Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+36
Admin
TheGeorgian
Strizh
buffet
collegeboy16
mutantsushi
Zivo
gaurav
Intrigado
GarryB
zino
fragmachine
George1000cy
Firebird
zg18
mack8
Viktor
TR1
medo
sepheronx
Airbornewolf
AlfaT8
Hannibal Barca
Werewolf
Cyberspec
etaepsilonk
macedonian
TheArmenian
arpakola
Asf
Austin
Morpheus Eberhardt
magnumcromagnon
Vann7
flamming_python
Regular
40 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #5

Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

The Situation in the Ukraine. #5 - Page 14 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #5

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:23 pm

macedonian wrote:Su-24 brought down near Gorolovka.
    The pilot managed to catapult but was caught by seps and is being interrogated.

RT wrote:Ополченцы Горловки заявили, что сбили украинский СУ-24 и допрашивают пилота Представители ополчения из города Горловка заявили, что сбили украинский Су-24 и захватил в плен пилота.

Очевидец сообщил RT, что лётчика везут в УВД Горловки. Местные СМИ сообщают, что самолёт был сбит с помощью ПЗРК

RT Russian

At this rate Ukraine's Air Force will be virtually non-existent in the next two weeks or so.

So the right-seater didn't survive?
    macedonian
    macedonian

The Situation in the Ukraine. #5 - Page 14 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #5

Post  macedonian Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:29 pm

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:So the right-seater didn't survive?
    I was wondering about that myself...might be just propaganda...

Voice of Russia is reporting it too now: Link
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:31 pm

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    macedonian wrote:Su-24 brought down near Gorolovka.
    The pilot managed to catapult but was caught by seps and is being interrogated.

RT wrote:Ополченцы Горловки заявили, что сбили украинский СУ-24 и допрашивают пилота Представители ополчения из города Горловка заявили, что сбили украинский Су-24 и захватил в плен пилота.

Очевидец сообщил RT, что лётчика везут в УВД Горловки. Местные СМИ сообщают, что самолёт был сбит с помощью ПЗРК

RT Russian

At this rate Ukraine's Air Force will be virtually non-existent in the next two weeks or so.

So the right-seater didn't survive?

Who knows. We have to wait for any picture to see if it is really Su-24 or it is Su-25, which have only 1 pilot. If it is really Su-24, than it could be, that they didn't find the second member, or he die in a plane, or he managed to come to Ukrainian positions.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:39 pm

There's also this:

iTV wrote:Ukraine: 'Powerful bomb' found near presidential HQ
    Ukrainian presidential bodyguards have disposed of a powerful explosive device discovered near President Petro Poroshenko's headquarters, a security source said.

Don't know what to make of it. If it wasn't iTV reporting it, I'd say it's pure propaganda. But I hold iTV in much higher regard than BBC or The Guardian, so I give them the benefit of a doubt.

iTV Link
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:44 pm

Kids in Slavyansk

The Situation in the Ukraine. #5 - Page 14 Bm-hby10
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:49 pm

And this is what the Americans claim is proof that the tanks mentioned before came from Russia:

The Situation in the Ukraine. #5 - Page 14 Bqfpoj10

Pathetic if you ask me...their propaganda is in overdrive.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:51 pm

Firebird wrote:
    arpakola wrote:And the Ukrainian lunacy knob gets cranked past 11. Acting defense minister tells journalists people in self proclaimed republics will be put in filtration camps and if clear of wrong doing will be forced to settle in central and western parts of the country...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGZLUxtUnlQ.

That minister needs to be put down for its warcrimes... They are responsible for the indiscriminately killing of civilians .
    If Russia take the decision to invade , he should be one of the first targets of its iskander missiles ,but also the Army Chief of Staff. and arrest all the parliament for warcrimes including poroshenko. No one have the right in the world to indiscriminately bomb civilians women and
    children under ANY pretext. They are only getting away with their war crimes for the US and NATO blessing they have..

about the bomb.. Poroshenko needs to be killed with all the general nazi staff to save Ukraine.
    Those bastards will fight to the last soldier in the eastern ukraine regardless of how many civilians killed. Why is important for Russia to help in any way they can to force the conflict be solved through politics and not by force.

Last edited by Vann7 on Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mutantsushi

Post  mutantsushi Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:54 pm

Also, there was supposedly attempted bombing of the Presidential Administration in Kiev, with the attacker escaping.
    Leaving a note "if you don't stop the war, the war comes to you" or somesuch.
    Who knows if it was real, who did it, etc, but it makes me suspect the Kiev junta will impose martial law on the whole country,
    not just the Donbass, or even the SE as a whole, but the whole country, to deal with dissent from all quarters.

http://russian.rt.com/article/36460
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:58 pm

Aaand some more propaganda by NATO:

NATO wrote:NATO Secretary General concerned about reports of escalation of the crisis in Eastern Ukraine

I am concerned about reports that pro-Russian armed gangs are acquiring heavy weapons from Russia, including Russian tanks. We have seen reports that Russian tanks and other armoured vehicles may have crossed the border into eastern Ukraine. If these reports are confirmed, this would mark a serious escalation of the crisis in eastern Ukraine.

NATO.int
    mutantsushi

Post  mutantsushi Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:01 pm

macedonian wrote:There's also this:
    iTV wrote:Ukraine: 'Powerful bomb' found near presidential HQ
    Ukrainian presidential bodyguards have disposed of a powerful explosive device discovered near President Petro Poroshenko's headquarters, a security source said.
    Don't know what to make of it. If it wasn't iTV reporting it, I'd say it's pure propaganda. But I hold iTV in much higher regard than BBC or The Guardian, so I give them the benefit of a doubt.
    Ah, I missed your post when I re-posted about that incident...
    Not to argue your general assessment of those media, but I believe iTV was behind some majorly misrepresentative propaganda on detention camps in Bosnia War, framing shots to appear to show what wasn't there in reality (whether or not such things existed elsewhere), at least that was the clear understaning I got from a documentary based on other film crews who were present beside the iTV crew. I don't really think the Western MSM, or any media for that matter, can/should be trusted 100%, one really has to seek out opposing view points and alternate sources. Of course, very few are incined to do so, so content themselves with the manfactured opinions promulgated by infotainment media.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:17 pm

mutantsushi wrote:Ah, I missed your post when I re-posted about that incident...
    Not to argue your general assessment of those media, but I believe iTV was behind some majorly misrepresentative propaganda on detention camps in Bosnia War, framing shots to appear to show what wasn't there in reality (whether or not such things existed elsewhere), at least that was the clear understaning I got from a documentary based on other film crews who were present beside the iTV crew.  I don't really think the Western MSM, or any media for that matter, can/should be trusted 100%, one really has to seek out opposing view points and alternate sources.  Of course, very few are incined to do so, so content themselves with the manfactured opinions promulgated by infotainment media.

No disagreement there, in fact I fully concur with your analysis on iTV. Just wanted to state the difference between them and pure propaganda outlets like the BBC.

And, in other news, our friend, the genius Ihor Kolomoisky, has a terrific idea on how Ukraine should close the border with Russia.
    BUILD AN ELECTRIC fence like the one between Israel and the Palestinian territories:

The Situation in the Ukraine. #5 - Page 14 Bqfot510

The man's talents just keeps surprising me.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:32 pm

A very good ViceNews report from Kramatorsk:

etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:04 pm

macedonian wrote:

And, in other news, our friend, the genius Ihor Kolomoisky, has a terrific idea on how Ukraine should close the border with Russia.
    BUILD AN ELECTRIC fence like the one between Israel and the Palestinian territories:

Haha, the dude probably doesn't know the thing called "bangalore mine"  Smile

--------------
    macedonian wrote:And this is what the Americans claim is proof that the tanks mentioned before came from Russia:

Overdrive? Oh no, buddy, this is just the beginning  What a Face 

"June 13, 2014, 23:37
    U.S. authorities have no evidence of violations of Russia's border by Ukrainian military, said State Department spokesman Marie Harf, ITAR-TASS reported.
    "I have no evidence to this effect," - she said."

Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:26 pm

macedonian wrote:And this is what the Americans claim is proof that the tanks mentioned before came from Russia:

Like Putin said to french Media about the credibility of U.S accusations in France with the day before D-day celebrations: "everyone remembers the U.S waving this little vial of washingpowder at the U.N claiming it was proof and showing sattelite photo's of supposed chemical weapon plants. and it proved an completely false accusation and an excuse for an illegal invasion".

whoever believes what comes over the lips of the Western media and in extention the U.S goverment is either extremely naive or just plain stupid to check all the information available trough other media sources.

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:34 pm

macedonian wrote:
    mutantsushi wrote:Ah, I missed your post when I re-posted about that incident...
    Not to argue your general assessment of those media, but I believe iTV was behind some majorly misrepresentative propaganda on detention camps in Bosnia War, framing shots to appear to show what wasn't there in reality (whether or not such things existed elsewhere), at least that was the clear understaning I got from a documentary based on other film crews who were present beside the iTV crew.  I don't really think the Western MSM, or any media for that matter, can/should be trusted 100%, one really has to seek out opposing view points and alternate sources.  Of course, very few are incined to do so, so content themselves with the manfactured opinions promulgated by infotainment media.

No disagreement there, in fact I fully concur with your analysis on iTV. Just wanted to state the difference between them and pure propaganda outlets like the BBC.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #5 - Page 14 Bqfot510

i am truly in awe... of the stupidity of thinking this is feasible and sustainable Razz.

besides the logistical nightmare of building and maintaining it....how they figure of powering it with Russia about closing down the gas pipe?.

im laughing already how someone this is going to explain to the local ukrainian people.

"yeah well, in order to execute our master plan of seperating Russia from Ukraine by our "Iron Curtain, Bandera edition project". you all will go back to the dark ages without power and gas because we, the illegal coup-appointed goverment want this project executed. but lose not faith my fellow Ukrainians...the Americans will gaurantee our Freedom and Democracy just like they did with Post-Iraq! and look how well that turned out!".
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:37 pm

Regarding that Aircraft in Gorlovka, it seems it was indeed a Su-25 and not Su-24 as previously reported.
    This is a statement about it from Strelkov:

At this moment we have unconfirmed data about one Su-25 was shot down in Gorlovka. But it is not confirmed.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:49 pm

From Putin with love - use google translator

Putin announced an ultimatum to Ukraine: will now be in a bad way

1. European
    Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU pose a threat not only Ukraine's economy, as the Russian economy. After signing the document would inevitably began uncontrolled blockage of the Russian market duty-free goods from Europe and third countries that would be a painful blow to the Russian producers.
    Moreover, Ukraine would have to break with Russia tens and hundreds of agreements contrary to the terms evroassotsiatsii. As a result, the suggested association threatens namely Russia - in fact, it would destroy the bilateral mutually beneficial trade and industry in Russia and Ukraine, and would have led to the ousting of Russian goods products from other countries.
    We wanted to address these issues in an amicable way, humanly. We tried to negotiate. But all our proposed compromise and constructive suggestions were rejected by the EU.
    Sorry. Now it will be in a bad way.

2. Ukraine
    Despite all the difficulties in the relationship, despite the anti-Russian rhetoric and frankly fascist new Kiev authorities, we performed all of the obligations and all links, thus providing the industry of Ukraine on orders $ 15 billion in cash. All advances are paid on time and in full.
    not want a good - do not get anything. Russia is ready to completely abandon the Ukrainian and Ukrainian-made products.

3. Slightly Europe and Ukraine
    Strip Ukraine has no and will be no more. Henceforth, we will release the fuel exactly as much as Kiev will pay for the month ahead.
    For transit to Europe for the season autumn-winter 2014-2015,. underground gas storage (UGS) need to upload Ukraine gas at $ 4-5 billion
    If Ukraine can not find these billion by autumn Europe will remain without gas.

4. Ukraine and Europe slightly
    total debt of Ukraine, Russia return which may require immediate, is $ 16.6 billion and we require them.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:32 pm

They've attacked the Russian embassy in Kyev:

The Situation in the Ukraine. #5 - Page 14 Bqgb1v10
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #5 - Page 14 Bqgaq410
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #5 - Page 14 Bqf7j610

There should be consequences for this!
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:54 pm

macedonian wrote:They've attacked the Russian embassy in Kyev:

The Situation in the Ukraine. #5 - Page 14 Bqgb1v10
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #5 - Page 14 Bqgaq410
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #5 - Page 14 Bqf7j610

There should be consequences for this!

this is your average display of: "we are powerless to do anything else, so we attack an unarmed political post because its all we can do". its more a display of weakness than anything else. its still revolting of course to see this but by now i think we all have this subconsious feeling that its exactly what to expect wherever the U.S play's its bloody and dirty geopolitical games. the U.S and EU politicians can act like they have (selective) memory loss but the history books speak for themselves and its online for everyone to read up and confirm the facts.

internationally, this is a grave violation of the security of a sovereign foreign embassy in a host country and Kiev's authority's are absent in ensuring its security as they are obliged to do so by international law.

U.S backed-Jihadists running rampant in Iraq and Syria with american-made hardware and shaking hands with Neo Nazi's in power in Ukraine....not a bad job for the first black president in office at the white house. perhaps a domestic alliance with the KKK for homeland security is on the table next...
    arpakola
    arpakola

The Situation in the Ukraine. #5 - Page 14 Empty US to attack Russia in 2015. Evgeny Fedorov

Post  arpakola Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:39 pm

US to attack Russia in 2015. Evgeny Fedorov

medo
    medo

Post  medo Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:49 pm

Any more informations or photos of downed Su-25 or captured pilot up to now? Any confirmation would be welcomed.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:12 pm

89% of Germans oppose isolating Russia over Ukraine:

Large majority rejects isolation of Russia

Cologne (ots) - In the wake of the conflict between Ukraine and Russia, 89 percent of Germans believe that the western states are to remain in an interview with Russia. Only 9 percent are of the opinion that one should isolate as far as possible Russia. This has a survey result of the ARD Germany trends from Monday to Tuesday this week.
    The mood of the Germans towards Russia has improved somewhat, but remains at a low level. 21 percent consider Russia a trusted partner (+7 compared to early May). 74 percent, however, believe that one can not trust Russia.
    In NATO is currently discussing how the Eastern European member countries can be protected from potential threats from Russia. An increased presence of NATO troops in eastern European countries is rejected by 75 percent of respondents. 21 percent they would instead advocate.

Survey data
    - Population: voters population in Germany aged 18 years - number of cases: 1,004 respondents, NATO question 500 respondents - Survey period: 06/02/2014 to 03/06/2014 - Survey method: computer-assisted telephone interviews (CATI) - sample: A representative random sample / Dual Frame - fault tolerance: * 1.4 to 3.1 ** percentage points * at a level of 5%; ** At a share of 50%
    Holding period for all results:
    - For electronic media today, 22:45 clock - for print media: Friday issues, use only with reference "ARD Germany Trend"

http://www.presseportal.de/pm/6694/2754908/grosse-mehrheit-lehnt-isolierung-russlands-ab
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:24 pm

http://rt.com/news/165952-ukraine-russia-embassy-protest/

6th picture down. Is that even a damned hohol in the 1st place.

I know those from the Ukraine can be dark (as are my own family, RUSSIANS from the Ukrainian territories). But that one in the orange top looks a hell of a lot like some ethnic/Latino American.
    And has a vacant expression that suggests he has no idea what sign he's holding up.

And yes its interesting there are more photographers than protestor pricks there. And ofcourse zero cops.
    What a cesspool that place has become.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:24 pm

Swedish Neo-Nazi Mercenary, "Mikael Skillt" was fighting on the side of Kiev fascist forces in Mariupol, confirmed by Swedish press:

The Situation in the Ukraine. #5 - Page 14 BqF4OYwIEAEHKcQ

The Situation in the Ukraine. #5 - Page 14 BqF4OgoIYAAMClr

Sundsvallsbo severely beaten by police in Ukraine

Sundsvallsbon Mikael Skillt, which is linked to the Nazi Swedes party, to have been badly beaten in Ukraine.

Mikael Skillt are in the country to provide support to the nationalist revolution. His mother, Ann Skillt, says that the assault took place on Saturday in connection with a trip east since Mikael Skillt and his company should have been stopped and abducted by pro-Russian police.

- According to the person I talked to, they were subjected to torturous beatings, she says.
    Mikael Skillt will, among other things, have sustained injuries in the knee, chest and back. After release he should have been taken care of in a hospital.

- I still have not gotten in touch with him. I do not get it within a few days I will fly down himself, says Ann Skillt.
    At the same time a film out there on Youtube in which Mikael Skillt talks about the incident. film was published on 13 April and according to it seems he can not be seriously injured.

http://www.st.nu/allmant/medelpad/sundsvallsbo-svart-misshandlad-av-polis-i-ukraina
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:14 pm

Attack on the Embassy ongoing...
    Russian Foreign Ministry issued this statement:
    Ru MFA wrote:MOSCOW, June 14, 22:19 /ITAR-TASS/. Russia has expressed indignation with provocative actions at the Russian Embassy in Kiev, the Russian Foreign Ministry says.
    “Russia demanded Ukraine take necessary measures for ensuring security of Russian diplomats in Kiev,” the ministry says.
    The ministry has placed a link to the live events at the Russian Embassy in Ukraine on the Facebook page.

“See and remember the so-called European values,” the ministry says.

I like that red part. Nice way to troll the Ukrainians/Americans and especially the 'Europeans' and their (often variable) 'values'.
     afro

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:14 am