Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8955
    Points : 9052
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  JohninMK Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:45 pm

    Now we wait for the satellite image of the factory.

    Meanwhile, much to the angst of Israel, it looks like solid progress in Vienna. Fingers crossed they can get it to 100%.

    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/iran-says-60-70-issues-resolved-vienna-nuclear-talks

    crod likes this post

    lancelot
    lancelot

    Posts : 460
    Points : 462
    Join date : 2020-10-18

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  lancelot Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:02 pm

    https://news.yahoo.com/iran-adds-advanced-machines-underground-200109407.html

    Iran has installed extra advanced centrifuges at its underground uranium enrichment plant at Natanz that was hit by a blast last week, a report by the U.N. atomic watchdog on Wednesday showed,
    ...
    "On 21 April 2021, the Agency verified at FEP that: ... six cascades of up to 1,044 IR-2m centrifuges; and two cascades of up to 348 IR-4 centrifuges ... were installed, of which a number were being used,"
    ...
    According to a previous report, the IAEA verified on March 31 that Iran was using 696 IR-2m machines and 174 IR-4 machines at the FEP.
    ...
    Wednesday's report is the latest evidence that Iran is pressing ahead with the installation of the advanced machines,
    ...
    Wednesday's report also said Iran informed the IAEA that it plans to install four more cascades, or clusters, of IR-4 centrifuges at the FEP, where both of the IR-4 cascades it had planned have now been installed.
    nomadski
    nomadski

    Posts : 1419
    Points : 1429
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  nomadski Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:40 pm

    The shadow war. Fifty shades of grey. Who dunit. It took humanity thousands of years to discover that fighting in the shadows achieves nothing. So they invented armies. Uniforms. Rules of war. Flags. Because at the end of the day, war is but another way of resolving differences. By superior force. So in order for this " communication" to take place, any side launching an  attack, should first declare war. And take responsibility for attacks. Take responsibility for those killed or POW. But what we have now by the resistance front, is anything but. At least the Usraelis took responsibility. Much more than Iranians did so far. No, fighting in the shadows, is nothing to be proud of. And it resolves nothing. Keeping secrets about where attacks come from, is no good either. Because it is the people who decide. They have to settle the scores. They have to kill or be killed. So why not blame China or Russia or anyone for these attacks? If no one takes direct responsibility?  That is my main criticism of all the combatants here.

    Now about Usrael underground facility. Since hitting Dimona will cause mass casualties, and radiation, then ancillary equipment not causing radiation escape should be hit. But these are in bunkers. I doubt that they will be very deep or far from Nuclear power station. But to discover location, Iranians can send a MIRV. Each section then a mini seismograph. With one section a thumper. Synchronous operation to avoid jamming . They land and record signals and send out, together with location. A computer programme then quickly calculates position of shallow bunkers.....
    lancelot
    lancelot

    Posts : 460
    Points : 462
    Join date : 2020-10-18

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  lancelot Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:50 pm

    nomadski wrote:The shadow war. Fifty shades of grey. Who dunit. It took humanity thousands of years to discover that fighting in the shadows achieves nothing. So they invented armies. Uniforms. Rules of war. Flags. Because at the end of the day, war is but another way of resolving differences. By superior force. So in order for this " communication" to take place, any side launching an  attack, should first declare war. And take responsibility for attacks. Take responsibility for those killed or POW. But what we have now by the resistance front, is anything but. At least the Usraelis took responsibility. Much more than Iranians did so far. No, fighting in the shadows, is nothing to be proud of. And it resolves nothing. Keeping secrets about where attacks come from, is no good either. Because it is the people who decide. They have to settle the scores. They have to kill or be killed. So why not blame China or Russia or anyone for these attacks? If no one takes direct responsibility?  That is my main criticism of all the combatants here.

    Now about Usrael underground facility. Since hitting Dimona will cause mass casualties, and radiation, then ancillary equipment not causing radiation escape should be hit. But these are in bunkers. I doubt that they will be very deep or far from Nuclear power station. But to discover location, Iranians can send a MIRV. Each section then a mini seismograph. With one section a thumper. Synchronous operation to avoid jamming . They land and record signals and send out, together with location. A computer programme then quickly calculates position of shallow bunkers.....

    The Usraelis don't take responsibility for all their attacks either. Stuxnet is one example.
    Asymmetric warfare is the prerogative of the weak and I think Iran has no delusions about on which camp they are in.
    I think hitting the launch platform is also a valid strategy. If this was an attack or sabotage and they did hit Shavit facilities that was a valid hit.
    Another thing they could try to hit would be Israeli submarines. That is the other leg of Israeli nuclear weapon delivery platforms.
    Supposedly the Israelis use their Dolphin class submarines as a platform to deliver cruise missiles with nuclear warheads.
    nomadski
    nomadski

    Posts : 1419
    Points : 1429
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  nomadski Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:51 am

    Thanks for reply lancelot.  Hitler said, I believe, that he thought  of  declaring  war as being hypocritical. In nature there is hardly any real distinction between strong or weak. All creatures have the means to attack or defend.

    When attacking to kill, any creature hides the attack. Because it is a fight to the death. An antagonistic and existential fight. But when defending and trying to avoid a fight, then a creature advertises their presence. Demands a retreat , avoidance of a fight.

    Obviously I do not agree with Hitler. I do not agree with wars of annihilation. But defensive wars are legitimate. For this reason they take place in the open. In human society as well as in nature.

    So if the resistance front declared war, then they will have to think what they are fighting for, or the aims of the war. A difficult but necessary task. They have to set terms for peace. They have to abide by rules of war. War then becomes a means to achieve peace. Allows for de-escalation. So although the strong prevail in war. It is a particular type of war, a defensive overt war, a regulated war, that resolves to peace. And not result in extermination.


    https://youtu.be/qDvFdj-pFMc

    elconquistador likes this post

    avatar
    Yugo90

    Posts : 61
    Points : 61
    Join date : 2020-10-24

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  Yugo90 Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:57 am

    lancelot wrote:
    nomadski wrote:The shadow war. Fifty shades of grey. Who dunit. It took humanity thousands of years to discover that fighting in the shadows achieves nothing. So they invented armies. Uniforms. Rules of war. Flags. Because at the end of the day, war is but another way of resolving differences. By superior force. So in order for this " communication" to take place, any side launching an  attack, should first declare war. And take responsibility for attacks. Take responsibility for those killed or POW. But what we have now by the resistance front, is anything but. At least the Usraelis took responsibility. Much more than Iranians did so far. No, fighting in the shadows, is nothing to be proud of. And it resolves nothing. Keeping secrets about where attacks come from, is no good either. Because it is the people who decide. They have to settle the scores. They have to kill or be killed. So why not blame China or Russia or anyone for these attacks? If no one takes direct responsibility?  That is my main criticism of all the combatants here.

    Now about Usrael underground facility. Since hitting Dimona will cause mass casualties, and radiation, then ancillary equipment not causing radiation escape should be hit. But these are in bunkers. I doubt that they will be very deep or far from Nuclear power station. But to discover location, Iranians can send a MIRV. Each section then a mini seismograph. With one section a thumper. Synchronous operation to avoid jamming . They land and record signals and send out, together with location. A computer programme then quickly calculates position of shallow bunkers.....

    The Usraelis don't take responsibility for all their attacks either. Stuxnet is one example.
    Asymmetric warfare is the prerogative of the weak and I think Iran has no delusions about on which camp they are in.
    I think hitting the launch platform is also a valid strategy. If this was an attack or sabotage and they did hit Shavit facilities that was a valid hit.
    Another thing they could try to hit would be Israeli submarines. That is the other leg of Israeli nuclear weapon delivery platforms.
    Supposedly the Israelis use their Dolphin class submarines as a platform to deliver cruise missiles with nuclear warheads.
    I don't think Iran has the abillity to destroy Israeli submarines...maybe they can hit one but not all of them....i think they have 6 German made submarines...
    nomadski
    nomadski

    Posts : 1419
    Points : 1429
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  nomadski Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:14 pm

    https://youtu.be/csYSuiSFUpA

    And :

    https://youtu.be/CUoEyYewA-4

    By my estimation and from video, the far range explosion near Dimona is 5 degrees at approx 2000 meters and 10 degrees at approx 1000 meters. Both giving size of explosion about 174 meters. From wiki data, blast of S200 at low altitude is 65 m radius or 120 meters. 200 kg warhead. This looks bigger about 300 kg. What you think?
    crod
    crod

    Posts : 444
    Points : 481
    Join date : 2009-08-04

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  crod Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:42 pm

    Looks like the Iranians just suffered another blow from the israelis. Coincidentally as the head of Mossad steps down claiming they’ve penetrated the the heart of Iran….
    avatar
    elconquistador

    Posts : 508
    Points : 514
    Join date : 2015-06-02

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  elconquistador Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:03 pm

    It's getting embarrassing.

    Their biggest navy ship..
    crod
    crod

    Posts : 444
    Points : 481
    Join date : 2009-08-04

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  crod Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:57 pm

    elconquistador wrote:It's getting embarrassing.

    Their biggest navy ship..

    It sure as hell is. Incredible pain they’ve inflicted upon them. Reading the comments from the former head of mossad you’d have to agree that the self doubt and fear through the senior ranks must be both very real and high. Riddled they are.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 16336
    Points : 16839
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  George1 Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:13 pm

    Iranian supply ship Kharg burned down
    June 2nd, 12:45

    Yesterday (June 1), during a training voyage in the north of the Gulf of Oman, near the Iranian port of Jask, a fire broke out and a fire broke out on the supply ship Kharg of the Iranian Army Navy. It was officially announced todaythat after the evacuation of the ship's crew, the fire fighting on board that lasted 20 hours was unsuccessful and he was lost. On the one hand, all this is suspicious against the background of the ongoing sabotage war in the region. On the other hand, this ship began to be built in Great Britain by order of the Shah's government in 1976, launched in 1977, finished construction after the revolution in 1980 and transferred to the Iranian Navy in 1984. That is, it was 41 years and have chased Kharg very actively over the past decades, so an incident there could easily have happened due to accumulated age problems and active use, as well as for technical reasons it is becoming more and more difficult to maintain old combat aircraft purchased under the shah.

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 1115
    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 292
    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 377

    lancelot and Backman like this post

    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8955
    Points : 9052
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  JohninMK Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:55 pm

    When new.

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 300px-IRIS_Kharg_%28431%29_rear_by_Hossein_Zohrevand
    ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

    Posts : 1654
    Points : 1830
    Join date : 2010-11-11
    Location : The Land Of Pharaohs

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  ahmedfire Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:27 pm

    Probably it's an accident ,no sign of any attack .It was an old outdated British ship.

    George1 and PapaDragon like this post

    Backman
    Backman

    Posts : 835
    Points : 845
    Join date : 2020-11-11

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  Backman Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:54 am

    ^ There was also a fire at another oil refinery hours later.

    Maybe this loss of power projection will be the impetus for Iran actually making a real order of weapons from Russia. But maybe not. Its hard to know what makes the Iranian leadership tick. Buy something ffs. Myanmar has a bigger order book.

    flamming_python likes this post

    George1
    George1

    Posts : 16336
    Points : 16839
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  George1 Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:31 am

    crod
    crod

    Posts : 444
    Points : 481
    Join date : 2009-08-04

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  crod Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:20 pm

    Looks like yet another major blow delivered by the israelis this time to their sole nuclear power plant in Bushehr.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 16336
    Points : 16839
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  George1 Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:48 pm

    The Iranian Interior Ministry said on 19 June that 60-year-old Chief Justice Ebrahim Raisi won the election with nearly 62 percent of the vote. His competitors have already conceded defeat.

    While the US State Department questioned the fairness of the presidential election in Iran, a number of world leaders, including Vladimir Putin and Recep Tayyip Erdogan, congratulated Raisi on his victory.

    The turnout was 48.8 percent - the lowest in Iran's history.

    Iran’s Ebrahim Raisi holds first press conference following election win

    George1
    George1

    Posts : 16336
    Points : 16839
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  George1 Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:49 pm

    crod wrote:Looks like yet another major blow delivered by the israelis this time to their sole nuclear power plant in Bushehr.

    Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant Was Shut Down Due to a 'Technical Fault', Iran Says
    crod
    crod

    Posts : 444
    Points : 481
    Join date : 2009-08-04

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  crod Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:23 pm

    George1 wrote:
    crod wrote:Looks like yet another major blow delivered by the israelis this time to their sole nuclear power plant in Bushehr.

    Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant Was Shut Down Due to a 'Technical Fault', Iran Says

    Sure what else are they going to say….
    crod
    crod

    Posts : 444
    Points : 481
    Join date : 2009-08-04

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  crod Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:37 am

    They’re now saying they foiled an attack on the plant.
    nomadski
    nomadski

    Posts : 1419
    Points : 1429
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  nomadski Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:48 am

    @ George1

    There was some 3 to 4 million votes that were void. Therefore total participation in election was about 43%. This low turnout in Tehran was only 27%. Following from the previous low turnout for parliamentary elections, means that change is needed in the political system.

    I used to buy the MKO newspaper during the revolution, to read it. Then the newsagent refused to sell to me, because he said that I found the fault with the Liberal tactics and inform others. I listen to Iran International now, and the same Liberal propaganda is issued. I recommend all political activists to listen to this Liberal mouthpiece, to realise and understand their viewpoint and expose their tactics.

    In short they are against everything national. They are against any national achievement, including national industrial production, national prestige, national defence, national currency, national security and calm. And they will form tactical alliance with any forces that will destroy Iran national power. Create chaos and instability and aim for an opportunistic dash for power. To serve foreign and American interests. Nothing changed there from the old MKO days. Apart from their clean shaven and immaculate suits and dresses.

    But they are not all dressed like that. In Iran where everyone is a good Muslim, they sport beards and some wear Turbans. It is even more important for Iranians to close this weakness in political system. Expand democracy by organised political parties in Iran and reduce or eliminate this liberalism disease and their  ( right wing) monopoly on power.

    @ crod

    The closure of Nuclear plant has happened before as a matter of precaution against attack by Usraelis. Removing the fuel rods to safe place, so that Demona can be taken out without risk of Bushehr being destroyed.

    Edit : The Liberals want an expansion of strikes by workers  to affect all Iran industry to cause damage to national industry, without offering a way for workers to gain the right wages and conditions.

    The national factory owners want to stop  all strikes by workers to maintain poor working conditions and fat profits, without offering a way for workers to gain the right wages and conditions.

    The Iranian workers want to expand the strikes to gain the right wages and conditions without offering any other way to improve their condition.

    Only a political party of workers and farmers with proportional membership in Parliament can find a way to improve wages and conditions without the need for strikes or damages to national interests.

    Therefore workers representatives must be free to lead them and form political parties to improve social conditions for the majority.

    https://www.amnesty.org.uk/press-releases/iran-mass-torture-following-brutal-crackdown-november-protests-new-report?utm_source=google&utm_medium=grant&utm_campaign=BRD_AWA_GEN_dynamic-search-ads&utm_content=

    A long but accurate ( Amnesty is generally accurate) article on political problems. Indicating the need for democratisation of political process. What you think?  I said before that there could be no political crimes. Only security crimes. Soon after they brought in laws for political crimes!

    nomadski likes this post

    nomadski
    nomadski

    Posts : 1419
    Points : 1429
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  nomadski Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:22 am

    Climate change is causing droughts and floods. Iran like other ME countries will face shortages. A 50% decrease in rainfall. So the capacity for water storage and use must be improved. I have previously mentioned some solutions on other forums like IMF, when it was running. But mention again :

    ( 1 )  Water storage capacity must be increased. Best in covered underground facility to stop evaporation. Long term storage for a droughts that may last upto 5 years.

    (  2 )  Cleaning waste water for agricultural use . Sewage system in all towns. Turkey was going to help build these.

    (  3 )  Desalination plants for production and storage of drinking water.

    (  4 )  Planting drought resistant crops for food in dry areas. Leaving Rice cultivation for traditional Rice growing region to protect Iranian Rice variety and communities in the North. Replacing alternative carbohydrate source like wheat for Rice. If shortage of Rice then Ration. No import of Rice.

    ( 5 ) Design and replace domestic cooling systems that use no water. Make a law for this.

    (  6) provide lower quality water of salt water for flushing of toilets. Educate people in using less water for washing. Design special showers that limit water use.

    (  7)  Allow domestic water storage in large plastic containers. When supplies exceed demand, people can store water at home for the dry season.....

    ( 8 ) Diversion of flood water to storage areas. In River Valley or flood plain.


    Sponsored content

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 26 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:22 am