Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+45
Werewolf
magnumcromagnon
ahmedfire
franco
max steel
sepheronx
Vann7
Hisroyalhighness
NationalRus
Brovich
d_taddei2
gregoire
Rmf
collegeboy16
As Sa'iqa
Mike E
Zivo
KomissarBojanchev
cracker
Viktor
mutantsushi
mack8
ExBeobachter1987
VladimirSahin
F-15E
Strizh
Nikander
Kimppis
etaepsilonk
GarryB
kvs
TR1
Hannibal Barca
Walther von Oldenburg
flamming_python
Morpheus Eberhardt
medo
Kyo
Airbornewolf
2SPOOKY4U
Firebird
George1
par far
Regular
arpakola
49 posters

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon


    Posts : 7324
    Points : 7473
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:32 am

    Students sought in London - as spies by MI5 and tenants by wealthy Russians
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon


    Posts : 7324
    Points : 7473
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:43 am

    Some of that money probably went to the late-Nemtsov:

    Since 1992, we have provided $20 billion to Russia to support pursuit of transition to the peaceful, prosperous, democratic state its people deserve - Victoria Nuland
    Regular
    Regular


    Posts : 2432
    Points : 2416
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  Regular Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:44 am

    Hisroyalhighness wrote:
    Very good video. Maybe people will understand me now when I don't want to see dead Ukrainian soldiers and I was happy that they managed to GTFO out of Debaltseve.
    6:34 one soldier says same thing like I wrote here before. So ceasefire is not good for Kiev, they will need to keep their soldiers busy and away from such thoughts
    avatar
    Vann7


    Posts : 5076
    Points : 5182
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  Vann7 Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:08 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:Some of that money probably went to the late-Nemtsov:

    Since 1992, we have provided $20 billion to Russia to support pursuit of transition to the peaceful, prosperous, democratic state its people deserve - Victoria Nuland

    IMHO.. The laws in Russia should be more severe against any opposition who is receiving money by the US government or any other foreign nation to create anti-Government feelings in the country. 20 years jail sentence minimum..that is if proven they received money or any special
    favor from the west to promote division in your nation.  A real opposition have to come from inside the nation.. not from the west or any other.

    Here for the "freedom loving" US fanboys in the forums. ie... Like TR1,F-15 and others..

    A poll with hardvard students

    America Imperialism a bigger threat than ISIS for world peace..



    This is what is most sickening ,that the majority of americans see the corruption and crime
    and out of control nation they have. yet ..so many Russians and and others do not see it..
    and even wants to use USA as an example of nation progress.. and future.  Rolling Eyes

    They falls for the "Freedom" propaganda , and the glamour of the american culture , its entertainment Industry like holywood and music industry and highly developed nation and quality of life in most of the country.. (Economy they created through their pillaging and stealing of other nations resources and a its hostile criminal interference in the politics of other nations to overthrow any Goverment not aligned with their interest).

    also was interesting the discussion of the video how vast majority agree with it..  Cool  
    (with 500,000+ views)

    here is one example of a top liked post.. there..
    172 likes..

    user name @TheCampson...


    Why are so many Americans butt-hurt.. I'm an American and I do agree with their views... Ever since we gained our independence, we've only had 21 years of no war. Every president finds something wrong somewhere in the world and dispatches military power to tackle it, leaving behind dead bodies and ruined infrastructure and people hell mad at us. Whether it was nuclear bombing of japan, Iraq invasion base don a lie, Vietnam or ISIS, which was initially funded and supported by the US and its allies. Maybe its time to step back and reevaluate, we might be the problem. 

    user name @ Tessa Schlesinger
    190 likes!!


    So is there a change in thinking at Ivy League universities?. I recently read that Princeton was teaching that America is an oligarchy and not a democracy. I also recently read that a bunch of students at Harvard Business School mentioned that the business practices they were being taught were unethical. If you think about it, you have to be pretty bright to get into these schools, and it's inevitable that some students will start questioning the status quo.

    user name @Alejandro Silva
    165 likes!!


    Thank God these students know their politics. I love how offended some of you are, and you should be because as Americans the leaders are to blame. I'm an American citizen and I love my country dearly but I hate who runs it. The corruption is obvious in America since the beginning, from supporting Hitler in gassing Jews through Ig Farben to the discussion Rep. McCaul had with John Kerry about how we've funded in support of the group we refer to today as ISIS. SUPPORT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE NOT THE AMERICAN POLITICIANS! 


    While most americans see the Tyranny of their own government.. Fanboys everywhere else.
    Living in fantasyland ,the 5th column in RUssia or Europe of Latin america ,Pro USA fanboys only see the material things that comes from there.. and completely look to the sides to ignore how terrible is the Totalitarian State and repression there..People can be arrested like criminals just for giving food to poors ,or not walking on roads on the right side ,beaten or killed for nothing.. That is the norm there. Not mentioning the terrorism that the government promotes inside the nation and in others countries. and the excessive invasion of people privacy.. now they not only have torture of civilians people as a legal thing..without any court hearing or due judicial lawful process. but also now the government agencies of "Security" can touch people sexual body parts in airports..including elder people in wheelchair or children. only nation in the planet that does that.  Neutral
    medo
    medo


    Posts : 4262
    Points : 4346
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  medo Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:48 pm

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Usmari10

    Captured US Marines flag in Debalcevo.
    kvs
    kvs


    Posts : 11175
    Points : 11320
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  kvs Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:30 pm

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/03/01/ukraine-unofficially-has-272-percent-inflation/

    Ukraine is entering hyperinflation territory.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf


    Posts : 5289
    Points : 5490
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  Werewolf Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:10 pm

    Funny how US Marines believe themselfs to be the "best" and act like they are some special forces, they very average in comperision on global stage with lot of naval infantries, from equipment actually subpar.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg


    Posts : 1251
    Points : 1346
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 30
    Location : Oldenburg

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:44 pm

    Werewolf wrote:Funny how US Marines believe themselfs to be the "best" and act like they are some special forces, they very average in comperision on global stage with lot of naval infantries, from equipment actually subpar.
    Werewolf, they dont have to be the best. It's enough for them to be roughly on par with the rest of the first world and US industrial base will do the rest in every conventional war.

    Also bear in mind that military power is just one type of power projection, the other is soft power - and on that battlefield America simply crushes everyone else.
    Kyo
    Kyo


    Posts : 494
    Points : 541
    Join date : 2014-11-03
    Age : 72
    Location : Brasilia

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  Kyo Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:15 pm

    Lothar von Trotha wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:Funny how US Marines believe themselfs to be the "best" and act like they are some special forces, they very average in comperision on global stage with lot of naval infantries, from equipment actually subpar.
    Werewolf, they dont have to be the best. It's enough for them to be roughly on par with the rest of the first world and US industrial base will do the rest in every conventional war.

    Also bear in mind that military power is just one type of power projection, the other is soft power - and on that battlefield America simply crushes everyone else.

    lol!
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg


    Posts : 1251
    Points : 1346
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 30
    Location : Oldenburg

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:36 pm

    Dude, you dont like it, I I dont like it, but It's true. Most scientific innovations originate in the US, the entire world learns English, listens to American music, wears American clothing brands, and eats American food. Ambitious young people from all around the world want to study in the US. US is the ultimate trend setter in literały everything.

    Without breaking that monopoly - you will not change geopolitical situation.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 5057
    Points : 5137
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  flamming_python Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:51 pm

    I appreciate American culture, soft power, its contribution in science, engineering, innovation, service, entertainment, etc... too

    That doesn't mean I, or you have to like its hegemony though, and we are far from alone in such views, very far from alone.

    Yes, there is much to look to America for. But many of those who look to it want to take the good from it; not the bad, and not its political control. You conflate all these things, but in reality I think that of those political conscious and aware people, more people think like me, than anything else.
    avatar
    gregoire


    Posts : 190
    Points : 200
    Join date : 2014-08-29
    Age : 51
    Location : somewherestan

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  gregoire Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:01 pm

    Lothar von Trotha wrote:Dude, you dont like it, I I dont like it, but It's true. Most scientific innovations originate in the US, the entire world learns English, listens to American music, wears American clothing brands, and eats American food. Ambitious young people from all around the world want to study in the US. US is the ultimate trend setter in literały everything.

    Without breaking that monopoly - you will not change geopolitical situation.

    That monopoly is already being heavily challenged. American culture may be ubiquitous but awareness is growing.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf


    Posts : 5289
    Points : 5490
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  Werewolf Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:04 pm

    flamming_python wrote:I appreciate American culture, soft power, its contribution in science, engineering, innovation, service, entertainment, etc... too

    That doesn't mean I, or you have to like its hegemony though, and we are far from alone in such views, very far from alone.

    Yes, there is much to look to America for. But many of those who look to it want to take the good from it; not the bad, and not its political control. You conflate all these things, but in reality I think that of those political conscious and aware people, more people think like me, than anything else.

    There is no such thing as an american culture, the culture there was wiped out from the face of the earth. Now some idiot collonials are there that have forgotten their heritage for the most part and believe this is their land and they are "Americans". They never had and never will have cultures, except if you count hypocrisy and warmongering as a culture, 239 years of existence only 12 years without war....great culture.
    TR1
    TR1


    Posts : 5552
    Points : 5560
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  TR1 Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:07 pm

    Werewolf wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:I appreciate American culture, soft power, its contribution in science, engineering, innovation, service, entertainment, etc... too

    That doesn't mean I, or you have to like its hegemony though, and we are far from alone in such views, very far from alone.

    Yes, there is much to look to America for. But many of those who look to it want to take the good from it; not the bad, and not its political control. You conflate all these things, but in reality I think that of those political conscious and aware people, more people think like me, than anything else.

    There is no such thing as an american culture, the culture there was wiped out from the face of the earth. Now some idiot collonials are there that have forgotten their heritage for the most part and believe this is their land and they are "Americans". They never had and never will have cultures, except if you count hypocrisy and warmongering as a culture, 239 years of existence only 12 years without war....great culture.

    This is coming from a German.

    You guys really showed your culture in the 20th century.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg


    Posts : 1251
    Points : 1346
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 30
    Location : Oldenburg

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:13 pm

    I would actually like Germany to be a superpower.

    But the main point of my post was something else - that the USMC does not have to be the best. Its enough that it enjoys a high budget and a 100 mln pool of recruits.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf


    Posts : 5289
    Points : 5490
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  Werewolf Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:19 pm

    TR1 wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:I appreciate American culture, soft power, its contribution in science, engineering, innovation, service, entertainment, etc... too

    That doesn't mean I, or you have to like its hegemony though, and we are far from alone in such views, very far from alone.

    Yes, there is much to look to America for. But many of those who look to it want to take the good from it; not the bad, and not its political control. You conflate all these things, but in reality I think that of those political conscious and aware people, more people think like me, than anything else.

    There is no such thing as an american culture, the culture there was wiped out from the face of the earth. Now some idiot collonials are there that have forgotten their heritage for the most part and believe this is their land and they are "Americans". They never had and never will have cultures, except if you count hypocrisy and warmongering as a culture, 239 years of existence only 12 years without war....great culture.

    This is coming from a German.

    You guys really showed your culture in the 20th century.

    Uneducated retarded american again, my country isn't just fucking 239 years old, it has long history but retarded americans who had not a single year of peace are focusing on Hitler alone one short period among centuries, funny coming from americans the genocider country no.1!
    avatar
    Hisroyalhighness


    Posts : 66
    Points : 69
    Join date : 2014-11-30

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  Hisroyalhighness Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:21 pm

    Time to update the ignore list. 

    'Militia spokesman' says they found almost 400 bodies of #Ukraine troops found at #Donetsk airport - Interfax via @wavetossed
    https://twitter.com/ArmedResearch/status/572095445805223936
    TR1
    TR1


    Posts : 5552
    Points : 5560
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  TR1 Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:23 pm

    Werewolf wrote:
    TR1 wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:I appreciate American culture, soft power, its contribution in science, engineering, innovation, service, entertainment, etc... too

    That doesn't mean I, or you have to like its hegemony though, and we are far from alone in such views, very far from alone.

    Yes, there is much to look to America for. But many of those who look to it want to take the good from it; not the bad, and not its political control. You conflate all these things, but in reality I think that of those political conscious and aware people, more people think like me, than anything else.

    There is no such thing as an american culture, the culture there was wiped out from the face of the earth. Now some idiot collonials are there that have forgotten their heritage for the most part and believe this is their land and they are "Americans". They never had and never will have cultures, except if you count hypocrisy and warmongering as a culture, 239 years of existence only 12 years without war....great culture.

    This is coming from a German.

    You guys really showed your culture in the 20th century.

    Uneducated retarded american again, my country isn't just fucking 239 years old, it has long history but retarded americans who had not a single year of peace are focusing on Hitler alone one short period among centuries, funny coming from americans the genocider country no.1!

    Whatever helps you sleep at night Adolf.

    Nobody has been as efficient at mass genocide as you culturally superior Germans. Gotta hand it to you.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf


    Posts : 5289
    Points : 5490
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  Werewolf Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:46 pm

    TR1 wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    TR1 wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:I appreciate American culture, soft power, its contribution in science, engineering, innovation, service, entertainment, etc... too

    That doesn't mean I, or you have to like its hegemony though, and we are far from alone in such views, very far from alone.

    Yes, there is much to look to America for. But many of those who look to it want to take the good from it; not the bad, and not its political control. You conflate all these things, but in reality I think that of those political conscious and aware people, more people think like me, than anything else.

    There is no such thing as an american culture, the culture there was wiped out from the face of the earth. Now some idiot collonials are there that have forgotten their heritage for the most part and believe this is their land and they are "Americans". They never had and never will have cultures, except if you count hypocrisy and warmongering as a culture, 239 years of existence only 12 years without war....great culture.

    This is coming from a German.

    You guys really showed your culture in the 20th century.

    Uneducated retarded american again, my country isn't just fucking 239 years old, it has long history but retarded americans who had not a single year of peace are focusing on Hitler alone one short period among centuries, funny coming from americans the genocider country no.1!

    Whatever helps you sleep at night Adolf.

    Nobody has been as efficient at mass genocide as you culturally superior Germans. Gotta hand it to you.

    Really, a fucking 150 mln people around the globe two entire continens have been ereased by anglo sucksons which your shit country currently is and you hypocritical genociders by nature are talking shit? Glashouse, pal.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 5057
    Points : 5137
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  flamming_python Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:57 pm

    Hisroyalhighness wrote:Time to update the ignore list. 

    I'm telling you, there's 5 of them

    What number are you up to now?

    Gotta catch 'em all!
    avatar
    Hisroyalhighness


    Posts : 66
    Points : 69
    Join date : 2014-11-30

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  Hisroyalhighness Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:08 am

    flamming_python wrote:
    I'm telling you, there's 5 of them

    What number are you up to now?

    Gotta catch 'em all!
    I'm up to 8.  thumbsup 

    Hard to believe, but this is 100% true. Last night there was absolutely no shelling in #Donetsk. #Ukrainians finally pulled back their arty.
    https://twitter.com/sbobkov/status/571944187626536960
    Kyo
    Kyo


    Posts : 494
    Points : 541
    Join date : 2014-11-03
    Age : 72
    Location : Brasilia

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  Kyo Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:34 am

    Werewolf wrote:Really, a fucking 150 mln people around the globe two entire continens have been ereased by anglo sucksons which your shit country currently is and you hypocritical genociders by nature are talking shit? Glashouse, pal.

    John Pilger wrote:The British historian Mark Curtis estimates the death toll (only of the US interventions worldwide, not counting UKs)) in the millions (and counting). In every case, a big lie was deployed.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf


    Posts : 5289
    Points : 5490
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  Werewolf Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:39 am

    I only counted american continent, australian and the countless islands which were genocided by brits, not to mention death toll of murder and genocide of chinese, africans and indians with opium wars intented to destabilize countries like china and to reduce life expectensy dramatically, further the dozens of millions by portugal and spain in south america.
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca


    Posts : 1377
    Points : 1389
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  Hannibal Barca Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:11 am

    flamming_python wrote:I appreciate American culture, soft power, its contribution in science, engineering, innovation, service, entertainment, etc... too

    That doesn't mean I, or you have to like its hegemony though, and we are far from alone in such views, very far from alone.

    Yes, there is much to look to America for. But many of those who look to it want to take the good from it; not the bad, and not its political control. You conflate all these things, but in reality I think that of those political conscious and aware people, more people think like me, than anything else.


    USA soft power is matchless currently. We are closing fast on everything else.
    Kyo
    Kyo


    Posts : 494
    Points : 541
    Join date : 2014-11-03
    Age : 72
    Location : Brasilia

    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  Kyo Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:17 am

    flamming_python wrote:I appreciate American culture, soft power, its contribution in science, engineering, innovation, service, entertainment, etc... too

    That doesn't mean I, or you have to like its hegemony though, and we are far from alone in such views, very far from alone.

    Yes, there is much to look to America for. But many of those who look to it want to take the good from it; not the bad, and not its political control. You conflate all these things, but in reality I think that of those political conscious and aware people, more people think like me, than anything else.
    Danny Glover is just fine....And that's about it!


    Last edited by Kyo on Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total

    Sponsored content


    The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:21 pm