Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Something that must be shared - Scene from "My Dinner with Andre"

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Something that must be shared - Scene from "My Dinner with Andre" Empty Something that must be shared - Scene from "My Dinner with Andre"

Post  sepheronx on Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:38 am

I figured that since I never actually watched this movie even when given the chance, now I regret that I didn't.  Now, most would consider Andre's words nothing more than just banter, but this isn't some random tinfoil hat, thought provoking idea.  This is something that has been brought forward for years....decades.  Maybe even longer.  But more or less, what was said in this film from the 80's is something that we live with now.  Maybe it is because we have been following this path that many have already seen what the outcome is, years before, and only just stating what the obvious is, will be and always be.

This was posted as a comment on zerohedge from here:
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-20/america-9-words

y3maxx

Scene from 1981 film "My Dinner with Andre"...fortells the current state of the world....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om8oNnETbNo

Big shout out to Gregory Julian Klymkiw, Canada's renown and curmudgeon of feature length film reviews for posting this clip on his blog...

http://klymkiwfilmcorner.blogspot.ca/

But the further I read on in the comment section, someone posted something that was so obvious through history, and yet most forget:

Felix da Kat

“ The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been two hundred years.
    These nations have progressed through this sequence:
    1. From bondage to spiritual faith;
    2. from spiritual faith to great courage;
    3. from courage to liberty;
    4. from liberty to abundance;
    5. from abundance to selfishness;
    6. from selfishness to complacency;
    7. from complaceny to apathy;
    8. from apathy to dependence;
    9. from dependency back again into bondage.”

And unfortunately there is nothing on the horizon to suggest that anything is different with the United States. And all that Manifest Destiny stuff... sorry to say, that's over, if indeed it ever was that.

But this isn't just United States.  This is our world.  This is nearly every civilization that currently stands.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Something that must be shared - Scene from "My Dinner with Andre" Empty Re: Something that must be shared - Scene from "My Dinner with Andre"

Post  Werewolf on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:09 pm

Cultural setback based on the natural peak and reach of decadency. the problem is at some point societies progress to a point where they do not try or right out try to prevent a philosophical nature to societies, trying to prevent progression based on buisness. Who wants a society that wantss progression for independance in economy when so many globalized markets rely on this dependancy with implemented wasteful mechanisms in the market like planned obsolescence of goods they create. We die out in the loophole of egoism, decadency and arrogance of our ignorance. A good thing that such societies have no future a philosophical selection of the unworthy.

Current date/time is Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:39 am