Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Army Robots

    Zivo
    Zivo

    Posts : 1488
    Points : 1514
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Zivo on Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:26 am

    magnumcromagnon wrote:


    The face mask... Laughing

    I'm curious as to how much Fyodor can lift. Its articulation looks intricate.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 5915
    Points : 6066
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:53 am

    Zivo wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:


    The face mask... Laughing

    I'm curious as to how much Fyodor can lift. Its articulation looks intricate.

    More from where that came from:



    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 2349
    Points : 2341
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Regular on Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:46 am

    Talking about Russian walking robot. It would be perfect in Caucasus. Hauling RPO's or AGS/Kord. Not a perfect fighting platform, but it would be efficient mule or a horse as they are even today are used by mountain troops. I can't think of other applications for it as yet, maybe evac, but definitely don't see it carrying assaults.
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 5545
    Points : 5537
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Isos on Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:24 pm

    avatar
    Project Canada

    Posts : 663
    Points : 666
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Location : Canada

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Project Canada on Sat May 14, 2016 11:18 pm




    Werewolf
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5253
    Points : 5456
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Werewolf on Sat May 14, 2016 11:28 pm

    I have a problem it does not show anything up.
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3352
    Points : 3384
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  franco on Sat May 28, 2016 9:48 pm

    New robotanks under development thumbsup

    http://sputniknews.com/russia/20160327/1037037253/russia-robot-tank.html
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 4988
    Points : 5016
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sun May 29, 2016 12:01 am

    this one seems to understand human behaviour Razz Razz Razz

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 7_b55a9253
    x_54_u43
    x_54_u43

    Posts : 226
    Points : 244
    Join date : 2015-09-19

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  x_54_u43 on Sun May 29, 2016 12:49 am

    I don't know if exoskeletons belong here but I'll put them here anyway for now.

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 K5uqj10
    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 8f4wu10
    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 X7qoe10
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5253
    Points : 5456
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Werewolf on Sun May 29, 2016 1:36 am

    Video to that "exoskeleton"?
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2273
    Points : 2364
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  higurashihougi on Sun May 29, 2016 11:49 am

    Cruise missile with a flycam ?

    https://www.rt.com/news/344700-russia-develops-kamikaze-drone/
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Guest on Sun May 29, 2016 11:58 am

    higurashihougi wrote:Cruise missile with a flycam ?

    https://www.rt.com/news/344700-russia-develops-kamikaze-drone/

    Well since they are comparing it here with Switchblade, it has to be way smaller than cruise missile. Also it would lose its point if it was based on cruise missile.

    Its probably one of the already existing UAV platforms adapted with warhead. I personally expect it to be one of the ZALA variants as they already mentioned before offering them with warheads for such roles.

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Russian_Company_Zala_Aero_presents_new_ZALA-421-16E5_tactical_unmanned_aerial_vehicle_640_001
    Flanky
    Flanky

    Posts : 175
    Points : 180
    Join date : 2011-05-02

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Flanky on Tue May 31, 2016 7:19 pm

    Here is a closeup of the exoskeleton that x_54 mentioned.
    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Wx1080
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 5915
    Points : 6066
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Tue May 31, 2016 7:26 pm

    Flanky wrote:Here is a closeup of the exoskeleton that x_54 mentioned.
    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Wx1080

    The question is how feasible is this tech? I honestly believe it's too cumbersome to be anything other than a technology demonstrator...however there is a silver lining in this. With the development of photonic technology by KRET, they might be able to shrink the motors down to pocket-watch size (or even smaller), making it much less cumbersome, and much more reasonable/feasible application of the exoskeleton technology.
    Flanky
    Flanky

    Posts : 175
    Points : 180
    Join date : 2011-05-02

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Flanky on Tue May 31, 2016 7:48 pm

    I am missing something... What does the photonics have to do with motors? Motors used in the exoskeletons are either servos or stepper motors - where you need to pretty precisely control the movement with a feedback to the control electronics. But the motor controller is not a big thing - compared to the motor....
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 4988
    Points : 5016
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Tue May 31, 2016 9:26 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    The question is how feasible is this tech? I honestly believe it's too cumbersome to be anything other than a technology demonstrator...however there is a silver lining in this. With the development of photonic technology by KRET, they might be able to shrink the motors down to pocket-watch size (or even smaller), making it much less cumbersome, and much more reasonable/feasible application of the exoskeleton technology.


    do you mean metal buckles for harness to keep exo-skeleton on place? Shocked
    zg18
    zg18

    Posts : 891
    Points : 963
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  zg18 on Tue May 31, 2016 10:02 pm

    Werewolf wrote:Video to that "exoskeleton"?

    X2
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 5915
    Points : 6066
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Tue May 31, 2016 10:18 pm

    Flanky wrote:I am missing something... What does the photonics have to do with motors? Motors used in the exoskeletons are either servos or stepper motors - where you need to pretty precisely control the movement with a feedback to the control electronics. But the motor controller is not a big thing - compared to the motor....

    Various types of vehicles have systems that regulate energy usage with the goal of increasing energy efficiency, it's been proven technology in everywhere it's been applied (cars, planes, ect.), digital electronics has since improved on these proven concepts, the only difference will be with an motor as opposed to an engine, whether it's external battery powered or powered via human movement (with energy stored). I already posted links before about how KRET is exploring photonic optical fiber wiring of homes, with the goal of increasing home energy inefficiency to nearly 100%, similarly their will be exponential growth of energy efficiency in server banks (explained in the same articles).
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 4988
    Points : 5016
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Tue May 31, 2016 11:52 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Flanky wrote:I am missing something... What does the photonics have to do with motors? Motors used in the exoskeletons are either servos or stepper motors - where you need to pretty precisely control the movement with a feedback to the control electronics. But the motor controller is not a big thing - compared to the motor....

    Various types of vehicles have systems that regulate energy usage with the goal of increasing energy efficiency, it's been proven technology in everywhere it's been applied (cars, planes, ect.), digital electronics has since improved on these proven concepts, the only difference will be with an motor as opposed to an engine, whether it's external battery powered or powered via human movement (with energy stored). I already posted links before about how KRET is exploring photonic optical fiber wiring of homes, with the goal of increasing home energy inefficiency to nearly 100%, similarly their will be exponential growth of energy efficiency in server banks (explained in the same articles).

    true but where do you se this big pack of electronics here? the problem with serves depend how much torqe you can generate and eerge needed. Electronics is jest tiny part of weight here?
    x_54_u43
    x_54_u43

    Posts : 226
    Points : 244
    Join date : 2015-09-19

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  x_54_u43 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:14 pm

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Screen10
    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Screen11
    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Screen13
    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Screen14
    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Screen12
    Zivo
    Zivo

    Posts : 1488
    Points : 1514
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Zivo on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:39 am

    Flanky wrote:Here is a closeup of the exoskeleton that x_54 mentioned.
    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Wx1080

    I think it's a research tool to study the motion and overall process of aiming a weapon, including target selection. A system like this could be used to program an AI to operate an android like Fyodor though mimicry.
    x_54_u43
    x_54_u43

    Posts : 226
    Points : 244
    Join date : 2015-09-19

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  x_54_u43 on Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:31 pm

    Zivo wrote:
    Flanky wrote:Here is a closeup of the exoskeleton that x_54 mentioned.
    [img][/img]

    I think it's a research tool to study the motion and overall process of aiming a weapon, including target selection. A system like this could be used to program an AI to operate an android like Fyodor though mimicry.

    Correct, in the video, they were showing off how the computer controlled the motion of the arm that held the gun. The feed from the thermal scope was projected into the visor, but that's what it appeared to me to be what was happening. I think the scope was an IWT, judging by their UI language.
    Flanky
    Flanky

    Posts : 175
    Points : 180
    Join date : 2011-05-02

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Flanky on Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:35 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Flanky wrote:I am missing something... What does the photonics have to do with motors? Motors used in the exoskeletons are either servos or stepper motors - where you need to pretty precisely control the movement with a feedback to the control electronics. But the motor controller is not a big thing - compared to the motor....

    Various types of vehicles have systems that regulate energy usage with the goal of increasing energy efficiency, it's been proven technology in everywhere it's been applied (cars, planes, ect.), digital electronics has since improved on these proven concepts, the only difference will be with an motor as opposed to an engine, whether it's external battery powered or powered via human movement (with energy stored). I already posted links before about how KRET is exploring photonic optical fiber wiring of homes, with the goal of increasing home energy inefficiency to nearly 100%, similarly their will be exponential growth of energy efficiency in server banks (explained in the same articles).
    Thats nice and dandy but... as far as i know there are none breakthrough technologies in field of converting electric energy into mechanical one in the near future. You will still need to have motors that use electromagnetism and that causes dissipation of energy into surroundings. The control electronics for the exoskeleton do need to take inputs from many sensors at once and process them but at today technology stage thats not a problem. They dont usually operate those sensors and logic at high amperage or voltages. 5v and couple hundreds of mAmps is the standard so thermal losses are minimal. The most power hungry device on that exoskeleton is the servo and photonics arent going to change that fact.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9148
    Points : 9230
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:58 pm


    Uran-6 packing some serious heat. 30mm GSh-6-30 gatling gun and, by my count, at least 30 rockets/missiles. Damn!!!

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 X0XCJoQ
    Flanky
    Flanky

    Posts : 175
    Points : 180
    Join date : 2011-05-02

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Flanky on Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:47 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Uran-6 packing some serious heat. 30mm GSh-6-30 gatling gun and, by my count, at least 30 rockets/missiles. Damn!!!

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 X0XCJoQ

    Thats Uran-9. Uran-6 is the mine clearing unit.

    Sponsored content

    Russian Army Robots - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Army Robots

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:52 pm