Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+48
George1000cy
AlfaT8
Petro007
Asf
POKL
flamming_python
d_taddei2
T055
Stealthflanker
zino
Feldmarszal
Zivo
Viktor
a89
MotherlandCalls
TheArmenian
Firebird
George1
Austin
mack8
navyfield
Mindstorm
Giulio
dino00
fragmachine
GarryB
Mike E
Cyberspec
TheGeorgian
magnumcromagnon
calripson
Airbornewolf
Sujoy
mutantsushi
medo
Strizh
etaepsilonk
Flyingdutchman
Regular
TR1
Hannibal Barca
Werewolf
arpakola
dionis
onwiththewar
sepheronx
Vann7
Morpheus Eberhardt
52 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #7

TheGeorgian
    TheGeorgian

The Situation in the Ukraine. #7 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #7

Post  TheGeorgian Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:52 pm

Vann7 wrote:
    TheGeorgian wrote:So without further stinging and provoking, please provide me, us with some valid information about what is going on right now. May the souls of the airliner incident rest in peace. But I want more military detail of the crisis. Like how's the situation of rebels fortifying themselves in Donetsk. Nobody still gave me an answer if insurgents do or do not have self-propelled howitzers for instance. Please stay on topic.

Pretty much the Rebels have captured almost any weapon the Ukraine army have. I don't know if you missed the capture of a repair center with 200 tanks/armored vehicles a month ago..more or less. They even were reports they captured one Su-25 that had to do its pilot an emergency landing.. but without weapons that plane is pretty much useless unless they remove the cockpit and throw molotov bombs on Ukraine position..  Laughing  Of course you need a real pilot to operate them..  There was also some unconfirmed reports they capture some time ago a Buk defense system from the ukie army.. but none of that have been confirmed.  However reports of Grad rockets and self propell artillery , there were some of them.. that rebels captured a few of them too. In videos however it can be confirmed  the Rebels have Portable Mortars and manpads in enough numbers.  All of that taken from the ukie army.

By looking at the map situation and their lose of Slavyanks week ago ,it appears Russsia support for rebels is very limited if any. And that rebels have very strong fighters from abroad ie Serbians and kosacks. But so far majority of Rebels are from eastern Ukraine .

Subscribe to this website..  

http://vineyardsaker.blogspot.com.br

they have very good reports not only from Ukraine conflict but also Middle east.
    and when it comes to Ukraine , the reports there says that the Ukraine army had some small territorial but not very important gains in terrain here and there but at the expense of catastrophic human loses and losing a lot of hardware to the rebels.. It appears that they are under big pressure to win the war fast no matter the casualties.
    also that kiev army have been pushing to try to take control of the crash site.

here is a summary of July offensive by kiev.. pretty much they have been beaten hard ,even when scoring marginal gains in territory in the north and near the crash site. The Novorossiya forces believe the Ukraine army is nearly out of steam ,and showing first signs of collapse. This could explain why Poroshenko is asking for a new round of forced recruitment .

http://vineyardsaker.blogspot.com.br/2014/07/the-ignominious-conclusion-of-kiev.html

This is more like it. Thank you for further sources and information Vann7, very appreciated. Yes that the rebels captured a quantity of heavy military hardware mainly from UA bases seems pretty valid since they use T-64s / T-72. 200+ tanks/APCs sounds pretty realistic + add some of the abandoned UA material that might have been handed over by Russia from Crimea. UA is basicaly fighting a small standing army without airforce and navy. I'd already compare it with something like Abkhaz forces. Ukraine insurgents are far better equipped than Chechens were in the early years. Though rebels also lost a number of those tanks/APCs by UA air support or in combat, some of those also got recaptured. It's a costly war on both sides to say at least and I don't think the Ukrainians lost more than what we see on those pictures / videos unless of course there is more. Those are still heavy losses nontheless. But the insurgents reportedly suffered more casualties in terms of living forces as far as I am aware. The majority of UA seems still highly confident if you ask me despite their own losses and cases of dessertion etc. It's not a secret that they've lost a significant portion of their fighting capability in the fight for Donbass region, but they still have much more manpower and material to win this and they know it. Yet they don't use that advantige. They have a very sophisticated arsenal like MSTAs, upgraded T-64/T-72/BMP/BTRs, UAVs yet I haven't seen anything worth being called tacticaly thought trought except cutting off Donetsk and isolating the insurgents in that area.

I would compare this a bit with US civil war. Union had the manpower and weapons, while tactical superiority was on confed side. This is how I see it here. Rebels def are superior in terms of strategy, tactics .... and that's what they have to be in order to survive.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

The Situation in the Ukraine. #7 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #7

Post  sepheronx Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:11 pm

Moscow Says EU ‘Quietly’ Lifts Ban on Military Equipment Supplies to Kiev
    MOSCOW, August 2 (RIA Novosti) – The EU member states have agreed “behind the back” to lift restrictions on supplying Kiev with military equipment that may be used for internal repressions, the Russian Foreign Ministry said Saturday.
    “We noticed that at the recent meeting at the European Council in Brussels the leaders of the EU member states “quietly” agreed to lift the restrictions on the exports of equipment to Ukraine that may be used for internal repressions. The export of military technologies and equipment has been also allowed,” the ministry said in a statement.
    The ministry said the move is "pierced" by double standards and runs counter to the rules governing control of exports of military technology and equipment adopted by the EU Council on December 8, 2008.
    In particular, Russian diplomats stressed that one of the provisions “urges not to grant a license for exports of military technology or equipment, which could trigger or prolong an armed conflict or aggravate existing tensions in the country of final destination.”
    The Russian Foreign Ministry urged Brussels to reinstate the ban on supplies of military equipment to Ukraine. “Without this [move] the responsibility of the European Union for the continuing bloodshed in southeastern Ukraine is expected to grow,” the ministry said, also calling on the EU to listen to reason, not Washington’s instructions.
    The ministry explained that the earlier restrictions were introduced by the European Council on February 20 when Ukraine’s Viktor Yanukovych was the country’s president and there were fierce clashes between armed Maidan radicals and police.
    “At that time the European Union thought it was wrong to supply the Yanukovych regime with special equipment and weapons. Now, despite the continuing military operation by the current Kiev authorities in the country’s southeast, the EU thought it is necessary to resume issuing licenses for the exports of military equipment in full,” the ministry said.
    In mid-April, Kiev launched a military crackdown on independence supporters in eastern Ukraine. According to the latest UN report, the conflict has claimed the lives of 1,129 civilians since then, with another 3,442 injured.
    Moscow has repeatedly condemned Kiev’s “war against own people” and urged an immediate stop to the punitive operation, advocating for a peaceful resolution to the crisis.

If true, and they have evidence, they need to go to the UN immediately and condemn the EU and US regarding this. They have helped limit the Malaysian aircrafts investigation due to Ukraine military shelling, and EU is helping provide weapons to the culprits.
    dionis

Post  dionis Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:20 pm

TR1 wrote:
    Mike E wrote:I don't want to sound like TR1 (no offense), but I do sincerely believe that Russia should have done more to keep Ukraine stabile. That being said, keeping a country stabile while the West' controls it is no easy task!

Yeah, you wouldn't want to sound like you are capable of critical thinking Very Happy !

This thread is hilarious. No, it really is.

How dare ANYONE suggest Russia did ANYTHING wrong in Ukraine! That basically has been the gist of the last two pages.

At this point I find it humiliating personally to even be associated with such a laughable discussion thread, and by extension, forum.

Farewell.

The 3 T-64s are about the closest thing I've seen to any real evidence of some support - so that was a good find/repost/whatever.

How's about the supposed Buk which might have shot down MH17?
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:57 pm

TheGeorgian wrote:
    I would compare this a bit with US civil war. Union had the manpower and weapons, while tactical superiority was on confed side. This is how I see it here. Rebels def are superior in terms of strategy, tactics .... and that's what they have to be in order to survive.

yep..
    Until know according to Donetst militia governor they have lost like 1200 fighters and the Uki national guard like 8,000. But until now majority what the Rebels have fought is mostly conscript and young recruits with next to no experience in combat and Euromaidans nuts and right sector who some have taken weapons.. The regular Ukraine army.. by some reports i have seen have been largely left out of the conflict for the case that Russia invade.

But kiev army still have big resources left ,they apparently have about 3,000 thousands T-64 tanks and the industries in Kharkiv are upgrading them. With US and NATO helping them with professional soldiers and weapons..
    they alone will last for long without Russia help. The only advantage of the Rebels is they have very well experienced soldiers from the afgan soviet war.. and chechenia war.. while Kiev fighters are very young and usually with no experience in combat. With some exceptions of course. Their best forces are apparently in the airports in control of it. But the way i see it.. the Rebels only need to hold positions and keep the war going to get Ukraine bankrupt with the war to win. There is a big chance defections will increase to dangerous levels from the kiev side if the war continues until the end of year.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:43 pm

dionis wrote:
    TR1 wrote:
    Mike E wrote:I don't want to sound like TR1 (no offense), but I do sincerely believe that Russia should have done more to keep Ukraine stabile. That being said, keeping a country stabile while the West' controls it is no easy task!

Yeah, you wouldn't want to sound like you are capable of critical thinking Very Happy !

This thread is hilarious. No, it really is.

How dare ANYONE suggest Russia did ANYTHING wrong in Ukraine! That basically has been the gist of the last two pages.

At this point I find it humiliating personally to even be associated with such a laughable discussion thread, and by extension, forum.

Farewell.

The 3 T-64s are about the closest thing I've seen to any real evidence of some support - so that was a good find/repost/whatever.

How's about the supposed Buk which might have shot down MH17?

The BUK was already proven to be ukrainian in a city occupied by ukrainian army for months.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:56 pm

Werewolf wrote:

The BUK was already proven to be ukrainian in a city occupied by ukrainian army for months.
    No. Update Your info. But it was not in same spot as Ukrainian idiots in SBU claimed.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:01 pm

Regular wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

No. Update Your info. But it was not in same spot as Ukrainian idiots in SBU claimed.

No it was not a BUK from Russia it was an ukrainian BUK in ukrainian occupied city and it is also proven that MH17 was shot down by military aircraft, obvious bullet holes in the fuselage and that is obviously which side did that.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:17 pm

This is the weapon that will come very handy for the Novorrosya militia.
    Fully portable 1.5km range ,one time use to barbeque the Kiev neonazis..
    take a look..  Smile 

Combine that with lazer artillery and Kornets-D and you will have a winner.

Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:50 pm

Vann7 wrote:

This is the weapon that will come very handy for the Novorrosya militia.
    Fully portable 1.5km range ,one time use to barbeque the Kiev neonazis..
    take a look..  Smile 

Combine that with lazer artillery and Kornets-D and you will have a winner.

I like your wording. "Barbeque the Kiev neonazis"....

Gotta love how the E.U. and U.S. is going to be supplying equipment to Kiev (probably has been) yet they condemn Russia for doing the same! Such hypocrisy it is intolerable and should be punished. Now with the U.S. training Kiev forces.... This situation is getting worse and worse, no thanks to the West'! Now NATO is denying the use of ballistic missiles in Ukraine when there is proof of it happening. This is no longer Kiev vs rebels, it is now E.U/U.S. vs Russia.

The worst part is, majority of the people I know (all U.S. citizens) believe that Russia is at fault here!
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

The Situation in the Ukraine. #7 - Page 11 Empty Situation in Novorossiya

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:03 am

Situation in Novorossiya

Source: http://kot-ivanov.livejournal.com/

The Situation in the Ukraine. #7 - Page 11 7OILrK7

Last edited by Morpheus Eberhardt on Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:08 am

Omg... they are the same guy.. then and now..  Laughing 

The Situation in the Ukraine. #7 - Page 11 T_tq5Kj1_Yc

He doesn't smile anymore.. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:12 am

Omg... they are the same guy.. then and now..  Laughing 

The Situation in the Ukraine. #7 - Page 11 T_tq5Kj1_Yc

He doesn't smile anymore.. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:37 am

They do look pretty similar... However, the man on the right looks older and has a larger nose (so it seems). That being said, they do have an almost identical "smile".
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:12 am

I would say they are the same person.

Isn't it funny how they make videos and photos smiling while nazi saluting or being tough and then the very same guys are captured. They should cut off their hands for nazi saluting.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:15 am

If you zoom the picture in, you can tell their noses are completely different.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:00 am

http://ria.ru/infografika/20140731/1018256300.html

Some ration between Ukrainian army and Novorussian army. Interesting is, that Novorussian army have now around 20.000 soldiers, what make ration between Novorussian and Ukrainian army to 1:2. I doubt Ukraine will be able to mobilize additional 60.000 soldiers, because Ukraine will not be able to pay for such big army, also people are not willing to join. Novorussian army will have to get more volunteers to increase their numbers to 40.000 and Russia will have to give more weapons and supplies to them. With 40.000 soldiers, even if Ukraine manage to increase their number to 100.000, will not be able to do much more as they could do now. I hope those 4 Ukrainian brigades with 1500 soldiers encircled at Russian border will soon surender and give all weapons to Novorussian army and I hope Novorussian army will keep them in captivity and not return them back to Ukrainian side. They will not last very long as they are now without food and water. Surrender of 4 brigades, what is practically a quarter of Ukrainian army, will bring a great release to Novorussian forces.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:11 am

medo wrote:http://ria.ru/infografika/20140731/1018256300.html

Some ration between Ukrainian army and Novorussian army. Interesting is, that Novorussian army have now around 20.000 soldiers, what make ration between Novorussian and Ukrainian army to 1:2. I doubt Ukraine will be able to mobilize additional 60.000 soldiers, because Ukraine will not be able to pay for such big army, also people are not willing to join. Novorussian army will have to get more volunteers to increase their numbers to 40.000 and Russia will have to give more weapons and supplies to them. With 40.000 soldiers, even if Ukraine manage to increase their number to 100.000, will not be able to do much more as they could do now. I hope those 4 Ukrainian brigades with 1500 soldiers encircled at Russian border will soon surender and give all weapons to Novorussian army and I hope Novorussian army will keep them in captivity and not return them back to Ukrainian side. They will not last very long as they are now without food and water. Surrender of 4 brigades, what is practically a quarter of Ukrainian army, will bring a great release to Novorussian forces.

Ukraine have lots , lots of hardware . they even have industries that makes tanks and armored vehicles in Kharkiv ,so they can keep building hardware with The Kenyan Obama millions. They also can make munition.. So i think the Novorus forces needs to be more smart at the time of engaging the Ukie army and not totally destroy their tanks so that they can be captured and repaired later.

Now who wants to hear good news?   Smile 
    as August 1. The information released says the Ukie army have been pushed to retreat in near all fronts in Donetsk and Lugansk and even lost 3 new checkpoints ,some signs showing their army offensive is starting to collapse . They are being encircle not only in the south but in the north too..

Original: Colonel Cassad LiveJournal
    Translated from Russian by Gleb Bazov

"The Junta offensive has petered out in most areas. The ambitious plans of encirclement of Donetsk and Gorlovka has failed. The Ukrainian Minister of Defence, Valeriy Geletei, has announced that the Junta’s capacity for offensive operations has been exhausted, following which the Junta started to make inquiries in Belarus, with the intention of having Lukashenko act as an intermediary in negotiations. The Junta is in desperate need of a break to continue regrouping and concentrating its forces. In general, while the situation is difficulty, it is clearly leaning in favour of the Militia, which has been able to repel a massive offensive by a regular army on most fronts. "

3 checkpoints lost..

The Situation in the Ukraine. #7 - Page 11 Map4

It seems that have retreated in the north.. but at the same time the ukie army is trying to rescue their trapped soldiers in the southern cauldron with MLRS artillery conboys that are moving to firing position to the south..
    Hopefully the Rebels capture it.  Very Happy 

The Situation in the Ukraine. #7 - Page 11 Map5

However the kiev junta managed to fortified in one city and can continue its offensive.
    by:Colonel Cassad LiveJournal

Particularly sensitive was the Junta’s defeat in the areas of Shakhtersk and Saur-Mogila, where even the deployment at the front lines of over 250 armoured vehicles did not achieve in any way appreciable results. Nevertheless, the occupation of the larger part of Debaltsevo has complicated the lines of communication between DPR [Donetsk People’s Republic] and LPR {Lugansk People’s Republic] is allowing the danger of encirclement of Donetsk and Gorlovka from the north to persist. While, in view of the defeat near Shakhtersk, there can no longer be talk of a complete encirclement of Donetsk, the Junta, having fortified itself in Debaltsevo, might try to attempt the less ambitious task of encirclement of Gorlovka. The Junta retains sufficient strength to do so, and, in essence, the area of the front between Gorlovka and Alchevsk remains the only one where the Junta is still able to undertake an offensive aimed at achieving serious operational goals. That is why we should not rush in saying that the Junta offensive has completely failed. In the very near term, the battles for Debaltsevo will demonstrate whether the Junta is able to advance any further, or we will gradually see the Junta forces enter a period of serious difficulties.

Its pretty amazing how the Novorosiya forces are holding and pushing back the Ukie army.. however it have been
    said ,forgot the source that kiev until now have used mostly conscript and volunteers and their real army should be no less than 60,000 have remained largely unused. However one thing is their training the other is their willingness to fight. Reason why kiev mostly recruit from western ukraine.

You can see the summary here.. pretty cool stuff..

http://vineyardsaker.blogspot.se/2014/08/aug-1-sitrep-from-colonel-cassad-two.html

probably this is the reason Ukie army now using Toschka missiles.. Its a bit concerning because they have lots of such missiles at least 90 before the war and they could cause a major catastrophe is hit chemical plants in Donetsk. There is also reports of Ukie army moving more Anti Air defenses to the war zone.. This is suspicious because the Rebels do not have airforce.. It seems to me.. the Ukie Army is expecting RUssia to invade after a major incident  ,a major provocation against Russia so they invade.. Like an attack on a civilian city with the ballistic missiles and to killing hundreds innocent civilians ,because of their movement of more air defenses to the war zone.

Last edited by Vann7 on Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:57 am; edited 2 times in total
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:42 am

Looking at the red patch on the side of his nose it might be broken...

Personally I don't like such propaganda... from either side.

Using photos of prisoners of war is not OK with me... that guy is likely in shock and scared out of his wits likely having heard all sorts of nasty things that might get done to him if he is captured.

Comparing that with a photo taken earlier... well even certain members of the British Royal family dress up in Nazi uniforms and give nazi salutes... I believe it is called "having a bit of fun"... we would call it "acting the goat" here in NZ.

Either way showing photos of prisoners is to me like showing photos of the dead. It is somehow disrespectful.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:49 am

As I know, Ukraine didn't build any new tank after the fall of USSR. they only rebuild some of T-80 and T-72 for export and modernize some T-64BM Bulat for Ukrainian army. Ukrainian army only use their ex-soviet stocks of armor, but we don't know, how much of those stocks could be used only for spare parts and how much of them are left and not sold to export. They have a lot, but even this a lot is limited in numbers and the newest equipment is 25 years old. What reserves they could bring from stocks? Old BMP-1, BTR-60, BMD-1 and older version of T-64 tanks. Ukrainian army simply lost a lot of their best equipment and best trained troops.
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:09 pm

GarryB wrote:

Looking at the red patch on the side of his nose it might be broken...

Personally I don't like such propaganda... from either side.

Using photos of prisoners of war is not OK with me... that guy is likely in shock and scared out of his wits likely having heard all sorts of nasty things that might get done to him if he is captured.

Comparing that with a photo taken earlier... well even certain members of the British Royal family dress up in Nazi uniforms and give nazi salutes... I believe it is called "having a bit of fun"... we would call it "acting the goat" here in NZ.

Either way showing photos of prisoners is to me like showing photos of the dead. It is somehow disrespectful.

i fully agree with your post. its along the lines i stated in an earlier post about those pictues.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:45 pm

This comment from vineyard is worth re-posting here..  

For me is more than Clear , that the big silence in western media in reporting the Ukraine civil and armed
    war only shows the level of control US state department have of their media.. It is my strong believe that
    the Gaza conflict even though could be have stopped in a couple of days with a cease of fire ,is only being used
    by the western Elite to keep people in US and Europe away of the genocide that happens in Ukraine sacrificing
    the image of Israel ,only so Ukraine war stay in the shadows and that nobody pressure the US congress and Senate and Europe to stop supporting the kiev junta.   It was public opinion what stopped the US navy interference in Syria.. and they are trying now to keep people busy with Israel and Gaza.. and not with Ukraine civil war.
    Gaza have absolutely no value for Israel.. or NATO ,and trying to defeat insurrection killing civilians women and children on purpose will never works.. It only fuel the hostility .SO for me is very clear Israel aim is to keep the war going ,to help Poroshenko in their criminal war by keeping
    world attention away of that conflict.

From RT.. today..

An encircled unit of the Ukrainian troops is negotiating with the militia about surrendering, the militia told RIA Novosti.

The Ukrainian troops have been cut off from supply lines in the Sverdlovsk area of the Lugansk Region not far from the Russian border, where they were sent to take control of the border but were trapped instead.

The militia said that the Ukrainian unit offered to destroy some 70 military vehicles in their possession and leave behind all small arms and ammunition, if they were guaranteed safe passage to Kiev-controlled territory.

The offer was not taken up by the militia, who said they wanted to capture the armored vehicles intact, they told the news agency.
    TheGeorgian
    TheGeorgian

Post  TheGeorgian Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:20 pm

sounds veeeery made up. I don't believe any military unit with 70 combat vehicles would not at least try to break through encirclement ( in which they would definitly succeed ). Sounds way to fairy talish, even for UA standart.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:30 pm

TheGeorgian wrote:sounds veeeery made up. I don't believe any military unit with 70 combat vehicles would not at least try to break through encirclement ( in which they would definitly succeed ). Sounds way to fairy talish, even for UA standart.

they don't have fuel.. lol
    And lack of munition and food. The novorus militia have artillery covering the only possible exits .. they cannot cross
    without being wiped ,they trapped for more than a week already. If they try to escape on foot will be suicide with artillery firing at you. make no sense.. specially when they are being offered to be released if surrender.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:19 pm

Ukrainian Special Forces in Luhansk Region Begin Surrender Negotiations – Militia

DONETSK, August 3 (RIA Novosti) – A besieged garrison of Ukrainian soldiers and special forces in the south of the Luhansk region started negotiating conditions of their surrender with local independence supporters, a representative of the militia told RIA Novosti Sunday.

“They have run out of combat rations, water and fuel and they have small arms to last only a couple of days. They have started negotiating. They offer to destroy all their hardware, lay down arms and then we let them out of blockade back to the Ukrainian territory,” the source said adding that the militia did not accept these conditions.

The militia wants the government soldiers to leave their hardware as it is.

According to the source, the negotiations will last up to five days.

Armed clashes in Ukraine’s southeastern regions have not been abating since mid-April, when Kiev announced the beginning of a special military operation to suppress a growing independence movement among local citizens.

The civilian death toll from the running battles between government soldiers and self-defense forces has already surpassed 1,000, according to the recent UN estimates.

Moscow has repeatedly condemned Kiev’s military campaign against the population in the east of the country, advocating a peaceful resolution to the crisis.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Ukrainian Troops Moving Tochka-U Missile Launchers to Donetsk - Militia

DONETSK, August 2 (RIA Novosti) – Independence supporters of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic said on Saturday that the Ukrainian government troops are moving Tochka-U short-range ballistic missile systems to Donetsk.

“The Ukrainian Army is moving to Donetsk Tochka-U [NATO reporting name SS-21 Scarab] missile complexes. The enemy’s columns of BM-30 Smerch and BM-27 Uragan have been spotted,” the Donetsk militia said in its Twitter microblog.

The commander of the Donetsk People’s Republic militia Igor Strelkov said earlier this week that Tochka-U complexes have been delivered to Kramatorsk and Kiev is expected to attack disposal facilities in Donetsk and Luhansk that contain at least 150 tons of chlorine.

This could result in an environmental disaster, he said.

On Saturday, at least three people were killed in artillery shelling in the Petrovsky district of Donetsk. The shells hit a school and a local power station, a RIA Novosti correspondent said.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Wednesday that Moscow is concerned by reports that Ukraine’s government troops have used ballistic missiles against independence supporters in the country’s east.

CNN reported citing US officials earlier this week that Ukraine’s government troops used short-range ballistic missiles in the east. The weapons have a range of about 50 miles and pack warheads of up to 1,000 pounds.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:52 am