Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Syrian Civil War: News #4

    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3990
    Points : 4007
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:03 am

    https://twitter.com/Ald_Aba/status/671369627767820288

    Anjad Al Sham loses a T-72 and more.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Guest on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:03 am

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 CVFMYVfU8AAitjQ

    Starting tomorrow women aren't allowed to wear makeup in rebel-held Idlib. Democracy much?
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

    Posts : 1769
    Points : 1949
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty reply

    Post  d_taddei2 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:12 am

    A step in the right direction

    not sure how reliable AFP news website is but they state Negotiations are underway between the Syrian regime and rebels for the evacuation of opposition forces from the last area they hold in Homs city, the provincial governor told AFP Monday.
    Talal Barazi said a meeting was planned for Tuesday "with the goal of reaching a final resolution of the situation in Waer", in the west of Homs city.
    Barazi said a deal would "mean the evacuation of the armed men and their weapons, as well as the return of state institutions to the district."

    AFP news via yahoo news

    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/negotiations-seek-syria-rebel-exit-homs-governor-152927368.html#1lEChNm
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Guest on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:38 am

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVEbKQVW4AAuEgJ.jpg

    Jabat Al Nusra slaughtered Khalid Sami Amana & Hammoud Ali Al Abdullah in Aleppo surroundings. Highly disturbing photo so its shared this way.

    avatar
    wilhelm

    Posts : 254
    Points : 258
    Join date : 2014-12-09

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  wilhelm on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:51 am

    Who were they, Militarov?
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Guest on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:54 am

    wilhelm wrote:Who were they, Militarov?

    I must admit i got no clue whatsoever. Its possible they are just common people but happened that someone said their names before photo got uploaded.
    avatar
    wilhelm

    Posts : 254
    Points : 258
    Join date : 2014-12-09

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  wilhelm on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:57 am

    Thanks.

    That would be Aleppo, where the "moderate" terrorists are, according to the bullshit rubbish still being peddled by Obama and Cameron.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Guest on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:06 am

    wilhelm wrote:Thanks.

    That would be Aleppo, where the "moderate" terrorists are, according to the bullshit rubbish still being peddled by Obama and Cameron.

    Yep, moderatates at their best.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9230
    Points : 9312
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:09 am

    d_taddei2 wrote:A step in the right direction

    not sure how reliable AFP news website is but they state Negotiations are underway between the Syrian regime and rebels for the evacuation of opposition forces from the last area they hold in Homs city, the provincial governor told AFP Monday.
    Talal Barazi said a meeting was planned for Tuesday "with the goal of reaching a final resolution of the situation in Waer", in the west of Homs city.
    Barazi said a deal would "mean the evacuation of the armed men and their weapons, as well as the return of state institutions to the district."

    AFP news via yahoo news

    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/negotiations-seek-syria-rebel-exit-homs-governor-152927368.html#1lEChNm

    Given the rumors that VKS will be setting up shop at the airbase southeast of the city, it would be prudent course of action...
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Guest on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:15 am

    Iranian made Oghab 1 drone reportedly captured in Aleppo.

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 CVBHuPRVAAEE8wf

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 CJFJLR_UAAEi2FL
    BKP
    BKP

    Posts : 474
    Points : 483
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  BKP on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:16 am

    Militarov wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 CVFMYVfU8AAitjQ

    Starting tomorrow women aren't allowed to wear makeup in rebel-held Idlib. Democracy much?

    For the life of me, I'll never understand how mid/near-eastern people can read that script. It's even more inscrutable-looking than Chinese.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Guest on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:25 am

    BKP wrote:

    For the life of me, I'll never understand how mid/near-eastern people can read that script. It's even more inscrutable-looking than Chinese.

    Arabic is considered as hardest language to learn for foreigners, and by far. I belive its only language rated as 6 on scale for how hard it is.
    BKP
    BKP

    Posts : 474
    Points : 483
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  BKP on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:32 am

    ^ I believe it.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

    Posts : 1155
    Points : 1232
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 29
    Location : Oldenburg

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:35 am

    That scale is bullshit. It shows what are the hardest languages to learn for native English speakers. Russian is a nightmare for someone who speaks only English, for Czech people it's easy. Arabic is hard too but for a Hebrew speaker it would be easier.

    Arabic itself has many dialects. The ultra conservative MSA is not used in daily life. People speak dialects that are simpler. Difference is like between Latin and modern Romance languages.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2868
    Points : 3023
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Cyberspec on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:53 am

    wilhelm wrote:Who were they, Militarov?

    They were apparently accused of belonging to a pro-Kurdish group which they're fighting in Northern Aleppo atm
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

    Posts : 263
    Points : 263
    Join date : 2015-09-21

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  zorobabel on Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:39 am

    JohninMK wrote:End of month map

    https://imagopyrenaei.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/syria-iraq-kurdistan-30n.png
    The pace is too slow for the Syrian government. Some decent gains around Aleppo and Latakia were partly offset by terrorist gains in North Hama. Hopefully December will be better.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2868
    Points : 3023
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Cyberspec on Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:41 am

    1st group of 135 fighters left the area Qudssaya near Damascus, and will be forwarded to the province of Idlib under the mediation of the UN and the Red Cross

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 CVFNMP5WIAAMpLM

    Similar deal in progress in Homs

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 CVE6iduXAAADZqf


    Compilation of SAA footage in the South of the Country

    max steel
    max steel

    Posts : 2937
    Points : 2962
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  max steel on Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:54 pm



    Is it true that The Russian's have entered repeatedly into the Turkish air space and engaged their targeting radars painting Turkish F16s? Because having transponders off when armed and having targeting radars on is a hostile act.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3990
    Points : 4007
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:13 pm

    max steel wrote:

    Is it true that The Russian's have entered repeatedly into the Turkish air space and engaged their targeting radars painting Turkish F16s? Because having transponders off when armed and having targeting radars on is a hostile act.

    Nope that was the famous 'Mig 29 affair'. Russian Su30 skirted the Turkish airspace and F16's went to intercept it on VR. Incoming F16 (6 according to Turkey were painted by "Syrian GBADS", although most probably Russian radars for a certain ammount of time while escorting the Su30). There have been 3 incidents. Su30's, Drone, Su24.

    The whole "they do it all the time started after Nov 19th/20th direct hits on Turkmens/FSA in Jabal Akrad area. So basically it bollocks.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

    Posts : 1769
    Points : 1949
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty reply

    Post  d_taddei2 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:16 pm

    Cyberspec wrote:1st group of 135 fighters left the area Qudssaya near Damascus, and will be forwarded to the province of Idlib under the mediation of the UN and the Red Cross

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 CVFNMP5WIAAMpLM

    Similar deal in progress in Homs

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 CVE6iduXAAADZqf


    Compilation of SAA footage in the South of the Country


    although to some this may seem like its just transferring terrorists to another conflict zone for the SAA to fight, but this is a step in the right direction as this actually frees up SAA troops from having to guard/protect small pockets of rebels, when they could be put to good use else where. Now all we need is this type of thing to happen in other areas in Damascus, Homs, Darra, Qalamoun, and any other areas of small pockets of terrorists, and areas where truces are in place, think this would greatly release troops from these areas providing much needed troops on other major fronts.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2287
    Points : 2380
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  higurashihougi on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:42 pm

    Germany joins the fray.

    https://www.rt.com/news/324097-germany-isis-syria-support/

    Nominally Ger denies all kinds of connection with Assad, of course.

    The German government says it will join the military campaign against Islamic State in Syria, but has ruled out any cooperation with the country’s president Bashar Assad. The plans will see Berlin sending 1,200 personnel to the region, but in an advisory role.

    The decision to commit to the fight against Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) was taken by Chancellor Angela Merkel’s cabinet on Tuesday, according to a government official cited by Reuters.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 7645
    Points : 7728
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  JohninMK on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:47 pm

    higurashihougi wrote:Germany joins the fray.

    https://www.rt.com/news/324097-germany-isis-syria-support/

    Nominally Ger denies all kinds of connection with Assad, of course.

    The German government says it will join the military campaign against Islamic State in Syria, but has ruled out any cooperation with the country’s president Bashar Assad. The plans will see Berlin sending 1,200 personnel to the region, but in an advisory role.

    The decision to commit to the fight against Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) was taken by Chancellor Angela Merkel’s cabinet on Tuesday, according to a government official cited by Reuters.
    Much of the manpower seems to be in support of 6 Tornado recon planes. In Incirlik?
    arpakola
    arpakola

    Posts : 1511
    Points : 1543
    Join date : 2014-03-12
    Age : 52
    Location : Athens

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  arpakola on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:52 pm

    bonus foto
    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 12274492_125372291163435_2836945792577358445_n
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 7645
    Points : 7728
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  JohninMK on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:27 pm

    Big article on the legality of the US/NATO action in Syria by a British legal eagle basically saying that it is a 'wish and a prayer' legal case for military action in Syria without the agreement of the Government there. This is the last para

    "There is no specific Security Council authorization for the use of force. The resolution assists the argument that the criteria for self-defence are met, although each state needs itself to be satisfied on the evidence that armed force is necessary and proportionate. Finally, whether there is a legal justification for the use of force is a separate question from whether the use of force is the right course to take."

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20151201/1031044195/uk-syria-airstrikes-legality.html#ixzz3t4U0C3kC
    BKP
    BKP

    Posts : 474
    Points : 483
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  BKP on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:27 pm

    I think NATO knows its terrorist regime-change proxy army is under a lot of stress. This has to be why France, UK and now even ze Germans are jumping in. They are determined to save their project. IDK, Russia may need to commit more assets and deploy ground troops to counteract this trend, which is unfolding quickly now. I hope that Russia really isn't under any delusion that any of the NATO states would "partner" with it. Russia is alone against all of them. There could be 100 terrorist attacks by IS on French civilians and this would not change. Russia should up the ante against these clowns.

    Sponsored content

    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:04 pm