Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+42
franco
Backman
lancelot
gbu48098
JohninMK
LMFS
PapaDragon
Odin of Ossetia
Tsavo Lion
Tai Hai Chen
Firebird
PhSt
MiamiMachineShop
Hannibal Barca
Rodion_Romanovic
GarryB
calripson
ATLASCUB
kvs
SeigSoloyvov
GustavoHF
Nibiru
Isos
d_taddei2
miketheterrible
Hole
George1
magnumcromagnon
Rodinazombie
jhelb
Karl Haushofer
ExBeobachter1987
Walther von Oldenburg
Regular
KoTeMoRe
Project Canada
Khepesh
sepheronx
TR1
flamming_python
Viktor
Russian Patriot
46 posters

Russia-Belarus Relationship

George1
    George1

Russia-Belarus Relationship - Page 7 Empty Re: Russia-Belarus Relationship

Post  George1 Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:04 pm

Russia, Belarus ink five-year strategic military partnership plan for first time

https://tass.com/defense/1261783

slasher likes this post

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:54 am

Lukashenko commented on the results of the meeting with Putin.

▪ The loan to Belarus and the transfer of power were not discussed.

▪ It would be foolish to work on a "merger" in a unified state.

"As an independent sovereign state we are able to build such a system of relations that this system will be stronger than even cooperation between individual regions of Russia," explained Lukashenko.

▪ Countries need to coordinate their actions in the economy to "not worry" about Western sanctions.

▪ Minsk will continue to coordinate defense and foreign policy with Moscow.

▪ Gazprom is invited to participate in the modernization of the company Grodno Azot.  https://t.me/sputniklive/16631

Again he is trying to maintain his grasp to power... of course he does not want a merger, because he would be at max just a governor (probably to be kicked out at the next available election)...

Finty likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:46 am

I doubt he would survive another election, but I don't think the opposition people the west favour will do any better... they tend to favour compliant bitches which means they can only get into power by force...

I think Belarus is sick of Luka, but I don't think they will want to pick a pro EU party or candidate and head down the path paved for the Ukraine...
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:38 pm

Belarus starts oil product transshipment via Russian ports

https://tass.com/economy/1263409

LMFS likes this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:51 pm

Luka will not allow a merge this has been well known.

if russia wants one they need to remove him and replace him with someone who will, that said it is unclear if the Belarus population supports joining the federation.

it will be interesting to see if they do or don't.
    LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:54 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Luka will not allow a merge this has been well known.

if russia wants one they need to remove him and replace him with someone who will, that said it is unclear if the Belarus population supports joining the federation.

The really important thing is the current reinforcement of the common nationality by the progressive integration of the two countries, which is the underlying condition to every viable state. They are the same blood with the same culture, language and increasingly economy, laws, institutions... and common enemies. What sense does it make to have two different states? What does it matter if they have Lukashenko, when both countries walk together?
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:20 pm

LMFS wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:Luka will not allow a merge this has been well known.

The really important thing is the current reinforcement of the common nationality by the progressive integration of the two countries, which is the underlying condition to every viable state. They are the same blood with the same culture, language and increasingly economy, laws, institutions... and common enemies. What sense does it make to have two different states? What does it matter if they have Lukashenko, when both countries walk together?

That is your personal view, the population by at least a 51 percent margin would need to approve of it before both governments go forward with it and that is the choice of the Belarus people, not mines or anyone else's who doesn't live there.

If russia tries to absorb Belarus when they are not willing then eventually Belarus will leave and they will become heavily anti-russian as russia would be viewed by the populice as the bad country who tried to take them over which will easily then push Belarus into the orbit of the west for protection.

so its critical, Russia be sure the common folk want it.

If they don't want it, they don't want it.

If they do, then they do.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:02 am

The next election cycle will be when the people of Belarus decide one way or the other, but I am sure the Russians will take measures to make sure it is a free and fair election.... like they did in the Crimea.

What ever their decision I am sure Russia will respect... if they wanted to force integration then there would be no reason to wait.
    LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:07 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    That is your personal view, the population by at least a 51 percent margin would need to approve of it before both governments go forward with it and that is the choice of the Belarus people, not mines or anyone else's who doesn't live there.

If russia tries to absorb Belarus when they are not willing then eventually Belarus will leave and they will become heavily anti-russian as russia would be viewed by the populice as the bad country who tried to take them over which will easily then push Belarus into the orbit of the west for protection.

so its critical, Russia be sure the common folk want it.

If they don't want it, they don't want it.

If they do, then they do.

As Garry says, they are in no hurry. It is useless and it is not Putin's style, at all. If you notice, he (as any good statesman) bases his policies on underlying facts like the ones I mention above, not on superficial judgement or short term opportunism. By the time there is serious talk about unification, both countries would have been one de facto for a long while and probably it will be obvious for everyone that the next logical step of unification is in fact overdue.

And in terms of what the "people" want or not, propaganda has achieved that sons of Russians in Ukraine think they are completely apart, so don't make me laugh with "democracy" and such BS, you know how that works in real world. States have been shaping national feelings for centuries and have become pretty good at it. The only thing Belarusians need no to hate Russia is that the 5th column is removed from the levers of power and Western brain washing is stopped. Given the already existing and expanding links between the countries (families, work, study, friends, commerce etc.), being together and removing the barriers is a no brainer. Plus the fact that an independent Belarus is vulnerable to Western destabilization while as part of Russia it wouldn't.

elconquistador and slasher like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:35 pm

Again this is all your opinion, your opinions do not represent anything but yourself. So do not try and lecture me with views that are solely your own and acting as if that's how the people think.

Russia does have a limited timeframe in how long it can wait to absorb Belarus.

It's very simple LMFS, if they want to unify they want to if they don't and russia forces the issues it's only shooting its self in the foot. The reason Crimea went as well as it did was that the people wanted it.

Finty likes this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:21 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Again this is all your opinion, your opinions do not represent anything but yourself. So do not try and lecture me with views that are solely your own and acting as if that's how the people think.

Russia does have a limited timeframe in how long it can wait to absorb Belarus.

It's very simple LMFS, if they want to unify they want to if they don't and russia forces the issues it's only shooting its self in the foot. The reason Crimea went as well as it did was that the people wanted it.

Yet you lecture me about how things REALLY are, right? Funny you are...

kvs likes this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:03 am

Acting as is the majority of Belarus shares your opinion is ignorant that's all, I'm saying. You are welcome to have your views but your views are just that your views.

has of right now, I have not seen massive support from the Belarus population to unify with Russia.

Maybe it is there, maybe it isn't when the time comes we'll see.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:18 am

Where is the anti Russian push to break ties with Russia and join the EU.

A few kids in the streets a few months ago... sounds like they are not as gullible as Ukrainians who have been working on their anti Putin and anti Russian bullshit a lot longer....

kvs and LMFS like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:06 pm

SS is just parroting the typical yanqui fairy tale, imperial meddling pretext stories of the oppressed yearning to be free with a
    yanqui boot on their necks.

Funny for some yanqui troll to care so much about Belorussians. Must be the same care and concern as for Ukrainians who
    are sinking in an outhouse pit dug by the yanqui installed Banderite regime in Kiev.

When a yanqui utters the word "freedom" it actually means "oppression by us".

LMFS likes this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:47 pm

kvs wrote:SS is just parroting the typical yanqui fairy tale, imperial meddling pretext stories of the oppressed yearning to be free with a
    yanqui boot on their necks.

Funny for some yanqui troll to care so much about Belorussians.   Must be the same care and concern as for Ukrainians who
    are sinking in an outhouse pit dug by the yanqui installed Banderite regime in Kiev.

When a yanqui utters the word "freedom" it actually means "oppression by us".

ah typical crap outta your mouth. Not that I care, just facts there hasn't been much showing of support to unify with russia from the general population.

That doesn't mean its not there, just that it hasn't been seen. you should be smart enough to notice (maybe not) I never claimed there is or isn't btw

This has nothing to do with the US you moron, and your entire post shows you have nothing to say but traditional idiotic comments.

if Russia wants to unify with Belarus, the support for it will need to be within the general public. you cannot just absorb a country if the population doesn't want it.

Last edited by SeigSoloyvov on Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:50 pm

GarryB wrote:Where is the anti Russian push to break ties with Russia and join the EU.

A few kids in the streets a few months ago... sounds like they are not as gullible as Ukrainians who have been working on their anti Putin and anti Russian bullshit a lot longer....

that wasn't about unifying with Russia but being anti Poro and wanting him gone..why are you taking one event that had nothing t do with the topic and try to twist the narrative? for fucks sake, can you put your pants on in the morning by yourself or do you need help?.

that's propaganda and for guys who claim to hate propaganda, you do tons of it.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:22 am

Funny you accuse me of mental illness....

You quoted what I said so I guess you read it....

GarryB wrote:
    Where is the anti Russian push to break ties with Russia and join the EU.

To which you reply:

that wasn't about unifying with Russia but being anti Poro and wanting him gone..

Poroshenko is gone but he was never a leader in Belarus so I think you probably mean to say:

that wasn't about unifying with Russia but being anti Luka and wanting him gone...

why are you taking one event that had nothing t do with the topic and try to twist the narrative?

Yes, what does children protesting at Lukas presidency have to do with Belrus or Russian Belarus relations.... hmm a tricky one... can I get back to you on that one... the draft on my cold bare ass is making it hard to think because there was no one to dress me this morning. Rolling Eyes

for fucks sake, can you put your pants on in the morning by yourself or do you need help?.

What sort of weirdo wears pants?

I thought you said you were a commando...

that's propaganda and for guys who claim to hate propaganda, you do tons of it.

I live in the west... I am immersed in it.... there is no escape.

Like that reporter who loses it over racist words in Little House On the Prairie... you can only speak the truth if you hide it under a layer of pretending to be comedy... that way if someone pulls you up you can just say it is a joke.

kvs, slasher and The_Observer like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:27 pm

Before you go trying to preach they wanted Luka gone because he wasn't cooperating that well with Russia, that's a huge load of shit. They wanted him gone for other reasons. The entire rest of your reply is garbage

Get those pants on and do some actual research.

Btw yes you posted 100 percent propaganda, its one thing not to like something or agree with it but its another to lie about the fact surrounding it so you can preach some anti US narrative.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:01 am

Who cares what they wanted him gone for, the crowds in question never got to more than a few percent of the population so their views don't really matter anywhere except in the western press.

It is funny a few protests in Belarus and Luka has to go but protesting every weekend for over a year and the yellow jackets in France are terrorists and micron is a hero...

Love the way those rose coloured glasses in the west can distort reality so much...

Do some research?

With the western intel services undermining legitimate sources with corruptions of the truth spewing from Bellingcat and Reuters.... it is easier to look at what is said by the west and just assume the opposite is probably true...

Chinese oppressing people in their country... not because the west cares about these people, but because they don't want their viewers to notice how many people they have locked up in Guantanimo or secret CIA prisons around the world, or for that matter the number of black people their cops have shot this week...

kvs, slasher, miketheterrible, LMFS and The_Observer like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:16 am

Western chauvinists like SS are religious zealots. They have faith and don't need any facts. "America works in mysterious ways."

This is a 1000 year old pathology that was strongly evident during the crusades. This fervor to ram phony "western values" down
    the throats of the "un-west" is deeply rooted. In the New World the "non-believers" were declared not to have souls and to be
    legally treated like farm animals. Americans treat Russians like farm animals. Russians should drop any hint of a delusion about
    Americans.

LMFS likes this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:37 pm

GarryB wrote:Who cares what they wanted him gone for, the crowds in question never got to more than a few percent of the population so their views don't really matter anywhere except in the western press.

It is funny a few protests in Belarus and Luka has to go but protesting every weekend for over a year and the yellow jackets in France are terrorists and micron is a hero...

Love the way those rose coloured glasses in the west can distort reality so much...

Do some research?

With the western intel services undermining legitimate sources with corruptions of the truth spewing from Bellingcat and Reuters.... it is easier to look at what is said by the west and just assume the opposite is probably true...

Chinese oppressing people in their country... not because the west cares about these people, but because they don't want their viewers to notice how many people they have locked up in Guantanimo or secret CIA prisons around the world, or for that matter the number of black people their cops have shot this week...

It matters why they wanted him gone when your attempting to lie about and say it was for this reason when that wasn't the case.

I never recalled saying anything about France or my opinion on it, another one, or your classic moves, trying to bring up a separate issue to discredit and make your stance look good. That type of grade school level tactic might work here but in the real world, its full of shit. So that part of your reply is garbage.

Yes yes this is why talking with you is pointless, your a biased tool incapable of seeing facts if they don't suit your views but its okay that's like 99 percent of people on this forum.

Black people? man your this stupid? wow not surprised. Here are some facts more white people are killed a year by police than black people.

Russia locks those it considers terrorists up also and has for these secret CIA prisons your high. All agencies including the FSB have detainment facilities that are temp.

but you know what, I found funny? how you could not argue my words because they are true so you resorted to "weh weh the US EVIL WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH".

now because you did that we are done here.

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:38 pm

kvs wrote:Western chauvinists like SS are religious zealots.   They have faith and don't need any facts.   "America works in mysterious ways."

This is a 1000 year old pathology that was strongly evident during the crusades.   This fervor to ram phony "western values" down
    the throats of the "un-west" is deeply rooted.   In the New World the "non-believers" were declared not to have souls and to be
    legally treated like farm animals.   Americans treat Russians like farm animals.   Russians should drop any hint of a delusion about
    Americans.

Okay KVS prove to me then, Belarus population wants to join Russia by a majority.

I'm giving you the chance to prove me wrong.

I'm waiting, if you don't you just showing your full of shit.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:42 pm

Black people? man your this stupid? wow not surprised. Here are some facts more white people are killed a year by police than black people.

Well that says it all... it is OK for American police to murder black people and get away with it because they murder white people too.... awesome logic.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:36 am

GarryB wrote:

Well that says it all... it is OK for American police to murder black people and get away with it because they murder white people too.... awesome logic.

You're a real piece of work, nowhere in my remark did I say police killing black people is okay, you brought it up and tried to pull that race card so I corrected you.

I 100 percent support a cop who does wrong be punished twice the amount a normal person would for such a crime.

Trying to paint me as racist because you got no other response is pathetic you child.

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:19 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Yes yes this is why talking with you is pointless, your a biased tool incapable of seeing facts if they don't suit your views but its okay that's like 99 percent of people on this forum.

Well if 99% people on this forum are bias tools incapable of seeing the facts as u say then why do u bother being on this forum?

And we all know from the past that ur credibility isnt great and had lied multiple times, and failed to provide evidence multiple times. And Ur favourite words are shit and garbage it just about sums up your posts. I think your statement above can be 100% be applied to yourself.

elconquistador, VARGR198 and miketheterrible like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:30 am