Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+6
JohninMK
max steel
Werewolf
Mike E
GarryB
George1
10 posters

Egyptian Navy: News

GarryB
    GarryB

Egyptian Navy: News - Page 5 Empty Re: Egyptian Navy: News

Post  GarryB Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:19 am

Egyptian Navy: News - Page 5 Peckin12

ahmedfire and lyle6 like this post

Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

Post  Gomig-21 Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:39 pm

ahmedfire wrote:Nice video , this supposed to give more work experience to the Egyptian Engineers and workers to build such corvettes .

One of the better parts in that video that George posted of the Gowind assembly in Egypt is actually a couple of parts besides the entire video of the sections being put together is the part where they had to insert what I believe is one of 2 propeller shafts. That is such precision work with very large and heavy material with no margin for error whatsoever otherwise it creates a vibration that results in a very bad destruction! lol. The other part was at the end for a while I could never figure out what that yellow mini sub thing that they lowered from the stern until I realized it's the towed sonar. At least that's what it seems to make the most sense.

New pics of the new MEKO A200 910 for the Egyptian Navy

Egyptian Navy: News - Page 5 EzvNPv0WEAAbrsr?format=jpg&name=small

Egyptian Navy: News - Page 5 EzvNQLrXoAIpcBu?format=jpg&name=medium

ahmedfire likes this post

ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:20 pm

I realized it's the towed sonar. At least that's what it seems to make the most sense.

Yes it's Captas towed sonar ,variable depth one to detect submarines at deeper depths at Sea State 6 .The ship also has other hull monted sonar at the bottom which detects subs and mines at close depths .

Egyptian Navy: News - Page 5 5q7d6f10

Gomig-21 and joker88 like this post

Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

Post  Gomig-21 Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:38 pm

ahmedfire wrote:
    I realized it's the towed sonar. At least that's what it seems to make the most sense.

Yes it's Captas towed sonar ,variable depth one to detect submarines at deeper depths at Sea State 6 .The ship also has other hull monted sonar at the bottom which detects subs and mines at close depths .

Egyptian Navy: News - Page 5 5q7d6f10

Very cool Mr. Ahmedfire.  That looks more like a Meko than a Gowind but I bet the latter has the same technology, especially the towed sonar as it was clearly shown in a quick clip in one of the videos.

The other thing that is crazy that they must do periodically as part of an organized maintenance program is even with all that bottom paint against marine growth, it's still not 100% effective (ask me how I know lol) and the frogmen who have to clean the bottoms of these ships periodically have to be careful around those hull-mounted sonars especially when scraping those ever so annoying barnacles.

Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

Post  Gomig-21 Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:45 am

Wow, how awesome are the Italians? The first modern era land attack system delivered to Egypt since the Russian Frogs and North Korean missiles. Aside from the longer range Aster 30, the Volcano is an offensive missile. I guess we can say the SCALPs were first, but for the navy, this is huge.

Egyptian Navy takes delivery of Aster-30 Missiles and Vulcano Munitions for FREMM frigates

Egyptian Navy: News - Page 5 Maxresdefault-1

The Egyptian Navy has reportedly taken delivery of ASTER-30 vertically launched surface-to-air missiles and Vulcano precision-guided, gun-launched munitions to equip them on the service’s FREMM Bergamini-class frigates.

https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2...les-and-vulcano-munitions-for-fremm-frigates/

ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:32 pm

Maneuvers during the opening of a new naval base .

GarryB likes this post

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:52 pm

Egypt received the fourth German-built submarine project 209/1400Mod

July 8th, 21:51
    On July 7, 2021, in Kiel (Germany) at the German shipyard Kieler Werft of the thyssenkrupp Marine Systems association (TKMS, the former Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft GmbH / HDW shipyard, part of the thyssenkrupp concern), a ceremony was held for the transfer of the fourth built for them to the Egyptian naval forces. diesel-electric submarine S 44 project 209 / 1400Mod. The ceremony of handover to the Egyptian Navy of the diesel-electric submarine S 44 of project 209 / 1400Mod, built at the German shipyard Kieler Werft TKMS.

Egyptian Navy: News - Page 5 90102010
    Egyptian Navy: News - Page 5 90106110

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/4347645.html

ahmedfire and Gomig-21 like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:22 am