Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+78
limb
TMA1
Swgman_BK
andalusia
thegopnik
miketheterrible
Stefane
kvs
PhSt
JohninMK
gmsmith1985
Cheetah
mnztr
KeMac
Hole
AMCXXL
FulcrumPL
ZoA
The-thing-next-door
HM1199
Rmf
A1RMAN
Flanky
par far
13th_Warrior
kopyo-21
Svyatoslavich
franco
Benya
Zivo
archangelski
Isos
kiskertlugas
headshot69
NationalRus
Project Canada
User2245
zackyx
higurashihougi
RTN
nemrod
jhelb
Honesroc
victor1985
calripson
d_taddei2
Alex555
Morpheus Eberhardt
George1
GarryB
Giulio
redgiacomo
magnumcromagnon
Mike E
Werewolf
Mamut
Vann7
sepheronx
Diego-9
indochina
collegeboy16
Stealthflanker
KomissarBojanchev
TR1
Sujoy
Russian Patriot
SOC
Mindstorm
ASHRAF
ahmad_elsharkawy
Admin
IronsightSniper
psg
Austin
medo
mandeb48
havok
nightcrawler
82 posters

General Questions Thread:

George1
    George1

General Questions Thread: - Page 7 Empty Re: General Questions Thread:

Post  George1 Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:42 am

i know that may have been discussed again but i would like to clear it. Kh-15 missile is used or not?
    thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS-16_Kickback
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:26 am

I have heard it was withdrawn because despite there being planned MMW radar guided anti ship versions they never left the prototype stage so all of the operational Kh-15s were nuclear armed and primarily designed to take out enemy major radar bases and airfields ahead of a strategic cruise missile carrier or long range theatre strike aircraft.

Another issue was that its range of 250km and speed of mach 5 was surpassed by the Kh-32 even though the latter is a much larger missile and cannot be carried internally like the Kh-15 on rotary launchers.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:30 pm

George1 wrote:i know that may have been discussed again but i would like to clear it. Kh-15 missile is used or not?
    thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS-16_Kickback

Long removed from service.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:37 pm

In how many years will Russian Su-34, MiG-35 and Su-35 squadrons operate the onyx and Klub ASMs.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:51 am

Hard to say.

Will likely be a few years yet as they will want to produce them for the Navy in large numbers, while for the Air Force the priority will be the Kh-101/102 strategic weapons first.

Fortunately now they are spending money on high tech aircraft they are also spending money on high tech weapons for those aircraft which greatly improves their potential performance.
    Mamut

General Questions Thread: - Page 7 Empty Foreign Fighter Pilots

Post  Mamut Tue May 06, 2014 2:51 pm

Hello, I'm new on this forum and this is my first post and topic.

I've read on this on Wikipedia:

The Russian Armed Forces are accepting foreigners of any country to their ranks. Under a plan, posted on the ministry’s web site in 2010, foreigners without dual citizenship would able to sign up for five-year contracts – and will be eligible for Russian citizenship after serving three years. According to the amended law, a citizen of any foreign country aged 18-30 with a good command of Russian and a clean criminal record can now sign an initial five-year contract to join the Army.

Source: wikipedia/wiki/List_of_militaries_that_recruit_foreigners#R (I'm not able to post URL's at this time, so add the http : // en. prefix, and .org suffix to my link)

My question is simple:

Can a foreigner become a pilot of a MiG-29, Su-27 or Su-34 within Russian Armed Forces - Russian Air Force?

I am from Bosnia, 23 years of Age, in a country which has few broken MiG-21's and few SOKO Galeb's which are to be sold to Serbia for parts, in years to come.
    Mamut

Post  Mamut Tue May 06, 2014 8:12 pm

Anyone, please?

Respond.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed May 07, 2014 8:38 am

It is hard to give you a precise answer because no one here makes the rules on wo can join the Russian military and what roles you can play when you get through basic training.

I don't think foreign trained troops will be allowed to fly PAK FA or MiG-35 or Su-35 right away, but if you can prove yourself capable and trustworthy I see no reason why certainly you could not become a pilot and have a choice of planes to fly that would make me very jealous... Smile

Can you speak and write Russian?

Is this a whim, or are you prepared to work long and hard for it.
    Mamut

Post  Mamut Wed May 07, 2014 3:52 pm

GarryB wrote:It is hard to give you a precise answer because no one here makes the rules on wo can join the Russian military and what roles you can play when you get through basic training.

I don't think foreign trained troops will be allowed to fly PAK FA or MiG-35 or Su-35 right away, but if you can prove yourself capable and trustworthy I see no reason why certainly you could not become a pilot and have a choice of planes to fly that would make me very jealous... Smile

Can you speak and write Russian?

Is this a whim, or are you prepared to work long and hard for it.

Well flying a MiG-35 or PAK FA is just a dream, but I'd be satisfied with MiG-21, MiG-25, MiG-27 or MiG-29, and Su-27, Su-30, Su-34 (especially).

I'm from Bosnia (God dammed it), where we don't have any aviation and it's impossible to become a pilot here, even a civil one. We have few malfunctioned MiG-21's and SOKO Galeb's which are going to be sold to Serbia for parts, etc.

I'm attending a course of Russian next month and I hope I will get it right before 2015 (I'm Slavic already Smile).

And yes, I want a carrer as a pilot, not a quickie flight and go home.

(Many ex-Yugoslavs made their carrers in Russia and Soviet Union before (Josip Broz Tito in NKVD, being one of them), so that's what floats my boat right now)

If there's anyone here who could confirm me that I can become a pilot in 10-12 years, I'd be more than happy to read that statement!

Thanks Smile
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu May 08, 2014 3:43 am

I am in no position to make any promises... I don't know what sort of situation the Russian AF finds itself in at the moment, but it is inducting a lot of new aircraft fairly rapidly and I suspect they will need to expand the number of pilots they have accordingly. I would expect flying modern aircraft would appeal to quite a few Russians so I would suspect competition will be fierce, so best of luck.

I personally enjoy playing flight simulators and would think pilot of a UAV or UCAV would be appealing but I am too old to join the Russian military myself.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:53 am

Does anyone know if Russian Air Force is going to buy Kazan Ansat-2RC Light Attack Helicopter?

General Questions Thread: - Page 7 KazanAnsat2oClock
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:03 am

AFAIK, it was designed to be sold to less developed countries like in Africa and at maximum to be used for boarder guards, but unlikley for russian VVS to be bought. They have nothing what the rest of Mil and Kamovs can't do.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:46 am

It might be a useful light armed attack helo, but its role in Russia would largely be taken by drones.

The standard ANSAT model is being bought by the Russian AF for training and light purposes, but the light armed model is without a purpose for the Russian military.

THE MVD border patrol might find them useful however...
    Vann7

General Questions Thread: - Page 7 Empty Bunker buster weapons

Post  Vann7 Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:05 am

I was reading that US was working in anti bunker weapons that could penetrate about 300 feet of solid rock or concrete to counter IRANIAN nuclear facilities.  Anyone knows if RUssia have anti bunker penetrating weapons that could do that without relying in brute force nuclear weapons?
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:26 am

Vann7 wrote:

I was reading that US was working in anti bunker weapons that could penetrate about 300 feet of solid rock or concrete to counter IRANIAN nuclear facilities.  Anyone knows if RUssia have anti bunker penetrating weapons that could do that without relying in brute force nuclear weapons?
    300 feet? That is impossible!
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:56 am

Vann7 wrote:

From what I heard those super bunker busters were actually tactical nuclear warheads, the irony is that the whole empty rhetoric about "we must stop Iran before they obtain a nuke" fails miserably when they advocate the use of nuclear weapons against a non-nuclear country, which never ceases to amaze me! Then again these are the same pathetic neo-cons who cry and whine about North Korea's very limited nuclear capability, only for it come out that Donald Rumsfeld sold '2' nuclear reactors to North Korea, and those same neo-cons would never hold one of their own accountable (Hell he was even promoted to the White house):

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/rumsfeld-was-on-abb-board-during-deal-with-north-korea/3176922
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:07 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:

From what I heard those super bunker busters were actually tactical nuclear warheads, the irony is that the whole empty rhetoric about "we must stop Iran before they obtain a nuke" fails miserably when they advocate the use of nuclear weapons against a non-nuclear country, which never ceases to amaze me! Then again these are the same pathetic neo-cons who cry and whine about North Korea's very limited nuclear capability, only for it come out that Donald Rumsfeld sold '2' nuclear reactors to North Korea, and those same neo-cons would never hold one of their own accountable (Hell he was even promoted to the White house):

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/rumsfeld-was-on-abb-board-during-deal-with-north-korea/3176922
    Very ironic... The worst part is that the general American public would probably support something like that!
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:21 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:

The entire US is ironic and hypocritical where ever you look.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:07 pm

...And they are too idiotic to know that....
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:42 pm

Mike E wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:

US already have bombs that can penetrate 200 feet.. GBU-57A/B

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massive_Ordnance_Penetrator

And as i said they were working in a bomb that could penetrate 300 feet .. You need big cargo planes like  B-52
    to carry such bombs. They are likely nuclear low level reaction they used to destroy the world trade center in 9/11 ALCIADA attacks.  I think the chemical reaction totally melts rock and reinforced concrete and steel. Of course Russia have no need for those weapons  ,they are happy enough with big nukes.. but was wondering if Russia had massive anti bunker weapons as heavy as that.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:05 pm

13.000 kg bomb... Russia does not neet 13.000kg and it does not even need to penetrate the bunker just drop it somehwere near an exist/entrance a FOAB that weights less and will vaporize every bacteria inside the bunker complex.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:17 am

Vann7 wrote:
    Mike E wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:

US already have bombs that can penetrate 200 feet.. GBU-57A/B

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massive_Ordnance_Penetrator

And as i said they were working in a bomb that could penetrate 300 feet .. You need big cargo planes like  B-52
    to carry such bombs. They are likely nuclear low level reaction they used to destroy the world trade center in 9/11 ALCIADA attacks.  I think the chemical reaction totally melts rock and reinforced concrete and steel. Of course Russia have no need for those weapons  ,they are happy enough with big nukes.. but was wondering if Russia had massive anti bunker weapons as heavy as that.
    That is still a hundred feet deep short...

They are too big to be used anyway! Friggin' 14,000 kg!
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:10 pm

The problem with these deep bunkers is not their depth, it is their precise location and layout.

If I said I had an underground lair that is 200ft down a 300ft penetrator is only as useful as your accurate knowledge of where my bunker actually is.

If standard bombs are useless under 300ft of granite then a 300ft miss to one side or the other will be equally useless even with a miracle 300ft penetrator.

Now if you are bombing Chinese embassies, or trying to bring down cable cars or taking out Japanese fishing boats near Hawaii then I would have confidence in US military intelligence to get the job done.

Even if they could pin point the target precisely flying such an enormous bomb to near that sort of target would enable the Iranians to set up a single TOR battery to hit the incoming penetrator and damage it to the point where it will likely just splatter on the surface, if not detonate mid air.... or at the very least have its control surfaces blown off and miss the target area by a wide margin... making it to all intents and purposes useless.... more so if it is nuclear...
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:36 am

GarryB wrote:The problem with these deep bunkers is not their depth, it is their precise location and layout.

If I said I had an underground lair that is 200ft down a 300ft penetrator is only as useful as your accurate knowledge of where my bunker actually is.

If standard bombs are useless under 300ft of granite then a 300ft miss to one side or the other will be equally useless even with a miracle 300ft penetrator.

Now if you are bombing Chinese embassies, or trying to bring down cable cars or taking out Japanese fishing boats near Hawaii then I would have confidence in US military intelligence to get the job done.

Even if they could pin point the target precisely flying such an enormous bomb to near that sort of target would enable the Iranians to set up a single TOR battery to hit the incoming penetrator and damage it to the point where it will likely just splatter on the surface, if not detonate mid air.... or at the very least have its control surfaces blown off and miss the target area by a wide margin... making it to all intents and purposes useless.... more so if it is nuclear...
    Great point... Plus, added layers of "armor" (newer mixes of concrete and composite matrices etc.) combined with a naturally hard shape (triangles and domes) should fend off everything but a direct hit.
    redgiacomo
    redgiacomo

Post  redgiacomo Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:20 pm

Hi guys! has anyone informations regarding the habits of the Russian fighter pilots? How long and whereby
    is structured their training? How pilots call each other during the radio communications? Is there a standard identification word or code for enemy airplanes during the fight?Up to what age can pilots fly ?
    And finally on average how many flight hours per year they get?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:24 am