Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+54
jhelb
auslander
Big_Gazza
archangelski
Erlindur
Azi
cracker
nemrod
Hannibal Barca
zorobabel
Odin of Ossetia
AlfaT8
Resistance
crod
SeigSoloyvov
chinggis
KiloGolf
Shadåw
KoTeMoRe
Heartbeer
SturmGuard
max steel
medo
par far
higurashihougi
Viktor
Werewolf
x_54_u43
TheArmenian
VladimirSahin
GarryB
Project Canada
Karl Haushofer
Isos
OminousSpudd
franco
arpakola
d_taddei2
kvs
zg18
Solncepek
magnumcromagnon
Regular
Vann7
ultron
sepheronx
flamming_python
PapaDragon
JohninMK
George1
calm
GunshipDemocracy
Neutrality
Dima
58 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #8

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Syrian Civil War: News #8 - Page 15 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #8

Post  GunshipDemocracy Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:41 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:Ultron is back, my posts get deleted? What? Not deleted, just couldn't post.

This same post as in Russian involvement in Syria thread ? Very Happy
    zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:08 am

Turkish accounts on twitter claim there is a massive retreat right now from Kurdish mountain in northern Latakia. Erdogan is throwing towel in Syria`s coast land.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:14 am

zg18 wrote:Turkish accounts on twitter claim there is a massive retreat right now from Kurdish mountain in northern Latakia. Erdogan is throwing towel in Syria`s coast land.

Unlikely, Syria will most likely get split up into different "states". I don't see him throwing in any towel, unless those reports can be confirmed. I wouldn't bother with them.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:19 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    zg18 wrote:Turkish accounts on twitter claim there is a massive retreat right now from Kurdish mountain in northern Latakia. Erdogan is throwing towel in Syria`s coast land.

Unlikely, Syria will most likely get split up into different "states". I don't see him throwing in any towel, unless those reports can be confirmed. I wouldn't bother with them.

maybe related to this:

Erdogan Sends Putin an Olive Branch

The Turkish president has sent a letter to Vladimir Putin congratulating him on Russia's National Day. The Kremlin has confirmed receiving what is said to be the first letter from Ankara since a Russian bomber was downed by a Turkish jet in November 2015.

“The letter came through the Foreign Ministry channels,” Sputnik cited Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov as saying. In his letter, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan expressed hope that relations between the two countries would return to their previously strong level.

Dear Mr. President. On behalf of the Turkish people, I congratulate all Russians on Russia Day, and hope that the relations between Russia and Turkey will rise to the deserved level,” the letter said.

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/erdogan-sends-putin-olive-branch/ri14984

dunno

zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:20 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

They have lost last key positions in Jabal Al-Akrad, without reinforcements their remaining positions in Latakia are untenable. And it is all coinciding with Erdogans letter to Putin. Aleppo is far more important to Erdogan than Latakia.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:32 am

That would be a bit too easy... Suspect
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:35 am

KiloGolf wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

maybe related to this:

Erdogan Sends Putin an Olive Branch

The Turkish president has sent a letter to Vladimir Putin congratulating him on Russia's National Day. The Kremlin has confirmed receiving what is said to be the first letter from Ankara since a Russian bomber was downed by a Turkish jet in November 2015.

“The letter came through the Foreign Ministry channels,” Sputnik cited Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov as saying. In his letter, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan expressed hope that relations between the two countries would return to their previously strong level.

Dear Mr. President. On behalf of the Turkish people, I congratulate all Russians on Russia Day, and hope that the relations between Russia and Turkey will rise to the deserved level,” the letter said.

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/erdogan-sends-putin-olive-branch/ri14984

That makes little sense Lakakia province is pretty much already under SAA control minus a few areas.

Erodogan knows even if he gave up those last bits that wont please Putin he is still fighting for other areas in syria.

That letter was just your basic politic crap, Erodogan knows his nation and russia will never be on good terms for a decade at least.

dunno

zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:36 am

PapaDragon wrote:

That would be a bit too easy... Suspect

Erdogan has cornered himself to two choices, either play balls or start negotiating.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:37 am

zg18 wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

They have lost last key positions in Jabal Al-Akrad, without reinforcements their remaining positions in Latakia are untenable. And it is all coinciding with Erdogans letter to Putin. Aleppo is far more important to Erdogan than Latakia.

I'd need to see confirmation before I buy into anything like that even if Erodogan allows the last few areas of Latakia to fall is doesn't change anything, he just needs to win in Aleppo thats all.
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:47 am

Poland is deploying F-16s and troops to Syria. I do fear, NATO will attack the Khmeimim air base and destroy it. They know Russia does not dare retaliate just like Russia did not dare retaliate after Turkey shot down a Russian plane. Shocked  The Khmeimim air base is left with a reconciliation phone center. It is weakly guarded. Russia's actions have emboldened NATO.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:59 am

Resistance wrote:Poland is deploying F-16s and troops to Syria. I do fear, NATO will attack the Khmeimim air base and destroy it. They know Russia does not dare retaliate just like Russia did not dare retaliate after Turkey shot down a Russian plane. Shocked  The Khmeimim air base is left with a reconciliation phone center. It is weakly guarded. Russia's actions have emboldened NATO.

They'll be slaughtered if they tried that sh#t, S-400, pantsir-S1, SU-30/35s, Club-m or Iskander-M/K, bring it on baby. Twisted Evil attack
    Yes, 1 old SU-24 shot down, launch the nukes!!! Rolling Eyes
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:12 am

How many accounts does ultron need to make to get an IP:ban?
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:20 am

AlfaT8 wrote:
    Resistance wrote:Poland is deploying F-16s and troops to Syria. I do fear, NATO will attack the Khmeimim air base and destroy it. They know Russia does not dare retaliate just like Russia did not dare retaliate after Turkey shot down a Russian plane. Shocked  The Khmeimim air base is left with a reconciliation phone center. It is weakly guarded. Russia's actions have emboldened NATO.

They'll be slaughtered if they tried that sh#t, S-400, pantsir-S1, SU-30/35s, Club-m or Iskander-M/K, bring it on baby. Twisted Evil  attack

However, if they use HIMARS, that would be a problem.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:27 am

Resistance wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:

They'll be slaughtered if they tried that sh#t, S-400, pantsir-S1, SU-30/35s, Club-m or Iskander-M/K, bring it on baby. Twisted Evil  attack

Not for the SU-24/25/30/35, Pantsir, iskander and so on. Razz
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:34 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:How many accounts does ultron need to make to get an IP:ban?

Militarov only had to post wrong article for everyone to start shitting on him but ultron gets a free pass and blessing from the mods.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:36 am

......? I am sorry but no. There is no way in hell that would happen.

Also can you show where Poland has stated they are sending the PLF in.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:03 pm

HIMARS is just a truck with half a M270 on its back... Pantsir or TOR can shoot down its missiles and any model SMERCH can obliterate the launcher from 90km.

Militarov only had to post wrong article for everyone to start shitting on him but ultron gets a free pass and blessing from the mods.

Militarov posted flame bait and was told he posted flame bait... he was not banned or in any way prevented from posting here... you try to make it sound like he was driven away or crucified or some fucking thing... get over it.

I have not, and will not ban people for posting stupid shit... no matter who posts it. I will criticise when stupid shit is posted but unless a rule is broken I wont even consider banning anyone... deal with it.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:27 pm

GarryB wrote:

HIMARS is just a truck with half a M270 on its back... Pantsir or TOR can shoot down its missiles and any model SMERCH can obliterate the launcher from 90km.

Militarov posted flame bait and was told he posted flame bait... he was not banned or in any way prevented from posting here... you try to make it sound like he was driven away or crucified or some fucking thing... get over it.

I have not, and will not ban people for posting stupid shit... no matter who posts it. I will criticise when stupid shit is posted but unless a rule is broken I wont even consider banning anyone... deal with it.

Multiple sock-puppet accounts are permitted?
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:43 pm

Russia announces ceasefire in Aleppo. No. Russia has no control over what happens in Syria. There are no peacekeepers in Syria like there are in Donbas.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:46 pm

A must read Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

The Story of Patience, Prolouge

http://www.firstpost.com/world/washingtons-patience-is-not-infinite-john-kerry-tells-russia-syria-2836870.html?utm_source=FP_CAT_LATEST_NEWS

US Secretary of State John Kerry told Russia and Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Wednesday to respect a fragile ceasefire, warning that Washington's patience was running out.

"Russia needs to understand that our patience is not infinite, in fact it is very limited with whether or not Assad is going to be held accountable," Kerry said during a visit to Norway.

And The Story of Patience, Epilouge Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/dpb/2016/06/258523.htm

Syrian Civil War: News #8 - Page 15 Hahaha10
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Resistance wrote:Russia announces ceasefire in Aleppo. No. Russia has no control over what happens in Syria. There are no peacekeepers in Syria like there are in Donbas.

They could just be wanting to deal with Raqqa first rather then risk two fronts the SAA isn't big enough to handle two major fronts. You gotta remember russia only has Air Forces in Syria not ground troops.
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:16 pm

There is unconfirmed report of Russia offering collaboration with FSA in northern Aleppo against SDF and IS.
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:19 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Resistance wrote:Russia announces ceasefire in Aleppo. No. Russia has no control over what happens in Syria. There are no peacekeepers in Syria like there are in Donbas.

They could just be wanting to deal with Raqqa first rather then risk two fronts the SAA isn't big enough to handle two major fronts. You gotta remember russia only has Air Forces in Syria not ground troops.

Raqqa and Aleppo are both important. Aleppo is more important. Rebels in Aleppo get TOWs from Turkey. IS is comparably very weak compared to Aleppo rebels.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:56 pm

Resistance wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

Raqqa and Aleppo are both important. Aleppo is more important. Rebels in Aleppo get TOWs from Turkey. IS is comparably very weak compared to Aleppo rebels.

Aleppo is eventually lost the way it is already ,for Rebels terrorist. You cannot effectively live
    in a city where the only entry is withing artillery fire of Syria army and Syria and Russia airforce.
    The only benefit in real practice that will bring to Syria to capture the small part in aleppo city not yet captured , is to liberate some resources and move them to another front. but also Symbolical too .Capturing all Latakia and Idlib will make more sense since will push terrorist away from Russia airforce positions.  RAQQA  if captured will be more to block NATO from taking it.

All things said. if Syria and Russia continues pushing at the same rate and do not lose major territory,then eventually any part still in control by terrorist will be a failed zone , that will not have water or electricity and all basic supplies including water will have to come from Turkey.
    Terrorist in those zones will get tired of such living conditions and will leave.

So the situation in aleppo Already is like the western bank in palestine.

Syrian Civil War: News #8 - Page 15 Israel_map%231

it will be a total failed zone , under siege ,landlocked ,that will 100% depend on Turkey for every little thing. So as long Russia and Syria hold the siege ,terrorist will break sooner or later since Russia and Syria control the airspace over aleppo and the city is encircled.  when it comes to RAQQA and Idlib more failed states ,it will depend on Turkey for 100% of the supplies. albeit
    the conditions for living in idlib will be better but will be a temporary thing. Until Terrorist remove Russia airforce and Syria Government from power ,they will continue retaking 100%
    of all their territories little by little inch by inch. Just like Israel is doing in palestine.

So even more than Palestine ,that is backed by UN , as long Syria hold and Russia stay in control of airspace ,the zones of rebels will be doomed to vanish. Turkey economy will sink and will be unable to continue financing the terrorist.

Last edited by Vann7 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Syrian Civil War: News #8 - Page 15 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:57 pm

Syrian Army closes on the Turkish border

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-closes-turkish-border-map/

is it just me or sudden progress is being made in Latakia and rebels fleeing towns i am sure something is going on and the rebels and Turkey cant be trusted.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:16 am