Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+49
Boreas
KomissarBojanchev
Karl Haushofer
par far
higurashihougi
Flagship Victory
eehnie
zg18
Khepesh
JohninMK
Dforce
TheArmenian
Mike E
kvs
victor1985
Ruthenius
Austin
Ispan
Glyph
PapaDragon
Godric
Ghoster
medo
Regular
Big_Gazza
Project Canada
BKP
magnumcromagnon
Werewolf
SturmGuard
sepheronx
The Mule
gregoire
2SPOOKY4U
OminousSpudd
whir
flamming_python
Walther von Oldenburg
Vann7
ExBeobachter1987
kap-the-head
KoTeMoRe
Rodinazombie
auslander
sektor
Cowboy's daughter
Neutrality
franco
Chersonesus
53 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #20

Mike E
    Mike E

The Situation in the Ukraine. #20 - Page 14 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #20

Post  Mike E Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:39 pm

Time for Putin to show the West what a real invasion looks like.  Twisted Evil
    medo
    medo

The Situation in the Ukraine. #20 - Page 14 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #20

Post  medo Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:49 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    USA and NATO armies invested lot more time and money into training and equipping Iraqi Army than they did at UAF.

We all seen how well that went...

Afghan and Saudi army also show US/NATO training results.
    Dforce

Post  Dforce Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:10 pm

Mike E wrote:

Quite so, this "Ukrainian invasion" does not seem to exist in the material world.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:31 pm

Mike E wrote:

What I find interesting here is, that Novorussia expect full Ukrainian offensive on a whole front with very large forces, practically with all Ukrainian capabilities. I have no doubt, that Novorussia have very good picture regarding Ukrainian forces as people in occupied territories don't like Ukies and inform Novorussia about anything what happened there, also Russia supply them with satellite pictures and intelligence, which they gather over whole Ukraine. In this reports Novorussia never mention how big are their forces and for some time they didn't give any information, how big their army is, how many soldiers they have, how many tanks, BMPs, artillery, etc. I think they have prepared all plans for any type of full Ukrainian invasion on the whole front with deep defense on the most probable paths of the main Ukrainian attacks. Anyway, Ukrainian offensive will not have one of the most important elements, which is surprise. Novorussia is expecting it and is ready.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:32 pm

Dforce wrote:
    Mike E wrote:

Quite so, this "Ukrainian invasion" does not seem to exist in the material world.

So, in your expert opinion, this increase of artillery bombardments and huge military buildup means what exactly?

How would you interpret it?

Are they all out there for a picnic, gazing at the stars or a spot of fishing?

Ive defended your presence here, yet your recent posts are quite moronic and come across as trolling. If you cant actually contribute anything worthwhile you might as well not bother.
    Dforce

Post  Dforce Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:58 pm

Rodinazombie wrote:
    Dforce wrote:
    Mike E wrote:

So, in your expert opinion, this increase of artillery bombardments and huge military buildup means what exactly?

Ive defended your presence here, yet your recent posts are quite moronic and come across as trolling. If you cant actually contribute anything worthwhile you might as well not bother.

Fishing, I think.

What confirmation do we really have for this "buildup"? The seps are screaming "Ukraine will attack" and Ukraine are sceaming "the seps will attack", but I would say that the evidence for ANY major attack is slim at best.

The artillery duels are not oragnized in a manner to defeat defensive positions in order to support a major attack, but looks more like random acts of violence followed with the usual posturing from both sides. The OSCE only reports of minor reinforcements on either side. Yes, both sides wants the other side to think they will attack unless their demands are met, but nobody have anything to gain from an attack. Ukraine would lose a lot of Western support, and Russia do not want to give the West any excuse for more sanctions.

If you call my reasoning "trolling" it is all fine, but at what date will you admit I might be right? No attack in a week, a month, or?
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:03 pm

Dforce wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:
    Dforce wrote:
    Mike E wrote:

Fishing, I think.

What confirmation do we really have for this "buildup"? The seps are screaming "Ukraine will attack" and Ukraine are sceaming "the seps will attack", but I would say that the evidence for ANY major attack is slim at best.

The artillery duels are not oragnized in a manner to defeat defensive positions in order to support a major attack, but looks more like random acts of violence followed with the usual posturing from both sides. The OSCE only reports of minor reinforcements on either side. Yes, both sides wants the other side to think they will attack unless their demands are met, but nobody have anything to gain from an attack. Ukraine would lose a lot of Western support, and Russia do not want to give the West any excuse for more sanctions.

If you call my reasoning "trolling" it is all fine, but at what date will you admit I might be right? No attack in a week, a month, or?
    That's more like it. Good comment.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:05 pm

medo wrote:
    Mike E wrote:

What I find interesting here is, that Novorussia expect full Ukrainian offensive on a whole front with very large forces, practically with all Ukrainian capabilities. I have no doubt, that Novorussia have very good picture regarding Ukrainian forces as people in occupied territories don't like Ukies and inform Novorussia about anything what happened there, also Russia supply them with satellite pictures and intelligence, which they gather over whole Ukraine. In this reports Novorussia never mention how big are their forces and for some time they didn't give any information, how big their army is, how many soldiers they have, how many tanks, BMPs, artillery, etc. I think they have prepared all plans for any type of full Ukrainian invasion on the whole front with deep defense on the most probable paths of the main Ukrainian attacks. Anyway, Ukrainian offensive will not have one of the most important elements, which is surprise. Novorussia is expecting it and is ready.

The surprise will be for the Kiev regime and NATO. You have hit on a critical detail: the size and readiness of the NAF. I believe
    it is much higher than it was in August of 2014. I think the NAF has 50,000 men and the number of tanks is probably over 200.
    If the regime throws all of its 90,000 troops and 450 tanks at Novorossia it will be totally frustrated. In spite of the factor of
    2 "advantage" of the regime in men and tanks, the actual effectiveness is lower than the NAF.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:08 pm

medo wrote:
    Mike E wrote:

NAF is just playing possum... oldest and best trick in the book.thumbsup

Last edited by PapaDragon on Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:09 pm

I dont think the whole attack of Ukraine ,once start a major offensive.. aims to take and hold territory and drive away the Rebels across all Donetsk and Lugansk.. The whole think is to use
    as many tanks and forces possible to and scare Russia so much about the possibility of Donetsk
    and Lugansk separatist to not hold ,that they will be forced to invade Ukraine..  
    In other words is a major Provocation plan ,to make Russian Army to invade Ukraine or
    use its Airforce and directly attack the Ukraine army position in a way that Russia cannot hide
    its participation and that is attacking ukraine.. so that later Kiev and Americans can demand
    the EU to start a more strong wave of sactions that could truly hurt and pressure more Russia
    economy..  In other words...   the whole offensive of kiev.. its ultimate goal is to break Russia economy by provoking Russia into invading Ukraine and later US have an excuse to Pressure Europe for a strong new wave of sanctions..

I have been saying that since 2014 ,since the conflict began... Reason why RUssia does not invade in a full scale war.. because it was an economic war..and the military of ukraine was used to achieve those objectives.. Why they bomb all vital facilities of Donetsk and Lugansk ,water supplies plants ,electric plants ,and chemical industry and mines..anything that Rebels could use to help civilians to have a life in eastern ukraine....so later Russia needs to use their money and repair it.. today now we see reports , confirming what i have been saying for a long time ..

The real reason behind Kiev's coming offensive is to plunge Russia into economic crisis

It seems that the bound for defeat Kiev's intention to attack Donbass has received its justification. They want to disconnect Russia from SWIFT and destroy it, this time once and for all. The Polish Vice-President of the European Parliament, Ryszard Czarnecki has literally said the following:

"As a result of exclusion from the international SWIFT system, the state budget of Russia would  lose 10%, while Russia's GDP would decrease by 5% per year."

"The exclusion of Russia from the international SWIFT system",  - he said in response to the question of what sanctions mean.

"Due to this decision, the Russian Federation will lose 5% of GDP per year. I want to draw your attention to the fact that for the first two quarters of the year, Russia has lost 4.6% of GDP. For the end of the year, the state treasury would lose 10%, it would be a calamity,"  - he said.

http://vz.ru/news/2015/8/17/761690.html

Vice-President of the European Parliament admits that there is an economic war being waged against Russia. War, aiming to repeat the scenario of "Perestroika", i.e. - the collapse of our country.

Thus, according to the MEP, now the economic situation in Russia is deteriorating, and reminds of the 80-s, when the Soviet Union could not withstand the economic, political and military competition with the West. "It was in the worst economic situation. Let's be honest, for the West this is a kind of hope. As for Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin - it is a headache," - said Czarnecki.

http://fortruss.blogspot.ca/2015/08/the-real-reason-behind-kievs-coming.html

The above report.. shows how Polish government thugs ,are already cheerleading
    Europe to start a major economic sabotage against Russia.

The Americans Government policies are easy to predict as 1 2 3..Because Americans cannot fight Russia directly.. they target its economy. and they repeat a lot their old ways. they are trying to give Russia another Soviet Afgan war.. A war that Americans CIA provoked on Russia and forced them to invade Afganistan.. and while on cameras the American Presidents were blaming soviets for the conflict and demanding they to leave Afganistan.. behind the scenes they trying to keep the soviets stuck in Afganistan for decades for fear the jihadist will eventually move into Russian territory , it was economic war..and Soviets did not saw the trap.

SO if Americans become really desperate.. what you will see now different is that Crimea and Russian border cities will become target of artillery too from Ukraine army with logistic provided
    by US satellites.

The Remaining question for me is what Most of the European Union will do.. specially germany and France.. will they allow Americans to escalate the conflict and sabotage their plans for an end of the conflict? or will they will follow Americans political games and pretend that Russia
    is the aggressor and the one not wanting to implement Minsk-2 and that kiev is only
    fighting " In self defense"..

When it comes to the light support of Russia to rebels.. with weapons and staff.. it will not easy for Ukraine or even NATO  to take any territory in any offensive if Rebels are well armed with modern light weapons that Russia have.. Between  Russia counter electronics that can blind
    NATO/kiev communications ,and Javelins long range missiles and NATO drones.. and the use of 10km kornets-EM will keep Ukraine or NATO at distance ,this is not mentioning Russia lazer munition artillery that can shutdown tanks on the move.. and that there have to be heavy Russian newer  long range  artillery like koalition  with 50km range that could provide support from RUssian Border.. to the rebels in secret..  All said the Rebels will not be alone.. and Ukraine taking control of the Borders with Russia in Donetsk and lugansk is wishful thinking. That is to think that Russia will do nothing and allow Kiev and Americans under their noses to fight the Rebels and indiscriminately bomb at their borders without Russia doing nothing.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:33 pm

''Minister: more than 250,000 tons of grain missing from Ukraine’s State Reserve''

http://tass.ru/en/world/815841

Words of Oliver Twist come to mind... Twisted Evil
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:55 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    ''Minister: more than 250,000 tons of grain missing from Ukraine’s State Reserve''

Not to worry, they will find a way to blame Russia.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:58 pm

Dforce wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:
    Dforce wrote:
    Mike E wrote:

Fishing, I think.

Thank you, good post at last!
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:07 am

PapaDragon wrote:

Good news. Not for the people of Ukraine, but for Novorossiya. Anything that harms Ukraine is good at this moment.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:09 am

kvs wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Not to worry, they will find a way to blame Russia.
    It might not be a 'new' theft, this is from the link which implies that it was known in 2013.

"Upon completion of the stocktaking, a shortfall of grain and grain products in the amount of 251,800 tons, which had been exposed by previous stocktaking inspections (held in the years 2001 through 2013 - TASS), was confirmed," an official said.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:10 am

Dforce wrote:

Fishing, I think.

Patrushev has repeated the same thing today. Putin more or less said the same words before him. That Kiev is not interested in fulfilling the Minks agreements and instead wants to solve the situation through military means. You can ofcourse claim that the Russians are lying but I wouldn't be so sure about that.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:15 am

For Porky and Co. ending the war in a single large offensive would be the best way to retain political legitimacy - war of attrition cannot do that and it guarantees that at some point in the near future Ukro society loses faith in the regime.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:43 am

At least 55 Russian traitors bit the dust in Donbas. Good riddance.

http://memorybook.org.ua/regions/other.htm
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:48 am

Mike E wrote:

Time for popcorn?

Kiev will have to change their plans if DPR know of them already.

eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:54 am

medo wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:Detailed briefing by Basurin about what is thought may happen. The video has captions

And the map behind him
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #20 - Page 14 80010f4703d0

90000 men
    450 tanks
    2500 BMP/BTR
    5 Tochka-U launch systems
    230 MLRS
    1050 artillery pieces and mortars
    3500 assorted AT weapons

The map is really just a possibility and shows everything that could happen, not what will happen as ukrops could not really launch that many major assaults at the same time with any hope of success, well, they can try....

When?....

On the paper, this is quite big force, but we must not forget that Novorussian army is not weak either. Only in Debalcevo they capture 87 tanks, 124 BMPs and APCs, around 400 peaces of artillery and mortars, etc and they have a lot of this equipment from earlier battles too. In the times of winter offensive Zaharchenko talk about plans to increase Novorussian army to 100.000 men and we could be sure, that Novorussian army didn't sleep for this half a year. They for sure increase their numbers too, so at best ratio between Ukrainian army and Novorussian army is around 1,5:1. Novorussian army is also more experienced, better trained and with higher moral in defending their homes and families as majority of Ukrainian soldiers are new mobilized ones and older veterans are mostly dead or invalids.

There is also a good question, how much reserves have Ukraine left to mobilize. I don't think they have much tanks, BMPs and BTRs and artillery left in reserves to bring them to the front. I think big part of those big numbers are really old reserves, more proper for museums than for the battlefield.

This force is about a 40% of the maximum that Ukraine can have available restoring all their warfare that run not. Ukraine has not money, then the easiest way to increase their warfare is to restore the pieces that they have from sovietic time and to use the old ammunition stored. I'm sure the biggest efforts to rearm Ukraine are done by this way. Also they can receive some sovietic warfare in little amounts from other Eastern Europe countries, but for these countries it is more comfortable to sale them as spare parts to recover the Ukranian warfare. Only little amounts remained in these countries before the war, and after the war all it will disappear from the arsenals of these countries. This is why I think a good part of the oldest Ukranian material can be restored with time, but still very difficult to see them to go over the theoric maximum (warfare owned running or not). Except in the case of T-72 and something else Ukraine can not increase its warfare from other Eastern Europe countries. It is necessary to take into account that some of these countries produced own versions of Sovietic warfare and that now are trying to build own armament industry from that basis. They do not want their variants to be destroyed in this war in order to protect the image of their own industry now suposedly meeting the NATO requirements.

Then to put in play a 40% of the theoric maximum is a very important effort, but also shows the weakness of the Ukranian military forces outside the frontline today. If this bareer is surpased there is "nothing" back. They keep back a higher percentage of their Surface-Air and Surface-Surface Systems but very little of the rest for as big territory. As example it is difficult to see how Ukraine can go with a strong army after Transdnistria. Also, it seems that they are working like if the chance of an attack from Russia outside of the current frontline would be 0.

The prospect for the Ukranian army is bad. Novorrussia can keep the front line with some, not big, help. At this point I think it is easier to see the Novorrussia forces surpasing the Ukranian army than the inverse situation. Taking the front line in a deep sense, there is bigger amount of forces ready to combat in the side of Novorrussia than in the side of Ukraine.

Even it is not difficult to see where the next Ukranian cauldron can fall.

Last edited by eehnie on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dforce

Post  Dforce Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:02 am

Neutrality wrote:
    Patrushev has repeated the same thing today. Putin more or less said the same words before him. That Kiev is not interested in fulfilling the Minks agreements and instead wants to solve the situation through military means. You can ofcourse claim that the Russians are lying but I wouldn't be so sure about that.

It is not as much lying as part of a propaganda war. The Kremlin would like most of all that Ukraine accepted the Minsk agreement and let the Republics back into Ukraine under the terms Russia have stipulated. Bar that, it would be in Moscows interest that Ukraine attacked and showed the world that the Russian side is defending itself. Therefore that is what Putin discuss.

However, if Ukraine chooses to do nothing, that is the least favourable outcome for Moscow. Russia have to take responsability for the areas and do not get any inflience in Kiev, and Ukraine can pretend they are definding themself. The more the inevitable integration between Russia and the affected areas deepens, the more the West can scream "more landgrab". I know what advice I would give to Poro if I was in that position. In fact, I would make it clear that financial help for Ukraine depended on him following that line of reasoning.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:40 am

Dforce wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:

It is not as much lying as part of a propaganda war. The Kremlin would like most of all that Ukraine accepted the Minsk agreement and let the Republics back into Ukraine under the terms Russia have stipulated. Bar that, it would be in Moscows interest that Ukraine attacked and showed the world that the Russian side is defending itself. Therefore that is what Putin discuss.

However, if Ukraine chooses to do nothing, that is the least favourable outcome for Moscow. Russia have to take responsability for the areas and do not get any inflience in Kiev, and Ukraine can pretend they are definding themself. The more the inevitable integration between Russia and the affected areas deepens, the more the West can scream "more landgrab". I know what advice I would give to Poro if I was in that position. In fact, I would make it clear that financial help for Ukraine depended on him following that line of reasoning.

Ukraine cannot choose to do nothing. If Ukraine does nothing, then Donbas will vote to join Russia and Ukraine will lose Donbas forever. I think the local elections in October will end Minsk 2 and there will be war after that.

Even if Ukraine does nothing, NAF will attack Kiev and Ukraine will become Syria 2.0

A country at war will never be accepted into NATO
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:59 am

Dforce wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:

If Ukraine chooses to do nothing they are still stuck with slow inevitable collapse. No stability, no resolution, no investments, no recovery, no future.

Russia does not have to take responsibility for jack sh*t. Novos can and do integrate with Russia even as we speak and no one remotely relevant says jack about it.

If Porkins and the gang want to still have a country with name Ukraine they will do as they are told by Ruskies regardless of how hard it is to swallow the terms.

Novos reintegrate in Ukraine under Russia's terms or no more Ukraine and Novo becomes new capitol of new state.

You just don't know how to recognise a no-win situation Big D. Twisted Evil lol1
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:04 am

kvs wrote:
    medo wrote:
    Mike E wrote:

The surprise will be for the Kiev regime and NATO.   You have hit on a critical detail: the size and readiness of the NAF.  I believe
    it is much higher than it was in August of 2014.   I think the NAF has 50,000 men and the number of tanks is probably over 200.
    If the regime throws all of its 90,000 troops and 450 tanks at Novorossia it will be totally frustrated.   In spite of the factor of
    2 "advantage" of the regime in men and tanks, the actual effectiveness is lower than the NAF.  

Well, if Franco is correct, NAF has roughly 70,000 troops or so.  There is a possibility they have more or less.  As for tank numbers, I keep hearing all kinds of rumors. 230 - 310 or so tanks what Franco presumes.

Last edited by sepheronx on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:09 am

Dforce wrote:It is not as much lying as part of a propaganda war. The Kremlin would like most of all that Ukraine accepted the Minsk agreement and let the Republics back into Ukraine under the terms Russia have stipulated.  Therefore that is what Putin discuss.

Under the terms of what would be Ukraine turning into a -wait for it- Federal state. Shocking isn't it? Like Belgium, Switzerland or Canada. We are all living in sheer terror under this system. Life is hard I tell you.

I'll spell it out for you: if Ukraine chooses to give up its unitary status and turn into a federal state it means Donetsk and Lugansk get their political self-rule status within the territory of Ukraine and with its own economy. De-facto Donetsk and Lugansk will become independent. That is not mentioning the potential fear in Kiev that other regions might get ideas. Kharkov, Dnepropetrovsk and perhaps even Odessa for example.

Bar that, it would be in Moscows interest that Ukraine attacked and showed the world that the Russian side is defending itself.

I just don't see this logic. If Ukraine attacked the Russian territory tomorrow then yes, we'd be talking about "Russia defending itself". But how does this kind of thinking fit in here? Ukraine is fighting against itself. This is a civil war and I don't give a sh*t if you think otherwise. If it smells like a civil war, talks like a civil war and behaves like a civil war then chances are it's in fact a civil war. Russia is simply giving Donbass, the part of Ukraine that doesn't want to be part of the current shenanigans, a last word. Volunteers? Sure. Limited supply of weapons? Sure, I won't disagree because clear cut evidence is there. Full blown use of Russian Armed Forces? I disagree there. We all witnessed in Crimea how a full blown use of the RuAF looks like.

However, if Ukraine chooses to do nothing, that is the least favourable outcome for Moscow.

And that's a wrong line of thinking. The less war rhetoric there is from Kiev, the more people's attention shifts towards internal problems. Like the crumbling economy for example and the destruction of livelihoods that go with it. Currently the war is scapegoat #1 that Kiev uses as an argument.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:57 pm