Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Talking bollocks thread

    NickM
    NickM

    Posts : 178
    Points : 123
    Join date : 2012-11-09
    Location : NYC,USA / Essex,UK

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  NickM on Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:03 pm

    Regular wrote:What was that Tserkv where asians are not allowed?

    Russian Orthodox Church doesn't allow asians , churches in Ukraine & Belarus don't allow them either . Why don't you do some research ?
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 2423
    Points : 2411
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  Regular on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:54 pm

    NickM wrote:
    Regular wrote:What was that Tserkv where asians are not allowed?

    Russian Orthodox Church doesn't allow asians , churches in Ukraine & Belarus don't allow them either . Why don't you do some research ?
    Listen, I asked You a question, care to answer it. Or be a lad instead of girly twat and provide me with a link or two.
    Just for Your info, my closest relative stayed in Moscow with her colleague from Irkutsk. And I have pictures that prove you are wrong about Asian restrictions:D
    Not so sure about Belarus churches, I'll ask my wife's sister on skype just for craic, pretty sure it's bullshit as most of the stuff You ''know"
    NickM
    NickM

    Posts : 178
    Points : 123
    Join date : 2012-11-09
    Location : NYC,USA / Essex,UK

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  NickM on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:31 pm

    Regular wrote:Listen, I asked You a question, care to answer it.

    What question ? Frame your questions properly .

    Can you name any church in your Lithuania where blacks and asians are allowed ?

    I know for a fact that people in Lithuania hate these blacks and asians and do not go any where near them . And yet here you are lecturing me on racism .

    You say you live in England , fair enough , I accept it . Tell me how many local English people you know who actually like these asians and blacks ? Since the UK is a civilized nation unlike India & China we tolerate them , that's it .
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 2423
    Points : 2411
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  Regular on Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:09 pm

    NickM wrote:
    Regular wrote:Listen, I asked You a question, care to answer it.  

    What question ? Frame your questions properly .

    Can you name any church in your Lithuania where blacks and asians are allowed ?

    I know for a fact that people in Lithuania hate these blacks and asians and do not go any where near them . And yet here you are lecturing me on racism .

    You say you live in England , fair enough , I accept it . Tell me how many local English people you know who actually like these asians and blacks ? Since the UK is a civilized nation unlike India & China we tolerate them , that's it .

    I've asked where do You get NO ASIAN/BLACK rule employed by the Orthodox church? I don't really want to defend this institution, but You give me no choice. And what were the churches You've visited in Moscow and hell please tell me You didn't see asian looking people in Moscow, maybe it's not the same city we visited?
    Lithuanian churches won't give a rats arse if You are Black, what they care is money. Tourists from Japan and China see no problems afaik. Believe me church would be safest place for black guy, night club - not so much. No benefits, tough work conditions that require You to have 2 university degrees to stock shelves in supermarket- is not really attractive prospect for asylum seekers. They only come here to emigrate to Norway or UK. Kazakhs are asians and they are mostly welcome in Lithuania because they bring profit - buy stuff and leave.
    I'm not lecturing You about racism, for feck sake, it's Your RIGHT to feel what You want. I'm not moral police, I'm would say some racist remarks when it comes to certain people, but wouldn't paint all of them under 1 brush. Hell I'm pretty racists towards Lithuanians and make one or two immigrant jokes when speaking with locals.
    I don't live in England, I live and work in Belfast at the moment. And people are tolerant only in public. Catholics and Protestants hate each other more than they hate immigrants.
    NickM
    NickM

    Posts : 178
    Points : 123
    Join date : 2012-11-09
    Location : NYC,USA / Essex,UK

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  NickM on Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:20 pm

    Regular wrote:I've asked where do You get NO ASIAN/BLACK rule employed by the Orthodox church?

    Not just the Orthodox church , the Vatican as well as the Anglican church . Due to forced multiculturalism they are forced to accept it . In any case I never saw any black or asian in an orthodox church when I was in Moscow.

    You very cunningly refused to answer my question . So I will ask again . How many local English or Irish people you know who actually like these asians and blacks in the UK / Ireland ?

    Since I am the only one who provides evidence , take a look at this video . This is what the average White British thinks about indians , chinese , blacks etc .

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0zeyRgvsPk
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 2423
    Points : 2411
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  Regular on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:35 pm

    So You are telling me that Orthodox church in Mongolia is not allowing asians in? Where is the proof of that? Really?
    Well my former colleagues were very friendly with Indian co-worker. Do You expect me asking local people if they like asians, blacks? You know how stupid it sounds?
    Listen kid, how does person in a tube represents all UK opinion, is she lady from House of Commons or what? Funny video - an ugly neurotic chav with demented look. Like most of thinking people with self respect I would have dragged her to court straight away.
    Most of Brits I know are polite and can express themselves without using "FUCK" 3 times in one sentence.
    What You showed me is a lower level spastic that thrives in Your society, really irrelevant to me as I keep minimal contact with them. Same as with uneducated poor immigrants, no matter what country.
    NickM
    NickM

    Posts : 178
    Points : 123
    Join date : 2012-11-09
    Location : NYC,USA / Essex,UK

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  NickM on Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:29 am

    Regular wrote:So You are telling me that Orthodox church in Mongolia is not allowing asians in? Where is the proof of that? Really?

    I was talking about churches in Europe & you very well realized it .

    Regular wrote:Listen kid, how does person in a tube represents all UK opinion, is she lady from House of Commons or what?

    You want UK opinion about Asians , check out this popular UK forum on politics and society
    http://www.ukdebate.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=22645.0
    gaurav
    gaurav

    Posts : 377
    Points : 371
    Join date : 2013-02-19
    Age : 40
    Location : Blr

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  gaurav on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:34 am

    I AM extremely sorry to interrupt this discussion.
    But here with I declare to knowledgeable elites of RUSSIAN ECONOMY on this forum

    to also read this paragraph about the "ONLY TRUTH" of "GREAT RUSSIA.."..





    This is one of the last words of opposition member(Navalny) before Navlny is killed or dissapeared.
    Dont blame me that you did not hear from Navalny about the RUSSIA TRUTH which I will continue to
    propagate on this forum

    The Russian TRUTH


    I state that I and my colleagues will do everything possible to destroy the feudal system being built in Russia, destroy the system of power under which 83 percent of the national wealth belongs to 0.5 percent of the population,” the protest leader said.

    In his closing statement, Navalny accused Russia’s authorities of failing to properly use oil and gas revenues to improve the life of the country’s population.



    For [the past] 15 years, a huge amount of oil and gas money has been received. What has this period resulted in for the country’s residents?” he said. “Has anyone got [a better] access to healthcare, education, new housing?”


    “These are people who have seized power and are building their feudal regime. All these FSB [Federal Security Service] officers, generals put their children in banks, all these [ruling] United Russia [party] deputies sent some [of their close ones] to Switzerland, opening bank accounts there,” Navalny said.


    We will destroy that feudal system that is robbing you all here,” he vowed.
    Navalny also said he would not “run away abroad” despite the fact that he faces six years in prison.
    “I can’t run away from myself,” he said. “What I want to do is be involved in an effort to help the residents of my country.”
    avatar
    Firebird

    Posts : 1050
    Points : 1078
    Join date : 2011-10-14

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  Firebird on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:49 pm

    gaurav wrote:
    I just wanted to support Firebird.. He was speaking like a true gentle man..
    Am offline most of the time, because lot of work..
    Well we have here a whole load of comments..


    PS I'm of Russian and British descent, British born. So its not right for me to say ".
    Fire bird Russ descent .. mann.. yu just made my day.. I am really shocked.. Fr all I know you were Brtish person.. from all comments it seemed just like that..
     I just knew your spelling thats all.
    Cant Imagine Firebird having Russ descent.
    Vow Vow..!
    well yur posts are trully russian.


    more Russian and Slavic than British by blood,  
    Great man.. this forum getting lot of info .. from by standers.. I mean posters on off topics.. Lot of Russ.. descent here.. not known by many this is some news..
    Firebird=Russky




    Guarev, many thanks for your kind words : )
    I'm always very proud of my Russian heritage. And always ready to defend Mother Russia against the silly misconceptions about it in the West.

    Its was my grandparents on father's side that emigrated to England, so unfortunately my Russian speaking isn't the best : ( My Russian resident friends always say "Ahhh but your *soul* is all Russian". That gives me a good feeling Very Happy

    I think Russia is at a crossroads. I hope it can learn from the mistakes of places like England and the EU. Russia has endured hardships, and today there are differences in wealth. But Russia also has resources the rest of the World must yearn for. It also has great know how and determined, educated people. With the right approach, I hope Russia, and believe can be envied by the World..russia 
    .
    avatar
    Firebird

    Posts : 1050
    Points : 1078
    Join date : 2011-10-14

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  Firebird on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:06 pm

    gaurav wrote:I AM extremely sorry to interrupt this discussion.
    But here with I declare to knowledgeable elites of RUSSIAN ECONOMY on this forum

    to also read this paragraph about the "ONLY TRUTH" of "GREAT RUSSIA.."..





    This is one of the last words of opposition member(Navalny) before Navlny is killed or dissapeared.
    Dont blame me that you did not hear from Navalny about the RUSSIA TRUTH which I will continue to
    propagate on this forum

    The Russian TRUTH


    I state that I and my colleagues will do everything possible to destroy the feudal system being built in Russia, destroy the system of power under which 83 percent of the national wealth belongs to 0.5 percent of the population,” the protest leader said.

    In his closing statement, Navalny accused Russia’s authorities of failing to properly use oil and gas revenues to improve the life of the country’s population.



    For [the past] 15 years, a huge amount of oil and gas money has been received. What has this period resulted in for the country’s residents?” he said. “Has anyone got [a better] access to healthcare, education, new housing?”


    “These are people who have seized power and are building their feudal regime. All these FSB [Federal Security Service] officers, generals put their children in banks, all these [ruling] United Russia [party] deputies sent some [of their close ones] to Switzerland, opening bank accounts there,” Navalny said.


    We will destroy that feudal system that is robbing you all here,” he vowed.
    Navalny also said he would not “run away abroad” despite the fact that he faces six years in prison.
    “I can’t run away from myself,” he said. “What I want to do is be involved in an effort to help the residents of my country.”

    These are very good points. I have been using the word feudalism a lot. In Britain we still have the nonsense of a so called monarchy. In Britain there is a hideous "class system" ie modern day feudalism. It is getting worse in America, where smart kids have huge college debts and no job.
    I mention this because I'm also concerned that Russia might follow the approach of countries like these 2. Its all dressed up in propaganda in the West - "market forces" as they like to say.

    However, it isn't "market forces". It is abuse of a market to enslave. Its croney capitalism and feudalism. Lobbying, corruption, deception of the public, all these things are happening under the guise of "the market".

    Ofcourse Russia has its own feudalism danger. The robber barons like Abramovich are idolised by some. What sort of role model are people like him? They send their kids to private schools and become members of an international cabal. I dont think they have any loyalty to any state. Much like their contemporaries in the US, China, Switzerland, England etc. They're like a separate quasi- Sovereign group - the globalist's cabal. Their kids and grandkids get more and more influence, yet may have zero talent. And so it goes on. The new lords of the "global manor".

    Warren Buffett(who has good points and bad) actually speaks out about this nepotism and nonsensical display of wealth. Sadly, very few of the superwealthy do.

    Its scary to think that (courtesy of the "Shock Capitalism" nonsense that America sold Yeltsin) that its been many years before there was any trickle down of wealth from the oligarchs. Many of them ran off to London, Dubai etc, to spend their ill gotten gains, doubley inflicting injury on Russia.

    To solve this problem is a big big job. I think it needs to start by having people understand that feudalism and croney capitalism aren't a part of good government. And that they're not part of good economics or social management. Feudalism is a disease, that eats away at a country.

    These forces of oligarchy are extemely powerful. I'm not sure what Putin could do, and how quickly he can make progress..

    Fortunately, I think Russia *can* take steps to treat this disease. So that there can be prosperity not just for a tiny elite.
    avatar
    Firebird

    Posts : 1050
    Points : 1078
    Join date : 2011-10-14

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  Firebird on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:07 pm

    Firebird wrote:
    gaurav wrote:I AM extremely sorry to interrupt this discussion.
    But here with I declare to knowledgeable elites of RUSSIAN ECONOMY on this forum

    to also read this paragraph about the "ONLY TRUTH" of "GREAT RUSSIA.."..





    This is one of the last words of opposition member(Navalny) before Navlny is killed or dissapeared.
    Dont blame me that you did not hear from Navalny about the RUSSIA TRUTH which I will continue to
    propagate on this forum

    The Russian TRUTH


    I state that I and my colleagues will do everything possible to destroy the feudal system being built in Russia, destroy the system of power under which 83 percent of the national wealth belongs to 0.5 percent of the population,” the protest leader said.

    In his closing statement, Navalny accused Russia’s authorities of failing to properly use oil and gas revenues to improve the life of the country’s population.



    For [the past] 15 years, a huge amount of oil and gas money has been received. What has this period resulted in for the country’s residents?” he said. “Has anyone got [a better] access to healthcare, education, new housing?”


    “These are people who have seized power and are building their feudal regime. All these FSB [Federal Security Service] officers, generals put their children in banks, all these [ruling] United Russia [party] deputies sent some [of their close ones] to Switzerland, opening bank accounts there,” Navalny said.


    We will destroy that feudal system that is robbing you all here,” he vowed.
    Navalny also said he would not “run away abroad” despite the fact that he faces six years in prison.
    “I can’t run away from myself,” he said. “What I want to do is be involved in an effort to help the residents of my country.”

    These are very good points. I have been using the word feudalism a lot. In Britain we still have the nonsense of a so called monarchy. In Britain there is a hideous "class system" ie modern day feudalism. It is getting worse in America, where smart kids have huge college debts and no job.
    I mention this because I'm also concerned that Russia might follow the approach of countries like these 2. Its all dressed up in propaganda in the West - "market forces" as they like to say.

    However, it isn't "market forces". It is abuse of a market to enslave. Its croney capitalism and feudalism.  Lobbying, corruption, deception of the public, all these things are happening under the guise of "the market".

    Ofcourse Russia has its own feudalism danger. The robber barons like Abramovich are idolised by some. What sort of role model are people like him? They send their kids to private schools and become members of an international cabal. I dont think they have any loyalty to any state. Much like their contemporaries in the US, China, Switzerland, England etc. They're like a separate quasi- Sovereign group - the globalist's cabal. Their kids and grandkids get more and more influence, yet may have zero talent. And so it goes on. The new lords of the "global manor".

    Warren Buffett(who has good points and bad) actually speaks out about this nepotism and nonsensical display of wealth. Sadly, very few of the superwealthy do.

    Its scary to think that (courtesy of the "Shock Capitalism" nonsense that America sold Yeltsin) that its been many years before there was trickle down of wealth from the oligarchs. Many of them ran off to London, Dubai etc, to spend their ill gotten gains, doubley inflicting injury on Russia.

    To solve this problem is a big big job. I think it needs to start by having people understand that feudalism and croney capitalism aren't a part of good government. And that they're not part of good economics or social management. Feudalism is a disease, that eats away at a country.

    These forces of oligarchy are extemely powerful. I'm not sure what Putin could do, and how quickly he can make progress..

    Fortunately, I think Russia *can* take steps to treat this disease. So that there can be prosperity not just for a tiny elite.
    gaurav
    gaurav

    Posts : 377
    Points : 371
    Join date : 2013-02-19
    Age : 40
    Location : Blr

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  gaurav on Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:31 pm

    OH FIREBIRD.. I m shocked that you supported me..  Shocked 
    I thought all of you blasted me for posting the ugly truth about Russia.

    Just today I looked into your comments , I am amazed that you have reflected on the very similar points..
    what I think about Russian Economy..  and also Russian social upheaval.. that is  truly stageering

    Thanks Firebird.. yu made my day again..Very Happy 

    that I believe.. because I think all Asia and U.S journalist just keep shouting about this GAS field and that OIL field.. but the truth nobody dares to write.. or speak about..

    How the wealth is unevenly distributed into the favour of Kremlinies some oil and gas companies..


    ts scary to think that (courtesy of the "Shock Capitalism" nonsense that America sold Yeltsin) that its been many years before there was trickle down of wealth from the oligarchs. Many of them ran off to London, Dubai etc, to spend their ill gotten gains, doubley inflicting injury on Russia.

    To solve this problem is a big big job. I think it needs to start by having people understand that feudalism and croney capitalism aren't a part of good government. And that they're not part of good economics or social management. Feudalism is a disease, that eats away at a country.

    These forces of oligarchy are extemely powerful. I'm not sure what Putin could do, and how quickly he can make progress..

    Fortunately, I think Russia *can* take steps to treat this disease. So that there can be prosperity not just for a tiny elite.

    THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT. Russia needs to change for the better and not keep
    just tiny few people in ARCTIC and Siberia shelfs DIGGING GAS AND OIL FROM EXXON MOBIL Drilling wells.

    If Russia just keeps billion dollar bank accounts for the small number of oil and gas company executives and forces the majority of population into earning small amounts of salary and living the life of hell.
    This is extemely bad for Russia.


    We all know ,that in 1990 and early 2000 ,  majority of Russian families had nothing to earn for and most of them took the extreme step of illegal , family destructive professions just to live a temporary artificial lives.

    This completely destroyed the Russian family bring up and also social family bondings.


    THIS IS THE BIGGEST TREACHERY OF PUTIN and NO ONE ELSE.

    Navalny was speaking about these concepts only. thumbsup
    gaurav
    gaurav

    Posts : 377
    Points : 371
    Join date : 2013-02-19
    Age : 40
    Location : Blr

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Talking Bollocks 4

    Post  gaurav on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:19 am

    NOW GOING BACK TO THE TOPIC WHERE WE LEFT.
    Some thing interesting here.

    The President of Ukraine awarded the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia, the Order of Prince Yaroslav the Wise

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 821867


    Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych on the occasion of 1025th anniversary of the Baptism of Russia today awarded the Patriarch of Moscow and
    All Russia Kirill of the Order of Prince Yaroslav the Wise 1st degree. According to the press service of the head of state.
    "For outstanding church activities aimed at lifting the authority of the Orthodox Church in the world, and on the occasion of Ukraine 1025
    anniversary of the Baptism of Kievan Rus' decree to award the Order of Prince Yaroslav the Wise 1st degree Kirill - Patriarch of Moscow and
    All Russia" - the document says.
    Patriarch Kirill in Kiev today made a special prayer, together with the heads of the local Orthodox Churches, who came from all over the world
    to participate in the celebration of the 1025th anniversary of the Baptism of Rus.
    The President also issued a decree on awarding the patriarchs and metropolitans, including those awarded the Order of Freedom of the
    Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew. Order of Prince Yaroslav the Wise 1st degree was awarded, in particular, the Catholicos-Patriarch
    of All Georgia Ilia II.




    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 821754





    Russian President Vladimir Putin thanked the President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych for the possibility of a meeting at the celebration to mark
    the 1025th anniversary of the Baptism of Rus. Referring to the President of Ukraine, the Russian head of state said: "This common feast reminds  
    us of the spirit of unity and common roots, that much has been done in the previous century. We are determined based on what our ancestors
    did, to move forward."
    "I am pleased to note - the president continued, - that we have personal contacts and good contacts at the level of governments. We have
    many joint issues to be resolved, and tomorrow will be another meeting." According to him, the feast of the Navy is also extremely important,
    and "will be a good opportunity to talk about the cooperation in the field of security." "There is also a lot of conclusions between the two
    countries, so I am very pleased to have this opportunity," - said the Russian leader. "It is a common, thanks to you, holiday, and we can
    discuss the important issues of security cooperation", - Putin said.

    Vladimir Putin: The Baptism of Russia

    The conservative religious tone of Kremlin has overall compensated and stopped the complete degradation of Russian population.
    But it is clearly not enough.Cool 

    Putin lauds Russian -Ukranian historical unity


    More needs to be done.
    nemrod
    nemrod

    Posts : 831
    Points : 1329
    Join date : 2012-09-11

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty President Vladimir Putin- would- order Massives Strikes Against Saudi Arabia

    Post  nemrod on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:05 pm

    http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1699.htm

    I don't know if this is true, in any way, I wish, oh I wish, if this is true, russian army will wipe out the Bandar bin Sultan, with its office.
    I wish.....
    In anyway, we are rushing near the III world war.
    ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

    Posts : 1443
    Points : 1621
    Join date : 2010-11-11
    Location : The Land Of Pharaohs

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  ahmedfire on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:20 pm

    This is a joke Suspect
    TR1
    TR1

    Posts : 5553
    Points : 5561
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  TR1 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:05 pm

    Yeah this is a BS article.

    However, admit it, we would all laugh if Tu-160s cruise missiled the Saudi Royal family, and Russia justified it as per-emptive anti terror strikes.
    nemrod
    nemrod

    Posts : 831
    Points : 1329
    Join date : 2012-09-11

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  nemrod on Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:44 pm

    TR1 wrote:Yeah this is a BS article.

    However, admit it, we would all laugh if Tu-160s cruise missiled the Saudi Royal family, and Russia justified it as per-emptive anti terror strikes.
    Indeed, I doubt this is true, however, it is said that, Bandar threatened President Putin to disturb Socchi games. Do not mistake, the attack of Beslam, was not comming from nowhere.
    The main responsible is USA. Before, Bandar, Russia, should strike air base F-22 in Qatar, and US air base in Egypt, and Turkey. Russia today is not what it was during Yeltsin's era.
    US understands only the language of weapon.
    We would see weapon tomorow, or in next future in Syria, this time, US air force will face with good adversary.

    USA is in bankrupcy, oligarchy has nowhere where to come, only a new war in order to divert US people from the true problem. This method is not new, it is old, for example -among thousand-when France in 1870 has greats economic, social, politic problems, in order to divert frencheese people's mind, french high responsible Thiers, Jules Ferry declare the war against what it was believed against weak Germany.
    However, on contrary to what french high responsibles thought, well prepared -Moetke, Biskmark- Germany erased frencheese army. France in that time was humiliated.

    I think it could be the same thing this time with US and Israel, because Putin as Iran are really decided to help Syria.
    It was said also, that Saudis are preparing the war against Syria too, I think this time, Russia, or at least some russians paratroopers will be involved, Iam near sure.
    The S-300 are handled by russian soldiers.
    But the warmongers fed up with US soldiers lives, security, health, and US economy, they thought just one thing Israel. Israel is above the americans.


    avatar
    As Sa'iqa

    Posts : 401
    Points : 337
    Join date : 2013-06-01
    Age : 26
    Location : Western Poland

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty This Is Why There Is No Toilet Paper in Venezuela

    Post  As Sa'iqa on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:46 pm

    Every day, Venezuelans wake up to find many basic staples missing from store shelves. The scarcity of toilet paper, for example, made headlines worldwide after the government announced it would import 50 million rolls to meet demand. Venezuelans are so desperate to find what they need, there is now a new iPhone app that helps you locate many products based on information shared by consumers themselves.The app is a creative stop-gap solution for what looks to be an endemic problem, one that the government is either unable or unwilling to solve. This became clear when the president of the government's statistical agency downplayed the toilet paper crisis by saying the short supply was a result of Venezuelans eating more food than ever before, providing valuable fodder for localcomedians.
    Putting the punch lines aside, the scarcity crisis is profound. It's not just toilet paper that is missing. Soap, tooth paste, mouth wash, wheat flour, corn flour, sugar, rice, canned tuna, milk, margarine, chicken, certain medicines, and even the wine used in Roman Catholic Masses have all been absent from the shelves in the last few weeks.
    The reason why Venezuela, one of the world's largest oil producers, suffers even as the price of oil hovers at more than $100 per barrel seems counterintuitive. Somehow, the government has concocted a system where despite fairly stable access to oil revenues billed in U.S. dollars, they don't have enough foreign currency to purchase basic staples. For a country that produces hardly anything itself, this is highly problematic.*

    ...

    In theory, importing things isn't necessarily bad, as long as you have the currency to pay for it. The chavista economic model -- export oil, import everything else at subsidized prices, regulate every step of the productive process, and forget about local manufacturing -- works as long as you have an enormous flow of petrodollars. But even though the price of oil is high, it's not enough to finance the needs of 28 million Venezuelans.


    *Empresas Polar is still operating productively, they haven't gone full retard and tried to nationalized it yet.
    http://transitions.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/06/17/this_is_why_there_is_no_toilet_paper_in_venezuela
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7089
    Points : 7357
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 31
    Location : Canada

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:11 am

    Thank you for the article. It is very much true regarding what the article states and it really comes as a surprise that these people in charge of said country does not invest even in the little things. I understand it wont make others the big bucks, but it will help keep money flowing, as well, having an end product that will help the average person(s) and prevent them from rebelling.

    As well, being locked with some major economies on same continent, they could make some good bucks in the selling of such goods. But whatever, they are facing that Cuba is/was facing.
    SSDD
    SSDD

    Posts : 19
    Points : 27
    Join date : 2013-10-26
    Location : Bharat

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Is Russia facing brain drain?

    Post  SSDD on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:32 am

    Is Russia facing brain drain? As wikipedia says and many wen sites say? For example this one?

    http://www.themoscowtimes.com/opinion/article/brain-drain-is-reducing-russia-to-a-blank-space/466306.html

    scratch 

    If this thing continue then will Russia be alse to hold their stance in Science and Technology field?affraid 
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7089
    Points : 7357
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 31
    Location : Canada

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:04 pm

    That is a year old article.

    Anyway, all countries face a brain drain to some effect as they can gain more money elsewhere, new positions or new knowledge. Majority of US talent isnt even from the US but foreigners. Russia produces a lot of talent but loses a lot of then as they seek jobs outside the country as the pay is more. Funny thing is, I read that in Russia, someone who works at a kiosk can make more money (as it is privately owned) than many state workers or engineers. Sad but true. Many state jobs still run on old soviet like structure and payment. The brains in Russia seem to seek the private field due to finances, but there are not many major high tech fields that are private in Russia.  More like Joint Stock Companies, and as there is major protectionism going on, the idea of private high tech industry in Russia wont happen anytime soon. To fix this, they really do need to give not only incentives, but overall higher pay in order to prevent people leaving.

    Other issue is the push to modernization, which leads to automation, so there are many facilities who are cutting back big time on workforce, so they may not need as many brains to maintain the systems as previously needed.

    This is just my observation from afar and reading business news and hearing from others who have worked in the country.

    I dont exactly remember what the organization is called, but there is a group that focuses on scientific progress in the country, as well as hold a forum for specialists from the country and ones residing in the country now.

    Now with the scientific institutions west of Siberia is being regulated, you will see many angry people leave. But the scientific institutions were heavily ineffective as well as bloated to begin with, and the regulation will steer the groups into a direction for development. Good and bad, as the good aspect, is that problems that require specialists attention could very well get done.  Bad is that there may not be as many innovative advances as there wont be many scientists doing things their own way. Well, at least it is safe for scientists in Siberia and east.
    TR1
    TR1

    Posts : 5553
    Points : 5561
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  TR1 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:44 pm

    MoscowTimes is a joke.

    And the worst of the brain drain has passed, even if the government today is pretty damn far from ideal when it comes to helping the country develop to its full extent.
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 2423
    Points : 2411
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  Regular on Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:42 am

    As mentioned before, brain drain was thing of the past. Now it's more important to boost interest in young generation and raise quality of higher studies.

    Soviet type education had it's downsides too. I've met people in Moscow with two degrees working jobs that require no higher education, but it pays more. Identical situation in my country, before EU borders where opened to get a job as a HGV driver You had to show Your uni diploma. Absurd.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 26654
    Points : 27188
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  GarryB on Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:18 pm

    Hahaha... they say exactly the same thing here in New Zealand... it seems a lot of New Zealanders are moving to the larger warmer country next door and many politicians like to gain cheap points by demanding the government do something about it.

    Of course with the problems with their mines at the moment it is not so perfect over there.

    Many years ago a politician called Robert Muldoon said the movement of people from New Zealand to Australia increases the average IQ of both countries... Twisted Evil 
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

    Posts : 4085
    Points : 4169
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  flamming_python on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:45 am

    GarryB wrote:Many years ago a politician called Robert Muldoon said the movement of people from New Zealand to Australia increases the average IQ of both countries...  Twisted Evil 
    Even I heard that one before. Clever and classic quote Cool 

    Sponsored content

    Talking bollocks thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:57 am