Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+95
nomadski
ALAMO
flamming_python
Dr.Snufflebug
kvs
higurashihougi
GarryB
mnztr
JohninMK
lyle6
sepheronx
Walther von Oldenburg
Begome
Firebird
lancelot
thegopnik
Rodion_Romanovic
Broski
Scorpius
caveat emptor
Krepost
Arrow
limb
ATLASCUB
Azi
sundoesntrise
TMA1
Mindstorm
Sujoy
nero
Yugo90
Backman
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
elconquistador
Hole
miketheterrible
ultimatewarrior
Isos
arpakola
Grazneyar
Werewolf
Odin of Ossetia
par far
AlfaT8
d_taddei2
medo
KiloGolf
NationalRus
Rodinazombie
Zivo
Kadmos45
Armenian
SturmGuard
mack8
Neutrality
OminousSpudd
Dima
franco
Godric
marat
Akula971
Vann7
ExBeobachter1987
Svyatoslavich
zorobabel
VladimirSahin
PapaDragon
TheGeorgian
KoTeMoRe
calm
Khepesh
Project Canada
max steel
HUNTER VZLA
Heartbeer
Kyo
T055
George1
Morpheus Eberhardt
Hannibal Barca
POKL
magnumcromagnon
TR1
Regular
zg18
etaepsilonk
AttilaA
Cyberspec
TheArmenian
Admin
Ogannisyan8887
Viktor
Turk1
DoubleEagle
Russian Patriot
99 posters

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict]

nomadski
    nomadski

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 36 Empty Re: Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict]

Post  nomadski Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:27 pm

Disagree .Russia , Iran , and China are not doing enough to protect their own land routes , to Europe and each other , that pass through the Caspian and the Caucasus . A land route through the Caucasus to the Black Sea and beyond , will be vital for China and Iran . And for Russia / Iran a land route will be vital too . This means the territorial integrity of Armenian populated areas , that act as a counter- weight to a NATO / American / Turkish expansion , must be protected .

I suggested having a development plan for the region . Or as the R. Azeris  say " a plan of integration . " This should allow for equal access for transportation , across the region , and a non- build-up of armies and foreign forces , and investment in border regions to facilitate a homogeneous population , over time . But why then to disarm the people in NK region ? If all they had was defensive small arms ? And they carried no war into R. Azer region ? If all these arms did , was to make ethnic cleansing difficult and costly ?

Unless the Turks plan ethnic cleansing , and disturbing the territorial integrity of Armenian lands ? So we have to wait on the powerless Armenian population , that can not defend themselves ? Or their sell-out leaders , to take action ? Before we do something ? Well it will be too late by then . Americans have for decades been giving ethnic Armenians easy residence in the USA , ethnic cleansing by immigration means ! And now Russia " helps ? " civilians out of NK too ? Ethnic cleansing by emigration means ?
    franco
    franco

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 36 Empty Re: Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict]

Post  franco Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:55 pm

Azerbaijani servicemen suspected of causing the death of Russian peacekeepers have been detained, and the commander of the unit of the republic's Armed Forces, of which they were part, has been removed from command. This was reported by a source in the Russian military department.

According to the source, the command of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces removed from duties the commander of the republic’s army corps, whose subordinates opened fire on the car of Russian peacekeepers, which led to their death. In addition, the first suspects in the shooting have already been detained, and the investigation continues. As already reported, it is being conducted jointly by Russian and Azerbaijani law enforcement officers and the military.

The commander of the corps of the Azerbaijani armed forces, whose subordinates are guilty of the death of military personnel of the Russian peacekeeping contingent, has been relieved of his duties. The first suspects in the crime were detained - said the source.

Let us recall that a car with Russian servicemen from the peacekeeping contingent was fired upon with small arms in the area of ​​the settlement of Janyatag (Chankatakh) in Nagorno-Karabakh, which led to the death of the peacekeepers. According to various sources, there were four or five dead, one of them was the deputy commander of the Russian peacekeeping contingent, Ivan Kovgan. The Ministry of Defense has not made an official statement.

Today, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, in a telephone conversation with Vladimir Putin, apologized, expressing condolences to the families and friends of the victims. He also offered to provide financial assistance to the families of the dead peacekeepers. Aliyev confirmed that Azerbaijan will conduct the most thorough investigation of the incident, and all those responsible will be punished.

https://topwar-ru.translate.goog/226573-istochnik-soobschil-o-zaderzhanii-pervyh-podozrevaemyh-v-rasstrele-avtomobilja-s-rossijskimi-mirotvorcami-v-nagornom-karabahe.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

kvs and Hole like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:59 am

This now killed officer, the deputy commander of the Russian peacekeeping contingent, Ivan Kovgan, was also, by the sound of it.in his normal job deputy commander of submarines of the Northern Fleet. I can imagine that this has upset the Kremlin quite badly.

Along with his men a sad loss.
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:40 am

Four officers and a conscript were killed. Reaction will be same as in 2020 , when Azeri shot down Mi-24. Zilch.

sepheronx likes this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:48 am

Probably another CIA planned ambush. These things don't just happen. They just don't. And the CIA camps out in all the hot spots of the world to try and see how they can make things worse. See if they can get a shooting war going between all 3 sides.

kvs, JohninMK and lancelot like this post

Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:01 am

America is both hated and feared. Russia is just hated but not feared. Maybe also despised. But certainly not feared. If Russia was feared the azeris would have never done this.

It would be good for Russia if it was feared. Those who hate Russia should also fear it. Currently they don't. And why should they? Why should they fear someone that never initiates aggression and someone that never retaliates to aggression?

sepheronx likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:05 am

JohninMK wrote:This now killed officer, the deputy commander of the Russian peacekeeping contingent, Ivan Kovgan, was also, by the sound of it.in his normal job deputy commander of submarines of the Northern Fleet. I can imagine that this has upset the Kremlin quite badly.

Along with his men a sad loss.
    caveat emptor wrote:Four officers and a conscript were killed. Reaction will be same as in 2020 , when Azeri shot down Mi-24. Zilch.

It's Russia's own fault just as it was with the Mi-8 loss during the last war, don't get it twisted.
    Having men there in a middle of a war with no plan other than to facilitate the surrender of one side. It happens.
    TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:20 am

Dont think Russia should be feared machiavellian style. Putin is not an Ivan or Stalin. This war has taught me the opposite of what our msm says. Putin's regime has been showing extreme restraint. Also I find cynics and doomers who think they can so better to be tiresome. Also they certainly do not help morale. I have been to forums and seen how poisonous it is. I have also witnessed the fabled Russian liberal, who hates anything Putin does or hates even anything current day Russia does. Both doomers and liberals frequently shit on Russian military kit to the po9nt that they think stuff like the Su-57 is inferior and the program should be canceled even now! Astonishing ignorance and even naivete. With some there is also malevolence. But I also sense an overwhelming inferiority complex. It is amazing to behold. Us Americans do not have this. In fact the opposite. Either an ignorant and deluded kind of superiority that is held not knowing our position.

I have a pretty objective view on things. Not trying to be arrogant or anything. Putin's regime is playing a very long game. We are in a very, very risky place. All of us. Thr whole world. I think Putin's regime is well aware. I think it would be wise for Russians to keep frosty, keep their wits about, and hang their hat on Putin's plans. There is no stable alternative anyways at the moment and frankly Putin is probably up there in the top ten greatest leaders in a century. A rare bird.

I'm not saying to idolize the guy. There are some things in his past that disturb me. That said if I was Russian I would look to the past and present and ask myself if Putin has utterly failed. I think one of his greatest blunders was miscalculation of western resolve, though lately I think he had little choice as he is well aware that the current neocon/neolib cliques are scared of losing power and as a result are extremely dangerous, like a cornered animal. Putin's regime of course would know this. Also Putin felt he had to try and reach a bloodless solution even at great risk and cost. After the initial pell mell mess ups and loss of men and equipment the military reshaped itself in reply and have been doing good so far. With all this ultimately I would keep a skeptical, watchful eye on Putin's regime but I would for now trust it. Again that is if I were a Russian.

If Russia were to have a regime change right now I'd say with 94 percent probability it would be disastrous  Fhe west wants the destabilization of regime change and want ANYPNE other than Putin. Also with these geopolitical games in the Caucasus you got turks and jews and what Russians call the Anglo elite working to control the environment. We have damned white papers from multiple RAND tier think tanks discussing it in detail. Thr turks and jews are an extension of American and Bong foreign policy, though they obviously have ulterior motives and the west knows it. I dont know what is wise to do in this situation. It is veeeery tricky. I'd say Russia is right in waiting and seeing what will go on and Russia should act accordingly along with China.

Sorry for my long diatribe. What do you guys think and feel with all this?

Edit:added a sentence

flamming_python, JohninMK and Broski like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:58 am

TMA1 wrote:What do you guys think and feel with all this?

Aside from the fact is one likes VVP or not, there is one thing that is undeniable.
    He will be remembered by the history of being paired with Peter the Great and Catherine the Great.
    We can already start to call him Vladimir the Great, it will be easier Laughing
    People have a weak memory and tend to forget the things just a few years behind.
    Plus there are new generations born who can't remember the past.
    When Putin appeared on the stage back in 1999, Russia was on its knees. The country was on the edge of secessionism. Very close to Brzezinsky strategy of dividing it. Balkanization of Russia was just around the corner, financed and pushed by the very same money.
    Now Russia is world's fifth economy, and this thing is hilarious too, as the other three out of four are de facto bankrupted.
    Oh yeah, I know that self-proclaimed political strategists, economy Nobel price non-winners just because of the world conspiracy against them, and field marshalls second to Alexander the Great only would have done everything much, much better.
    And faster.
    And more.
    It is easy when one has a full stomach. Easy to forget how the pensioners in Yeltsin Russia were dying of hunger.

GarryB, franco, flamming_python, kvs, JohninMK, Rodion_Romanovic, Sprut-B and like this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:43 am

caveat emptor wrote:Four officers and a conscript were killed. Reaction will be same as in 2020 , when Azeri shot down Mi-24. Zilch.
    The Ukrainians thought the same too when they were shelling Donetsk with near impunity for 9 solid years.

But then Russia finally let loose and now 400k hohols are rotting in the ground to date.

Your Turanic buttbuddies are next. There won't even be a NATO to save them.

GarryB, kvs, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:12 pm

flamming_python wrote:It's Russia's own fault just as it was with the Mi-8 loss during the last war, don't get it twisted.
    Having men there in a middle of a war with no plan other than to facilitate the surrender of one side. It happens.
    I agree with you. This was, before everything, a failure of foreign policy. Where you threw soldiers into dangerous situation, without any strategy or end goal. 
    As for this situation or shooting down of Mi-24, I will not say that Azeris don't take any blame, as their army and other government structures, are filled with pan-Turkic assholes. From the picture of the of last "incident", it was obvious that they were killed from short distance and that many bullets were fired, while it is also also obvious that UAZ Patriot was clearly and well marked as Russian.
    But, first and foremost this whole affair is  a foreign policy failure.
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:28 pm

lyle6 wrote:The Ukrainians thought the same too when they were shelling Donetsk with near impunity for 9 solid years.

But then Russia finally let loose and now 400k hohols are rotting in the ground to date.

Your Turanic buttbuddies are next. There won't even be a NATO to save them.
    This mission is done. And, future of Gyumri military base in Armenia is under question. Armenia might leave  CSTO. If they do, base will be closed.
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:32 pm

This base represented a perfectly zero value and could be cut off at any single moment.
    What are we to whine about now, what is trendy? Don't want to fall behind the X trends, you know....

GarryB and JohninMK like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:57 am

It sounds like there has been some kind of deal in Artsahk. And Artsahk militia are handing over their weapons to Russian peace keepers.

https://www.rferl.org/a/cease-fire-nagorno-karabakh-ethnic-armenians-azerbaijan/32601754.html

The helicopter that got shot down in 2020 happened exactly the day before a deal was reached too. The CIA knows when a deal is done. And just takes some Russian lives the day before just because. And Putin has seemed to completely defanged the FSB so none of it gets answered
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:40 am

They knew who did it and what happened. 

November 9 2020 was the helicopter shoot down. [size=32]On 4 January 2021, military investigators announced that they are treating the incident as 'wilful murder," rather than the previous "death through negligence." [/size]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Russian_Mil_Mi-24_shootdown

The ceasefire was announced the same day, Nov 9..
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:17 am

America is both hated and feared. Russia is just hated but not feared.

America is feared because they are selfish bastards who care for no one and nothing except themselves, and they will hang you out to dry if that suits them.

If your interests match theirs they will be with you, but the instant they get a better offer or their interests change you are dropped like a hot rock.

America has money and military power but if you didn't have to deal with them you wouldn't.

Russia doesn't need to be feared... and it is better that they are not.

It does not damage Russia if Armenia think they will get a better deal from the US... Russia can't even fly direct to Armenia without crossing Georgian or Turkish or Iranian or Azerbaijani airspace/territory, and it is not like they identify as being Russians like the people in Kaliningrad do. No land bridge to Kaliningrad but they can go by sea and air to get there.

These deaths probably were a CIA provocation to try to upset Russia and get them to do something stupid to prolong the conflict... because the CIA thrives in conflict.

The CIA will always be able to find patsies and those patsies will end up taking the fall.

But in the end it is just another reason to isolate Russia and Russians from the US of Evil.

kvs, JohninMK, Hole and TMA1 like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:16 am

GarryB wrote:
    America is feared because they are selfish bastards who care for no one and nothing except themselves, and they will hang you out to dry if that suits them.

To get a clue of how Russia is heated, it is enough to take a look at the map of Africa.
    Yeah, I know, reading the maps can be challenging to some, yet to find Africa!
    But I do have faith in people, so can't exclude the possibility that our doom&groom&whine team can rise high, and find it. Somehow, as a collective struggle or something.
    So, as we have the hard part resolved, have a map, and found Africa on it - it will be easy now!
    Make a red flag on every country there, that was more or less friendly to USSR on the peak of its might, let's say we talk 1980.
    Done?
    My men!
    Now, take a green flag, and stick it on every country more or less friendly to Russia, let's say in 2021.
    Done?
    Oh, my hero!
    And now, what do we see there?
    Oh ... oh ... oh oh oh ... weeeell ... Hmm hmm hmm...
    YES!
    The number of flags is different!
    And how is that?
    Twisted Evil  Laughing

kvs, Hole, TMA1 and Belisarius like this post

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:22 pm

@AliTahmizian
    Horrific reports surfacing on Telegram that Baku liquidated #Russia's deputy peacekeeping chief and his convoy b/c they were alerted to a massacre, reached the scene of its aftermath and photographed how Azeri forces had raped and mutilated bodies, including of children. #Artsakh
    Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 36 F6tfPI9XoAAuQ8D?format=png&name=small
    https://twitter.com/AliTahmizian/status/1705564941065851281

kvs likes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:30 pm

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E wrote:@AliTahmizian
    Horrific reports surfacing on Telegram that Baku liquidated #Russia's deputy peacekeeping chief and his convoy b/c they were alerted to a massacre, reached the scene of its aftermath and photographed how Azeri forces had raped and mutilated bodies, including of children. #Artsakh

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6tfPI9XoAAuQ8D?format=png&name=small

https://twitter.com/AliTahmizian/status/1705564941065851281

A lot of dramatic Hollywood style noise coming from Armenians

Too many decorations on this cake if you ask me

Also, Armenia has a  fully equipped military and is not under threat of mass carpet bombing by entire continent if they use it so why are they letting Azerbaijan go shooting up NK if it's so important to them?

And why do they think it's Russia's problem? Especially since even Armenia recognizes NK as Azeri sovereign territory

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:57 pm

Drama queens will be drama queens.
    Only this time, Azeris will make them the real queens.
    With no crown left, whatsoever.
    And Russkie will be able to do business as usual, finally.

PapaDragon, Sprut-B and Hole like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:04 pm

Not a word of condemnation from the glorious west on the rude actions of the police in Erevan.
    Well, they were trained by the US, so I´m surprised that they didn´t shoot the demonstrators.

Armenia is a case for changing the rules of democratic elections. You can´t allow people living
    in far away countries to vote. The diaspora in the US and France supports Pussynyan, but they
    are so far away from Armenia that they won´t be hurt by his stupid decisions. And they only 
    blame Russia for everything.

sepheronx, kvs, Sprut-B, Broski and rfan like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:24 pm

At this point I am not certain about what parts of Ukraine will be Russia, but Armenia will be an excuse to bring nuclear weapons closer to Russia. Azerbaijan is mini-turkey and its a shock they have not joined NATO yet. Is it just better for them to annex Armenia?
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:17 pm

According to Twitter post:

Ethnic Armenians have started to leave the capital of Nagorno-Karabakh Stepanakert en masse, a witness tells Reuters.

It is expected that most of, if not all, the ethnic armenians will leave the region

franco likes this post

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:38 pm

Well, Armenian government has made everything in order to cause this.

The population will have to remember this.

After (it is a matter of when, not If) USA and Turkey will go belly up, the southern Caucasus will be split between Iran and Russia anyway.
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:35 am

thegopnik wrote:At this point I am not certain about what parts of Ukraine will be Russia, but Armenia will be an excuse to bring nuclear weapons closer to Russia. Azerbaijan is mini-turkey and its a shock they have not joined NATO yet. Is it just better for them to annex Armenia?

They will have to colour devolution Aliev in order to do that. Long term, the US probably has plans to topple Aliev and Erdogan.

flamming_python likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:46 pm