Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Armed Forces Personnel

    Hole
    Hole

    Posts : 3664
    Points : 3662
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 44
    Location : Merkelland

    Russian Armed Forces Personnel - Page 7 Empty Re: Russian Armed Forces Personnel

    Post  Hole on Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:39 pm

    The northern district also got a few, special troops for the arctic + some air assault units.

    Isos likes this post

    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3723
    Points : 3753
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Russian Armed Forces Personnel - Page 7 Empty Re: Russian Armed Forces Personnel

    Post  franco on Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:06 pm

    Hole wrote:The northern district also got a few, special troops for the arctic + some air assault units.

    They would be included in the Naval Infantry & Coastal Troops being subordinate to the Navy Command.
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3723
    Points : 3753
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Russian Armed Forces Personnel - Page 7 Empty Re: Russian Armed Forces Personnel

    Post  franco on Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:12 pm

    George1 wrote:Russian Armed Forces Personnel - Page 7 79756310

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/4002337.html

    172 page report from the Rand Institute on a study by Americans trying to understand how the Russian Military thinks... Very Happy
    Viktor
    Viktor

    Posts : 5814
    Points : 6449
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 40
    Location : Croatia

    Russian Armed Forces Personnel - Page 7 Empty Re: Russian Armed Forces Personnel

    Post  Viktor on Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:49 pm

    franco wrote:172 page report from the Rand Institute on a study by Americans trying to understand how the Russian Military thinks... Very Happy  

    True while having difficulties comprehending even only numbers Smile
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3723
    Points : 3753
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Russian Armed Forces Personnel - Page 7 Empty Re: Russian Armed Forces Personnel

    Post  franco on Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:52 pm

    My take on the present military personnel totals in the Russian Ministry of Defense:

    officers and warrants. In 2016 Deputy Defense Minister Pankov stated that when they talked about military staffing level ( ie, 95%), they were referring to the cadre of officers and warrants not the overall total. (218,000)
    contract servicemen (405,000)
    conscripts (228,000)
    military school cadets (62,000 – 1,300 foreign = 60,700)
    - University students taking military training at Civilian Higher Education establishments Military Departments (96 – ROTC similar). Of the last posted total of 61,200 (2018-2019), 10,500 were studying to become Regular Officers while the rest become Reserve Officers, Warrants or Sergeants upon graduation (provided there is not a shortage and Regular service is required). Apparently this training period and reserve service counts against or in lieu of national service (conscription). Not sure how this group counts against the authorized military totals.

    The above totals would give an active operational force of ~850,000 and a potential overall total of 910-970,000. A year ago, the Head of Mobilization and Organization had stated the active total was just over 830,000. When you factor in another planned 70,000 contractors and 10,000 or so Officers then you would be over the planned authorized strength of 1,013,628.
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3723
    Points : 3753
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Russian Armed Forces Personnel - Page 7 Empty Re: Russian Armed Forces Personnel

    Post  franco on Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:03 am

    Defense Ministry cuts severance pay for conscripts

    The severance pay for conscripts dismissed from military service will be reduced to one salary and will amount to 2 thousand rubles. This follows from the draft order of the Ministry of Defense posted on the federal portal of draft regulatory documents.

    The draft order should amend Article 160 "The procedure for providing monetary allowances to servicemen of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and providing them and their family members with separate payments." At present, this article determines that when conscripted into the reserve, conscripts receive an allowance in the amount of two salaries for a military position. In the new edition, "two salaries" will be replaced by "one salary".

    Thus, conscripts discharged to the reserve, instead of 6 thousand, which consisted of the salary for the last month and two additional ones, will receive 4 thousand, i.e. one salary for the last month and one additional.

    The military department said that the draft of the new order was prepared in order to implement the provisions of the Federal Laws of March 1, 2020 and "will not change the procedure for providing monetary allowances to servicemen, as well as providing them with separate payments, established by the Russian Ministry of Defense."

    Earlier, the Russian government set the size of monthly salaries in accordance with the military positions held by servicemen doing military service on conscription in the RF Armed Forces, at 2,000 rubles.

    NOTE: in case you were curious of what a Russian conscript got paid. Not many years ago the figure was 1,000 rubles.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

    Posts : 4126
    Points : 4210
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian Armed Forces Personnel - Page 7 Empty Re: Russian Armed Forces Personnel

    Post  flamming_python on Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:19 am

    franco wrote:Defense Ministry cuts severance pay for conscripts

    The severance pay for conscripts dismissed from military service will be reduced to one salary and will amount to 2 thousand rubles. This follows from the draft order of the Ministry of Defense posted on the federal portal of draft regulatory documents.

    The draft order should amend Article 160 "The procedure for providing monetary allowances to servicemen of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and providing them and their family members with separate payments." At present, this article determines that when conscripted into the reserve, conscripts receive an allowance in the amount of two salaries for a military position. In the new edition, "two salaries" will be replaced by "one salary".

    Thus, conscripts discharged to the reserve, instead of 6 thousand, which consisted of the salary for the last month and two additional ones, will receive 4 thousand, i.e. one salary for the last month and one additional.

    The military department said that the draft of the new order was prepared in order to implement the provisions of the Federal Laws of March 1, 2020 and "will not change the procedure for providing monetary allowances to servicemen, as well as providing them with separate payments, established by the Russian Ministry of Defense."

    Earlier, the Russian government set the size of monthly salaries in accordance with the military positions held by servicemen doing military service on conscription in the RF Armed Forces, at 2,000 rubles.

    NOTE: in case you were curious of what a Russian conscript got paid. Not many years ago the figure was 1,000 rubles.

    1000 roubles?

    Boy that would have been rich for my day

    I distinctly remember the pay being enough for some toothpaste, a spare toilet roll and a few candies

    GarryB likes this post

    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3723
    Points : 3753
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Russian Armed Forces Personnel - Page 7 Empty Re: Russian Armed Forces Personnel

    Post  franco on Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:29 pm

    Apparently the 2020 Fall draft will be for 128,000 conscripts as opposed to 132,000 in 2019. Official start date is October 1st although the Spring draft was over a month late starting due to Covid. The Spring Draft was for 135,000 conscripts. Last years (2019) totals were 135,000 (Spring) and 132,000 (Fall).
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 27382
    Points : 27914
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Armed Forces Personnel - Page 7 Empty Re: Russian Armed Forces Personnel

    Post  GarryB on Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:17 am

    To be clear I don't like that you got such a small pay FP, but liked that you shared your experience... Smile

    flamming_python likes this post

    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3723
    Points : 3753
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Russian Armed Forces Personnel - Page 7 Empty Re: Russian Armed Forces Personnel

    Post  franco on Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:11 pm

    Russian troops in 2020 joined 30 thousand contractors

    Over the past eight years, the list number of this category of military personnel has more than doubled. According to the results of the current year, the number of military personnel under the contract was increased by 30 thousand people.

    This category of military personnel is currently the most numerous. The number of contract soldiers is almost twice (1.Cool higher than the number of conscripts.

    To date, military personnel under the contract are fully staffed, the positions of sergeants; crews of submarines and surface ships serving in the far sea zone; military units and units involved in peacekeeping tasks; special purpose units, as well as most of the positions of drivers and snipers, a number of positions related to the operation and provision of modern weapons and equipment.

    Special attention is paid to the quality of acquisition. Monitoring data and sociological studies show that a modern contractor is a motivated young man under the age of 30, who has made an informed choice of military service, has a professional education, as well as military service experience and class qualifications.

    Only recently, orders of the Minister of Defense established additional monthly allowances: 50 percent of the official salary-for soldiers and sergeants serving in positions from 1 to 4 tariff category; 30 percent of the official salary-for drivers of vehicles of categories C, D and E; in the amount of 100 to 120 percent of the official salary-for certain categories of military personnel of flight and flight test personnel, crews of warships and boats, Strategic Missile Forces (from July 1, 2020).

    As a result of the introduction of these incentive payments, the amount of monetary allowances for military personnel on average increased from 3.5 to 23 thousand rubles. These positive changes affected about 200 thousand military personnel.

    https://function.mil.ru/news_page/country/more.htm?id=12334038@egNews

    GarryB and LMFS like this post


    Sponsored content

    Russian Armed Forces Personnel - Page 7 Empty Re: Russian Armed Forces Personnel

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:25 pm