Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+49
Boreas
KomissarBojanchev
Karl Haushofer
par far
higurashihougi
Flagship Victory
eehnie
zg18
Khepesh
JohninMK
Dforce
TheArmenian
Mike E
kvs
victor1985
Ruthenius
Austin
Ispan
Glyph
PapaDragon
Godric
Ghoster
medo
Regular
Big_Gazza
Project Canada
BKP
magnumcromagnon
Werewolf
SturmGuard
sepheronx
The Mule
gregoire
2SPOOKY4U
OminousSpudd
whir
flamming_python
Walther von Oldenburg
Vann7
ExBeobachter1987
kap-the-head
KoTeMoRe
Rodinazombie
auslander
sektor
Cowboy's daughter
Neutrality
franco
Chersonesus
53 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #20

Mike E
    Mike E

The Situation in the Ukraine. #20 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #20

Post  Mike E Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:56 am

Werewolf wrote: What makes you think that there were any T-90's?
    Hate to re-post, but; https://tanknutstan.wordpress.com/2015/08/15/t-90-at-the-donbass/

I highly doubt they ever actually engaged.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

The Situation in the Ukraine. #20 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #20

Post  higurashihougi Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:02 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Shouldn't this be other way around? Neutral

And Poland still wonders why they get no respect from anyone... No

''Ukraine to resell Russian electricity to Poland at double price''

http://tass.ru/en/economy/815359

For centuries the Poles goverment has been the most anti-Russia and pro-West entity in the Eastern Europe.

And that leads to various devastating consequences.

BTW, about energy Very Happy Very Happy

http://sputniknews.com/business/20150819/1025928467/ukraine-europe-reverse-gas.html

Ukraine’s national oil and gas company, Naftogas of Ukraine, has made public the cost at which it purchased gas through the reverse flow from Europe: as it turned out, there were no gains and the company actually lost $75 million through its so-called strategy of “diversification of its natural gas suppliers.”
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:35 am

!!!! Buratino seen in Snezhnoe, photo evidence!

Spoiler:
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:36 am

Wow, is it real ? What a Face What a Face

http://sputniknews.com/world/20150820/1025956323/lutsk-recognizes-crimes-as-part-of-russia.html

The western Ukrainian city of Lutsk has acknowledged the Black Sea peninsula of Crimea as part of Russia, according to Alexander Spiridonov, head of the Crimean Committee for State Registration and Cadaster.

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:41 am

Khepesh wrote:!!!! Buratino seen in Snezhnoe, photo evidence!

Spoiler:
    Even the most famous Italians are joining the NAF!

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:49 am

auslander wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    I know about that button. One of the nice things about this site when I came is I didn't require an ignore button for anyone. But I guess all good things must come to an end. This guy reminds me of Jitter who was far worse than Dforce and his crew back on MP.net. Gotta give Dforce props for not deliberately going to piss off everyone here, much unlike the reputation he earned back during the Butthurt Flame War. Guess he learned his lesson after messing with you.

Loving the book by the way!

I agree, often good things do come to an end, that is one of life's tribulations. I knew he was a liar from the very first introduction post he made. There's no such thing as 'ex Marine' or 'ex Spetznaz'. Dforce to me is nothing more than an annoying summer fly buzzing around, the Bobbsie Twins about the same. This clown is begging to get banned and he knows it.

Glad you are enjoying the book! I don't know how far you are in to the tome but I will be curious to hear what you think of some events in Chapters 16 and 17 in regards to Annya Dmitrovna, Father Mitrofan and another character. When you are completely finished, let me know and I'll send you some information about the Post Scriptum, when it was written and why. I had debated on including the information in the novel but decided against it. You will understand when I send it.
    No former Marine I met is that stupid. Some may have even hated Russia but they were well aware of what the country was capable of and they wouldn't underestimate it or its people. There is a law in the States that makes it a felony to lie about service in the Armed Forces. He better hope that he doesn't get caught.

I made good progress in the book through my free time and I will definitely tell you what I think about Annya and Father Mitrofan!
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:10 am

Reported that Tochka-U and UAV was shot down over Donetsk last night dunno
    military maps shows an indication of ukrops air asset shot down in the region of the wasteheaps between Donetsk and Makeevka but do not say what.
    http://rusvesna.su/news/1440024880
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:07 am

Annanews have put forward a scenario in which Obama Merkel and Hollande will agree that Poroshenko launches the offensive, but then send in NATO "peacekeepers" after ukrops have complained that "Russian" forces have used chemical weapons against them, depleted uranium etc. The scenario sees NATO forces, presumably only French and German being visible, as this will be less antagonistic that Americans, advancing into Donbass at various points from Novoazovsk to Lugansk, and primarily on the coat-tails of ukrops tank thrusts that have been stalled by "Russian use of chemical weapons". The calculation being that Russia will see it as not viable to engage with NATO troops, same as what happened in Kosovo with the stand off at Prishtina, and will walk away.

I do not go with this at all as "peacekeepers" can only be used when there is at least some form of ceasefire, for instance now, not in a hot war were they will be dragged into the fighting. I also do not see France and Germany being so hostile to Russia, and cannot see their populations accepting this. But of course Germany is not an independant country as it is occupied and owned by America, but would France fall to such a level as ass licker to Washington? The article ends saying that a military downside to this for NATO is that if it did come to fighting with Russian Army, then NATO would be fucked. What I take from this scenario is that it is not really saying this will happen, but that be prepared for some really odd things to happen, and I suspect, as do many of us, a massive provocation/black flag operation, and when the dust clears, the possibility, and only the possibility of some form of "peacekeeping". So, a big game of chicken about to happen?

http://www.anna-news.info/node/41015
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:25 am

Khepesh wrote:Reported that Tochka-U and UAV was shot down over Donetsk last night dunno
    military maps shows an indication of ukrops air asset shot down in the region of the wasteheaps between Donetsk and Makeevka but do not say what.
    http://rusvesna.su/news/1440024880
    Is Tochka is so easy to shot down?
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:31 am

Regular wrote:
    Not with anything in VSN arsenal, but Pantsir should be able to deal with Tochka, but the closest are in Rostov.....

If a Tochka was involved and came down, then more likely it failed and exploded in flight same as one earlier in the year, near Pervomaisk if I remember correctly

Last edited by Khepesh on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:33 am

Khepesh wrote:Annanews have put forward a scenario in which Obama Merkel and Hollande will agree that Poroshenko launches the offensive, but then send in NATO "peacekeepers" after ukrops have complained that "Russian" forces have used chemical weapons against them, depleted uranium etc. The scenario sees NATO forces, presumably only French and German being visible, as this will be less antagonistic that Americans, advancing into Donbass at various points from Novoazovsk to Lugansk, and primarily on the coat-tails of ukrops tank thrusts that have been stalled by "Russian use of chemical weapons". The calculation being that Russia will see it as not viable to engage with NATO troops, same as what happened in Kosovo with the stand off at Prishtina, and will walk away.

I do not go with this at all as "peacekeepers" can only be used when there is at least some form of ceasefire, for instance now, not in a hot war were they will be dragged into the fighting. I also do not see France and Germany being so hostile to Russia, and cannot see their populations accepting this. But of course Germany is not an independant country as it is occupied and owned by America, but would France fall to such a level as ass licker to Washington? The article ends saying that a military downside to this for NATO is that if it did come to fighting with Russian Army, then NATO would be fucked. What I take from this scenario is that it is not really saying this will happen, but that be prepared for some really odd things to happen, and I suspect, as do many of us, a massive provocation/black flag operation, and when the dust clears, the possibility, and only the possibility of some form of "peacekeeping". So, a big game of chicken about to happen?

Why us? Rolling Eyes Why not send Poles, Baltics, British, Americans or some other army of a rusophobic country? I wouldn't like to see Bundeswehr in Ukraine and majority of soldiers would not like to go there either.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:39 am

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:
    Why us? Rolling Eyes Why not send Poles, Baltics, British, Americans or some other army of a rusophobic country? I wouldn't like to see Bundeswehr in Ukraine and majority of soldiers would not like to go there either.
    Well, I think it is not a 100% serious article, simply to create discussion and point out to be aware that strange and unexpected events may happen. I was surprised when I saw Bundeswehr go into Kosovo, but I think German military involvment in Ukraine is totally out of the question, also French. In a real crisis that may cause a major European war I do not see any country in Europe throwing their lives for Washington, except America's unsinkable aircraft carrier in the North Sea.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:54 am

Khepesh wrote:
    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:
    Well, I think it is not a 100% serious article, simply to create discussion and point out to be aware that strange and unexpected events may happen. I was surprised when I saw Bundeswehr go into Kosovo, but I think German military involvment in Ukraine is totally out of the question, also French. In a real crisis that may cause a major European war I do not see any country in Europe throwing their lives for Washington, except America's unsinkable aircraft carrier in the North Sea.
    Even we baulked at air attacks on Syria, so not as reliable a poodle as previously.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:02 am

So Russia bailed Ukraine out again with coal shipments. russia
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:03 am

Karl Haushofer wrote:So Russia bailed Ukraine out again with coal shipments. russia
    Link?
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:05 am

Khepesh wrote:Annanews have put forward a scenario in which Obama Merkel and Hollande will agree that Poroshenko launches the offensive, but then send in NATO "peacekeepers" after ukrops have complained that "Russian" forces have used chemical weapons against them, depleted uranium etc. The scenario sees NATO forces, presumably only French and German being visible, as this will be less antagonistic that Americans, advancing into Donbass at various points from Novoazovsk to Lugansk, and primarily on the coat-tails of ukrops tank thrusts that have been stalled by "Russian use of chemical weapons". The calculation being that Russia will see it as not viable to engage with NATO troops, same as what happened in Kosovo with the stand off at Prishtina, and will walk away.

I dont see any of this being likely at all, especially when you consider how quickly merkel and co went running to moscow for minsk 2 when the ukies were being pasted during the winter. Its clear they know the score and so dont want/need further escalation. The europeans are doing their best to turn their backs on ukraine, they are hardly going to want to fight ukraines war for it if they dont even want to pay their bills for them.

If NATO forces were given the green light to go into ukraine, im pretty sure before they are even deployed NAF will be going on the offensive backed by a northern typhoon and there would be no hope after that for the kiev regime or for ukraine remaining united at all.

medo
    medo

Post  medo Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:52 am

Khepesh wrote:
    Regular wrote:
    Not with anything in VSN arsenal, but Pantsir should be able to deal with Tochka, but the closest are in Rostov.....

If a Tochka was involved and came down, then more likely it failed and exploded in flight same as one earlier in the year, near Pervomaisk if I remember correctly

Maybe Osa-AKM, which Novorussian army have captured from Ukrainian army, could shot it down. I think Ukrainian army mostly use old Tochka missiles with 70 km range, which are not that fast and Osa-AKM could engage them in radar mode, as it fly in ballistic curve and doesn't make much maneuvers.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:00 am

4 Maidan soldiers KIA and 14 Maidan soldiers WIA yesterday cheers
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:01 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:[quote="Meanwhile DNR keeps the pressure on Kiev by opening the crucial coal supply railway. I wonder how the payment structure works.

KIEV, August 19. /TASS/. Donbas has started supplying anthracite coal to Ukraine by restored railroad. "On August 16-18, DTEK company made first deliveries of anthracite coal [to Ukraine] via Nikitovka-Mayorskaya railroad passage. Eight-five wagons (5,900 tons) were delivered. Resuming traffic on this part of railroad which was destroyed in military actions in 2014, will allow to increase export of coal from the confrontation zone by around 300,000 tons per month. It is planned that at the first stage, the passage will be able to let through 3 pairs of trains per day, and later the number can be increased to 7 pairs of trains and more," the company’s press service said.  The Nikitovka-Mayorskaya passage is the only operating station for delivering coal from Donbas to Kiev. DTEK press service added that 300 wagons of coal cannot be delivered to Kryvui Roh thermal power station through Yasinovataya-Skotovataya railroad passage. Traffic on this part of the railroad was suspended because of continuous shellings.  More than 2 million tons of coal are stored at warehouses in Donbas at the moment, DTEK said."]

Akhmetov owns this??

http://www.dtek.com/en/our-operations/locations

As I stated, yes Dtek is Akhmetov's moneymaker.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DTEK[/quote]

Yes you did....I overlooked or missed you saying that at first. Embarassed
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:06 am

It is highly unusual that Poroshenko be in Berlin on August 24 Independence Day meeting with mutti and puppi. I smell something smelly a cooking.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:15 am

Whats really funny, is that on 'INDEPENDENCE DAY' porky is running off to his masters in berlin.

So much for ukrainian independence. Wonder if ordinary ukrainians will get the sad irony of this.
    whir

Post  whir Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:22 am

Flagship Victory wrote:It is highly unusual that Poroshenko be in Berlin on August 24 Independence Day meeting with mutti and puppi. I smell something smelly a cooking.
    It's not like he can't take a plane and move between Kiev and Berlin in less than 2 hours time. Expect some grandiose statements about the bright future that awaits Ukraine by following current path.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:24 am

whir wrote:
    Flagship Victory wrote:It is highly unusual that Poroshenko be in Berlin on August 24 Independence Day meeting with mutti and puppi. I smell something smelly a cooking.
    It's not like he can't take a plane and move between Kiev and Berlin in less than 2 hours time. Expect some grandiose statements about the bright future that awaits Ukraine by following current path.

Ye but I mean why the heck he goes to Berlin on Independence Day meeting with mutti and puppi when he should be in Kiev? Perhaps false flag for offensive that day? Shocked
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:44 am

It is not surprising that with the current hightened military state and Poroshenko meeting Hollande and Merkel that people think about what will happen. This article is similar to the one by annanews, and says that it is Poroshenko's last throw of the dice, and that on 25 Aug, or soon after, Poroshenko will claim that a "large scale terrorist attack by Russian forces" is taking place, and then war. I don't really doubt it will happen, it's just the time, the date and the excuse that are not known. http://antifashist.com/item/poslednij-patron-valcmana.html#ixzz3jLkBDXIo
    whir

Post  whir Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:50 am

Flagship Victory wrote:Ye but I mean why the heck he goes to Berlin on Independence Day meeting with mutti and puppi when he should be in Kiev? Perhaps false flag for offensive that day? Shocked
    Probably because Poroshenko's visit is a last minute appointment for declining Kiev's invitation.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 pm