Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+43
Godric
Erk
kvs
2SPOOKY4U
Flagship Victory
Viktor
Khepesh
Inetwarrior
VladimirSahin
Ispan
Dforce
Walther von Oldenburg
Chersonesus
BKP
GarryB
Rodinazombie
calripson
Werewolf
franco
Regular
Big_Gazza
auslander
Ruthenius
ExBeobachter1987
Ghoster
Boreas
Cucumber Khan
gregoire
Vann7
KoTeMoRe
KomissarBojanchev
PapaDragon
Karl Haushofer
higurashihougi
Cowboy's daughter
Odin of Ossetia
flamming_python
Project Canada
par far
JohninMK
sepheronx
whir
Neutrality
47 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #19

Post  Guest Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:38 am

auslander wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    I've had him and his clone hausnabber on ignore for a long time. Makes life easier without having to wade through his pontifications.
    Eh, I would block him twice, but sometimes he manages to post some rather interesting news which I don't want to miss.

I am aware of that. You are my filter for him/him, that way I don't have to slog through the clutter.
    Very well, I personally don't see a need for a ignore list here, yet.... Thankfully, this isn't the Butthurt thread. With that, Flagship Karl is the only regular poster here that manages to annoy me at times, so I see why'd you would block him.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #19

Post  Guest Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:41 am

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Project Canada wrote:

Who would want to take on a basket case country the size of Ukraine? Absorption just isn't going to happen. Russia got rid of Ukraine over 20 years ago and certainly doesn't want it back as it now has little it wants, apart from some more Russian speaking immigrants perhaps.

I dont know about you, but I would like to see either of these maps in my lifetime

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 9 Russian_empire The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 9 Ussr

So Russia should take territory from Iran and China? Do you realize what that would cost?

And Finland wtf??
    That is right. Now Karl, bow down to your new Russian overlords and we may forgive you for your remark.

(Couldn't resist)
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:54 am

Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    I've had him and his clone hausnabber on ignore for a long time. Makes life easier without having to wade through his pontifications.
    Eh, I would block him twice, but sometimes he manages to post some rather interesting news which I don't want to miss.

I am aware of that. You are my filter for him/him, that way I don't have to slog through the clutter.
    Very well, I personally don't see a need for a ignore list here, yet.... Thankfully, this isn't the Butthurt thread. With that, Flagship Karl is the only regular poster here that manages to annoy me at times, so I see why'd you would block him.

He ranks right up there with jock itch but I don't want to see him or his alter ego banned, far from it. I firmly believe that everyone here has the right to their own opinions and I trust in you to reveal his occasional forays in to a semblance of sanity to me and the rest who have put him on the honor roll.

Last edited by auslander on Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change 'hear' for 'here'.)
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:43 am

Seems seven OSCE vehicles were burned in Donetsk last night. Maybe they will start to get the message, but I doubt it.
    http://ria.ru/world/20150809/1173481405.html
    Ghoster
    Ghoster

Post  Ghoster Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:11 pm

Gorlovka reported to be under massive artillery attack 20 minutes ago.

From News Front:
    Gorlovka, 12:40

12.40 - reported falls in the area of ​​88 and Bayrak
       12.32 - Hail and APC fly constantly, and now the north-west and north, 6/7, Michurino, Besarabka Nikitovka - the shelter !!! The West, too !!!
       12.23 - again Grads with Kurdyumovki and not only we still fly 152mm APC
       12.14 - again to go to Golm. By Zaitsevo Croutes 120mm tightly, holmium all lit ...
       11.27 - just ohreneli, in broad daylight Grad ... There are wounded in the side Nikitovka, soldiers or civilians - do not know.

Gorlovka, 11:22

11.22 - Life is completely lay to the north. With my connection only through Phoenix.
       11.20 - Attention !!! Grad KURDYUMOVKA!
       11.17 - let's wish good luck to our children and the local population holmium and Zaitsev, there's just the epicenter of hell. Lay down without stopping. Our stand, but there is a bad connection.
       11.14 - sobschaet that by Kurdyumovki used by us, the installation similar to Grad-P. Lupyat 2, 3 of the projectile.
       11.05 - again fire away Nikitovka. Road to Artemovsk still blocked, Natsik not allowed, right up there with beating block posts, under the guise of human beings in traffic.
       11.00 - all without changes, it falls Golm is slightly to the left, closer to the Nikitovka.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:12 pm

Heavy fire on Gorlovka, seems to be at the level of the bad week in January. Grad and 152mm artillery reported used, people swimming caught under a barrage, power out in many areas and possibility of Gorlovka going offline.

edit: Many casualties being reported and OSCE refuse to go to Gorlovka

Golm, NE side of Gorlovka, it has got worse since this video of two hours ago.
    Ghoster
    Ghoster

Post  Ghoster Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:20 pm

Khepesh wrote:Seems seven OSCE vehicles were burned in Donetsk last night. Maybe they will start to get the message, but I doubt it.
    A spokesperson from DPR's council of ministers called the arson "carried out by Kiev saboteurs for provocative purposes". Suspect

http://dan-news.info/politics/podzhog-avtomobilej-obse-osushhestvlen-diversantami-kieva-v-provokacionnyx-celyax-istochnik.html

What a load of bollocks that guy is. Ignore all the protests people in Donetsk staged near the OSCE building, including the one 3 days ago with 300+ people. All Kiev saboteurs? dunno
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:42 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Project Canada wrote:

Who would want to take on a basket case country the size of Ukraine? Absorption just isn't going to happen. Russia got rid of Ukraine over 20 years ago and certainly doesn't want it back as it now has little it wants, apart from some more Russian speaking immigrants perhaps.

I dont know about you, but I would like to see either of these maps in my lifetime

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 9 Russian_empire The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 9 Ussr

WTF are we gonna do with millions of blood-crazed Ukrainian peasants who hate us?

Get real man, the time for colonialism and imperialism is over.
    These days, occupying someone who wants out of your country or never asked to join in the first place is nothing but a drag, a slow-acting poison pill even.

We don't need the Ukraine, all we should do is reduce our exposure and investment there to nothing, and cancel all forms of subsidies and everything else - so that we don't loose any more money there than the dozens of billions that we've lost already.
    We should also stop the war, by annihilating the Ukrainian army in the Donbass or facilitating its annihilation, so that that organization is no longer capable of killing the people that happen to disagree with the coupists who were appointed to rule them.

Getting the Donbass population safe and withdrawning our assets from the Ukraine is the only thing that matters; I don't care how/what the Ukraine does after that or how they live.
    This policy should be permenant, no forgive and forget, building up new ties with the next government crap or anything like that. Any money invested there is bound to be lost for good - it comes down to that, and also that this is far too much of an unreliable and unstable country that at its core hates us - to bother building any sort of meaningful economic or political relationship with.
    Yeah I'm sorry about all the freezing pensioners, anti-government people left in the government-controlled eastern regions, the sane Ukrainians in the country and so on. They can emigrate to Russia if they want, Russia is not Scandinavia or Germany but it's still a decent place to live. Other than that, can't help them.

Every single reason galicians hate russians is caused by historical lies propogated by Pilsudski's poland and then imported by galician CIA puppets in the 90s. Due to the current economic downfall caused by said galician nazi CIA asset government, and if Russia reminds agressively enough about the numerous times in history that it has helped the west ukrainians(liberation from oppressive austrohungarian empire, liberation from the disgusting pilsudski regime, soviet encouragement of galician culture) the whole artificial Russophobia will fall like a house of cards and galician people may well become one of the biggest proponents of a russky mir.

It will be even easier to convince the rusyns to become rightful members of the east slavic world.

And even if you think there is no point in convincing  your current grave enemies(with excuses like "same blood doesn't matter"), why do you approve of reconcialiation with the " western partners", who cannot be further from russian culture and have always been hostile to russian interests throughout history?

Yours and united russia's rigid thinking will do your country more harm than good.

THE ENTIRE UKRAINE IS RUSSIA AND WILL RETURN TO RUSSIA
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:00 pm

Bombardment intensifies and now extends to 5th quarter in the last few minutes
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:23 pm

Khepesh wrote:Heavy fire on Gorlovka, seems to be at the level of the bad week in January. Grad and 152mm artillery reported used, people swimming caught under a barrage, power out in many areas and possibility of Gorlovka going offline.

And Russia/DPR does nothing...
    Ghoster
    Ghoster

Post  Ghoster Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:40 pm

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:Heavy fire on Gorlovka, seems to be at the level of the bad week in January. Grad and 152mm artillery reported used, people swimming caught under a barrage, power out in many areas and possibility of Gorlovka going offline.

And Russia/DPR does nothing...
    I feel the worst for the people living there. They really need to let their government know that they won't stand for being bombed day and night. It's reasonable to believe that it's even worse for the militia at the front who can only answer with small-arms fire to heavy artillery strikes launched by junta. And the intensity of these attacks is only increasing...
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:54 pm

Ghoster wrote:
    I feel the worst for the people living there. They really need to let their government know that they won't stand for being bombed day and night. It's reasonable to believe that it's even worse for the militia at the front who can only answer with small-arms fire to heavy artillery strikes launched by junta. And the intensity of these attacks is only increasing...
    "Self defence Gorlovka" has called on Zakharchenko to bring heavy weapons back to the front, and in an ongoing poll with so far 3,000+ votes, 76% vote "fuck the ceasefire let's get the ukrops".

Gorlovka medical services report large number of wounded. Last time they used this phrase there were almost 80, that was on the bad Sunday in January when 30+ also died.
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:55 pm

Khepesh wrote:Seems seven OSCE vehicles were burned in Donetsk last night. Maybe they will start to get the message, but I doubt it.

Yeah well, when seven OSCE vehicles get burned in Donetsk, it kind of influences what they do.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:58 pm

Think he's been smoking the wrong stuff

Odessa governor Mikheil Saakashvili has unveiled an ambitious plan to divert China’s New Silk Road economic corridor to run across Ukrainian territory. In an interview with the Kiev-based Channel 5 TV, Georgia’s ex-president said that the trade flows of China’s transit and economic corridor, to run from Beijing to Berlin, should pass through his region’s seaport of Ilyichevsk. “All we need to do to make this happen is build an auto road to Reni (a town in southwestern Ukraine), erect a bridge across the Dniester estuary and enact an autobahn concession law,” Saakashvili said.

“Going through Russia the Chinese goods will take 30 days to reach the EU and only nine via the Ilyechevsk seaport… All the necessary infrastructure is already there… There is huge traffic out there that we can divert here. From here we’ll build a highway to Reni. Then we’ll build a big bridge across the Dniester estuary to make sure that Bessarabia is not taken away… We are already working on this,” Saakashvili explained. He also promised to improve the road to Kiev and to remove obstacles in the form of "bribery, lawlessness and oligarchic interests."

It had earlier been reported that Chinese banks were ready to invest into infrastructure projects in Ukraine as part of the New Silk Road initiative. Chinese President Xi Jinping announced plans in 2013 to construct a new Silk Road for international trade, stretching from the eastern sprawl of Shanghai and Beijing through Xinjiang to Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Afghanistan before snaking into central and Western Europe.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150809/1025547239.html#ixzz3iJnCHTI6
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:01 pm

Erk wrote:

Yeah well, when seven OSCE vehicles get burned in Donetsk, it kind of influences what they do.
    Not spying and doing their job without any bias, for instance removing their UPA diaspora spokesman in Kiev at the least, would also influence peoples anger towards them.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:13 pm

Preliminary data, and as yet unofficial, shows that in a quarry between the 88th and 5th quarters approximately 230-250 people were on the beach or swimming when hit by ukrops bombardment that lasted for 15-20 minutes. These people were mostly family groups with children. It seems there were about 50 casualties. About deaths or type of wounds is not released yet. Golmovsky has been under constant bombardment and the situation there is believed to be severe.
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:21 pm

JohninMK wrote:Think he's been smoking the wrong stuff

Odessa governor Mikheil Saakashvili has unveiled an ambitious plan to divert China’s New Silk Road economic corridor to run across Ukrainian territory. In an interview with the Kiev-based Channel 5 TV, Georgia’s ex-president said that the trade flows of China’s transit and economic corridor, to run from Beijing to Berlin, should pass through his region’s seaport of Ilyichevsk. “All we need to do to make this happen is build an auto road to Reni (a town in southwestern Ukraine), erect a bridge across the Dniester estuary and enact an autobahn concession law,” Saakashvili said.

“Going through Russia the Chinese goods will take 30 days to reach the EU and only nine via the Ilyechevsk seaport… All the necessary infrastructure is already there… There is huge traffic out there that we can divert here. From here we’ll build a highway to Reni. Then we’ll build a big bridge across the Dniester estuary to make sure that Bessarabia is not taken away… We are already working on this,” Saakashvili explained. He also promised to improve the road to Kiev and to remove obstacles in the form of "bribery, lawlessness and oligarchic interests."

It had earlier been reported that Chinese banks were ready to invest into infrastructure projects in Ukraine as part of the New Silk Road initiative. Chinese President Xi Jinping announced plans in 2013 to construct a new Silk Road for international trade, stretching from the eastern sprawl of Shanghai and Beijing through Xinjiang to Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Afghanistan before snaking into central and Western Europe.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150809/1025547239.html#ixzz3iJnCHTI6

He obviously is quoting the worst route he can find to distort the article. In reality the 2013, a direct container, pallet, and general cargo rail service began, almost 10,000 km from Łódź, Poland, to inland Chengdu, China, through Siberia in 14 days. Expected to get faster. http://www.gochengdu.cn/mobile/modern-trains-to-revive-ancient-silk-road-a118.html
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:24 pm

Khepesh wrote:Preliminary data, and as yet unofficial, shows that in a quarry between the 88th and 5th quarters approximately 230-250 people were on the beach or swimming when hit by ukrops bombardment that lasted for 15-20 minutes. These people were mostly family groups with children. It seems there were about 50 casualties. About deaths or type of wounds is not released yet. Golmovsky has been under constant bombardment and the situation there is believed to be severe.
    Shit. They are trying really hard to provoke a response. They are getting more desperate as the finances crumble. I suppose in some ways it is good that many of the decision makers and senior officials in the West are on their summer holidays and don't want anything to happen just now.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:29 pm

Khepesh wrote:Preliminary data, and as yet unofficial, shows that in a quarry between the 88th and 5th quarters approximately 230-250 people were on the beach or swimming when hit by ukrops bombardment that lasted for 15-20 minutes. These people were mostly family groups with children. It seems there were about 50 casualties. About deaths or type of wounds is not released yet. Golmovsky has been under constant bombardment and the situation there is believed to be severe.

Jesus that's terrible. Let me guess, OSCE are oblivious again?
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:47 pm

Official data from the shelling of the beach is one dead and five wounded. So not as bad as first reported, but there are other casualties from other districts and the bombardment continues. The ongoing poll now at 5500 votes and still holds at 76% percent to "fuck the ceasefire and get the ukrops". It's all been happening at Shirokino as well today....
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:51 pm

Khepesh wrote:Official data from the shelling of the beach is one dead and five wounded. So not as bad as first reported, but there are other casualties from other districts and the bombardment continues.

Doesn't this intense shelling usually happen when there's a rotation on Ukrops side? New units adjusting their artillery? I hope the day comes when I'll be watching TOS-1 Buratinos raining down terror on their positions.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:59 pm

Neutrality wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:Official data from the shelling of the beach is one dead and five wounded. So not as bad as first reported, but there are other casualties from other districts and the bombardment continues.

Doesn't this intense shelling usually happen when there's a rotation on Ukrops side? New units adjusting their artillery? I hope the day comes when I'll be watching TOS-1 Buratinos raining down terror on their positions.
    It seems sometimes, but this is approaching the January levels of bombardment. People are more cautious now so there should be far less casualties, hoepfully.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:01 pm

Khepesh wrote:
    Ghoster wrote:
    "Self defence Gorlovka" has called on Zakharchenko to bring heavy weapons back to the front, and in an ongoing poll with so far 3,000+ votes, 76% vote "fuck the ceasefire let's get the ukrops".

Gorlovka medical services report large number of wounded. Last time they used this phrase there were almost 80, that was on the bad Sunday in January when 30+ also died.

What a great idea - or shall we say "gesture of goodwill" - it was to withdraw heavy weapons. I don't know what kind of idiots are making the decisions over there because this was very predictable from the beginning.

I have written it a thousand of times before. This war is not going to end until the junta is militarily defeated. We will continue to see civilians being slaughtered daily. And some days are going to be really bad - like today - with a big number of people dying or being maimed. THIS IS NOT GOING TO END! NOT IN YEARS. NOT EVEN IN DECADES. It will continue indefinitely.

The only way to stop is a direct battle against the junta with heavy weapons and with Russian air force. Russia has to inflict such casualties to the junta - tens of thousands of KIA and WIA - that it cannot continue this war in years.

But this is not going to happen as all of us should know by now.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:01 pm

With all the news from Gorlovka this had so far escaped attention. A demonstration at OSCE offices in Lugansk today by 350 people demanding they stop sitting in restaurants and do their job. http://dnr-news.com/dnr/23904-zhiteli-luganska-potrebovali-ot-sotrudnikov-obse-perestat-otsizhyvatsya-v-restoranah.html
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 9 80b3b20ad329

Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:04 pm

This is beyond horrible. Hope that the number of killed will not rise anymore.

But why do they go swimming or spend time outside? They should stay in basements for 24 hours per day and only go out to get food.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:56 am