Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2880
    Points : 3035
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Cyberspec on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:36 pm

    Neutrality wrote:What the fuck. Are the Turks illegally building a base on foreign soil? How the hell is there still no condemnation for this in the UN?

    The Iraqi government is making threatening statements but we'll see how far they're prepared to go. It's in the KRG area of Iraq so I doubt they can do much apart from diplomatic pressure

    -----

    Areas captured by SAA & Allies today via Twitter reports....significant gains made

    South Aleppo: Khalasah - Zaytan - Hamra and Qal`ajiyah

    East Aleppo: Shuwaylekh

    Latakia: Ikko - Bayt Faris

    and latest from Latakia

    #SAA #NDF captured Mughayriyah / NE of Kafr Dulbah / Latakia


    Short video from South Aleppo area

    #SAA #Hezbollah + allies advancing in #Aleppo today taking 6 villages!
    https://twitter.com/Hamosh84/status/673894101838921728


    Syrian Airforce strikes ISIS and Nusra inside Lebanon
    http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-airforce-strikes-isis-and-nusra-inside-lebanon/
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

    Posts : 888
    Points : 906
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Neutrality on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:37 pm

    Airbornewolf wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:What the fuck. Are the Turks illegally building a base on foreign soil? How the hell is there still no condemnation for this in the UN?

    From the gossip on the Coalition Airbase in Iraq, Iraqi MP's are foaming at the mouth over this. Some suggested asking the Russians to "protect Iraqi sovereignity" if Turkey does not immediately withdraws its forces.

    Whatever the reason tough, that Turkish Base got one giant bullseye on it after shooting down that russian fighter.

    They don't have to beg Russia to do something about it. They have an air force and those Mi-28s which were recently delivered by Russia. The Iraqis are in their full sovereign right to bomb this base before it gets built.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 7660
    Points : 7743
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  JohninMK on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:40 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:What the fuck. Are the Turks illegally building a base on foreign soil? How the hell is there still no condemnation for this in the UN?

    24h to go...
    The answer is no they are not, they did build it.

    The first pictures of this airfield apparently surfaced back in 2011. This is not a new site. If you look at current satellite pictures it has changed a lot from those photos. It seems to be in the middle of nowhere without much road infrastructure around it. Also its design is quite strange. It looks like a resupply point.

    Initially it was used by the US as well as the Turks but they pulled out a couple of years back.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 7660
    Points : 7743
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  JohninMK on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:31 pm

    JohninMK wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:What the fuck. Are the Turks illegally building a base on foreign soil? How the hell is there still no condemnation for this in the UN?

    24h to go...
    The answer is no they are not, they did build it.

    The first pictures of this airfield apparently surfaced back in 2011. This is not a new site. If you look at current satellite pictures it has changed a lot from those photos. It seems to be in the middle of nowhere without much road infrastructure around it. Also its design is quite strange. It looks like a resupply point.

    Initially it was used by the US as well as the Turks but they pulled out a couple of years back.
    This airfield even has an IATA code. Someone out there needs to do some checking, its popping up all over the place.

    https://www.world-airport-codes.com/iraq/bamerny-564.html
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 7660
    Points : 7743
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  JohninMK on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:47 pm

    Just in from ZH

    Things must be going well in the "war on terror," as the US Air Force just admitted that it is fast running out of bombs to drop on ISIS after "B-1s have dropped bombs in record numbers." As ZeeNews reports, Air Force chief of staff General Mark Welsh said as America ramps up its military campaign against the Islamist terror group, the Air Force is now "expending munitions faster than we can replenish them."

    The US Air Force is fast running out of bombs to drop on ISIS targets in Syria and Iraq after its pilots fired off over 20,000 missiles and bombs since the US bombing campaign against the terror group began 15 months ago, its chief has said. As ZeeNews reports, "B-1s have dropped bombs in record numbers. F-15Es are in the fight because they are able to employ a wide range of weapons and do so with great flexibility. We need the funding in place to ensure we're prepared for the long fight," Welsh said in the statement. "This is a critical need," he said.

    The bombing campaign has left the US Air Force with what an Air Force official described as munitions depot stocks "below our desired objective." The Air Force has requested additional funding for Hellfire missiles and is developing plans to ramp up weapons production to replenish its stocks more quickly. But replenishing that stock can take "up to four years from time of expenditure to asset resupply," the official told CNN. "The precision today's wars requires demands the right equipment and capability to achieve desired effects. We need to ensure the necessary funding is in place to not only execute today's wars, but also tomorrow's challenges," the official said.

    As The Washington Times concludes, Russia has been bombing ISIS positions sporadically while France and Great Britain are now active in the American-led coalition which could relieve some pressure.

    Much larger potential adversaries like Russia or China most surely are following this development carefully. If the USAF cannot sustain a trickling battle against a poorly armed, medieval enemy, fighting a superpower military is obviously beyond its capability.


    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-12-07/us-air-force-running-out-bombs-drop-isis#comment-6889810
    Zivo
    Zivo

    Posts : 1488
    Points : 1514
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Zivo on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:59 pm

    JohninMK wrote:Just in from ZH

    Things must be going well in the "war on terror," as the US Air Force just admitted that it is fast running out of bombs to drop on ISIS after "B-1s have dropped bombs in record numbers." As ZeeNews reports, Air Force chief of staff General Mark Welsh said as America ramps up its military campaign against the Islamist terror group, the Air Force is now "expending munitions faster than we can replenish them."

    The US Air Force is fast running out of bombs to drop on ISIS targets in Syria and Iraq after its pilots fired off over 20,000 missiles and bombs since the US bombing campaign against the terror group began 15 months ago, its chief has said. As ZeeNews reports, "B-1s have dropped bombs in record numbers. F-15Es are in the fight because they are able to employ a wide range of weapons and do so with great flexibility. We need the funding in place to ensure we're prepared for the long fight," Welsh said in the statement. "This is a critical need," he said.

    The bombing campaign has left the US Air Force with what an Air Force official described as munitions depot stocks "below our desired objective." The Air Force has requested additional funding for Hellfire missiles and is developing plans to ramp up weapons production to replenish its stocks more quickly. But replenishing that stock can take "up to four years from time of expenditure to asset resupply," the official told CNN. "The precision today's wars requires demands the right equipment and capability to achieve desired effects. We need to ensure the necessary funding is in place to not only execute today's wars, but also tomorrow's challenges," the official said.

    As The Washington Times concludes, Russia has been bombing ISIS positions sporadically while France and Great Britain are now active in the American-led coalition which could relieve some pressure.

    Much larger potential adversaries like Russia or China most surely are following this development carefully. If the USAF cannot sustain a trickling battle against a poorly armed, medieval enemy, fighting a superpower military is obviously beyond its capability.


    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-12-07/us-air-force-running-out-bombs-drop-isis#comment-6889810

    What a racket. Spend $100,000 blowing up an ISIS mortar, then complain that you need more money for bombs.
    Siempre_Leal
    Siempre_Leal

    Posts : 174
    Points : 189
    Join date : 2015-05-04

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Siempre_Leal on Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:44 pm

    Harakat al-Najuba Ops during advances earlier today in southern aleppo
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2880
    Points : 3035
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Cyberspec on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:26 am

    More footage from S. Aleppo...graphic images at the start

    Siempre_Leal
    Siempre_Leal

    Posts : 174
    Points : 189
    Join date : 2015-05-04

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Siempre_Leal on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:31 am

    Regular wrote:Ignore video title
    SAA tank hit by TOW.

    But damn explosion is even bigger than in TOW commercial when tank was filled with TNT Very Happy

    That's the 2nd TOW strike on the same tank.

    1st hit and in this title it says T-72.

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9239
    Points : 9321
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:48 am

    JohninMK wrote:Just in from ZH

    Things must be going well in the "war on terror," as the US Air Force just admitted that it is fast running out of bombs to drop on ISIS after "B-1s have dropped bombs in record numbers." As ZeeNews reports, Air Force chief of staff General Mark Welsh said as America ramps up its military campaign against the Islamist terror group, the Air Force is now "expending munitions faster than we can replenish them."

    The US Air Force is fast running out of bombs to drop on ISIS targets in Syria and Iraq after its pilots fired off over 20,000 missiles and bombs since the US bombing campaign against the terror group began 15 months ago, its chief has said. As ZeeNews reports, "B-1s have dropped bombs in record numbers. F-15Es are in the fight because they are able to employ a wide range of weapons and do so with great flexibility. We need the funding in place to ensure we're prepared for the long fight," Welsh said in the statement. "This is a critical need," he said.

    The bombing campaign has left the US Air Force with what an Air Force official described as munitions depot stocks "below our desired objective." The Air Force has requested additional funding for Hellfire missiles and is developing plans to ramp up weapons production to replenish its stocks more quickly. But replenishing that stock can take "up to four years from time of expenditure to asset resupply," the official told CNN. "The precision today's wars requires demands the right equipment and capability to achieve desired effects. We need to ensure the necessary funding is in place to not only execute today's wars, but also tomorrow's challenges," the official said.

    As The Washington Times concludes, Russia has been bombing ISIS positions sporadically while France and Great Britain are now active in the American-led coalition which could relieve some pressure.

    Much larger potential adversaries like Russia or China most surely are following this development carefully. If the USAF cannot sustain a trickling battle against a poorly armed, medieval enemy, fighting a superpower military is obviously beyond its capability.


    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-12-07/us-air-force-running-out-bombs-drop-isis#comment-6889810

    Usual MIC swindle but if it is true it would prove logic behind Russian ''everything must go'' approach with regards to dumb-bombs. You do not need to use freakin' smart bomb to take out Toyota Hilux in the middle of a Syrian desert.
    avatar
    Vann7

    Posts : 4582
    Points : 4686
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Vann7 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:22 am

    Someone reported at RT discussion that US-UK-France and Germany are deploying new patriot defenses with 50 missiles at Syrian-turkey border.. anyone heard anything like that?

    Another thing a little off topic but could be on topic if a war start is that Russia have released
    some information about a nuclear weapon they developed. No idea if any of that is true..
    but wondering if anyone heard anything about the next claim..

    have anyone heard about a 10,000 megaton Cobalt Bomb?  



    Some intelligence sheared that the Russia have major project "Cobalt Bomb" project was started in late 80 ts made by soviet scientists. Bomb with in 10,000 megaton capable to wipe out entire continent. The epicenter of explosion is close to a new stars birth in open space

    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 7660
    Points : 7743
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  JohninMK on Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:30 am

    Vann7 wrote:

    Someone reported at RT discussion that US-UK-France and Germany are deploying new patriot defenses with 50 missiles at Syrian-turkey border.. anyone heard anything like that?

    Not sure about that. What is certain is that Turkey is negotiating with the Italians/French for a SAMP/T system with almost immediate delivery of a 'trial' system. I posted about it earlier.

    A typical SAMP/T battery includes a command and control vehicle, Arabel radar and up to six transporter erector launcher (TEL) vehicles, each with eight missiles and a store of reload missiles. The missile TEL vehicles are dispersed to launch sites located up to 10km from the Arabel radar.


    http://www.army-technology.com/projects/aster-30/
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9239
    Points : 9321
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:02 am

    Vann7 wrote:Someone reported at RT discussion that US-UK-France and Germany are deploying new patriot defenses with 50 missiles at Syrian-turkey border.. anyone heard anything like that?

    Another thing a little off topic but could be on topic if a war start is that Russia have released
    some information about a nuclear weapon they developed. No idea if any of that is true..
    but wondering if anyone heard anything about the next claim..

    have anyone heard about a 10,000 megaton Cobalt Bomb?  



    Some intelligence sheared that the Russia have major project "Cobalt Bomb" project was started in late 80 ts made by soviet scientists. Bomb with in 10,000 megaton capable to wipe out entire continent. The epicenter of explosion is close to a new stars birth in open space


    10000MT? Cobalt? Why not Cobalt/Thorium-G? Will they announce it on party congress on Monday? Will prime minister Kissoff be in attendance? Are we facing mineshaft gap?

    Dr. Strangelove much? lol1
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

    Posts : 902
    Points : 909
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Location : New Zealand

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  OminousSpudd on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:06 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:Someone reported at RT discussion that US-UK-France and Germany are deploying new patriot defenses with 50 missiles at Syrian-turkey border.. anyone heard anything like that?

    Another thing a little off topic but could be on topic if a war start is that Russia have released
    some information about a nuclear weapon they developed. No idea if any of that is true..
    but wondering if anyone heard anything about the next claim..

    have anyone heard about a 10,000 megaton Cobalt Bomb?  



    Some intelligence sheared that the Russia have major project "Cobalt Bomb" project was started in late 80 ts made by soviet scientists. Bomb with in 10,000 megaton capable to wipe out entire continent. The epicenter of explosion is close to a new stars birth in open space


    10000MT? Cobalt? Why not Cobalt/Thorium-G? Will they announce it on party congress on Monday? Will prime minister Kissoff be in attendance? Are we facing mineshaft gap?

    Dr. Strangelove much? lol1

    MAD in the event of a nuclear war is already at 100%. Building anything more destructive is just a diabolical waste of funding. Or as PapaDragon put it, full-"Dr. Strangelove."
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

    Posts : 1353
    Points : 1365
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Hannibal Barca on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:10 am

    Yes cobalt enhanced nuclear weapons can probably exist, in theory they work, but it's not the cobalt which gives their yield but still the fission material, so in other words the guy who made your reference is a noob Razz so don;t take his word for granted.
    avatar
    Vann7

    Posts : 4582
    Points : 4686
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Vann7 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:15 am

    Facebook Pro Syria gov says.. now the US-ISIS Airforce are using the kosovo
    tactics of bombing many pro government civilians indiscriminately to pressure the Syrian government to stop fighting American Imperialism.  No

    Also that US bombing on Syrian positions are coordinated with ISIL advances in the zone,
    that the last attack on a Syrian army base helped ISIS to gain some territory.




    Syria: US-Led Airstrikes Kill 20 Civilians in Hasaka
    (FNA)- Twenty civilians were killed in a US airstrike on Syria's Northeastern Hasaka province following another US air raid on the Syrian army base in Southeastern Deir Ezzur province that killed several soldiers earlier today.
    The US-led airstrikes hit al-Khan near al-Hawl town in Hasakah, killing 20 civilians and injuring 30 others.
    Earlier this morning, four US-led coalition warplanes targeted the Syrian army camp with 9 rockets, claiming the lives of 4 soldiers and injuring 16 others.
    Both dissidents and government sources confirmed early on Monday that the US warplanes struck the military camp of the Syrian army’s 137th Artillery Brigade (17th Reserve Division) in the Southern part of 'Ayyash' village, killing 4 soldiers instantly and wounding 16 more. Six of the wounded soldiers are in critical condition.
    They further added that the ISIL terrorists stormed the bombed camp a few hours after the air attack.
    The Syrian army’s 137th Brigade has been protecting the civilians in 'Ayyash' from the swarming ISIL fighters that are attempting to break into the provincial capital of the Deir Ezzur province from the Northern side; this airstrike only boosted the ISIL positions inside this village and the nearby broadcast tower.
    The sources further added that the ISIL launched an offensive against the government forces' positions in Ayyash village 10 kilometers Northwest of Deir Ezzur city.
    The Syrian army and its allies have gained upper hand in the Eastern province of Deir Ezzur in the recent weeks, after new recruits of popular forces joined the army and won back new lands across the province , and meantime fended off the ISIL attacks on their positions, mainly the Deir Ezzur airbase.
    ‪#‎Syria24‬


    https://www.facebook.com/syria24english
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Guest on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:28 am

    "Cobalt bomb" is nothing more than usual warhead enhanced with certain amount of Cobalt, which upon explosion would become Cobalt-60, highly radioactive isotope with has alot longer half-life than casual radioactive isotopes that come with fallout.

    Its goal is basically to prolonge time attacked area is unhabitable.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9239
    Points : 9321
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:30 am

    Vann7 wrote:Facebook Pro Syria gov says.. now the US-ISIS Airforce are using the kosovo
    tactics of bombing many pro government civilians indiscriminately to pressure the Syrian government to stop fighting American Imperialism.  No

    Also that US bombing on Syrian positions are coordinated with ISIL advances in the zone,
    that the last attack on a Syrian army base helped ISIS to gain some territory.




    Syria: US-Led Airstrikes Kill 20 Civilians in Hasaka
    (FNA)- Twenty civilians were killed in a US airstrike on Syria's Northeastern Hasaka province following another US air raid on the Syrian army base in Southeastern Deir Ezzur province that killed several soldiers earlier today.
    The US-led airstrikes hit al-Khan near al-Hawl town in Hasakah, killing 20 civilians and injuring 30 others.
    Earlier this morning, four US-led coalition warplanes targeted the Syrian army camp with 9 rockets, claiming the lives of 4 soldiers and injuring 16 others.
    Both dissidents and government sources confirmed early on Monday that the US warplanes struck the military camp of the Syrian army’s 137th Artillery Brigade (17th Reserve Division) in the Southern part of 'Ayyash' village, killing 4 soldiers instantly and wounding 16 more. Six of the wounded soldiers are in critical condition.
    They further added that the ISIL terrorists stormed the bombed camp a few hours after the air attack.
    The Syrian army’s 137th Brigade has been protecting the civilians in 'Ayyash' from the swarming ISIL fighters that are attempting to break into the provincial capital of the Deir Ezzur province from the Northern side; this airstrike only boosted the ISIL positions inside this village and the nearby broadcast tower.
    The sources further added that the ISIL launched an offensive against the government forces' positions in Ayyash village 10 kilometers Northwest of Deir Ezzur city.
    The Syrian army and its allies have gained upper hand in the Eastern province of Deir Ezzur in the recent weeks, after new recruits of popular forces joined the army and won back new lands across the province , and meantime fended off the ISIL attacks on their positions, mainly the Deir Ezzur airbase.
    ‪#‎Syria24‬


    https://www.facebook.com/syria24english

    USA day late and a dollar short as usual these days.
    It will not work this time, 1999. was long ago and smartphones, social networks and YouTube are ubiquitous.

    Welcome to the post industrial age.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7090
    Points : 7358
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 31
    Location : Canada

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  sepheronx on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:48 am

    So where is the SyAF and RuAF to help protect the skies? Why is nothing being done?
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3990
    Points : 4007
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:50 am

    sepheronx wrote:So where is the SyAF and RuAF to help protect the skies?  Why is nothing being done?

    Err, currently, given the pace of the operations, I'd say everywhere. Twice.

    Could you guys just chill? It's been a busy day for a lot of people. Aleppo Op is going on quite well.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7090
    Points : 7358
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 31
    Location : Canada

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  sepheronx on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:56 am

    Not an excuse. Why has Assad not demanded to call a No Fly Zone for all US and its cronies? Is he wanting to lose more ground and get more of his people dead? If the facebook news is correct, these are two attacks so far against the Syrian Army. No damn excuse like "tired" or anything.
    Erk
    Erk

    Posts : 483
    Points : 494
    Join date : 2015-04-26

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Erk on Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:14 am

    sepheronx wrote:Not an excuse.  Why has Assad not demanded to call a No Fly Zone for all US and its cronies?  Is he wanting to lose more ground and get more of his people dead?  If the facebook news is correct, these are two attacks so far against the Syrian Army.  No damn excuse like "tired" or anything.

    In order to demand a no fly zone, you need to be in a position to enforce it. I doubt very much that Assad could do that.

    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7090
    Points : 7358
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 31
    Location : Canada

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  sepheronx on Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:26 am

    Erk wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Not an excuse.  Why has Assad not demanded to call a No Fly Zone for all US and its cronies?  Is he wanting to lose more ground and get more of his people dead?  If the facebook news is correct, these are two attacks so far against the Syrian Army.  No damn excuse like "tired" or anything.

    In order to demand a no fly zone, you need to be in a position to enforce it. I doubt very much that Assad could do that.


    That is true, but Russia could. Hence why they need to ask Russia. A mixture between Russian Su-30's and Su-27's and SyAF MiG-29's, there should be enough to enforce it.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Guest on Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:37 am

    https://www.facebook.com/syriaalyom/videos/694062040696400/

    Video showing results of US Coalition airstrike from last night on SAA position.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2880
    Points : 3035
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Cyberspec on Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:03 am

    sepheronx wrote:Not an excuse.  Why has Assad not demanded to call a No Fly Zone for all US and its cronies?  Is he wanting to lose more ground and get more of his people dead?  If the facebook news is correct, these are two attacks so far against the Syrian Army.  No damn excuse like "tired" or anything.

    Because everyone is there to fight Daesh, the scourge of humanity pirat ...at least that's the official cover. They were flying over Syria long before the Russians

    Sponsored content

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:19 pm