Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+54
mnztr
Arkanghelsk
Broski
ALAMO
ATLASCUB
miketheterrible
PapaDragon
Backman
Isos
kvs
Rodion_Romanovic
PhSt
LMFS
Hole
berhoum
TheArmenian
KiloGolf
auslander
mutantsushi
ExBeobachter1987
Erk
BKP
franco
Russian Patriot
Flagship Victory
Cyberspec
Akula971
max steel
Werewolf
AlfaT8
Neutrality
sepheronx
NationalRus
KoTeMoRe
par far
Mr.Comrade
Karl Haushofer
whir
Khepesh
d_taddei2
etaepsilonk
Mike E
GustavoHF
T055
mack8
magnumcromagnon
Intrigado
GarryB
TR1
Regular
flamming_python
Zivo
Hannibal Barca
George1
58 posters

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Broski
    Broski


    Posts : 428
    Points : 430
    Join date : 2021-07-12

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  Broski Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:26 pm

    flamming_python wrote:Main thing is for Russia to not act moronic again and do a 'pre-emptive' invasion of Moldova in the hope of toppling Sandu or something.
    Moldova isn't threatening to invade Transnistria, they have no interest in doing so especially while having a front row seat to the decimation of the Ukrop army. Russia has no interest in regime-changing Moldova.
    Let the Romanians come in, and then have all sympathetic eyes and ears on Telegram providing co-ordinates for Russian precision weapons against all foreign forces and mercs, while trying to avoid hitting the Moldovan army. Problem solved. And there are many Russia-sympathizers in Moldova proper, nevermind Pridnestrovie.
    Romania isn't going to invade Transnistria either, you blithering idiot. As always, you're very quick to swallow neonazi propaganda and then regurgitate it on this forum. 

    The only ones stupid enough to try an invasion at this point is Country 404, and how many conscripts and nationalists do they have in Odessa right now? Not enough to fight a two-front war.

    GarryB, d_taddei2, MMBR and Hole like this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 7323
    Points : 7399
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  flamming_python Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:34 pm

    By no means do I want to alarm anyone. It's a worst-case scenario, and yes cooler heads may prevail, patriots of their countries first and foremost rather than of the globalists. But it has to be kept in mind.

    All I'm saying. Is that the Western elites have decided to go full-bore on taking down Russia, and may use everything at their disposal. And this is the Empire of Lies we're talking about, their main tools are brainwashing and propaganda.

    I remember I was frequenting another forum when this all started.
    The amount of propaganda and anti-Russian vitrol that was churned out by the members there on the European sections of the forum was insane. We had a Russian thread, and some Bulgarian members coming in saying that anyone holding an opposing viewpoint in their forum sections was simply banned by the mods. There were a couple of Polish members paying a visit that said that this is all a scheme to get Slavs to kill each other, and that our elites like their elites have no center of their own - they all send their kids to Britain to be educated and shop at the Champs-Elysees. The rest of the foreign visitors were propagandists or naive but well-meaning people.
    Eventually our Russian thread - which was actually, very far from unanimously in support of the operation - was closed down by the head mods of the site, as it 'upset too many other members'.

    MMBR likes this post

    Odin of Ossetia dislikes this post

    avatar
    ALAMO


    Posts : 2700
    Points : 2702
    Join date : 2014-11-25

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  ALAMO Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:43 pm

    You are swinging from one extreme to another.
    Romania - opposite to Ukro - is a country with an established history. Aside of WW2, they had no disputes with Russia. They didn't share their history or problems. And the closest connection would be that both fought Turks.
    They are both EU and NATO member.
    How in detail do you want to turn them into an ukrostyled shithole!?

    GarryB and flamming_python like this post

    George1
    George1


    Posts : 17776
    Points : 18281
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  George1 Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:58 pm

    ALAMO wrote:You are swinging from one extreme to another.
    Romania - opposite to Ukro - is a country with an established history. Aside of WW2, they had no disputes with Russia. They didn't share their history or problems. And the closest connection would be that both fought Turks.
    They are both EU and NATO member.
    How in detail do you want to turn them into an ukrostyled shithole!?

    also Russian Empire helped to establish Romania after Russo-Turkish War (1877–1878)

    ALAMO, Hole and Broski like this post

    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk


    Posts : 2442
    Points : 2444
    Join date : 2021-12-08

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  Arkanghelsk Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:01 pm

    🇷🇺❗After reaching the borders of the Donetsk region, it is necessary to start the next stage of the operation, taking into account what is happening in Pridnestrovie and the shelling of the regions of the Russian Federation bordering Ukraine with Ukraine - the head of the DPR Pushilin

    Yes while it will be important to reach transnistria, it is important as well to push the Kharkov VSU forces back, to cutoff supply and support of sabotage groups in belgorod

    The problem is 2 fold

    d_taddei2, kvs and VARGR198 like this post

    avatar
    ALAMO


    Posts : 2700
    Points : 2702
    Join date : 2014-11-25

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  ALAMO Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:11 pm

    So Mr. Pushilin is openly admitting, that republican corpses will be used to make a connection with Transdnistria.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 7323
    Points : 7399
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  flamming_python Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:40 pm

    ALAMO wrote:You are swinging from one extreme to another.
    Romania - opposite to Ukro - is a country with an established history. Aside of WW2, they had no disputes with Russia. They didn't share their history or problems. And the closest connection would be that both fought Turks.
    They are both EU and NATO member.
    How in detail do you want to turn them into an ukrostyled shithole!?

    Like Antonescu did. Like the Maidanists did. Like the Nazis did. Start with the young and appeal to the young.

    There are all sorts of extremists on forums who were talking about how the Red Army raped its way through Romania, or how they pillaged, stole, looted. Despite the fact that by the time the first Red Army soldier entered Romanian soil, the Romanians were already allies.
    These people simply ignore history.

    There is the Moldova issue that Romanian unionists believe is their territory

    But I agree at the worst, it will take some time. And Romanian society in general is not anti-Russian, mostly it's liberal minded people, gypsies and so on. Banderism is a hard sell even with all media tools at one's disposal, and they will already have the example of the Ukrainian State of Ivano-Frankovsk and Lvov (USIS) next door to serve as a warning.

    GarryB likes this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 7323
    Points : 7399
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  flamming_python Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:05 pm

    ALAMO wrote:So Mr. Pushilin is openly admitting, that republican corpses will be used to make a connection with Transdnistria.

    As they were already deployed as far as Kiev. And with Mosin-Nagant rifles in some cases, to rev up that ol' Great Patriotic War spirit you know. Even some of them were captured by the Ukrainians, who laughed when it turned out they captured some mobilized school teacher with a Mosin-Nagant  Laughing

    Now the DNR/LNR have announced they're opening embassies in Moscow

    It looks like annexation isn't the name of the game, as I suspected

    Rather, all of the Ukraine will become the DNR/LNR, with the capital at Donetsk

    sepheronx, GarryB, PapaDragon and Broski like this post

    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 2630
    Points : 2806
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  d_taddei2 Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:31 pm

    ALAMO wrote:The Transnistrian army is about 15k men.
    Adding Russian contingent is almost 20k, with some 500 armored vehicles.
    Wouldn't be too worried, hardly believe that the Ukro army is in condition to start a military operation against the 20k army.
    And Romania ... the whole land forces are about 35k.

    Sour es for your figures. Because when I was there a few years ago on Independence day armed forces commander made a speech and stated 6,000 string armed forces. Have they really almost tripled that in a few years? Reservists I am not sure how many but a guess would be 15-30k. And last I read Russia only had 1,000-1500 peacekeeping force that was some years back before I visited. So going by those figures 6-7k combined forces not including reserves.

    ALAMO likes this post

    kvs
    kvs


    Posts : 13404
    Points : 13549
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Kanada

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  kvs Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:57 pm

    Russia should amplify the missile strikes and expand their scope. Hit every bridge and every power station.

    Hole likes this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 7323
    Points : 7399
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  flamming_python Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:00 pm

    What troops are protecting the DMR?

    Currently there are 2,500-3,000 Russian troops in the Transdniestrian Moldovan Republic (TMR). These are the 82nd and 113th separate Guards motorised rifle battalions, and the 540th separate control battalion.

    The total strength of the DMR Armed Forces is 15,000 people. There are four motorized rifle brigades located in Tiraspol, Bender, Dubasari and Ribnitsa, of which one is a guards brigade (stationed in Tiraspol). Four special purpose battalions. Mobilization reserve of up to 80 thousand people.

    In addition, there is information that there is a detachment of helicopters, as well as two battalions in the number 13962 to protect one of the largest weapons and ammunition depots in Europe in Colbasna.

    - 100 tanks
    - Up to 200 armoured personnel carriers and BMPs
    - 35,000 vehicles
    - Combat vehicles with anti-tank guided missiles
    - BDMTS
    - 500 military engineering vehicles
    - 200 SAMS
    - Grad multiple rocket launchers
    - Artillery guns and mortars


    d_taddei2 wrote:
    ALAMO wrote:The Transnistrian army is about 15k men.
    Adding Russian contingent is almost 20k, with some 500 armored vehicles.
    Wouldn't be too worried, hardly believe that the Ukro army is in condition to start a military operation against the 20k army.
    And Romania ... the whole land forces are about 35k.

    Sour es for your figures. Because when I was there a few years ago on Independence day armed forces commander made a speech and stated 6,000 string armed forces.  Have they really almost tripled that in a few years? Reservists I am not sure how many but a guess would be 15-30k. And last I read Russia only had 1,000-1500 peacekeeping force that was some years back before I visited. So going by those figures 6-7k combined forces not including reserves.

    Presumably Russia guessed the Pridnestrovian scenario in advance of the operation and bolstered its force there

    At any rate, Tiraspol declared mobilization as soon as the conflict began. Or at least the highest readiness status.

    The Ukraine does not have the force superiority in Odessa to take it, even if they do have a numerical advantage. They had some 5 brigades around Odessa, but part have already been redeployed to the Nikolayev region
    What they can do is start shelling and making local advances.

    It would be a different matter if the Moldovan army manned with Romanian personnel advance at the same time.
    Then we can see a real battle, but a grinding one.

    d_taddei2 and ALAMO like this post

    franco
    franco


    Posts : 5408
    Points : 5438
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  franco Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:40 pm

    Where are you getting these figures? The personnel is about twice the amount that I have.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 7323
    Points : 7399
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:08 am

    franco wrote:Where are you getting these figures? The personnel is about twice the amount that I have.

    It was published on Telegram

    Could easily be BS

    From what I last read the number of Russian troops there was about 1500 too, and really more a peacekeeping contingent. The 14th Army is a thing of the past.
    As for the arms depots, a lot of it was emptied over the decades, withdrawn to the mainland

    But I don't know. Like I said Russia would have figured for the scenario of trouble in Pridnestrovie. There should be enough troops there and enough weapons.

    franco, d_taddei2 and ALAMO like this post

    avatar
    ALAMO


    Posts : 2700
    Points : 2702
    Join date : 2014-11-25

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  ALAMO Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:52 am

    Never checked the TD army status to be honest, but as for Russians - the 2500 number was repeated in various sources. I remember it from Voyenna Priyomka made there, because it was quite interesting.
    As TD is de facto isolated, all equipment transfers are blocked.
    That is why they have all the heavy gear just the same as it was back in 1991, because they can only upgrade the ones they had on hand.
    avatar
    mnztr


    Posts : 1703
    Points : 1745
    Join date : 2018-01-21

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  mnztr Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:13 pm

    I don't understand how Ukraine could launch an assault on Transnistria. Surely Russia will detect troop movements and obliterate any concentration of troops and tanks from the air and with a variety of missiles and artillary? If Russia hopefully they play this one smart, set up several kill boxes and wipe out any concentrations that move towards transnistria.

    d_taddei2 likes this post

    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic


    Posts : 1688
    Points : 1672
    Join date : 2015-12-30
    Location : Merkelland

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  Rodion_Romanovic Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:30 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    franco wrote:Where are you getting these figures? The personnel is about twice the amount that I have.

    It was published on Telegram

    Could easily be BS

    From what I last read the number of Russian troops there was about 1500 too, and really more a peacekeeping contingent. The 14th Army is a thing of the past.
    As for the arms depots, a lot of it was emptied over the decades, withdrawn to the mainland

    But I don't know. Like I said Russia would have figured for the scenario of trouble in Pridnestrovie. There should be enough troops there and enough weapons.
    The 14th army was a thing of the past.

    I would not find it strange if it will be reastablished after the end of this military operation.
    avatar
    ALAMO


    Posts : 2700
    Points : 2702
    Join date : 2014-11-25

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  ALAMO Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:09 pm

    mnztr wrote:I don't understand how Ukraine could launch an assault on Transnistria. Surely Russia will detect troop movements and obliterate any concentration of troops and tanks from the air and with a variety of missiles and artillary? If Russia hopefully they play this one smart, set up several kill boxes and wipe out any concentrations that move towards transnistria.

    They can't.
    But they can play in front of their own audience.
    And make some terrorist attacks here and there.
    As usual.
    Carry on Laughing

    Hole likes this post

    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 34342
    Points : 34860
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  GarryB Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:57 am

    Russia should amplify the missile strikes and expand their scope. Hit every bridge and every power station.

    If you think that will scare the in to surrendering they first have to know it happened and they wont.

    It would use up an enormous number of missiles and for no obvious gain.

    It makes more sense to monitor the situation... blow up a bridge when trucks are driving over it... hit a power station to take out a section of rail they are moving troops and civilians on...

    zorobabel likes this post

    avatar
    mr_hd


    Posts : 61
    Points : 63
    Join date : 2020-12-13

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  mr_hd Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:48 am

    ALAMO wrote:
    mnztr wrote:I don't understand how Ukraine could launch an assault on Transnistria. Surely Russia will detect troop movements and obliterate any concentration of troops and tanks from the air and with a variety of missiles and artillary? If Russia hopefully they play this one smart, set up several kill boxes and wipe out any concentrations that move towards transnistria.

    They can't.
    But they can play in front of their own audience.
    And make some terrorist attacks here and there.
    As usual.
    Carry on Laughing
    Ukraine now battle hardened is much more capable than anything Russia has in Transnitria and it is using it well for disruption only.
    World forgot long time ago about that corner of the world and Moldavia is very poor country with serious transitional issues to cope with that on top so world moved away... but Russian/Putin did not. It is Putin standard modus operandi, freeze conflict with your military forces and wait the best moment and use it to increase influence and presence when opportunities arise, it is used in Belarus, Kazakhstan, Caucasus etc... But Russia actually does not have strong enough military to do that all at once and fight on all sides - and Ukraine is well aware of that.
    So Ukraine is shaking things and so far is able:
    - to show that Russia alone is not having actually fully situation under control on the ground (they have only 1500 troops there and in new circumstances are very poorly armed)
    -to bring world focus back to Transistria and to show to the world it as a step in Putin's dream of restoring USSSR and Russian Empire and increase fear of the Central European countries, they do not have good memories from Soviet occupation times
    - to make Russian side guessing what Ukraine will do next, it does not bode well for Russia if Ukraine is able to further escalate and spiral conflict outside its own borders.

    We can expect more weapons and support to flow now to Ukraine and much better focus and understanding how Russia is operating in the west. So far Ukraine is doing exceptionally well with cover disruptive action and information war.

    RTN likes this post

    VARGR198 dislikes this post

    lancelot
    lancelot


    Posts : 1376
    Points : 1378
    Join date : 2020-10-17

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  lancelot Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:07 am

    What Ukraine got was rail transport links to Romania blown up. And the electric power stations necessary to power the electric locomotives they use for most transport from Poland blown up. Since Russia also blew up Ukraine's refineries, and most of their fuel storage, pretty soon they will be on foot. And needing massive diesel truck deliveries all the way from the European border. Which will be easily spotted and blown up by Russian aviation.

    Ukraine's war effort will end up just like Nazi Germany's. Failed after lack of fuel.

    With regards to the troops being sufficient or not Ukraine would either need to pull back the troops they have attacking Kherson to do it. Or bring troops from Western Ukraine. But we already heard reports they are sending 40-50 year olds from Western Ukraine into Donbass to fight. So, even if they left their elite Waffen SS troops in reserve and use those to strike Transnistria, those will be less troops fighting in Donbass. And guess what, Russia can still support Transnistria with their aviation from Crimea if they want. It isn't that far away and easily within Flanker range.

    GarryB, flamming_python, VARGR198, Hole, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

    VARGR198
    VARGR198


    Posts : 450
    Points : 454
    Join date : 2015-08-09

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  VARGR198 Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:19 pm

    GarryB, George1 and Odin of Ossetia like this post

    zorobabel
    zorobabel


    Posts : 501
    Points : 501
    Join date : 2015-09-20

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  zorobabel Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:13 am

    Israel is advising its citizens to leave Transnistria (all 10 of them?).

    But I will admit, when Israel starts telling its citizens to leave, that's not a good sign.

    Werewolf, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 34342
    Points : 34860
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  GarryB Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:05 am

    Ukraine now battle hardened is much more capable than anything Russia has in Transnitria and it is using it well for disruption only.

    They are nothing like battle hardened... the battle hardened... or should I say battle numbed are on the front lines in the Donbass... most of the rest have been elsewhere and not fighting Russians directly at all... holed up waiting for the Russians to advance to where they are... they kept waiting when they stopped advancing and have been waiting since... which is a good recipie for troops that are the opposite of battle hardened because they will hear the official description of what is happening... which is success after success, but they will also note the number of troops being sent forward and lack of the people who are alive and well and massacring the Russians on the front line being rotated back for a rest.

    - to show that Russia alone is not having actually fully situation under control on the ground (they have only 1500 troops there and in new circumstances are very poorly armed)

    They are defending ammo and weapon stores that would last that small group for years if necessary... and most importantly they could blow it all up in place and then move around and be a rather difficult target to deal with.

    -to bring world focus back to Transistria and to show to the world it as a step in Putin's dream of restoring USSSR and Russian Empire and increase fear of the Central European countries, they do not have good memories from Soviet occupation times

    Who cares what they thing... relations between the west and Russia are likely going to be mostly severed by one side or the other... ensuring the people there have their rights respected is all Russia and Putin wants and they know of they don't make it happen then the freedom and peace loving west will not give it to them.

    - to make Russian side guessing what Ukraine will do next, it does not bode well for Russia if Ukraine is able to further escalate and spiral conflict outside its own borders.

    This game of chess there are no kings on the table so it essentially comes down to who can remove the pieces of the other side... the Ukraine has no chance because while the Ukraine has more pieces on the board they can't move them and Russia has less pieces that are highly mobile but would rather the other sides pieces leave the board volunterily and are not taken off. If needs be Russia has enough pieces to cover the entire board but they are not interested in doing that.

    A Ukrainian escalation just means Putin will be free to escalate too, and the historic track record of western escalations have traditionally gone rather bad for the west or good for Russians or both... coup in Kiev, Crimea joins Russia, US support for Kurds and ISIS in Syria and Russia enters the conflict and seems to be doing an amazing job of helping Assad and Syria... just compare Syria with Libya or Afghanistan right now.

    Bringing Moldova into the conflict expands the options for Russia in terms of future border dynamics and arrangements...


    We can expect more weapons and support to flow now to Ukraine and much better focus and understanding how Russia is operating in the west. So far Ukraine is doing exceptionally well with cover disruptive action and information war.

    Exceptionally well in the information war in the west... in the same way that Jeffery Epstein would be aquitted if the western media was on his side... it is only a crime if western media says so really... so Assange and Manning and Snowden are criminals, while whistle blowers from Iran or Iraq or China or Venezuela are heroes even if their information was a lie and started a war that killed enormous numbers of innocent people.

    Concrete and sandbags on the Ukrainian side of the border suggests the Ukraine thinks Russian forces might be attacking them instead...

    flamming_python, VARGR198, Hole and Broski like this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 7323
    Points : 7399
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  flamming_python Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:07 pm

    mr_hd wrote:
    ALAMO wrote:
    mnztr wrote:I don't understand how Ukraine could launch an assault on Transnistria. Surely Russia will detect troop movements and obliterate any concentration of troops and tanks from the air and with a variety of missiles and artillary? If Russia hopefully they play this one smart, set up several kill boxes and wipe out any concentrations that move towards transnistria.

    They can't.
    But they can play in front of their own audience.
    And make some terrorist attacks here and there.
    As usual.
    Carry on Laughing
    Ukraine now battle hardened is much more capable than anything Russia has in Transnitria and it is using it well for disruption only.
    World forgot long time ago about that corner of the world and Moldavia is very poor country with serious transitional issues to cope with that on top so world moved away... but Russian/Putin did not. It is Putin standard modus operandi, freeze conflict with your military forces and wait the best moment and use it to increase influence and presence when opportunities arise, it is used in Belarus, Kazakhstan, Caucasus etc... But Russia actually does not have strong enough military to do that all at once and fight on all sides - and Ukraine is well aware of that.
    So Ukraine is shaking things and so far is able:
    - to show that Russia alone is not having actually fully situation under control on the ground (they have only 1500 troops there and in new circumstances are very poorly armed)
    -to bring world focus back to Transistria and to show to the world it as a step in Putin's dream of restoring USSSR and Russian Empire and increase fear of the Central European countries, they do not have good memories from Soviet occupation times
    - to make Russian side guessing what Ukraine will do next, it does not bode well for Russia if Ukraine is able to further escalate and spiral conflict outside its own borders.

    We can expect more weapons and support to flow now to Ukraine and much better focus and understanding how Russia is operating in the west. So far Ukraine is doing exceptionally well with cover disruptive action and information war.

    Pridnestrovie can become part of the DNR too if Kiev wants
    Moldova too, if they decide to take part in this little raid
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB


    Posts : 1160
    Points : 1170
    Join date : 2017-02-13

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  ATLASCUB Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:52 pm

    All part of the plan. cheers

    A lot of threats are about to be cashed in. We will know if it's more of the bluff kind soon enough. God knows we've seen plenty of that already.

    Sponsored content


    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:29 pm