Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    George1
    George1

    Posts : 14704
    Points : 15203
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia: - Page 22 Empty Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  George1 on Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:43 pm

    Czech citizens condemn decision to wrap Soviet marshal's statue in tarp — Russian embassy


    PRAGUE, August 31. /TASS/. The Russian Embassy in Prague said it had been receiving letters from Czech citizens condemning the municipal authorities’ decision to wrap in tarp a monument to Soviet military commander Ivan Konev in the Prague 6 district.
    Read also

    "The embassy has been receiving letters from Czech citizens who condemn this move by the municipal authorities. Many of them wonder which side would the incumbent municipal government of the Prague 6 district support during the World War II," the embassy said in a statement, posted on Facebook.

    "It should be noted that the radical decision to cover in tarpaulin the monument to one of those who saved Europe from horrors of Nazism was made in the run-up to the 80th anniversary of the most horrific military conflict in human history," the statement says.

    The Russian embassy views those actions as a yet another attempt to desecrate the memory of Red Army soldiers, who gave their lives to liberate Czechoslovakia from Nazi troops.

    Czech Presidential Spokesman Jiri Ovcacek condemned the municipal authorities’ decision earlier this week.

    The district’s head Ondrej Kolar said on Thursday that Konev’s monument falls victim to vandals at least two times a year, which, according to him, points to the local residents’ negative view of the Soviet military commander. The politician insists on removing the monument and relocating it to the territory of the Russian Embassy, also located in the Prague 6 district.

    The monument to Konev was placed in Prague in 1980 to commemorate the 35th anniversary of the liberation of the Czech capital from Nazi invaders by the 1st Ukrainian Front of the Soviet military forces, headed by Konev.

    https://tass.com/society/1075860
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 14704
    Points : 15203
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia: - Page 22 Empty Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  George1 on Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:09 am

    Johnson’s statement on World War II unacceptable, says Russian embassy


    The British PM said that in September 1939 Poland found itself "trapped between the hammer of fascism and the anvil of communism"

    LONDON, September 3. /TASS/. Russia’s Embassy in London has referred to the British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s words regarding the beginning of the World War II as unacceptable. PM said in a video message posted on Twitter late last week that in September 1939 Poland found itself "trapped between the hammer of fascism and the anvil of communism."

    "This statement, made on the day of the 80th anniversary of the beginning of the Second World War, is perplexing. With all historical discussions around the Soviet military operation in the eastern areas of Poland (Western Ukraine and Western Belarus), to describe things in a way that effectively equates the actions of the USSR to Hitler’s aggression is absolutely unacceptable. If one is to discuss who, apart from Hitler, is responsible for the Polish tragedy of 1939, one cannot avoid recalling the role of the British diplomacy that not only connived in the Nazis’ aggressive policies (remember Austria, Czechoslovakia, Memel), but also continuously frustrated Soviet proposals to build an efficient anti-Nazi alliance, including specifically to defend Poland," the diplomatic mission’s press service said in a statement.

    "This discussion may be lengthy, but let’s leave it to historians. A vast majority of Russians and Britons, when recalling the Second World War, pay tribute to the fallen and to the Soviet-British alliance. It is regrettable that the Prime Minister has chosen a different angle which, thankfully, does not enjoy much popularity in Britain," the embassy noted.
    https://tass.com/politics/1076129
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 6223
    Points : 6358
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia: - Page 22 Empty Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  kvs on Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:08 pm

    George1 wrote:

    Johnson’s statement on World War II unacceptable, says Russian embassy


    The British PM said that in September 1939 Poland found itself "trapped between the hammer of fascism and the anvil of communism"

    LONDON, September 3. /TASS/. Russia’s Embassy in London has referred to the British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s words regarding the beginning of the World War II as unacceptable. PM said in a video message posted on Twitter late last week that in September 1939 Poland found itself "trapped between the hammer of fascism and the anvil of communism."

    "This statement, made on the day of the 80th anniversary of the beginning of the Second World War, is perplexing. With all historical discussions around the Soviet military operation in the eastern areas of Poland (Western Ukraine and Western Belarus), to describe things in a way that effectively equates the actions of the USSR to Hitler’s aggression is absolutely unacceptable. If one is to discuss who, apart from Hitler, is responsible for the Polish tragedy of 1939, one cannot avoid recalling the role of the British diplomacy that not only connived in the Nazis’ aggressive policies (remember Austria, Czechoslovakia, Memel), but also continuously frustrated Soviet proposals to build an efficient anti-Nazi alliance, including specifically to defend Poland," the diplomatic mission’s press service said in a statement.

    "This discussion may be lengthy, but let’s leave it to historians. A vast majority of Russians and Britons, when recalling the Second World War, pay tribute to the fallen and to the Soviet-British alliance. It is regrettable that the Prime Minister has chosen a different angle which, thankfully, does not enjoy much popularity in Britain," the embassy noted.
    https://tass.com/politics/1076129

    NATO historical revisionism in action. They call western Belorus and Ukraine as "Poland" even though Poland grabbed these lands
    during its 1920 war of territorial expansion and aggression that took advantage of the weakened state of the former Russian Empire
    in the wake of the 1917 revolution. If you note how Stalin "carved" up "Poland" with Hitler you will see that the line follows the
    proper Polish border with Belorus and Ukraine. NATO propagandists always paint the "carve up" as some 50/50 split. Interesting
    how NATO is spazzing about Crimea rejoining Russia after its illegal annexation by Ukraine in 1991. These same scumbags use
    a totally different standard in the case of the lands illegally annexed by Poland in the early 1920s. Although there is a common
    thread of consistency as long as some pro-NATO element does the annexation then it is fully legit and lawful....

    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 6223
    Points : 6358
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia: - Page 22 Empty Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  kvs on Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:22 pm



    Some honest truth about alcoholism in the UK. Yet these sanctimonious prats actually believe that Russians are all swigging from vodka bottles all day long.
    It looks to me like the UK is the country with the real alcoholism problem.

    George1
    George1

    Posts : 14704
    Points : 15203
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia: - Page 22 Empty Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  George1 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:26 pm

    Majority of Prague residents condemn removal of monument to WWII Soviet marshal - Medinsky

    Czech President Milos Zeman, "a man of culture, has stated his negative opinion on the removal of the monument to Marshal Ivan Konev, he made his opinion known", Russian Minister of Culture Vladimir Medinsky said

    https://tass.com/society/1078167
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 14704
    Points : 15203
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia: - Page 22 Empty Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  George1 on Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:04 am

    Prague removes statue of Soviet General Ivan Konev who led the liberation of Prague in 1945.

    Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia: - Page 22 91805210

    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 6223
    Points : 6358
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia: - Page 22 Empty Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  kvs on Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:12 am

    George1 wrote:Prague removes statue of Soviet General Ivan Konev who led the liberation of Prague in 1945.

    Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia: - Page 22 91805210


    Next they will have the statues of real invaders erected. The Nazis and the Americans. Let them. Trash will be trash.

    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 24999
    Points : 25543
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia: - Page 22 Empty Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  GarryB on Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:57 am

    The irony is that in the US and the west all the PC liberal norks are demanding all sorts of historical figures have their statues removed because they were pro slavery or anti gay or some such bullshit... it is sad when a civilisation eats itself, but the old saying... when an enemy is making a mistake... don't interrupt them...
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 5915
    Points : 6066
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia: - Page 22 Empty Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:11 am

    GarryB wrote:The irony is that in the US and the west all the PC liberal norks are demanding all sorts of historical figures have their statues removed because they were pro slavery or anti gay or some such bullshit... it is sad when a civilisation eats itself, but the old saying... when an enemy is making a mistake... don't interrupt them...

    To be honest some of the 'Iconic' statues being torn down in the U.S. were more than justified. For example Confederate Generals, like why the hell did insurrectionist traitors who caused the deaths of +600,000 Americans, and hundreds of thousands more maimed in to being amputees' (field hospitals routinely had several piles of sawed off limbs) have statues dedicated to them in the first place? Tear them shits down!
    Viktor
    Viktor

    Posts : 5801
    Points : 6436
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 39
    Location : Croatia

    Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia: - Page 22 Empty Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Viktor on Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:19 pm

    George1 wrote:Majority of Prague residents condemn removal of monument to WWII Soviet marshal - Medinsky

    Czech President Milos Zeman, "a man of culture, has stated his negative opinion on the removal of the monument to Marshal Ivan Konev, he made his opinion known", Russian Minister of Culture Vladimir Medinsky said

    https://tass.com/society/1078167

    "they" = liberals say its about democracy but its not its about hatred hidden behind the masses they rule so every country in to West has only liberal option to chose from in the "elections" its a dictatorship of liberals. From the higher point of view we could say that liberal degenerates are being used as a battering ram by means of reasons to win harts and minds behind whose purely narcissistic self intrest ideal stands afterwards advancing its ideas into actions now without needed democratic approval.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 14704
    Points : 15203
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia: - Page 22 Empty Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  George1 on Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:07 pm

    Russian embassy in Czech Republic slams decision to expel Russian diplomats as provocation

    Czech Prime Minister Andrej Babis said on Friday that two staffers of the Russian embassy in the Czech Republic had been declared personae non gratae


    PRAGUE, June 5. /TASS/. The Russian embassy in Prague is deeply disappointed over the decision of the Czech government to expel two employees of the Russian diplomatic mission in the country, slamming it as a fabricated provocation. The embassy published a corresponding statement on Facebook on Friday.

    "This is a fabricated provocation. This unfriendly step which was based from the start on unfounded accusations of the media shows that Prague has no desire to normalize the Russian-Czech relations that have deteriorated recently through no fault of ours," the embassy said. "We are deeply disappointed by such an approach of our Czech partners that are leaving less and less space for constructive dialogue," the diplomats added.

    Czech Prime Minister Andrej Babis said in Prague on Friday that two staffers of the Russian embassy in the Czech Republic had been declared personae non gratae.

    The Czech media reported earlier, citing sources in the Czech special services, that in early April, a Russian national holding a diplomatic passport had allegedly arrived in Prague carrying ricin, a highly potent toxin. The man allegedly headed to the Russian embassy with the poison that could be aimed for several Czech municipal politicians.

    Czech Foreign Minister Tomas Petricek stated that the Foreign Ministry had tried to resolve the issue discreetly through diplomatic means, however its attempts failed. He stressed that Prague had no other choice but to declare two Russian diplomats personae non gratae. The Czech government understands that Russia is likely to provide a tit-for-tat response, Petricek admitted.

    https://tass.com/politics/1164583
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

    Posts : 972
    Points : 970
    Join date : 2015-12-30

    Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia: - Page 22 Empty Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Rodion_Romanovic on Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:02 am

    Some comments from a facebook page (translated from Italian) about an article by Victoria Nuland on Russia (saying that the article is anti-Russian is an understatement)


    The article by Victoria "FuckEU" Nuland (former US ambassador to Ukraine in the time of Maidan, assistant to Albright, Cheney and Bush jr, wife of the neocon Robert Kagan) makes it clear why Putin is wrong, if he expects anything good from this West  .  Sect fanaticism, illogical reasoning (Russia is both very powerful and very weak), still hungry for "colored revolutions", this time to be aroused in Moscow (Washington and its allies should "resist the Kremlin's attempts to cut its population out of the  outside world and talk directly to the Russian people about the benefits of working together and the price they paid for Putin's removal from liberalism. ")

    And here is the article from Victoria Nuland

    https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/russian-federation/2020-06-09/pinning-down-putin

    Sponsored content

    Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia: - Page 22 Empty Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:27 am