Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Syrian Civil War: News #6

    avatar
    ultron

    Posts : 588
    Points : 569
    Join date : 2015-09-18

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  ultron Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:58 pm

    SAA has 300 km range M-600. Very deadly. If Turkish artillery strikes do not stop, then say bye bye to Turkish dams.
    Dima
    Dima

    Posts : 1127
    Points : 1140
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  Dima Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:01 pm

    The best solution is to give YPG 152mm SPH (which is highly unlikely), so better next provide them with a dozen or two of 152mm Msta-B and make this shelling stuff a localised stuff and buy time to complete the task at hand which is to clean as much territory as possible from the international terrorists.

    This is exactly what SAA and Russia is doing, concentrating on the primary objectives without taking the Murican/Turkisn/Saudi bait and escalating it further. Russia/Syria will only escalate it at a time of their choosing and not at a time preferable for the international terrorists.



    Rook ‏@2Rook14 37 minutes ago
    #Syria: #SAA/#NDF have taken the town of Barlehiyah in Eastern #Aleppo
    http://wikimapia.org/26075535/Barlehiyah


    I so much wished there was 152mm 2A61 in active service.
    Rook ‏@2Rook14  27 minutes ago
    #Syria: PHOTO (corrected): An #SAA Soldier infront of three 122mm D-30s in reef #Latakia.
    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 CbMCT7YUsAAz-G9
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  Guest Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:02 pm

    sepheronx wrote:3 - 5 mobile arty units? Not really impressive, especially for people whom are banking the table and saying they will invade...,, yeah, Turkey does look like a two bit nation.


    Dunno if I am laye on the news but: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160214/1034747595/syrian-army-raqqa.html

    SAA takes key height in Raqqa.

    I guess they have few positions from which they are firing, this being one. They are not worried about counter battery that is for sure. Even fuel support truck is just 30m away.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  Guest Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:08 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    Militarov wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 CbLyL5jWEAEHzFe

    Few more

    It's a bit weird seeing those arty emplacements for their SPHs and yet few meters behind there's a large-ish command post/camp at elevated ground (...) lacking any fortification whatsoever. They're "sort of worried" about counter-artillery but not as much (...), maybe PKK ATGMs is something they worry. But still, if you're going to use SPHs against an opponent with artillery and possibly Air Force (precision munition can cross the border), it's preferable to fire, move out, fire, move out, etc or if using them as stationary pieces all day-long, prepare the groung properly.

    Turkish Army is giving out Ukropian vibes all over, or dare I say Saudi ones as well. The lack of camo/anti-IR nets and retarded US Army Europe 3-color camo on the SPHs and camp vehicles wins the cake.

    Upon seeing these images most concerned parties are having a laugh. lol1

    They have just small digouts around pieces themself, but its not properly made, those things are supposed to be tall at least up to half of turret. I think they are aware Kurds dont have enough capable artillery to counter them so they dont waste time and fuel on mobility. But yeah whole pic looks quite wrong.
    avatar
    ultron

    Posts : 588
    Points : 569
    Join date : 2015-09-18

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  ultron Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:14 pm

    SAA shelled Turkish Islamist artillery positions. Inflicted casualty unknown at this point.

    http://lifenews.ru/news/185132

    Remember, the war in Syria is a war against Islamists and that includes Turkey and Saudi Arabia.
    Dima
    Dima

    Posts : 1127
    Points : 1140
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  Dima Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:20 pm

    Iran's MoD set to visit Russia for military talks and I wish and hope there is an agreement for opening a Russian forward operating base in Iran.


    Hassan Ridha ‏@sayed_ridha 4 hours ago
    Druze in #Israel-i occupied Golan demonstrate in support of #Syria & #SAA
    https://twitter.com/sayed_ridha/status/698859172704571392

    Hassan Ridha ‏@sayed_ridha 3 hours ago
    #SAA Maj. Gen. Isaam Zahereddine in #DeirEzzor Airbase
    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 CbLft1EUAAIKKbK


    Wish this to be true... but not just radars, they need to be given AD missiles also so that they can fight the terrorists in the south bordering Israel without the fear of Isreali airstrikes in support of the terrorists and just in case Israel do venture, they do not get a free run and get some pain in return.
    Hassan Ridha Retweeted
    Brasco_Aad ‏@Brasco_Aad  4 hours ago
    #Israel: ' #Russia gave #Hezbollah highly advanced Radars to identify and to lock on to ALL Israeli fighter Jets.'
    https://twitter.com/Brasco_Aad/status/698853639662735360
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 4123
    Points : 4155
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  franco Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:24 pm

    The West accuses Russia and the SAA of not fighting IS so here is the present areas of conflict;

    1. East Aleppo - major operation with another village taken today and heavy fighting in another.
    2. Raqqah - operation to regain the Tabaqa Military Airport. This position overlooks the main route from Turkey to Raqqah City, the capital of the ISIS.
    3. SE Hama / NE Homs border area - fighting mostly from the Hama side but pressure on the other side from Homs. Two villages liberated yesterday.
    4. Palmyra - strong IS forces fighting with a division strength SAA force
    5. Quaryatayn - brigade plus SAA force attempting to encircle and liberate that city.
    6. Al Jarajir area of Damascus province. SAR attacking from the east while the Lebanese Army attacks on the West (most of the IS are inside Lebanon here)
    7. Damascus City suburbs - 3-4,000 IS fighters surrounded in the Palestinian Refuge Camp. Ceasefire at this time.
    8. North Suwayda - SAA attempting to eject the remaining IS from this mainly Druze province.
    9. Der ez-Zor - city under intense siege from IS. Defended by 2 SAA regular brigades and militiamen.
    Dima
    Dima

    Posts : 1127
    Points : 1140
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  Dima Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:31 pm

    With or without Turkish shelling, SAA will take Kinisba (or any other location) as per their plan. They are in preparation for the strike and have prepared/preparing the ground for the assault. Like earlier assaults we saw in the last few months, once SAA have prepared the perimeter, they storm and gets the job done in 2-3 days. I hope Kinnisba wont be any different, even though terrorists have send reinforcements from Idlib.

    Islamic World News ‏@A7_Mirza  3 hours ago
    3 possible axis to #Kinissba
    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 CbLkJGnWIAIk0Ob
    Dima
    Dima

    Posts : 1127
    Points : 1140
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  Dima Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:35 pm

    franco wrote:The West accuses Russia and the SAA of not fighting IS so here is the present areas of conflict;

    1. East Aleppo - major operation with another village taken today and heavy fighting in another.
    2. Raqqah - operation to regain the Tabaqa Military Airport. This position overlooks the main route from Turkey to Raqqah City, the capital of the ISIS.
    3. SE Hama / NE Homs border area - fighting mostly from the Hama side but pressure on the other side from Homs. Two villages liberated yesterday.
    4. Palmyra - strong IS forces fighting with a division strength SAA force
    5. Quaryatayn - brigade plus SAA force attempting to encircle and liberate that city.
    6. Al Jarajir area of Damascus province. SAR attacking from the east while the Lebanese Army attacks on the West (most of the IS are inside Lebanon here)
    7. Damascus City suburbs - 3-4,000 IS fighters surrounded in the Palestinian Refuge Camp. Ceasefire at this time.
    8. North Suwayda - SAA attempting to eject the remaining IS from this mainly Druze province.
    9. Der ez-Zor - city under intense siege from IS. Defended by 2 SAA regular brigades and militiamen.    
    Good summary.... earlier reports said that SAA was fighting on 15 fronts of the total 17 or so. With Raqqa front now going active it might be now 16 active fronts...probably they have cooled off some other fronts?

    Dima
    Dima

    Posts : 1127
    Points : 1140
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  Dima Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:50 pm

    Военный Советник ‏@miladvisor 17 hours ago
    Military situation in #Latakia mountains 13/2/16.#SAA taken #Ara and #Kifartah
    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 CbImsgnW8AEu1oL


    Aldin Abazović ‏@Ald_Aba 2 minutes ago
    Aldin Abazović Retweeted N i d a l
    Preparation ongoing for joint exercise "Northern Thunder" with #Kuwait #KSA along Iraqi border
    https://twitter.com/Nidalgazaui/status/698872151588392961
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 4123
    Points : 4155
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  franco Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:55 pm

    In addition the Kurds are attacking in one location and have been supplied with 4 planeloads of weapons to launch offensives in two other areas.

    1. Tishrin - Kurds have crossed the Euphrates and establishing a bridge head with intent to take Manbij.
    2.  Al Hasakah - push down towards Dier ez-Zor
    3. Al Quantari - push down towards Raqquah

    NOTES:

    - the Kurds are leery of 2 and 3 as these are not Kurdish areas and they would not be staying even if they capture land. The Russians want them to exert pressure and tie down IS fighters.
    - the IS forces are fast getting overextended with first having to reinforce the Palmyra area to block the SAA, then to reinforce East Aleppo against the SAA and then the Kurds at Tishrin. Finally the big push to finish off Der ez-Zor for which they even transferred forces from Iraq. All the time getting bombed constantly by the VKS. Plus their recruiting has almost dried up.
    - the Tabaqa drive by the SAA is not facing heavy resistance even though there was twitter talk for a month from the media and soldiers.


    Last edited by franco on Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 4123
    Points : 4155
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  franco Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:01 pm

    Dima wrote:
    franco wrote:The West accuses Russia and the SAA of not fighting IS so here is the present areas of conflict;

    1. East Aleppo - major operation with another village taken today and heavy fighting in another.
    2. Raqqah - operation to regain the Tabaqa Military Airport. This position overlooks the main route from Turkey to Raqqah City, the capital of the ISIS.
    3. SE Hama / NE Homs border area - fighting mostly from the Hama side but pressure on the other side from Homs. Two villages liberated yesterday.
    4. Palmyra - strong IS forces fighting with a division strength SAA force
    5. Quaryatayn - brigade plus SAA force attempting to encircle and liberate that city.
    6. Al Jarajir area of Damascus province. SAR attacking from the east while the Lebanese Army attacks on the West (most of the IS are inside Lebanon here)
    7. Damascus City suburbs - 3-4,000 IS fighters surrounded in the Palestinian Refuge Camp. Ceasefire at this time.
    8. North Suwayda - SAA attempting to eject the remaining IS from this mainly Druze province.
    9. Der ez-Zor - city under intense siege from IS. Defended by 2 SAA regular brigades and militiamen.    
    Good summary.... earlier reports said that SAA was fighting on 15 fronts of the total 17 or so. With Raqqa front now going active it might be now 16 active fronts...probably they have cooled off some other fronts?


    I would suspect some of these are included in overall Fronts like #3,4 and 5 are probably considered 1 as they are all in the same general area supporting one goal.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 4213
    Points : 4230
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:02 pm

    Militarov wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:Turkish aggression seems to have worked as it stopped both the Kurdish advance at the strategic city of Aza and Tel Rifaat and it also stopped the Syrian advance in the city of Kinsibba in Latakia province. Turkish artillery shelling at the Syrian positions enabled the jihadist groups recapturing two villages previously captured by the Syrian army.

    One source claims that an entire company of Syrian soldiers were killed by the Turkish artillery shells in Latakia province.

    Turkish intervention (well, aggression) proved to be successful and now Syria, Iran and Russia have a problem. Turkey can seriously harm the Syrian army (and the Kurds) by shelling them from their own territory in the northern parts of Syria. Turkey does not have to use their own aviation and go into Syrian air space to reach at least some of it’s goals in Syria.

    In order for Syria, Iran and Russia to take out the Turkish threat they would need to take out the Turkish artillery positioned in Turkish soil. That would be seen as a serious escalation by Turkey and the West and would give them a reason for further interventions in Syria (and maybe even attack the Russian base in Latakia which is within the reach of Turkish artillery).

    This is a very complicated and difficult position for Russia, since Russia cannot afford a full scale war with Turkey and on the other hand Russia cannot afford Turkey to cause more serious casualties for the Syrian military.

    One does not kill whole 100+ men company with an artillery fire. Unless they were all sleeping in one 5x5m garage.

    It's not one source it was reported by pro-SAA people. That a company of men around Kesab in 2014 was supressed and was forced to retreat incurring massive casualties in 2014. Turks also killed about a dozen of people in 2012 a series of strikes. So yes one strikes a whole company of people when the guys down there are blind and sourrounded.
    avatar
    short_fuze

    Posts : 272
    Points : 272
    Join date : 2015-12-09

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  short_fuze Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:09 pm

    Dima wrote:With or without Turkish shelling, SAA will take Kinisba (or any other location) as per their plan. They are in preparation for the strike and have prepared/preparing the ground for the assault. Like earlier assaults we saw in the last few months, once SAA have prepared the perimeter, they storm and gets the job done in 2-3 days. I hope Kinnisba wont be any different, even though terrorists have send reinforcements from Idlib.

    Islamic World News ‏@A7_Mirza  3 hours ago
    3 possible axis to #Kinissba
    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 CbLkJGnWIAIk0Ob

    Ziaf Fadel claims the SAA have moved and Kinsibba is now encircled. He lists a large number of villages/hilltops that are currently under attack.

    Ruwaysat Al-Malik (Summit of the king)
    Dhahrat Ardh Al-Ghadr  (Summit of treacherous land) (~ 3 km east of Kinsibba)
    Ruwaysat Wataa Al-Sindiyaan (Summit of the Lowlands of the evergreen oaks)
    Ruwaysat Wataa Al-Jawz  (Summit of the Lowlands of the walnuts)
    Nihsibba (~3 km south-east)
    South Al-Zuwayqaat
    Al-Shaykh ‘Abdullah
    Al-Ruwaysat Mountain
    Ruwaysat Abu ‘Ali
    al-Baydhaa`
    Waadi Ardh Qurtub (Valley of Qurtub’s Land)

    http://syrianperspective.com/2016/02/syrian-army-scores-titanic-victories-as-sterile-cease-fire-looms-kinsibba-enveloped-10-isis-rats-killed-in-hama.html

    Some of these places are difficult to locate. I've marked the distance and direction of those that I have located.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  Guest Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:12 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:Turkish aggression seems to have worked as it stopped both the Kurdish advance at the strategic city of Aza and Tel Rifaat and it also stopped the Syrian advance in the city of Kinsibba in Latakia province. Turkish artillery shelling at the Syrian positions enabled the jihadist groups recapturing two villages previously captured by the Syrian army.

    One source claims that an entire company of Syrian soldiers were killed by the Turkish artillery shells in Latakia province.

    Turkish intervention (well, aggression) proved to be successful and now Syria, Iran and Russia have a problem. Turkey can seriously harm the Syrian army (and the Kurds) by shelling them from their own territory in the northern parts of Syria. Turkey does not have to use their own aviation and go into Syrian air space to reach at least some of it’s goals in Syria.

    In order for Syria, Iran and Russia to take out the Turkish threat they would need to take out the Turkish artillery positioned in Turkish soil. That would be seen as a serious escalation by Turkey and the West and would give them a reason for further interventions in Syria (and maybe even attack the Russian base in Latakia which is within the reach of Turkish artillery).

    This is a very complicated and difficult position for Russia, since Russia cannot afford a full scale war with Turkey and on the other hand Russia cannot afford Turkey to cause more serious casualties for the Syrian military.

    One does not kill whole 100+ men company with an artillery fire. Unless they were all sleeping in one 5x5m garage.

    It's not one source it was reported by pro-SAA people. That a company of men around Kesab in 2014 was supressed and was forced to retreat incurring massive casualties in 2014. Turks also killed about a dozen of people in 2012 a series of strikes. So yes one strikes a whole company of people when the guys down there are blind and sourrounded.

    We are talking about last night here, those reports were fales.

    And about that what happened in 2014. i highly doubt "whole company" was killed, retreated sure, suffered loses, sure. But if they had over 30-40% loses it was their fault then. Unless they were hit while in vehicles or they were smart enough to sleep all in 1 house i dont see how something of a sort can happen or they were shelled for 48 hours which i dont recall happening.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 4961
    Points : 4985
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:23 pm

    KAS sends ellitew troops to Syria. lol! lol! lol!


    https://twitter.com/J_a_f_f_e_r/status/698728577773256704

    Could not help Twisted Evil


    franco
    franco

    Posts : 4123
    Points : 4155
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  franco Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:34 pm

    Jordan making some sense;

    http://www.defensenews.com/story/war-in-syria/2016/02/14/syria-quicksand-saudi-forces/80282096/
    Dima
    Dima

    Posts : 1127
    Points : 1140
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  Dima Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:41 pm

    Ibrahim Joudeh ‏@Ibra_Joudeh  2 hours ago
    #Happy #Valentine's Day , Russian Style over #Daraa
    From #Russia with Love
    https://twitter.com/Ibra_Joudeh/status/698898600475172865


    Footage of #SAA in #Latakia with GoPro cam and Russian Mi-24 CAS #syria



    Leith Abou Fadel Retweeted
    Nour Samaha ‏@Nour_Samaha  3 hours ago
    Syrian oppsition Kamal Labwani in Tel Aviv: calls 4 #Israeli military intervention in #Syria & 'safe zones' in south http://www.wattan.tv/news/163565.html
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 7326
    Points : 7475
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:03 pm

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:KAS sends ellitew troops to Syria.   lol!  lol!  lol!


    https://twitter.com/J_a_f_f_e_r/status/698728577773256704

    Could not help Twisted Evil



    Yeah the Saudi-Might brigades lmao!!! Embarassed lol1
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 4094
    Points : 4178
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  medo Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:56 pm

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:KAS sends ellitew troops to Syria.   lol!  lol!  lol!


    https://twitter.com/J_a_f_f_e_r/status/698728577773256704

    Could not help Twisted Evil



    So Yemeni front is now open for Jesus flipflops to go up to Iraqi border. Very Happy
    avatar
    ultron

    Posts : 588
    Points : 569
    Join date : 2015-09-18

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  ultron Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:59 pm

    Reports of Turkish special forces entered Syria and fighting alongside Qaeda in Azaz against Kurds.

    https://twitter.com/RamiAlLolah/status/698949208733257728
    avatar
    ultron

    Posts : 588
    Points : 569
    Join date : 2015-09-18

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  ultron Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:12 pm

    Confirmed. Turkish ground forces crossed border and invaded Syria. War has began!

    http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/samdan-100-turk-askeri-suriyeye-girdi-iddiasi-40054516
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7088
    Points : 7356
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 31
    Location : Canada

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  sepheronx Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:39 pm

    Any other sources? They say reuters but I just checked, nothing.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 4961
    Points : 4985
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:53 pm

    Looks like VKS vs snackbar move




    magnumcromagnon wrote:  Yeah the Saudi-Might brigades lmao!!! Embarassed lol1

    One virgin motorized next 49 in paradise  Smile



    medo wrote:

    So Yemeni front is now open for Jesuis flipflops to go up to Iraqi border. Very Happy

    Iraqi looks like stepped up border protection against KSA intrusion. Let me guess with Iran helping set ballistic missiles on course...
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

    Posts : 279
    Points : 279
    Join date : 2015-09-21

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  zorobabel Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:18 pm

    I think the Kurds can handle the Turks. I was there for 2 years during the height of the PKK violence. Ocalanist Kurds are scrappy fighters, more like Armenians than Arabs -- very different from the Kurds in northern Iraq.

    I remember once the PKK fighters blew up two army vans. Killed 16 of them. The next day the news headlines said '2 dead in attack', lol.

    Sponsored content

    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat May 08, 2021 4:01 am