Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+6
Isos
flamming_python
KiloGolf
KoTeMoRe
Cyberspec
George1
10 posters

    Montenegro News Thread

    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 6027
    Points : 6005
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Montenegro News Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Montenegro News Thread

    Post  miketheterrible Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:09 pm

    Here:

    https://tradingeconomics.com/montenegro/gdp-growth-annual
    https://tradingeconomics.com/montenegro/government-debt-to-gdp
    https://tradingeconomics.com/montenegro/current-account
    https://tradingeconomics.com/montenegro/balance-of-trade
    https://tradingeconomics.com/montenegro/indicators

    Judging by the indicators, their growth is superficial.  Not only have they increased in GDP, so has their debt and account surplus has been in negative for quite some time.

    So their "good economics" is more in line with the west - borrowed time, borrowed money.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 16354
    Points : 16855
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Montenegro News Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Montenegro News Thread

    Post  George1 Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:12 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:Here:

    https://tradingeconomics.com/montenegro/gdp-growth-annual
    https://tradingeconomics.com/montenegro/government-debt-to-gdp
    https://tradingeconomics.com/montenegro/current-account
    https://tradingeconomics.com/montenegro/balance-of-trade
    https://tradingeconomics.com/montenegro/indicators

    Judging by the indicators, their growth is superficial.  Not only have they increased in GDP, so has their debt and account surplus has been in negative for quite some time.

    So their "good economics" is more in line with the west - borrowed time, borrowed money.

    we know how economy goes to such small countries. A lot of offshores, black money transfer, low taxation etc...
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 16354
    Points : 16855
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Montenegro News Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Montenegro News Thread

    Post  George1 Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:27 pm

    at these elections for whoever watched the Dec-Jan Clerical protests, churh made the difference this time.
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 7649
    Points : 7631
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Montenegro News Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Montenegro News Thread

    Post  Isos Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:28 pm

    Lot of people from there live in western countries and spend a lot to build homes and bring lot of money during summer.

    They also have portomontenegro which a city that welcomes Yachts of the richest people from Europe. They are the best option for them since it's in Europe and its cheap. They even come from french riviera there to park their boats.

    They created lot of new big hotels on the coast and allowed lot of airline companies to use their airports bringing lot of tourists.

    They have the biggest port there and are building a highway through the country and that will be used to transport stuff coming by ships toward all the neighbour countries.

    For a country of not even 1 million people that's enough. They are still investing money but that will pay.

    Slovenia and Croatia both are in EU and have a much better living stabdards than Serbia which is a shithole even according to Serbians. They are all fleeing to Germany. Montenegro has no benefit to ally with them.

    They are working hard to be a EU member and it will benefits them.

    Being in NATO provides direct protection against Serbia, Albania and Kosovo. It has nothing to do with anti russian feelings. Actually there are a huge amount of russians there that bought houses. You can even see publicity on the roads in Russian. They did bring lot of money. But now there are more and more Turks.

    Putin didn't use them to interfere in Montenegro but Erdogan may try to use their economical influence to get its hand on a part of the political elite which could be dangerous for Montenegro.
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 7649
    Points : 7631
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Montenegro News Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Montenegro News Thread

    Post  Isos Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:31 pm

    George1 wrote:at these elections for whoever watched the Dec-Jan Clerical protests, churh made the difference this time.

    It shouldn't have happened. Milo isn't a "good guy" for sure, he took personal advantages of its position, but briging religion + nationalists into politics always leads to destruction.
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 10322
    Points : 10469
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Montenegro News Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Montenegro News Thread

    Post  kvs Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:45 pm

    OK. So Montenegro is a Cuba of the 1950s to NATzO. The regime chose to ally with its source of money.

    flamming_python likes this post

    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 7649
    Points : 7631
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Montenegro News Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Montenegro News Thread

    Post  Isos Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:52 pm

    kvs wrote:OK.  So Montenegro is a Cuba of the 1950s to NATzO.   The regime chose to ally with its source of money.    


    When your small you better get a strong ally. Nato has no advantage of having Montenegro... it almost has no military power. But Montenegro has 100% advantage of having them on their side, specially in that part of Europe where most countries are full of nationalists.

    Economically they use Euro since even before 2006 (independance). It is not a surprise they will go in EU.

    Diplomtically, it's one of the few state where everyone can go. A bit like Lebanon or Cyprus or Singapour. That's very impirtant for the powerfull people leading the world. That's good because no one wants it destabilized. Just look how all the world stood up for Lebanon.

    IMO they have a bright future if they don't let those Serbian nationalist at power. This election is a warning for Milo and he will have to act like a real president anf think about all the population rather than give advantages to its voters.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11136
    Points : 11210
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Montenegro News Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Montenegro News Thread

    Post  PapaDragon Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:45 am

    Isos wrote:They created lot of new big hotels on the coast and allowed lot of airline companies to use their airports bringing lot of tourists.

    You are nearly a decade behind the news, Monetengo economy went tits up the moment Russians pulled out the cash, they have been circling the drain for r a while now and good old Corona finished off tourist sector this year

    It turns out that pissing off your main source of tourism revenue (AKA those abysmal Serbs) is super retarded move



    Isos wrote:Being in NATO provides direct protection against Serbia, Albania and Kosovo.

    Being in NATO provides them with money

    They don't need protection from anything because their core principle is selling their asses to whomever is willing to pay and​ Croatia and Albania (Kosovo) are paying

    Serbia told them to fuck off so now Montenegro is acting all pissy which tied into their economic nosedive



    Isos wrote:They have the biggest port there and are building a highway through the country and that will be used to transport stuff coming by ships

    Croatia will pull the plug on that whole country long before that happens, those ports are there for decoration not for taking other people's money

    That money belongs to Croatia



    Isos wrote:Slovenia and Croatia both are in EU and have a much better living stabdards than Serbia which is a shithole even according to Serbians. They are all fleeing to Germany

    Have you been to Croatia lately?

    Half the houses are for sale but nobody is buying because everyone left for Germany and aren't coming back



    Isos wrote:Montenegro has no benefit to ally with them.

    Nobody here wants to have anything to do with those shithead whores anymore, we just don't want to allow them to steal our shit

    Property comes first



    Isos wrote:A bit like Lebanon or Cyprus or Singapour

    Wrong

    Try Afghanistan, Mexico or Colombia

    There is only one way for a country without economy to make money if you get my drift Wink


    For the record I'm former Montenegrian myself (second generation) so I know what I'm talking about

    I switched to being Serb about 15 years ago because I don't want people to associate me with that hillbilly trash



    miketheterrible likes this post

    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 7649
    Points : 7631
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Montenegro News Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Montenegro News Thread

    Post  Isos Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:04 am

    Your saying total bs. Croatians and albanians have nothing in Montenegro and no influence.

    Albanian nationalist still think a part of Montenegro belongs to them.

    Croatians are jalous because of Montenegro's coast which much more beautifull than theirs (full of rocks with no sand beach)

    Serbia is loosing more people than anyone else when it comes to go live in Germany. Your schools are half empty because you don't even make babies anymore.

    Montenegro's economy is based on tourism and serbian still come there. No one pissed you off, they just developed to have relations with more countries than just Serbia. Serbians like you are just jalous Very Happy because they don't see you like you see Russia (a boyfriend for who you would do anything while Russia does nothing for you).

    Serbia also benefits from Montenegro's tourism because lot of stuff bought there come from Serbia.

    Croatia will pull the plug on that whole country long before that happens, those ports are there for decoration not for taking other people's money

    That money belongs to Croatia

    It belongs to China actually.

    Your stories about Croatians in Montenegro are total BS.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11136
    Points : 11210
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Montenegro News Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Montenegro News Thread

    Post  PapaDragon Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:24 am

    Isos wrote:Your saying total bs. Croatians and albanians have nothing in Montenegro and no influence...

    Suuure.... other than owning the place Razz



    Isos wrote:Albanian nationalist still think a part of Montenegro belongs to them.

    Not just nationalists, Albanians in general and not just part but entire half

    And they will be getting it, it's pretty much already settled (Macedonia setup)



    Isos wrote:Croatians are jalous because of Montenegro's coast which much more beautifull than theirs (full of rocks with no sand beach)

    Bwhahahahahaha lol1 lol1 lol1

    Right, Croatians are totally jealous of swimming in raw sewage

    I am biased against Croatia as much as any other Serb (history and all that) but their beaches are fucking majestic, they know their stuff



    Isos wrote:Serbia is loosing more people than anyone else when it comes to go live in Germany. Your schools are half empty because you don't even make babies anymore.

    Sure buddy, what does someone who lives here and works in school knows about this stuff, you are clearly the expert on the topic thumbsup


    Isos wrote:Serbia also benefits from Montenegro's tourism because lot of stuff bought there come from Serbia.

    Average city in Serbia scoops up more merchandise than that entire heroin running Hillbilly Land



    Isos wrote:No one pissed you off

    Obviously

    They got pissed off when we told them to fuck off



    Isos wrote:Montenegro's economy is based on tourism

    Tourism is gone and as for Monetengo economy you can ask any cop or prison guard in Spain about Montenegro's "economy"



    There's a local joke here:

    Q: "What s a first thing a Montenegrian says when he sticks his head out of his mom's c*nt?"

    A: "Where is Belgrade?" lol1




    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2903
    Points : 3058
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Montenegro News Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Montenegro News Thread

    Post  Cyberspec Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:04 am

    PapaDragon wrote:


    For the record I'm former Montenegrian myself (second generation) so I know what I'm talking about

    So you're a Crnogorac Very Happy ...now I know where the fiery character comes from

    I switched to being Serb about 15 years ago because I don't want people to associate me with that hillbilly trash

    Very Happy ...how dare you speak about the Never conquered - Serbian Sparta like that



    George1
    George1

    Posts : 16354
    Points : 16855
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Montenegro News Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Montenegro News Thread

    Post  George1 Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:58 am

    can montenegro unite again with serbia?
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 7649
    Points : 7631
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Montenegro News Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Montenegro News Thread

    Post  Isos Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:26 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Isos wrote:Your saying total bs. Croatians and albanians have nothing in Montenegro and no influence...

    Suuure.... other than owning the place Razz



    Isos wrote:Albanian nationalist still think a part of Montenegro belongs to them.

    Not just nationalists, Albanians in general and not just part but entire half

    And they will be getting it, it's pretty much already settled (Macedonia setup)



    Isos wrote:Croatians are jalous because of Montenegro's coast which much more beautifull than theirs (full of rocks with no sand beach)

    Bwhahahahahaha lol1 lol1 lol1

    Right, Croatians are totally jealous of swimming in raw sewage

    I am biased against Croatia as much as any other Serb (history and all that) but their beaches are fucking majestic, they know their stuff



    Isos wrote:Serbia is loosing more people than anyone else when it comes to go live in Germany. Your schools are half empty because you don't even make babies anymore.

    Sure buddy, what does someone who lives here and works in school knows about this stuff, you are clearly the expert on the topic thumbsup


    Isos wrote:Serbia also benefits from Montenegro's tourism because lot of stuff bought there come from Serbia.

    Average city in Serbia scoops up more merchandise than that entire heroin running Hillbilly Land



    Isos wrote:No one pissed you off

    Obviously

    They got pissed off when we told them to fuck off



    Isos wrote:Montenegro's economy is based on tourism

    Tourism is gone and as for Monetengo economy you can ask any cop or prison guard in Spain about Montenegro's "economy"



    There's a local joke here:

    Q: "What s a first thing a Montenegrian says when he sticks his head out of his mom's c*nt?"

    A: "Where is Belgrade?" lol1






    I'm myself from Montenegro. Everything you say is total bullshit. Croatian have nothing there and own nothing.

    Our coast is much better than theirs. They only transformed it before to welcome tourists and it's more international while in montenegro it's still for local tourists (diaspora, and ex-yu).

    Serbian economy is falling. Serbia is getting more empty everyday. Everyone is fleeing to Germany.

    Albanian are located in the south (Ulcinj) and will never get any part. That's why Montenegro joined NATO. US would love to beat them like Iraqi or Afghan. Albania is a shithole. I went through Kosovo once and the really are weired people.

    They took nothing to Macedonia. They send the army there and removed them.

    The Montenegrin Mafia is full of Serbs. Serbia is full of mafia too. Albania too.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11136
    Points : 11210
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Montenegro News Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Montenegro News Thread

    Post  PapaDragon Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:37 pm

    Cyberspec wrote:So you're a Crnogorac  Very Happy ...now I know where the fiery character comes from

    Used to be one

    No way I would ever call myself one now, I don't like being associated with criminals, commies, cultists and poodles



    Cyberspec wrote:
    I switched to being Serb about 15 years ago because I don't want people to associate me with that hillbilly trash

    Very Happy ...how dare you speak about the Never conquered - Serbian Sparta like that

    Yeah, never conquered... except by Turks, Germans and freakin Italians

    They brag about Turks not conquering them in full but that's only because Turks simply took all the useful areas in normal elevation and never bothered to check if there is any human habitation up in the mountains

    That just means Turks didn't give a fuck about medieval equivalent of Bigfoot sightings lol1



    George1 wrote:can montenegro unite again with serbia?

    Nah, it's a barren gangland that's scrapes by as vacation spot for low income households, everyone moved on

    Only thing keeping them in tourism business is lack of language barrier

    Anyone with any amount of self-respect travels to Greece, Turkey or Egypt (service, scenery and hygiene are orders of magnitude superior)  



    I honestly don't even know why are they even making ruckus over these elections: this is the same mob that fanatically supported every single political move made by their establishment over past 20 years but suddenly church is the red line? Why?

    Like who gives a crap anymore ? They are free to make whatever cult they feel like an call it a church, nobody here gives a shit as long as they don't touch property of Serbian church.

    They are free to build their own stuff.

    Noise over nothing.

    It's like you already sold your wife to a pimp, sold your sons and daughters to pedophiles and your siblings to organ traders but now you refuse to sell your parents to a museum?

    Dude, that train has left the station decades ago. Do whatever you want just don't touch other people's stuff while you do it (and try to take your gang wars somewhere else please, nobody here is impressed with poorly dressed discount gangsta wannabees )


    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

    Posts : 2069
    Points : 2062
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Montenegro News Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Montenegro News Thread

    Post  AlfaT8 Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:52 pm

    George1
    George1

    Posts : 16354
    Points : 16855
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Montenegro News Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Montenegro News Thread

    Post  George1 Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:12 pm

    Montenegro received the first batch of American JLTV armored vehicles

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/4175935.html

    Sponsored content

    Montenegro News Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Montenegro News Thread

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:00 am