Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+93
LMFS
KiloGolf
miketheterrible
AMCXXL
Luq man
d_taddei2
MC-21
Tingsay
HM1199
berhoum
Pierre Sprey
Singular_Transform
Big_Gazza
George1
kvs
PapaDragon
Isos
Rmf
Kimppis
JohninMK
Project Canada
Russian Patriot
archangelski
marcellogo
Benya
Pincus Shain
max steel
DB1234
Genjurooo
Morpheus Eberhardt
AK-Rex
Book.
Svyatoslavich
Backinblack
Varyag
kopyo-21
KRATOS1133
sheytanelkebir
Cucumber Khan
Elsarof
medo
victor1985
Berkut
GunshipDemocracy
nastle77
Manov
Mike E
higurashihougi
Sassanidsaxon
Werewolf
mutantsushi
sepheronx
Alex555
Flyboy77
Vympel
collegeboy16
nemrod
Anas Ali
etaepsilonk
Hannibal Barca
Hachimoto
magnumcromagnon
SOC
AlfaT8
mack8
TheArmenian
Department Of Defense
psg
gaurav
Firebird
eridan
indochina
runaway
a89
ricky123
Sancho
Stealthflanker
KomissarBojanchev
flamming_python
Sujoy
Dima
Chrisa
TR1
Cyberspec
GarryB
ahmedfire
nightcrawler
Hoof
Austin
Viktor
tunguska
Vladislav
Admin
97 posters

MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

JohninMK
    JohninMK

MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News - Page 18 Empty Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

Post  JohninMK Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:34 am

This was a throwaway line at the bottom of a Buk article.

Meanwhile, the Tikhomirov Design Bureau is also working on a compact phased array radar for MiG-29 fighters, Yak-40 training aircraft and UAVs.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20150815/1025776284.html#ixzz3isHwRtum

Austin

Post  Austin Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:17 pm

CEO: order backlog RAC "MiG" is about $ 4 billion

http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/2201424

MOSCOW, August 21. / TASS /. The portfolio of orders RAC "MiG" is currently at about $ 4 billion, said on Friday the company's general director Sergei Korotkov.

"I am optimistic about the future of RAC" MiG ", given the current backlog of orders - some $ 4 billion. It grows and the volume of production", - he said.

"Existing orders, according to my calculations, will last until 2023," - said the head of the company.

The share of defense contracts in the production of RAC "MiG" currently stands at 30%, he said shortly. "We want to make 50 to 50%", - he added, noting that the best for the company is the production level of 24 aircraft per year.

In July last year, Korotkov said reporters that the company's portfolio in the medium term is about 100 aircraft, with the Corporation annually produces and delivers about 24 cars.

32 Aircraft

RAC "MiG" this year will put Russian and foreign customers 32 aircraft, said Sergei Korotkov.

"The Corporation will deliver 32 aircraft this year, intended for the Russian Defense Ministry, as well as for foreign customers," - said shortly.

In particular, he said, it is about the supply of deck-based fighters MiG-29K / KUB for India. "This year we put under contract to eight aircraft," - said the head of the company.

Earlier it was reported that the delivery of carrier-based version of the MiG-29 in India will be completed by the end of 2016. Deputy Director of the Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC) Anatoly Punchuk in February said that the Indian military at that time had already received 33 of the 45 aircraft ordered.

In addition, RAC "MiG" delivers carrier-based fighter for the Russian Navy, which has ordered 24 of these machines. Also, the company must deliver in 2015-2016 the Defense Ministry, a total of 16 MiG-29 SMT, a contract was signed last year.

The contract for the supply of MiG-35

He also said that the RAC "MiG" plans by year's end to conclude with the Russian Ministry of Defense contract to supply MiG-35.

"We are waiting for such a contract - all documents are prepared, and they are now being considered. By the end of the year, to a maximum of beginning of the next, very much hope that the contract will be signed," - he said.

Earlier, Deputy Defense Minister Yuri Borisov said that the Russian military under the state armaments program until 2020 will get 30 MiG-35. As the late commander of aerospace forces of Russia Viktor Bondarev, the aircraft will enter the army in 2018.

Proposals for a five-ton drone

RAC "MiG" to the end of the year will present the Ministry of Industry of the Russian Federation proposals on the appearance of unmanned aircraft weighing five tons, said the company's CEO.

"We are currently in the framework of the contract with the Ministry of Industry R & D at the option image unmanned aircraft in the class pyatitonnik. We are going according to the schedule that we have identified, and materials to the end of the year will give the Ministry of Industry. And then they probably something we offer ", - he said shortly.

In addition, "MiG" is working to determine the shape of prospective interceptor for the Russian aviation.

"Today we are conducting research and development, which allows to determine the shape of the complex long-range interception. Upon completion of this work will address the issue of the contract (with the Defense Ministry to create it)," - said shortly.

Earlier, Viktor Bondarev said that development work on the creation of a new interceptor to replace the existing MiG-31 will begin no earlier than 2019.

MiG-31 is not available in Syria

RAC "MiG" is not supplied, and does not intend to deliver to Syria MiG-31, said Sergei Korotkov. Earlier, some foreign media reported that Russia has supplied Syria several interceptors that type.

"We are planes to Syria is not supplied, and there are not going to exploit," - said Korotkov, responding to a question.

MiG-31 is in service since the early 1980s. Now this type of aircraft being overhauled, the results of which the Russian army will have more than 130 machines in the version of the MiG-31BM. Now the work is being done on two contracts signed in 2011 and 2014.

It is expected that the development of the interceptor to replace the MiG-31 will not begin until 2019 - such data announced in mid-August, the commander in chief of Russia Viktor Bondarev videoconferencing.

RAC "MiG" is not a contract for the supply of MiG-29 Egypt

RAC "MiG" does not currently have a contract for the supply of MiG-29 fighters to Egypt, Tass said company spokeswoman Anastasia Kravchenko.

So she commented on some media reports, according to which "MiG" allegedly put the car this type of Egyptian military.

"Rumors of our promising contracts are exaggerated and are nothing more than speculation," - said Kravchenko.

Last year in the RAC "MiG" stated that they expect the contract to supply Egypt MiG-35. Earlier this year, Egypt has signed a contract with France for the supply of 24 fighter aircraft Dassault Rafale, becoming the first foreign customer of this type of aircraft. In addition, in the spring, US President Barack Obama has decided to resume the supply of military equipment to Egypt, including 12 F-16 aircraft.
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:53 pm

Not really surprised but dissapointing that there is no contract with Egypt. I wonder what is happening to those MiG-29M/M2s already built for Syria.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:08 pm

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1443273.html

Interesting news from MiG production. MiG will produce this year 32 planes. There will be 10 MiG-29K for RuNAVY, 8 MiG-29SMT for RuAF and 8 MiG-29K/KUB for Indian NAVY. They will also build 6 MiG-29M/M2 for unknown customer, which is kept in secret. Considering, that MiG already produce some MiG-29M/M2 for Syria in the past, but were not delivered, someone could get a whole squadron of them. Question is, who. Maybe they are for RuAF, but those planes are without IFR capabilities, considering that even MiG-29SMT have IFR capabilities, I doubt. Syrian planes are without IFR, so maybe customer is either Syria or Iraq. But, there was a good comment of TR1 in some other forum, that in that case there would be Arab pilots and ground personal training on those planes. Maybe they are in Russia and train on those planes and we will soon see if they will go to Syria or to Iraq or maybe they are not. In that case, I think, that maybe the secret customer of those MiG-29M/M2 planes could be Novorussia. They are Russians and their pilots and ground personal could be easily hiden between ordinary RuAF pilots and ground personal. No one could distinguish them.

There is another question, which is not mentioned in medias. Soon it will be a year around, when Novorussian forces liberated Lugansk airport, which is south of Lugansk city and is enough far away from the front for secure operations. I wonder if LNR repair this airfield, at least runway, taxiways, apron and control tower, that MiGs could operate from there. With stand-off PGMs, they could bring a lot of headaches to Ukrainian army.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:22 pm

medo wrote:http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1443273.html

Interesting news from MiG production. MiG will produce this year 32 planes. There will be 10 MiG-29K for RuNAVY, 8 MiG-29SMT for RuAF and 8 MiG-29K/KUB for Indian NAVY. They will also build 6 MiG-29M/M2 for unknown customer, which is kept in secret. Considering, that MiG already produce some MiG-29M/M2 for Syria in the past, but were not delivered, someone could get a whole squadron of them. Question is, who. Maybe they are for RuAF, but those planes are without IFR capabilities, considering that even MiG-29SMT have IFR capabilities, I doubt. Syrian planes are without IFR, so maybe customer is either Syria or Iraq. But, there was a good comment of TR1 in some other forum, that in that case there would be Arab pilots and ground personal training on those planes. Maybe they are in Russia and train on those planes and we will soon see if they will go to Syria or to Iraq or maybe they are not. In that case, I think, that maybe the secret customer of those MiG-29M/M2 planes could be Novorussia. They are Russians and their pilots and ground personal could be easily hiden between ordinary RuAF pilots and ground personal. No one could distinguish them.

There is another question, which is not mentioned in medias. Soon it will be a year around, when Novorussian forces liberated Lugansk airport, which is south of Lugansk city and is enough far away from the front for secure operations. I wonder if LNR repair this airfield, at least runway, taxiways, apron and control tower, that MiGs could operate from there. With stand-off PGMs, they could bring a lot of headaches to Ukrainian army.

Novorussia? They have bigger priorities.

It's probably for Serbia
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:19 pm

flamming_python wrote:

It's probably for Serbia

I doubt, they are for Serbia. There was talks about Serbia buying new MiGs years ago, but nothing was ordered as Serbia doesn't have money for them. They only order two helicopters Mi-17 now.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:37 pm

medo wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

Interesting news from MiG production. MiG will produce this year 32 planes. There will be 10 MiG-29K for RuNAVY, 8 MiG-29SMT for RuAF and 8 MiG-29K/KUB for Indian NAVY. They will also build 6 MiG-29M/M2 for unknown customer, which is kept in secret. Considering, that MiG already produce some MiG-29M/M2 for Syria in the past, but were not delivered, someone could get a whole squadron of them. Question is, who. Maybe they are for RuAF, but those planes are without IFR capabilities, considering that even MiG-29SMT have IFR capabilities, I doubt. Syrian planes are without IFR, so maybe customer is either Syria or Iraq. But, there was a good comment of TR1 in some other forum, that in that case there would be Arab pilots and ground personal training on those planes. Maybe they are in Russia and train on those planes and we will soon see if they will go to Syria or to Iraq or maybe they are not. In that case, I think, that maybe the secret customer of those MiG-29M/M2 planes could be Novorussia. They are Russians and their pilots and ground personal could be easily hiden between ordinary RuAF pilots and ground personal. No one could distinguish th

It's probably for Serbia

I doubt, they are for Serbia. There was talks about Serbia buying new MiGs years ago, but nothing was ordered as Serbia doesn't have money for them. They only order two helicopters Mi-17 now.

Money is not the only way to pay.

I'm thinking they could also be for Bangladesh or Sri Lanka. Possibly for the Norks.

Post  Guest Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:22 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    medo wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

Interesting news from MiG production. MiG will produce this year 32 planes. There will be 10 MiG-29K for RuNAVY, 8 MiG-29SMT for RuAF and 8 MiG-29K/KUB for Indian NAVY. They will also build 6 MiG-29M/M2 for unknown customer, which is kept in secret. Considering, that MiG already produce some MiG-29M/M2 for Syria in the past, but were not delivered, someone could get a whole squadron of them. Question is, who. Maybe they are for RuAF, but those planes are without IFR capabilities, considering that even MiG-29SMT have IFR capabilities, I doubt. Syrian planes are without IFR, so maybe customer is either Syria or Iraq. But, there was a good comment of TR1 in some other forum, that in that case there would be Arab pilots and ground personal training on those planes. Maybe they are in Russia and train on those planes and we will soon see if they will go to Syria or to Iraq or maybe they are not. In that case, I think, that maybe the secret customer of those MiG-29M/M2 planes could be Novorussia. They are Russians and their pilots and ground personal could be easily hiden between ordinary RuAF pilots and ground personal. No one could distinguish th

It's probably for Serbia

I'm thinking they could also be for Bangladesh or Sri Lanka. Possibly for the Norks.
    Definitely not Best Korea. Thanks to Russia's positive relationship with South Korea nothing will happen.

Anyway Berkut posted this elsewhere but there are MiG-35Ds being built for an undisclosed foreign customer.

Picture: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News - Page 18 171355
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:23 pm

Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    medo wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

It's probably for Serbia

Definitely not Best Korea. Thanks to Russia's positive relationship with South Korea nothing will happen.

Anyway Berkut posted this elsewhere but there are MiG-35Ds being built for an undisclosed foreign customer.

Russia has a good working relationship with S. Korea; some joint projects, investment into each others military technologies, and S. Korea put no sanctions on Russia.

However S. Korea is no big Russian arms customer, and relations with them are not as close as with say India. More like the same as with Israel, a nation to whose rivals Russia has shown little reservation about selling to.

N. Korea asked recently for Su-35s (probably as a nuke delivery vehicle, that's why they wanted the best).
    Instead Russia may have agreed to sell it only Mig-35s, or MiG-29Ms.
    This might also explain the secrecy of the contract.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:08 pm

Problem is, that customer is kept in secret as well as pilots and ground personal in trainings. If they are Koreans or Arabs, someone could notice, when they come out from training center or they are not leaving training center and stay inside.

Other case is, if customer is Novorussia and planes were payed by Russia. In that case pilots and personal are Russians, either pilots and crews from Novorussia itself or Russian volunteers. In that case no one could distinguish them from other RuAF personal. We will get the answer, when the planes will be finished and painted.

Post  Guest Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:30 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    medo wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

It's probably for Serbia

Russia has a good working relationship with S. Korea; some joint projects, investment into each others military technologies, and S. Korea put no sanctions on Russia.

However S. Korea is no big Russian arms customer, and relations with them are not as close as with say India. More like the same as with Israel, a nation to whose rivals Russia has shown little reservation about selling to.

N. Korea asked recently for Su-35s (probably as a nuke delivery vehicle, that's why they wanted the best).
    Instead Russia may have agreed to sell it only Mig-35s, or MiG-29Ms.
    This might also explain the secrecy of the contract.
    Right, Russia has a lot of cooperation with South Korea. I even have family members who have visited South Korea for business trips a few times. I fail to see why Russia would endanger their relationship with the South Koreans because of all the ongoing cooperation. Disregarding the possibility of the Su-35 being used as a nuke platform, the South Koreans want to maintain their massive aerial superiority over the North Koreans and even these new MiGs could pose a serious threat to the South Korean Air Force. Anyway, a Su-34/32 (available on the Rosobronexport catalog) would be a better option as a potential nuke platform.

If MiG-29Ms or MiG-35s show up in Best Korea, the South Koreans will be pretty unhappy and they would find out quite fast or even already know about a potential fighter delivery. I would bet that we would be hearing noise about this if the South suspects that the fighters are going to the North.

I honestly think it is much more probable that these fighters might be heading for Egypt if anything. Wouldn't be the first time that the UAC flat out denied a sale. Other potential buyers include India and Iran, but we haven't heard about any ongoing talks recently. The fighters are not going to the NAF under the Voentorg program. The NAF has denied the Ukrops aerial superiority since August of last year so there is no need for a dogfighter. The NAF is much better suited for a Su-25 or a L-39 than just "happened to be lying around" if anything. But the NAF has more pressing concerns as of now. Besides, MiG-35s flying under the Novorossiyan flag is practically begging for an escalation.
    victor1985

Post  victor1985 Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:56 pm

when you say south korea you say USA. in this way one will ask if russia is just joining usa club and maibe he is right. i understand that in the today world anyone can be a bussines partner but to sustain with money a country wich has a total opposite way of thinking doesnt sound quite smart. at least look at USA. they carefully select their partners wich will make bussines , interests being the ones that matters
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:46 pm

medo wrote:Problem is, that customer is kept in secret as well as pilots and ground personal in trainings. If they are Koreans or Arabs, someone could notice, when they come out from training center or they are not leaving training center and stay inside.

Other case is, if customer is Novorussia and planes were payed by Russia. In that case pilots and personal are Russians, either pilots and crews from Novorussia itself or Russian volunteers. In that case no one could distinguish them from other RuAF personal. We will get the answer, when the planes will be finished and painted.

FFS again with the Novorussia fetish

Novorussia is half of 2 oblasts with no more than 1-2 retired pilots qualified to fly a modern jet fighter, likely no personnel to service and maintain such complex equipment and little infastructure to house it either, all aerodromes are run down, and probably in range of Ukrainian Tochkas and Smershes.

They don't need fighters either, as enemy air power is pretty rare, yet enemy air defences are quite numerous and-modern enough.

They would be better of with long-range artillery; if MiG-29s can be given then why not Smerches or Tornado-Gs.
    But of course, MiG-29s won't be given as this is all a fantasy.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:04 pm

Ivan the Colorado wrote:I honestly think it is much more probable that these fighters might be heading for Egypt if anything. Wouldn't be the first time that the UAC flat out denied a sale. Other potential buyers include India and Iran, but we haven't heard about any ongoing talks recently. The fighters are not going to the NAF under the Voentorg program. The NAF has denied the Ukrops aerial superiority since August of last year so there is no need for a dogfighter. The NAF is much better suited for a Su-25 or a L-39 than just "happened to be lying around" if anything. But the NAF has more pressing concerns as of now. Besides, MiG-35s flying under the Novorossiyan flag is practically begging for an escalation.

Although Novorussia is just my speculation, I don't think secret customers are Iran and India. Iran simple didn't order them yet, until the situation with S-300 is not cleared and India will receive 8 MiG-29K/KUB fighters and UPG modernization kits. They didn't ordered anything else yet.

Saying, that NAF doesn't need them is absurd. They would take them, if they could capture them. Also MiG-29M2 or MiG-35D or what its designation is now as it is the same plane, is multirole fighter, not only dogfighter. It is equipped with Pastel RWR and with Kh-31P combination it is good SEAD platform to neutralize Ukrainian air defense, which is still from soviet times. With the use of PGMs it will be of very good use against Ukrainian heavy artillery like Pions, Uragans, Smerches and Tochkas, which are destroying Novorussian towns and villages as well as against Ukrainian armor units and supply convoys behind the lines.

If Ukraine go in full offensive against Novorussia, Russia could recognize Novorussia as independent state and supply them those MiGs. It is still a difference between supplying planes to recognized state of Novorussia or RuAF flying inside Ukrainian air space.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:10 am

medo wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:I honestly think it is much more probable that these fighters might be heading for Egypt if anything. Wouldn't be the first time that the UAC flat out denied a sale. Other potential buyers include India and Iran, but we haven't heard about any ongoing talks recently. The fighters are not going to the NAF under the Voentorg program. The NAF has denied the Ukrops aerial superiority since August of last year so there is no need for a dogfighter. The NAF is much better suited for a Su-25 or a L-39 than just "happened to be lying around" if anything. But the NAF has more pressing concerns as of now. Besides, MiG-35s flying under the Novorossiyan flag is practically begging for an escalation.

Although Novorussia is just my speculation, I don't think secret customers are Iran and India. Iran simple didn't order them yet, until the situation with S-300 is not cleared and India will receive 8 MiG-29K/KUB fighters and UPG modernization kits. They didn't ordered anything else yet.

Saying, that NAF doesn't need them is absurd. They would take them, if they could capture them. Also MiG-29M2 or MiG-35D or what its designation is now as it is the same plane, is multirole fighter, not only dogfighter. It is equipped with Pastel RWR and with Kh-31P combination it is good SEAD platform to neutralize Ukrainian air defense, which is still from soviet times. With the use of PGMs it will be of very good use against Ukrainian heavy artillery like Pions, Uragans, Smerches and Tochkas, which are destroying Novorussian towns and villages as well as against Ukrainian armor units and supply convoys behind the lines.

If Ukraine go in full offensive against Novorussia, Russia could recognize Novorussia as independent state and supply them those MiGs. It is still a difference between supplying planes to recognized state of Novorussia or RuAF flying inside Ukrainian air space.

And how many Kh-31Ps does Novorussia have? How many PGMs?
    How much jet fuel?
    How many spare parts to keep them flying?

And you're saying that the reason Novorussia would want an AF - is to neutralize enemy air defences? Talk about the chicken before the egg.
    Hitting artillery would be nice; but there are cheaper safer ways to do it, w/o the neccessity of neutralizing Ukr air defences and their air force first.
    If the Ukrainian Air Force suffered huge losses and is laying low due to fairly primitive Novorussian air defences; then what chances would Novorussian airmen have against Ukrainian air defences?

If Novorussia captured any they would try to give them to Russia for something they could actually use.
    MiG-29s, especially modern multirole models, are way too high maintanance for Novorussia to be able to devote resources to right now, and aren't needed in comparison to most other things.

If Novorussia expands and secures its frontiers, ultimately a force of Su-25s and MiG-29s would be nice though.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:15 am

flamming_python wrote:
    medo wrote:

And how many Kh-31Ps does Novorussia have? How many PGMs?
    How much jet fuel?
    How many spare parts to keep them flying?

And you're saying that the reason Novorussia would want an AF - is to neutralize enemy air defences? Talk about the chicken before the egg.
    Hitting artillery would be nice; but there are cheaper safer ways to do it, w/o the neccessity of neutralizing Ukr air defences and their air force first.
    If the Ukrainian Air Force suffered huge losses and is laying low due to fairly primitive Novorussian air defences; then what chances would Novorussian airmen have against Ukrainian air defences?

If Novorussia captured any they would try to give them to Russia for something they could actually use.
    MiG-29s, especially modern multirole models, are way too high maintanance for Novorussia to be able to devote resources to right now, and aren't needed in comparison to most other things.

If Novorussia expands and secures its frontiers, ultimately a force of Su-25s and MiG-29s would be nice though.

I'm very skeptical of the idea that those planes are headed towards Novo forces. The money would be better spent on communication jammers, and Kornet-EM's on Tigr-M trucks.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:21 pm

http://alexeyvvo.livejournal.com/135596.html

С 2016 года планируется начать серийное производство ОЛС-УЭМ для самолетов МиГ-35С по заказу ВВС РФ.

Interesting statement. It seems they plan to start production of MiG-35 for RuAF in 2016.
    Elsarof

Post  Elsarof Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:15 pm

some questions

1-russia offered upgraded version of its developmental MiG-35 if India reopens the tender, what was the difference between the previous mig-35 and that one? according to this source
    http://www.defensenews.com/story/de...2015/03/08/russia-india-fighter-jet/24121253/

2-what are the main differences between mig-29 m2 or m and with current mig-35

3-are there any REAL hints towards a contract of mig-35 with Egypt?

Thank you
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:34 pm

Current MiG-35 and MiG-29M2 are practically the same plane. MiG-29KUB is navalized MiG-29M2. We didn't see the real MiG-35 yet. The main difference will be in AESA radar and new engines with TVC and most probably in other electronics too.
    Elsarof

Post  Elsarof Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:55 pm

medo wrote:Current MiG-35 and MiG-29M2 are practically the same plane. MiG-29KUB is navalized MiG-29M2. We didn't see the real MiG-35 yet. The main difference will be in AESA radar and new engines with TVC and most probably in other electronics too.

mig factory showed 3 mig-29 kub and 1 mig-35 .. this mig-35 is a test fighter for RUAF?
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:22 pm

Elsarof wrote:
    medo wrote:Current MiG-35 and MiG-29M2 are practically the same plane. MiG-29KUB is navalized MiG-29M2. We didn't see the real MiG-35 yet. The main difference will be in AESA radar and new engines with TVC and most probably in other electronics too.

mig factory showed 3 mig-29 kub and 1 mig-35 .. this mig-35 is a test fighter for RUAF?

No, its for export. It is MiG-29M2 renamed to export MiG-35D.
    Elsarof

Post  Elsarof Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:30 pm

medo wrote:
    Elsarof wrote:

who you think ordered it?
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:33 pm

Gusy, any idea of the story of this SMT? I don't remember that cammo, is it a repainted one or is it actually one of the new ones from the recent order for 16 due in 2015 and 2016?
    MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News - Page 18 0_ddc73_d8076d94_XXL

PS: Nevermind, it's the old bort 777 demonstrator.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:18 pm

Elsarof wrote:
    medo wrote:
    Elsarof wrote:

who you think ordered it?

Customer is kept in secret, but I think most probably Iraq.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:31 pm

Dear me dear me is that real ? Surprised Surprised Shocked Shocked

http://sputniknews.com/asia/20150826/1026210378/vietnam-russia-mig-35-shipments.html

Russia's New MiG-35 May Replace Vietnam's Aging Fighter Jets

Russia's MiG-35 multirole fighter jets may be coming to Vietnam, where the useful life of the country's third-generation MiG-21 fighter jets is coming to an end, the head of MiG aircraft manufacturer Sergei Korotkov told RIA Novosti.

The MiG-35 is a new multirole fighter which includes fifth-generation information and sighting systems. According to Korotkov, Southeast Asia is an "interesting region" for the aircraft manufacturer when it comes to prospective sales.

"According to our evaluation, there are definite prospects for MiG-35s in Vietnam, where the expected life of MiG-21 fighter jets is coming to an end," Korotkov told RIA Novosti.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:06 am