Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    nomadski
    nomadski

    Posts : 1390
    Points : 1400
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  nomadski Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:03 pm

    The leaders of Iran do not want war. Who does. But war will come to them. Does not matter what they want. But what enemy wants. Next time there will be more brazen and humiliating attacks. And they may want to do nothing. Or so they hope. But confidence will be lost in political leadership and army. Iran loosing the will to fight on. How are they going to censure more attacks?  Block the news?  They are on wrong path........................

    The blame is falling on the brave personnel of IRGC. They incompetently shot down. The blame is falling on dedicated personnel of Nuclear industry. They are saboteurs. And there were no serious injuries among passengers of plane, attacked by F15....... Why? Because they need time to build Nukes?  Oh, I forgot, it is against Islam. It must be because the solution is the conversation of civilizations. I heard Nancy Pelosi 's fanny is open to dialogue.  We have people who can speak English very well........ God save us from the bearded Liberals. Their  malign influence must be removed first.


    Last edited by nomadski on Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:34 am; edited 4 times in total
    nomadski
    nomadski

    Posts : 1390
    Points : 1400
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  nomadski Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:12 am

    If Americans are blocking the financial channels for South Korea, to repay the Billion Dollar debt to Iran, for sale of oil. Then they can repay by hard cash or gold directly. Or repay by goods that Iran needs. We will provide the plane if needed. Otherwise as they said, no more trade with Iran or worse...........


    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/en.mehrnews.com/amp/161314/


    https://tradingeconomics.com/south-korea/foreign-exchange-reserves#:~:text=Foreign%20Exchange%20Reserves%20in%20South%20Korea%20averaged%20118656.50%20USD%20Million,Million%20in%20April%20of%201972.


    https://tradingeconomics.com/south-korea/gold-reserves

    avatar
    lulldapull

    Posts : 289
    Points : 324
    Join date : 2010-03-29
    Location : Nagoya

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  lulldapull Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:37 pm

    Iran today rejected the narrative that Natanz warehouse structure housing centrifuge rotors balancing/ calibration lab equipment was sabotaged. Same goes for all other so called fires and explosions. Its 45-50 degC and in most southern areas its hitting 60 degC in khuzestan and Ahwaz etc. Press TV even issued a dedicated article on this drama. If anyone is interested let me know, I'll post it here.
    nomadski
    nomadski

    Posts : 1390
    Points : 1400
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  nomadski Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:43 pm

    Yes, post it please. As far as I know, the  " intelligence" ministry is saying that there exists a huge conspiracy in Nuclear industry, and an explosive device planted by hand was responsible for Natanz. They are therefore blaming someone employed by Nuclear industry. When evidence points to explosion being external to building. Therefore we must ask, why if person had access to plant, that he did not take device into building?  And if he could not,  then why no CCTV footage of identity, while on the grounds of the facility? They should have identified very quickly. This at a time, when they lied about location of first explosion, near Parchin. Being civilian. It only later emerged by traitor Radio pasfarda, that explosion in missile facility. Not to mention all the other incidents coming quickly together. They arrested people today in Kurdistan Region for setting deliberate fires. This was reported. And most important, their suppression of info on Ukraine plane electronics sabotage, reported by Canada and France. No reports in Iran. Blackout. Now I understand the importance of keeping things calm. Such as cyber attacks. Hundreds happening. No need to alarm people. But if they suppress the news about these large attacks. Loss of life. Damage. And even blame IRGC and Nuclear personnel. Then it is against national interest of Iran. Committed by a compromised political system. Interested in narrow political gain. Unless there is political change in Iran, and power is shared by all the people, then the present elite will not be able to do justice to Iranian national interest. It goes back to beginning of revolution. When Democrats and socialists were eliminated. By the right wing. Iranian democracy was subverted. But we hoped that Iranian national interests will be served. But this too is a fail. The wealthy Bazzar and landowners and factory owners and clergy United with them, will only serve their own interests to stay in power. Not national interests. As long as Iranian socialists and Democrats are killed and exiled. Then the right wing will forever crawl to uncle Sam.
    avatar
    lulldapull

    Posts : 289
    Points : 324
    Join date : 2010-03-29
    Location : Nagoya

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  lulldapull Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:52 am

    https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2020/07/22/630152/Iran-explosions-fires-US-Israel-sabotage
    nomadski
    nomadski

    Posts : 1390
    Points : 1400
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  nomadski Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:20 am

    The greatest trick by Satan, was to convince the world, he did not exist.

    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2020/06/14/2285910/suspects-nabbed-in-iran-for-arson/amp

    Iranian people, and not just the ruling elite, need to see the devil. Some try to hide his face. To enter into a deal with it. A deal with the devil.
    nomadski
    nomadski

    Posts : 1390
    Points : 1400
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  nomadski Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:08 am



    https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2020/08/13/2326895/irgc-chief-vows-harsh-revenge-for-gen-soleimani-s-assassination

    I don't want to criticise again. I have all the respect in the world, for IRGC. But this continued we will take revenge, and answer at right time etc. Is good and valid, when :

    ( 1 ) Iran displays a credible detterence. To avoid escalation and great damage to itself.

    ( 2 ) News of all major attacks are conveyed to people and Parliament on time.

    ( 3 ) Decision made by Parliament.

    ( 4 ) Timely response and proportionate. Within hours or if not a few days.

    ( 5 ) Open and clear retaliation. Not by proxy. And not hidden.

    ( 6 ) Targeting those responsible directly.

    ( 7 ) Maintaining positive relations with any invloved country or larger community.

    The important point to remember is that, as long as a state does not dare attack in a small or large way. Then it makes no difference, if they have bases in third countries or not. Russia or China are also surrounded by NAZTO bases. But they do not actively plan to expell them. They have strong army and detterence. They can not be attacked in any meaningful way. And they have economic relations with many NAZTO countries. So conditions must be changed for Iran. First act is to make a detterence force. Without it Iran can not act safely and confidently. IMHO.

    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

    Posts : 5643
    Points : 5637
    Join date : 2016-08-15
    Location : AZ, USA

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  Tsavo Lion Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:02 am

    Iran is becoming a 2nd Pakistan to China:
    https://www.juancole.com/2020/08/bruited-investment-beijing.html

    https://www.eurasiareview.com/11082020-the-china-iran-comprehensive-strategic-partnership-oped/
    nomadski
    nomadski

    Posts : 1390
    Points : 1400
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  nomadski Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:24 pm

    https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/1119048/%D9%86%DB%8C%D8%A7%D8%B2%D9%85%D9%86%D8%AF-%D8%AD%D9%85%D8%A7%DB%8C%D8%AA-%D9%82%D8%B6%D8%A7%D8%A6%DB%8C-%D9%87%D8%B3%D8%AA%DB%8C%D9%85-%D8%AF%D8%B1-%D9%82%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%88%D9%86-%D8%A8%D9%87-%DA%A9%D8%A7%D8%B1%DA%AF%DB%8C%D8%B1%DB%8C-%D8%B3%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%AD-%D9%85%D8%B4%DA%A9%D9%84-%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%B1%DB%8C%D9%85

    Here police chief asks for legal help in using weapons. Mentions troublemakers. Using weapons in some situations is not a problem. For example border areas. But the important  question is about troublemakers.

    What is legal killing?  When life of police or public can be saved, only by taking life of attacker. But to prove killing was legal. Police must provide evidence in court of law. But how?  I mentioned before and I will mention again :

    ( 1 ) In situation of riot  and troubkemaking. Police cameras, both body mounted  and hand held camera must record all police and rioter actions. It must be recorded.

    ( 2 ) All police weapons firing live rounds, must have identifiable owners. The rounds fired  into bodies of any attacker, once removed, can match up to a particular officer. Police rounds can be individually marked.

    ( 3 ) Any killing by police must be investigated by judicial authority in public court. Results published for all. If killing was not lawful, then court has power to punish or dismiss or imprison officer or worse.

    ( 4 ) Less than lethal rounds can be issued and fired from same police weapon. As first line of defense. If a few first rounds will not stop attacker. Following rounds can be full power.......

    Full article by Yandex :


    https://translate.yandex.com/?lang=fa-en&text=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mashreghnews.ir%2Fnews%2F1119048%2F%25D9%2586%25DB%258C%25D8%25A7%25D8%25B2%25D9%2585%25D9%2586%25D8%25AF-%25D8%25AD%25D9%2585%25D8%25A7%25DB%258C%25D8%25AA-%25D9%2582%25D8%25B6%25D8%25A7%25D8%25A6%25DB%258C-%25D9%2587%25D8%25B3%25D8%25AA%25DB%258C%25D9%2585-%25D8%25AF%25D8%25B1-%25D9%2582%25D8%25A7%25D9%2586%25D9%2588%25D9%2586-%25D8%25A8%25D9%2587-%25DA%25A9%25D8%25A7%25D8%25B1%25DA%25AF%25DB%258C%25D8%25B1%25DB%258C-%25D8%25B3%25D9%2584%25D8%25A7%25D8%25AD-%25D9%2585%25D8%25B4%25DA%25A9%25D9%2584-%25D8%25AF%25D8%25A7%25D8%25B1%25DB%258C%25D9%2585
    nomadski
    nomadski

    Posts : 1390
    Points : 1400
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  nomadski Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:40 am

    https://www.france24.com/en/20200825-iran-s-rouhani-says-talks-possible-if-washington-returns-to-2015-nuclear-deal

    Not so fast Mr. ROUHANI !

    The JCPOA, proved that the Americans are not a reliable partner in peace. That they only respond to military might. Iran can no longer trade it's security needs, in favour of economic needs. Such is not possible with the Yanks. Or indeed logical. Without security, there can be no prosperity.

    Any approach by the  Yanks, should take place outside of any demand regarding Iranian nuclear programme, Iran's essential foreign policy goals, conventional arms levels, or internal politics of Iran.

    The Americans have shown that they can not return to JCPOA. So claiming that they can or should is not true. The Americans must first show that they are sincere in peace. Start removing all of the sanctions unconditionally. Pay damages to Iranian economy.  Extradite the persons responsible for murder of Iranian General to Iran to face punishment. Until a time that Iranians are satisfied that they mean peace. In my view a period of ten years of total peace . But even then, no compromise over Iran national interests can be negotiated away. But it may be possible then, to establish diplomatic relations.

    GarryB likes this post

    nomadski
    nomadski

    Posts : 1390
    Points : 1400
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  nomadski Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:28 pm

    https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/1132691/%D9%88%D9%82%D8%AA%DB%8C-%D8%B4%DB%8C%D8%B9%D9%87-%D9%86%D8%B4%DB%8C%D9%86-%D9%87%D8%A7%DB%8C-%D8%A2%D8%B0%D8%B1%D8%A8%D8%A7%DB%8C%D8%AC%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%AA%D8%B3%D9%84%DB%8C%D9%85-%D9%86%D9%85%DB%8C-%D8%B4%D9%88%D9%86%D8%AF-%D9%81%DB%8C%D9%84%D9%85


    Here we see Azer people in R. AZER, mourn the war dead in traditional Shia fashion. But despite their religious commonality, with Iranians. They speak Azeri. Not Farsi. Their loyalty is to Turkey. Not Iran. And if they were to unite with either Turkey or Iran. Then the ethnic power  balance would change in Iran, in their favour. And escalate tensions with the Farsi speaking population. Lead to conflict. As it already is doing in Tabriz.

    So what is the solution?  Greater unity can only happen between Iran and R. AZER, when social conditions are very similar. If Azeris in Iran only speak Farsi and Azeris in R. AZER, also only speak Farsi. Then both religion and language are identical. Unification can happen.

    But as things stand now. The Azeri population in R. AZER, only share in part a common religion with Iranians. Similar to the Iraqi Shia. They may become closer to Iran. But they can not form the same country.

    At the moment, despite their religious chanting, they are allied with Turkey. An expansionist power. Aiming to build a pan - Turkic Empire. The way to stop Turkey, is to support Armenia. To stop their expansionist policy. If Turkey United physically with R. AZER. Then again this would change the ethnic balance of power. Lead to separatism by Iranian Azerbaijani.

    Therefore, Iran should first stop the unification of Azer with Turkey. By supporting Armenia territorial integrity. And should not think about unification of R. AZER, with Iran, at this time. That will also lead to social conflict. Instability. The time for that will come, if and when all Azeris speak Persian.
    crod
    crod

    Posts : 435
    Points : 472
    Join date : 2009-08-04

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  crod Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:17 am

    The NYT (article is behind a paywall) is reporting that the US asked for israeli assistance in the killing Al-Qaida’s number two who had been living in Tehran.

    It was reported that Abu Muhammad al-Masri had been in Iran’s custody since 2003 but had been living freely in an upscale suburb of Tehran since 2015, the NYT cited unnamed US intelligence officials as saying.

    He was shot and killed in August by two assailants on a motorcycle.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 16061
    Points : 16558
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  George1 Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:21 pm

    nomadski wrote:https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/1132691/%D9%88%D9%82%D8%AA%DB%8C-%D8%B4%DB%8C%D8%B9%D9%87-%D9%86%D8%B4%DB%8C%D9%86-%D9%87%D8%A7%DB%8C-%D8%A2%D8%B0%D8%B1%D8%A8%D8%A7%DB%8C%D8%AC%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%AA%D8%B3%D9%84%DB%8C%D9%85-%D9%86%D9%85%DB%8C-%D8%B4%D9%88%D9%86%D8%AF-%D9%81%DB%8C%D9%84%D9%85


    Here we see Azer people in R. AZER, mourn the war dead in traditional Shia fashion. But despite their religious commonality, with Iranians. They speak Azeri. Not Farsi. Their loyalty is to Turkey. Not Iran. And if they were to unite with either Turkey or Iran. Then the ethnic power  balance would change in Iran, in their favour. And escalate tensions with the Farsi speaking population. Lead to conflict. As it already is doing in Tabriz.

    So what is the solution?  Greater unity can only happen between Iran and R. AZER, when social conditions are very similar. If Azeris in Iran only speak Farsi and Azeris in R. AZER, also only speak Farsi. Then both religion and language are identical. Unification can happen.

    But as things stand now. The Azeri population in R. AZER, only share in part a common religion with Iranians. Similar to the Iraqi Shia. They may become closer to Iran. But they can not form the same country.

    At the moment, despite their religious chanting, they are allied with Turkey. An expansionist power. Aiming to build a pan - Turkic Empire. The way to stop Turkey, is to support Armenia. To stop their expansionist policy. If Turkey United physically with R. AZER. Then again this would change the ethnic balance of power. Lead to separatism by Iranian Azerbaijani.

    Therefore, Iran should first stop the unification of Azer with Turkey. By supporting Armenia territorial integrity. And should not think about unification of R. AZER, with Iran, at this time. That will also lead to social conflict. Instability. The time for that will come, if and when all Azeris speak Persian.

    azeris are of turkic origin or turkificized persians? is there any difference between azeris of azerbaitzan and those live in Iran?
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 4094
    Points : 4178
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  medo Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:50 pm

    George1 wrote:
    nomadski wrote:https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/1132691/%D9%88%D9%82%D8%AA%DB%8C-%D8%B4%DB%8C%D8%B9%D9%87-%D9%86%D8%B4%DB%8C%D9%86-%D9%87%D8%A7%DB%8C-%D8%A2%D8%B0%D8%B1%D8%A8%D8%A7%DB%8C%D8%AC%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%AA%D8%B3%D9%84%DB%8C%D9%85-%D9%86%D9%85%DB%8C-%D8%B4%D9%88%D9%86%D8%AF-%D9%81%DB%8C%D9%84%D9%85


    Here we see Azer people in R. AZER, mourn the war dead in traditional Shia fashion. But despite their religious commonality, with Iranians. They speak Azeri. Not Farsi. Their loyalty is to Turkey. Not Iran. And if they were to unite with either Turkey or Iran. Then the ethnic power  balance would change in Iran, in their favour. And escalate tensions with the Farsi speaking population. Lead to conflict. As it already is doing in Tabriz.

    So what is the solution?  Greater unity can only happen between Iran and R. AZER, when social conditions are very similar. If Azeris in Iran only speak Farsi and Azeris in R. AZER, also only speak Farsi. Then both religion and language are identical. Unification can happen.

    But as things stand now. The Azeri population in R. AZER, only share in part a common religion with Iranians. Similar to the Iraqi Shia. They may become closer to Iran. But they can not form the same country.

    At the moment, despite their religious chanting, they are allied with Turkey. An expansionist power. Aiming to build a pan - Turkic Empire. The way to stop Turkey, is to support Armenia. To stop their expansionist policy. If Turkey United physically with R. AZER. Then again this would change the ethnic balance of power. Lead to separatism by Iranian Azerbaijani.

    Therefore, Iran should first stop the unification of Azer with Turkey. By supporting Armenia territorial integrity. And should not think about unification of R. AZER, with Iran, at this time. That will also lead to social conflict. Instability. The time for that will come, if and when all Azeris speak Persian.

    I'm not sure, but before USSR create Azerbaijan, this people were called Caucasian Tartars. Could be that they just take tha name of Azeris in Iran or in that time in Persia.
    azeris are of turkic origin or turkificized persians? is there any difference between azeris of azerbaitzan and those live in Iran?
    nomadski
    nomadski

    Posts : 1390
    Points : 1400
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  nomadski Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:45 am

    @ crod

    "..... The NYT (article is behind a paywall) is reporting that the US asked for israeli assistance in the killing Al-Qaida’s number two who had been living in Tehran......"

    Different possibility here, given I don't have any evidence :

    ( 1 ) This person does not exist. Just a newspaper article.

    ( 2 )  This person exists, but is not Alqaeeda.

    ( 3 )  This person exists, and is  Alqaeeda.

    ( 4 )  Ditto. And is alive.

    ( 5 )  Is dead.

    ( 6 )  Was killed.......

    If we are to believe that this person existed as an AQ member in Tehran, living there peacefully and was killed. Then unlikely for Israeli to do it. Or Yanks. Because their own boys. More a case of Iranians making a gift for new admin. Persian cat brings gift to Yank owner !?


    https://youtu.be/KP9iWRP_uTk


    @ George1


    "..... azeris are of turkic origin or turkificized persians? is there any difference between azeris of azerbaitzan and those live in Iran?......"

    Iran lost territory in Caucases to Russia, more than 100 years ago. Since then, during soviet times, there were systematic expulsions of Iranians into Central Asia. To change ethnic mix. My uncle was deported to Gulag, where he died. Because he refused to give up his Iranian passport. There was importation of different ethnic people into Azer. Now there is a mix. They are different to Iranian Azeris. Different development. But with some similarity, with language and religion. The name for Azer in Iran, is Arran. The name Iran, I believe derived from it. Iranic origin. Also genetic study proved these people are closest in DNA to Iranian people.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 7326
    Points : 7475
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:09 am

    Probably #1, the Israeli's protected ISIL/Al Qaeda in the Golan Heights, even allowed them to be hospitalized with medical attention.

    nomadski likes this post

    nomadski
    nomadski

    Posts : 1390
    Points : 1400
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  nomadski Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:12 am

    Yes, and this killing  of supposed AQ member ( hypothetical ) and great foreign news coverage stands in  Sharp contrast to killing of Iranian University teacher , a few days ago, in drive by shooting. Hardly any coverage  by NYT or by  local media or  statement by Iranian officials. Great distraction? Cover one story , with another story ?


    Similar to earlier in this year. Soliemani killed 3 January. Ukraine plane " shot down" on 8 Jan 2020.


    Edit :  I could believe a domestic agent being responsible or a foreign agent for the teacher 's  killing. But in case of previous assassinations of university professors , they are all nuclear and physics teachers. I find it hard to believe that only nuclear scientists , should somehow become outspoken politically , and thus become targets of domestic terrorism. So it is obvious to me that foreign terrorism was responsible for their killings.

    Now, there is little or no details about this latest assassination. Only that unlike the many  previous assassinations, there is little or no news about it in Iran . This is strange. Now if he was not a Nuclear scientist,  and perhaps a Geography teacher, then this rules out foreign activity. Together with media silence. Does anyone know?
    nomadski
    nomadski

    Posts : 1390
    Points : 1400
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  nomadski Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:37 am

    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/iran-crisis-boris-johnson-trump-soleimani-corbyn-commons-quds-a9275336.html%3famp


    I heard Iran FM, was going to invite UK. Face to face talks with general soleimani murderers supporters.


    https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2020/11/17/2390974/foreign-ministers-discuss-iran-uk-cooperation

    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/en.mehrnews.com/amp/139727/

    Not even a year has passed. Hard revenge by the Liberals.
    crod
    crod

    Posts : 435
    Points : 472
    Join date : 2009-08-04

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  crod Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:28 pm

    nomadski wrote:https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/iran-crisis-boris-johnson-trump-soleimani-corbyn-commons-quds-a9275336.html%3famp


    I heard Iran FM, was going to invite  UK. Face to face talks with general soleimani murderers supporters.


    https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2020/11/17/2390974/foreign-ministers-discuss-iran-uk-cooperation

    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/en.mehrnews.com/amp/139727/

    Not even a year has passed. Hard revenge by the Liberals.

    you need negotiations like it or not, it doesn't mean one has to trust them or the people involved in them but better to be seen as approachable instead of sitting there unwilling to talk - hard for sanctions to be increased whilst talks are ongoing imo.
    true they signed an agreement in good faith and had it thrown in their faces but that caused more damage to the US than anyone else and it divided the coalition. behind the scenes and you don't get t see it, but I can assure you the Europeans were scathing and furious at the americans. the relationship was rock bottom and I don't exaggerate here - Biden has been told by the Europeans that he needs to go a long way to make amends and clear up the mess his soon to be dumped predecessor created. dirty washing doesn't get aired in public, the Europeans and most prefer it that way, but that sure as fcuk doesn't mean the dirty laundry didn't pile up and Biden has been made very clear on who is doing the washing.
    that only deals with geo political stuff....the real fire works will come from the tech tax discussions between the two and if america continues to push back, they will have to concede elsewhere - that's how negotiations and compromise work.

    crod
    crod

    Posts : 435
    Points : 472
    Join date : 2009-08-04

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  crod Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:30 pm

    nomadski wrote:Yes, and this killing  of supposed AQ member ( hypothetical ) and great foreign news coverage stands in  Sharp contrast to killing of Iranian University teacher , a few days ago, in drive by shooting. Hardly any coverage  by NYT or by  local media or  statement by Iranian officials. Great distraction? Cover one story , with another story ?


    Similar to earlier in this year. Soliemani killed 3 January. Ukraine plane " shot down" on 8 Jan 2020.


    Edit :  I could believe a domestic agent being responsible or a foreign agent for the teacher 's  killing. But in case of previous assassinations of university professors , they are all nuclear and physics teachers. I find it hard to believe that only nuclear scientists , should somehow become outspoken politically , and thus become targets of domestic terrorism. So it is obvious to me that foreign terrorism was responsible for their killings.

    Now, there is little or no details about this latest assassination. Only that unlike the many  previous assassinations, there is little or no news about it in Iran . This is strange. Now if he was not a Nuclear scientist,  and perhaps a Geography teacher, then this rules out foreign activity. Together with media silence. Does anyone know?

    i dont think there is any doubt that israelis are doing this with or without outside and inside help.
    nomadski
    nomadski

    Posts : 1390
    Points : 1400
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  nomadski Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:12 pm

    https://en.mehrnews.com/news/166147/Zarif-s-trip-to-Russia-Azerbaijan-postponed

    Postponed since no decision yet in Iran about NK agreement ? I think if Turkey gains access to the  R. AZER now , in a big way, then this will create a separatist move in Iran. And Iran can not allow that. So no Rail link to Baku at present. And Turkey has to pull back major time.

    Iran must now do social engineering inside Iran, to change ethnic makeup of border regions near Turkey and R. AZER. This can be done in the following ways, and will take decades to complete.

    ( 1)  In border regions, new settlements and industry can be built. And non- Azeri speaking people moved in. This will create a non-pure ethnic mix. And stop sectarian political or military moves by Azeri majority in future.

    ( 2 ) Azeri speakers can be resettled in other parts of Iran and Farsi speakers moved in. Economic incentives can be provided. Again increasing ethnic mixing.

    ( 3 ) At regions where ethnic Azeris are demarcated from Persians, further inland, factories can be built that employ diverse groups. This will create intermarriage and further mixing.

    ( 4 ) The same policy can be carried out in R. AZER, by Iran. Until after a few generations, the population in Iran and R. AZER both become very diverse and mixed and similar in makeup . Not ethnically pure. But cosmopolitan.

    ( 5 ) The same policy to be carried out in Iranian Kurdistan.

    Only once this policy is complete, can Turks have free access to Caucases. Since their involvement then, can not create a sectarian war in ethnically pure areas. So talk of access is too early. About 50 years too early or more. If Turks push for access, then Iran can retaliate and support Kurd separatism in Turkey. And it will be immune itself, since Iranian Kurdistan also would become ethnically impure and mixed by policy.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 8776
    Points : 8871
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  JohninMK Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:35 pm

    If correct what will the response to this be?

    Amid speculation that Israel is on war footing over a possible strike in Iran in the coming weeks, moments ago Iranian state media reported that the country's top nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh was assassinated in Damavand, east of Tehran. He was reportedly accompanied by his bodyguard when they were attacked by a “suicide” attacker at the entrance of Absard town.

    According to IPF News, Fakhrizadeh was killed by shooting, but before the shootout, his car has been stopped with an explosion at Mostafa Khomeini Blvd. Several others are also reportedly killed in the incident, but haven’t been identified yet.

    Fakhrizadeh was a brigadier general in the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corp (IRGC) and headed Iran’s nuclear weapons project.

    He was a professor of physics at the Imam Hussein University in Tehran and was former head of Iran's Physics Research Center.

    While there has been no official confirmation of the death yet, and Iran Atomic Energy organization has denied the reports, saying that no incident involving nuclear scientists took place according to ISNA News Agency, Iran's revolutionary guards commander wrote on Twitter that Iran will avenge the killing of scientists as it has in the past according to the Jerusalem Post.

    No one has yet claimed responsibility for the assassination, but the Israeli regime has a history of hiring hit men to assassinate nuclear scientists in Iran.

    In 2018, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said "remember that name" after he announced that the Mossad had obtained 100,000 files from Iran's secret nuclear archives. The files retrieved by Mossad focused on the secret Iranian nuclear program that was developed from 1999 to 2003 called Project Amad, which was led by Fakhrizadeh. When Iran entered the 2015 nuclear deal, it denied that such a program existed.

    After the April 2018 killing of several nuclear scientists in Iran, a "protective shield of secrecy and security" had been thrown around Fakhrizadeh, in an effort to protect him against Israeli assassins.

    In 2003, Iran was forced to shelve Project Amad, but not its nuclear ambitions. It reportedly split its program into an overt program and a covert one that continued the nuclear work under the title of scientific knowhow development, Netanyahu said at the time. It continued this work in a series of organizations, which in 2018 were led by SPND, an organization inside Iran’s Defense Ministry led by the same person who led Project Amad – Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, Netanyahu said.

    According to the WSJ, Fakhrizadeh is often described as Iran’s Robert Oppenheimer, the developer of the world’s first atomic bombs, and not because of the Iranian’s latent pacifist convictions. His name came to light about a decade ago as the elusive head of Iran’s Organization of Defensive Innovation and Research, widely believed to be the group conducting Iran’s nuclear-weaponization work. In 2012 the Journal’s Jay Solomon reported that, after lying low for a few years, Fakhrizadeh had “opened a research facility in Tehran’s northern suburbs involved in studies relevant to developing nuclear weapons.”



    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/head-irans-nuclear-weapons-project-assassinated
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 7401
    Points : 7385
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  Isos Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:43 pm

    Not the first time.

    Interesting timing, couple days ago Iran switch wester prisoner for two iranian detained in Thailand for trying to kill israeli ambassador there after israrli killed an iranian.

    Maybe the scenario will repeat.

    Iran is also very active at answering every US/Israrli attacks. I guess they will try to kill an israeli the same way.
    avatar
    nero

    Posts : 134
    Points : 134
    Join date : 2019-03-26

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty the news of the assassination and killing of a nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh.

    Post  nero Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:08 pm

    The Iranian Ministry of Defense issued a statement confirming the news of the assassination and killing of a nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh.

    https://twitter.com/Archer83Able/status/1332336914863689730
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

    Posts : 1289
    Points : 1447
    Join date : 2012-04-02
    Location : India || भारत

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  Sujoy Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:28 pm

    A top Iranian nuclear scientist has been assassinated.

    https://twitter.com/Bradjstone80/status/1332347418986172417?s=20

    The extent of the Mossad’s intelligence and operational reach inside the Islamic Republic

    Sponsored content

    IRAN: Latest and Breaking News - Page 20 Empty Re: IRAN: Latest and Breaking News

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat May 08, 2021 6:28 pm