Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 27382
    Points : 27914
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  GarryB on Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:33 am

    I am not referring to the investment... I am referring to poor customer service and internal charges or penalties you have no say over and have to pay if you want to deal with that company.
    Hole
    Hole

    Posts : 3664
    Points : 3662
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 44
    Location : Merkelland

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  Hole on Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:03 pm

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 000158
    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 000346
    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 000431
    Seems to be some kind of UGV. For exploration?

    GarryB, LMFS and Begome like this post

    Begome
    Begome

    Posts : 65
    Points : 67
    Join date : 2020-09-12

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  Begome on Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:12 pm

    Nice! For anyone who didn't notice the paper human in the first photo: this thing is huge (weighs 28 tons) Very Happy

    It's apparently for laying communication lines or gas lines underwater IIUC...can operate at up to 1000 meters depth.

    GarryB and LMFS like this post

    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 27382
    Points : 27914
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  GarryB on Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:36 am

    But it is Russian so it probably damages the environment.... hahahaha... just kidding... looks good.
    LMFS
    LMFS

    Posts : 2744
    Points : 2746
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  LMFS on Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:20 pm

    2019 report of activities by Rostec:

    https://rostec.ru/upload/iblock/3bd/3bd6c2b566d316beb5a14e5b591169b8.pdf

    GarryB likes this post

    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 27382
    Points : 27914
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  GarryB on Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:01 am

    Easier to read in English...

    https://rostec.ru/upload/iblock/baf/baf448d95ffa8611fad46e0df57032df.pdf

    dino00 and LMFS like this post

    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 8272
    Points : 8417
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  kvs on Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:16 pm



    Russia is building a manufacturing plant for high speed passenger trains. It was going to deploy high speed rail in partnership
    with the Chinese, but they wanted to have excessive access rights in their plans to ship to the EU. The EU is not Russia's
    problem. So Siemens ended up being part of the new project. Here are some relevant points:

    1) Russia wants for its high speed rail project to pay for itself. It will not sink trillions of rubles into national pride or
    corporate pork barrels. If you look at high speed rail projects in the 8 countries that have it, many are in the red and
    underutilized.

    2) So the project will focus on the high volume Moscow-St. Petersburg link initially. Future expansion will come naturally.
    A new fully dedicated high speed rail line will be built for this link and freight traffic will operate on the original line without
    competition with high speed passenger trains. The travel time on the new line will be 2 hours.

    3) The new trains will not be Siemens ICE-3 clones but new designs capable of 360 km/hr.

    https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/10/23/russias-new-high-speed-rail-route-to-cost-36bln-a67866

    The above has more details on the rail line but not much on the new trains.

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Image_big_183832

    Looks like the Sapsan but not the same.

    LMFS and lyle6 like this post

    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 6746
    Points : 6897
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:42 am

    Rostec joined the BRICS project to create an intercontinental quantum communication channel
    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Kvantovaya-elektronika-1487094712.t

    Moscow. 29th of October. INTERFAX - Shvabe Holding (part of Rostec) has joined the BRICS scientific research project on quantum communications, the press service of the state corporation reported.

    "For the first time, it is planned to create an intercontinental satellite channel of quantum communication using the latest elements of macro- and fiber optics, which will cover a distance of more than 10 thousand km," Rostec reported on Thursday.

    They noted that the work is being carried out by an international scientific consortium, which includes experts from South Africa, India, China and Russia.

    "The project is being implemented within the framework of the BRICS international grant with the support of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research. The Shvabe holding represents the Scientific and Production Association State Optical Institute. SI Vavilov "(JSC NPO GOI named after SI Vavilov)", - reported in "Rostec".

    https://vpk.name/news/459015_predpriyatie_rosteha_vstupilo_v_proekt_briks_po_sozdaniyu_mezhkontinentalnogo_kanala_kvantovoi_svyazi.html

    Russia became the world's second largest producer of service robots
    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Rossiya_stala_vtorym_v_mire_proizvoditelem_servisnyh_robotov-dl0aw0e8-1603989939.t

    Russia took second place in the world ranking of manufacturers of service robots - such data was published in the report of the International Federation of Robotics (IFR) for 2019. According to the document, 73 companies in Russia are engaged in the production of service robots.

    The first place is held by the USA - 223 manufacturing companies. Russia is followed by Germany (69 companies), China (64 companies), France (52 companies) and Japan (50 companies).

    “This gap can be explained by the fact that in Russia there are much more small start-ups, and in Japan, for example, large corporations.

    Another reason for the difference in data is language and cultural barriers: IFR is an international organization with headquarters in Europe, therefore it focuses mainly on European and American companies. Asian or Russian manufacturers may simply not submit data to the International Federation of Robotics. They may not be aware of such an opportunity due to the language barrier, or they may be more focused on the local market and may not consider it necessary to participate in international research.

    Many companies also do not submit data on their sales and production: firstly, it is quite labor-intensive, and secondly, some simply do not want to disclose numbers. Therefore, real data may differ, ”explained Alisa Konyukhovskaya, executive director of the National Association of Robotics Market Participants.

    Service robots IFR understands robotic devices designed to work in public places - robotic consultants, guides, administrators, as well as courier robots and medical devices: diagnostic robots and exoskeletons. The most famous Russian companies in these areas are, for example, Promobot (service humanoid robots), Yandex (courier robots), Motorika (cybernetic prostheses).

    “We are confident that Russian robots are one of the most important brands in Russia in the 21st century. It should become a quality mark: like German cars, Korean technology or French wine. Private business, the state and the public are interested in this. Global service robotization should start from Russia - and we are doing everything to make it come true, ”says Oleg Kivokurtsev, Development Director of Promobot.

    https://vpk.name/news/459073_rossiya_stala_vtorym_v_mire_proizvoditelem_servisnyh_robotov.html

    Government Prize Awarded to Developers of an Engine for an Electric Plane
    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Premiyu-pravitelstva-prisudili-razrabotchikam-dvigatelya-dlya-elektrosamoleta-nnc2aobk-1603998842.t

    Developers of technology for the production of parts from high-temperature superconductors for an electric aircraft engine received the Russian government's award for 2020. This was announced on Thursday, October 29, at the company - the developer of the SuperOx technology.

    “Alexander Molodyk, Alexey Mankevich (S-Innovations LLC), Alexey Voronov, Vladislav Kalitka and Anton Markelov (SuperOx CJSC) were awarded a high state award for the development of a technology for the industrial production of wires based on high-temperature superconductors of the second generation and the application of these new materials in high-temperature superconducting devices, ”the message says.

    Using the wire, the SuperOx company, commissioned by the Advanced Research Foundation, has developed, manufactured and tested samples of an electric motor based on high-temperature superconductors with a capacity of 50 and 500 kW.

    At the moment, "SuperOx" in cooperation with the Central Institute of Aviation Motors named after Baranov is preparing to test the engine on a laboratory aircraft. Flight tests are planned to be held in late 2021 - early 2022.

    Earlier, on October 25, the Russian traveler Fyodor Konyukhov presented a prototype of the Albatross electric aircraft, on which he plans to fly around the world in 2020. Konyukhov plans to fly around the planet along a route of 35 thousand km: Australia - New Zealand - Chile – Argentina – Brazil – South Africa – Australia.

    66-year-old Konyukhov made five voyages around the world, he crossed the Atlantic 17 times. The traveler visited the North and South Poles, the pole of relative inaccessibility in the Arctic Ocean and Mount Everest. Konyukhov runs his own school of travelers.

    https://vpk.name/news/459098_premiyu_pravitelstva_prisudili_razrabotchikam_dvigatelya_dlya_elektrosamoleta.html

    Regular, kvs, thegopnik, LMFS and Hole like this post

    thegopnik
    thegopnik

    Posts : 300
    Points : 306
    Join date : 2017-09-20

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  thegopnik on Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:49 pm

    https://www.kret.com/media/news/kret-provel-kruglyy-stol-posvyashchennyy-kontseptsii-razvitiya-tekhnologiy-krioelektroniki/

    "Avangard OJSC (a subsidiary of KRET JSC of the Rostec State Corporation) together with representatives of the Advanced Research Fund held a round table "Problematic issues and promising directions for the development of power cryoelectronics and conversion technology with cryogenic cooling."

    As a result of the meeting, it was proposed to create working groups to determine the main thematic directions for the development of cryoelectronics and cryogenic cooling systems, as well as to prepare technical specifications for research and development work in this area.

    Within the framework of the meeting, industry experts reviewed the report "On the concept of development of cryoelectronics technologies", discussed the conditions for improving electric propulsion systems for air and sea transport, the state and prospects for the development of the production of electronic component base and converter technology with cryogenic cooling.

    Representatives of enterprises - end users of the products being developed took part in the meeting. They stressed their readiness to take part in the testing of experimental samples.

    Nikolay Kolesov, General Director of KRET JSC, Chairman of the Novgorod and Mariysk branches of the Union of Mechanical Engineers of Russia, emphasized the importance of the work of industry expert platforms that allow specialized experts to exchange experience, substantively consider key issues of their work, and jointly develop an optimal development strategy."


    LMFS
    LMFS

    Posts : 2744
    Points : 2746
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  LMFS on Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:47 pm

    They are basically talking about superconductive motors, right?
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 8272
    Points : 8417
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  kvs on Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:05 am

    LMFS wrote:They are basically talking about superconductive motors, right?

    Yes. That is the only way to interpret the article although the translation is not all that good.
    There appears to be some sort of compromise point between room temperature superconductors
    which have not been successfully harnessed and absurdly cold ones that are simply not viable
    due to ultra low temperature requirements.

    I do not think that the public information space is giving the full picture of certain developments.

    LMFS likes this post

    LMFS
    LMFS

    Posts : 2744
    Points : 2746
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  LMFS on Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:07 am

    kvs wrote:
    Yes.  That is the only way to interpret the article although the translation is not all that good.
    There appears to be some sort of compromise point between room temperature superconductors
    which have not been successfully harnessed and absurdly cold ones that are simply not viable
    due to ultra low temperature requirements.  

    I do not think that the public information space is giving the full picture of certain developments.

    Russia has a serious ongoing program for superconductor aviation engines, in fact IIRC they planned to start flight testing next year or 2022. So this is not some PR bullshit but real ongoing work with tangible results.
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

    Posts : 300
    Points : 306
    Join date : 2017-09-20

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  thegopnik on Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:35 am

    development of cryoelectronics and cryogenic cooling systems,

    the conditions for improving electric propulsion systems for air and sea transport, the state and prospects for the development of the production of electronic component base and converter technology with cryogenic cooling.


    sounds like they are talking about engines and electronics being cooled down, things like radar modules tend to overheat sometimes depending on the wattage you put into it.


    https://www.aorti.ru/media/news/rti-predstavit-novyy-elektrodvigatel-vdm80

    Mednogorsk Electrotechnical Plant Uralelectro, a member of the RTI group of companies, will present the latest series of valve electric motors at the Army-2020 international military-technical forum, including a new three-phase electric motor VDM80, designed to drive mechanisms with a super-premium energy efficiency class (IE4).

    High efficiency coupled with unprecedented reliability make it possible to use the motors as part of tracking high-precision electric drives for weapons and sights, tracking antennas, guidance and stabilization drives, as well as in numerous automation devices.

    “The absence of heat losses allows to reduce energy consumption by up to 50% compared to asynchronous motors, and a high degree of protection and reliable self-cooling increase the service life and make it possible to use it under adverse environmental conditions, as well as in aggressive environments. - said the general director of JSC "Uralelectro" " Vadim Savitsky.

    The use of valve electric motors will allow: to expand the functionality of the units; to ensure their protection from emergency operating modes; reduce the labor intensity of maintenance.

    Motors of the VDM series are three-phase synchronous multi-pole electric motors with a power source and control in the form of a frequency converter. Use - this series of motors is safe in any configuration thanks to numerous protection systems and automatic blocking in case of an accident.


    For visualization
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 8272
    Points : 8417
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  kvs on Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:01 am

    The described synchronous motor is not a cryogenically cooled design so that does not quite fit. As for electronics there is a need
    for cooling of some high temperature parts but it is not clear what they are talking about since cooling of such components is
    not new.

    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 27382
    Points : 27914
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  GarryB on Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:45 am

    magnumcromagnon wrote:

    Government Prize Awarded to Developers of an Engine for an Electric Plane
    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Premiyu-pravitelstva-prisudili-razrabotchikam-dvigatelya-dlya-elektrosamoleta-nnc2aobk-1603998842.t

    Developers of technology for the production of parts from high-temperature superconductors for an electric aircraft engine received the Russian government's award for 2020. This was announced on Thursday, October 29, at the company - the developer of the SuperOx technology.

    “Alexander Molodyk, Alexey Mankevich (S-Innovations LLC), Alexey Voronov, Vladislav Kalitka and Anton Markelov (SuperOx CJSC) were awarded a high state award for the development of a technology for the industrial production of wires based on high-temperature superconductors of the second generation and the application of these new materials in high-temperature superconducting devices, ”the message says.

    Using the wire, the SuperOx company, commissioned by the Advanced Research Foundation, has developed, manufactured and tested samples of an electric motor based on high-temperature superconductors with a capacity of 50 and 500 kW.

    At the moment, "SuperOx" in cooperation with the Central Institute of Aviation Motors named after Baranov is preparing to test the engine on a laboratory aircraft. Flight tests are planned to be held in late 2021 - early 2022.

    Earlier, on October 25, the Russian traveler Fyodor Konyukhov presented a prototype of the Albatross electric aircraft, on which he plans to fly around the world in 2020. Konyukhov plans to fly around the planet along a route of 35 thousand km: Australia - New Zealand - Chile – Argentina – Brazil – South Africa – Australia.

    66-year-old Konyukhov made five voyages around the world, he crossed the Atlantic 17 times. The traveler visited the North and South Poles, the pole of relative inaccessibility in the Arctic Ocean and Mount Everest. Konyukhov runs his own school of travelers.

    https://vpk.name/news/459098_premiyu_pravitelstva_prisudili_razrabotchikam_dvigatelya_dlya_elektrosamoleta.html

    That engine layout reminds me of that design for the so called supersonic transport plane which clearly lacked the shape for supersonic flight but used lift engines to increase thrust presumably for takeoffs and then I assume runs on the rear engine only for inflight efficient cruise...

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 14526811

    I think it was called the PAK TA for future prospective cargo transport plane... depending on its capacity perhaps something that would fit a gap in air transport.... perhaps an An-70 replacement that allows low flight speed for paratroop drops...
    LMFS
    LMFS

    Posts : 2744
    Points : 2746
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  LMFS on Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:56 am

    kvs wrote:The described synchronous motor is not a cryogenically cooled design so that does not quite fit. As for electronics there is a need
    for cooling of some high temperature parts but it is not clear what they are talking about since cooling of such components is
    not new.

    True, they are just saying it has less heat losses, probably compared to a conventional induction motor with alu rotor. Nothing of cryogenics in that article.
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 8272
    Points : 8417
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  kvs on Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:51 pm



    The state of the composite materials industry and market in Russia is rife for obfuscation and narrative spinning. For example,
    Turkey consumes seven times more composites than Russia for production. So Russia must be underdeveloped in this
    field, right? Wrong.

    The bulk of composites use around the world is for consumer trash like surfboards and aftermarket car accessories and such.
    Russia does not have such consumer orientated production partly because the foreign production is filling the needs of the market
    and why should Russia produce every type of product in existence? Surfboards are not strategic and will not be sanctioned.

    But Russia does have the production and use of composites where it counts, in aerospace, oil and gas and other strategic
    sectors of the economy. And NATzO sanctions once again are doing Russia a massive favour by stimulating domestic production
    of composites which will result in the same effect as we have seen in agriculture. As production volume grows, there will
    be more incentive to develop consumer sector products to keep the output volume high and to have a more steady baseline
    for demand. Intermittent aerospace demand is one of the things that has been keeping output volumes low.

    LMFS likes this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python

    Posts : 4126
    Points : 4210
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  flamming_python on Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:07 pm

    kvs wrote:

    Russia is building a manufacturing plant for high speed passenger trains.   It was going to deploy high speed rail in partnership
    with the Chinese, but they wanted to have excessive access rights in their plans to ship to the EU.   The EU is not Russia's
    problem.   So Siemens ended up being part of the new project.    Here are some relevant points:

    1) Russia wants for its high speed rail project to pay for itself.   It will not sink trillions of rubles into national pride or
    corporate pork barrels.   If you look at high speed rail projects in the 8 countries that have it, many are in the red and
    underutilized.

    2) So the project will focus on the high volume Moscow-St. Petersburg link initially.   Future expansion will come naturally.
    A new fully dedicated high speed rail line will be built for this link and freight traffic will operate on the original line without
    competition with high speed passenger trains.   The travel time on the new line will be 2 hours.  

    3) The new trains will not be Siemens ICE-3 clones but new designs capable of 360 km/hr.    

    https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/10/23/russias-new-high-speed-rail-route-to-cost-36bln-a67866

    The above has more details on the rail line but not much on the new trains.

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Image_big_183832

    Looks like the Sapsan but not the same.


    My idea for high-speed rail is - a cross centred upon Moscow

    In the Western direction - to Berlin via Smolensk, Minsk and Warsaw
    In the Southern direction - to Tehran via Volgagrad, Makhachkala and Baku
    In the Eastern direction - to Beijing via Kazan and Astana
    In the Northern direction - to Helsinki via St. Petersburg

    To get high passanger numbers and recoup costs you really have to net as many significant cities along the way as you can
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 8272
    Points : 8417
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  kvs on Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:18 pm

    There is a plan to continue the initial high speed link to the EU. But that depends on the EU and its sniveling posturing.

    miketheterrible likes this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python

    Posts : 4126
    Points : 4210
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  flamming_python on Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:30 pm

    kvs wrote:There is a plan to continue the initial high speed link to the EU.   But that depends on the EU and its sniveling posturing.

    It depends on building a consortium with Germany and Poland, not with the EU as a whole

    And these countries may be up for such a project, if it can significantly increase tourism and transport ties including between the same EU countries (Germany and Poland)

    As for Finland there's already a Sapsan-type speed rail service between St. Petersburg and Helsinki. I doubt they'd say no to an upgrade of that.
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 8272
    Points : 8417
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  kvs on Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:57 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    kvs wrote:There is a plan to continue the initial high speed link to the EU.   But that depends on the EU and its sniveling posturing.

    It depends on building a consortium with Germany and Poland, not with the EU as a whole

    And these countries may be up for such a project, if it can significantly increase tourism and transport ties including between the same EU countries (Germany and Poland)

    As for Finland there's already a Sapsan-type speed rail service between St. Petersburg and Helsinki. I doubt they'd say no to an upgrade of that.

    Germany could have been a viable partner before the Navalny blood libel spasm and its recent sanctions over this fake pretext.
    Poland is 100% unreliable and a spiteful POS trying to damage Russia on every level.

    So indeed the EU Borg Collective is the main obstacle to HSR links with Russia.

    miketheterrible likes this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python

    Posts : 4126
    Points : 4210
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  flamming_python on Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:33 pm

    kvs wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    kvs wrote:There is a plan to continue the initial high speed link to the EU.   But that depends on the EU and its sniveling posturing.

    It depends on building a consortium with Germany and Poland, not with the EU as a whole

    And these countries may be up for such a project, if it can significantly increase tourism and transport ties including between the same EU countries (Germany and Poland)

    As for Finland there's already a Sapsan-type speed rail service between St. Petersburg and Helsinki. I doubt they'd say no to an upgrade of that.

    Germany could have been a viable partner before the Navalny blood libel spasm and its recent sanctions over this fake pretext.
    Poland is 100% unreliable and a spiteful POS trying to damage Russia on every level.

    So indeed the EU Borg Collective is the main obstacle to HSR links with Russia.


    Na, Poland's main butthurt over Nord Stream 2 was essentially that it cut it out

    With a rail mass-transit project; which is not strategic in the same sense, and with Poland included, it shouldn't complain. A fast link to Berlin will only boost its economy, and it wants to be connected to Belarus after all, with all the meddling it gets up to there.
    LMFS
    LMFS

    Posts : 2744
    Points : 2746
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  LMFS on Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:49 pm

    The only way with those retards is to cut them off completely, once you have an alternative and can ditch them, they might start to behave. Not one ruble more invested in infrastructure that can be sequestered by the nazis please...
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

    Posts : 4126
    Points : 4210
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  flamming_python on Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:52 pm

    LMFS wrote:The only way with those retards is to cut them off completely, once you have an alternative and can ditch them, they might start to behave. Not one ruble more invested in infrastructure that can be sequestered by the nazis please...

    There is no alternative unfortunately, to get to Berlin you must go through Poland

    And Germany is not much more of a friend to Russia than Poland is, it's just quieter about it. But in reality it bankrolls all these same chichuanas and puts sanctions on Russia.

    Nevertheless the economic feasibility is there and with the help of such a joint-project Russia can not only increase tourism and facilitate business travel from Germany but also establish a high-speed rail service between Moscow, Smolensk and Minsk.

    Poland has no high-speed rail service at all or even anything with just the speed of the Sapsan. It would be wise to accept such an opportunity as well that crosses its whole territory from east to west.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 27382
    Points : 27914
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  GarryB on Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:07 am

    Honestly the way the EU treats Russia I would say paying good money to get people to and from there faster is a waste of time and money and just another string they can cut.

    I would say high speed rail links within Russia between major cities and areas is well worth the money and effort, but rather than rail links to the EU, I would direct them the other way and go for rail links to Asia and through Asia...

    Set up a military park in the far east somewhere where you can drive a tank or fly a fighter or fire a machine gun or rocket launcher... they can use up old ammo and spend money having fun with their mates. You could have once in a lifetime things like firing a tank gun or artillery piece for $5K US it could all be videoed and you get to keep the empty shell case or whatever... there will be lots of ex army and ex military people who might like a job there that does not involve going to shit holes around the world and killing people...

    You could add a few other adventure type things or nature things along the high speed route where you can stop for as long as you like and catch the next train to continue your journey or whatever...

    miketheterrible likes this post


    Sponsored content

    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia - Page 28 Empty Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:21 pm