly with better trained operators now. Ukrops saving the fields for future smoke screens perhaps?
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:45 pm

Khepesh wrote:To add to Franco's post. Yesterday DNR operational commander general-major Denis Sinenkov indicated that around Donetsk from Staromikhailovka to Gorlovka ukrops pulled up the equivalent of an artillery brigade and a tank battalion, and that they are preparing to start offensive operations at Staromikhailovka and Gorlovka, and also at Dokuchaevsk. Also confirms that ukrops do have "Pion" "Tornado" "Smerch" and "Tochka" deployed well within distance from the front that is allowed by Minsk.

oh, that is good.
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:21 pm

I am surprised they have any Tochkas left. I remember from mp.net how even a Tochka from the late 1970s was used in 2014.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:40 pm

No idea how many they have left, but when they were using them they were reasonably accurate and always hit somewhere on the chemical re-agent plant by Kuibishevsky and at least one onTochmash. They had problems with the last two known to have been used, one said to have been shot down and another had a failed motor and crashed somewhere near Pervomaisk if I remember correctly. This is only a guess, but as traitors and American spy satellites will probably have let them know were those elements of the reserve they will want to do some damge to are located, they may fire as many as possible at those locations to attempt some distruption, not least hoping to cause some panic among civilians even if nothing of importance is hit. But I suspect there is the capability of taking down Tochka before they hit their targets.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:55 am