Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+51
Russian_Patriot_
lancelot
Backman
Kiko
LMFS
Scorpius
PhSt
dino00
marat
miketheterrible
Dima
Hole
PapaDragon
KiloGolf
Singular_Transform
JohninMK
Singular_trafo
Zivo
william.boutros
Book.
KoTeMoRe
Project Canada
Rmf
mutantsushi
Prince Darling
Svyatoslavich
higurashihougi
eehnie
Neutrality
macedonian
George1
flamming_python
Vann7
AbsoluteZero
kvs
GarryB
Werewolf
Mike E
sepheronx
KomissarBojanchev
Firebird
magnumcromagnon
gaurav
TheArmenian
AlfaT8
Viktor
Regular
Cyberspec
TR1
Austin
Sujoy
55 posters

    Russian Auto Industry

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11453
    Points : 11523
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  PapaDragon Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:30 am

    sepheronx wrote:You jerk, you beat me to it.

    I have studied ninjitsu under sensei JohninMK. Cool
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 16609
    Points : 17114
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  George1 Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:49 pm

    Russia's major car manufacturer presents six new concept cars

    The cars were presented at the Moscow International Automobile Salon

    MOSCOW, August 24. /TASS/. Russia’s largest car maker Avtovaz has presented six new concept cars including new Lada X-Code model at the Moscow International Automobile Salon.

    This was stated by Avtovaz President Nicolas Moore and Lada designer Steve Mattin.

    Lada X-Sode Concept is a car that is designed to demonstrate the possible development of a lineup Lada and show a new design concept.

    The car was presented at the stand in a bright lime green with a white roof. In design it was close to currently produced X-Ray and Vesta cars.

    "The concept car provides a number of potential solutions, including the use of turbo and all-wheel drive transmission and Lada Connect telematic platform that allows you to control vehicle systems via smartphone, and in the future use of the car cloud services," the company said. Avtovaz presented new concepts of cross-version Vesta and X-Ray cars, as well as the version of Lada Vesta SW Cross Concept - the off-road version of the station wagon.

    The carmaker also showcased sport-versions of Vesta and X-Ray models.


    More:
    http://tass.com/economy/895745
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 16609
    Points : 17114
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  George1 Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:23 am

    Renault will become majority shareholder of Avtovaz after debt restructuring

    More:
    http://tass.com/economy/898716
    Singular_Transform
    Singular_Transform

    Posts : 929
    Points : 915
    Join date : 2016-11-13

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  Singular_Transform Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:00 pm

    Seems like the RF car sales reached the bottom.

    considering the high interest rate it can go up easly if the central bank cut the interest rate.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1883
    Points : 2030
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  TheArmenian Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:11 am

    Light vehicle sales (cars and LCVs) in Russia were down 11% in 2016.
    The domestic manufacturers gained share.
    Lada sales were down 2% only.
    UAZ sales were up 1%
    GAZ sales were up 9%

    By the way Lada sales were up almost 20% in December compared to last December.
    Also, Lada sales were up almost every month during the last 6 months. Bur were not enough to offset the declines earlier in the year.

    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 6135
    Points : 6111
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  miketheterrible Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:08 pm

    TheArmenian wrote:Light vehicle sales (cars and LCVs) in Russia were down 11% in 2016.
    The domestic manufacturers gained share.
    Lada sales were down 2% only.
    UAZ sales were up 1%
    GAZ sales were up 9%

    By the way Lada sales were up almost 20% in December compared to last December.
    Also, Lada sales were up almost every month during the last 6 months. Bur were not enough to offset the declines earlier in the year.


    this. Car sales in luxury and foreign dropped while domestic grew a tad bit (their share in the market grew.

    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 10658
    Points : 10805
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  kvs Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:57 am

    miketheterrible wrote:
    TheArmenian wrote:Light vehicle sales (cars and LCVs) in Russia were down 11% in 2016.
    The domestic manufacturers gained share.
    Lada sales were down 2% only.
    UAZ sales were up 1%
    GAZ sales were up 9%

    By the way Lada sales were up almost 20% in December compared to last December.
    Also, Lada sales were up almost every month during the last 6 months. Bur were not enough to offset the declines earlier in the year.


    this. Car sales in luxury and foreign dropped while domestic grew a tad bit (their share in the market grew.


    If not for the CBR Russia would be the largest car market in Europe today. The CBR 5th column nutjobs have killed consumer
    borrowing and hence car purchases. The 2% Lada sales is a pathetic figure that reflects people buying by paying the whole
    price. There are no car markets in the OECD where consumers pay the whole price without borrowing.
    Singular_Transform
    Singular_Transform

    Posts : 929
    Points : 915
    Join date : 2016-11-13

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Light vehicle sales (cars and LCVs) in Russia were down 11% in 2016.

    Post  Singular_Transform Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:57 pm

    TheArmenian wrote:Light vehicle sales (cars and LCVs) in Russia were down 11% in 2016.
    The domestic manufacturers gained share.
    Lada sales were down 2% only.
    UAZ sales were up 1%
    GAZ sales were up 9%

    By the way Lada sales were up almost 20% in December compared to last December.
    Also, Lada sales were up almost every month during the last 6 months. Bur were not enough to offset the declines earlier in the year.


    Yes, it was my bad, the car manufacturing number stabilised, the car sales fallen more, means the economy rebalancing.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 6135
    Points : 6111
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  miketheterrible Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:40 am

    http://rostec.ru/news/4519764

    Avtovaz is looking to the renault plant in Iran to produce Lada's in Iran for domestic and export sales.  A good move.  Kamaz and others should also make the same move.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2496
    Points : 2482
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  KiloGolf Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:59 am

    George1 wrote:Renault will become majority shareholder of Avtovaz after debt restructuring

    More:
    http://tass.com/economy/898716

    So with that, Russia's biggest private-use car manufacturer is foreign-owned. Very similar to what happened in the UK (Jaguar, Land Rover), Serbia, Romania and so on.

    Any other Russian car brands still in existence, owned in majority by Russian entities?

    miketheterrible wrote:http://rostec.ru/news/4519764

    Avtovaz is looking to the renault plant in Iran to produce Lada's in Iran for domestic and export sales.  A good move.  Kamaz and others should also make the same move.

    So it begins. They'll build in Iran and sell in Russia and ex-USSR.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 6135
    Points : 6111
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  miketheterrible Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:58 pm

    Uh no, they wont sell in Russia those cars since Togliatti produces a shit ton of vehicles (way more than any other plant that produces in Iran).  But nice try on the stupid trolling.

    Avtovaz has been owned by a JV between Renault and Nissan for years.  UAZ is a all Russian brand.

    It is as if you don't even know how this stuff works.  You are aware that Ford has a plant in both Kazakhstan and in Russia?  And both export to other countries? They are trying to get into Iran since it is a large market. They won't be able to produce even close to enough to replace Togliatti production......... Also, the Russian government wouldn't allow it since Rostec has investments in it and well, we all know what Rostec does.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  Guest Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:06 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    George1 wrote:Renault will become majority shareholder of Avtovaz after debt restructuring

    More:
    http://tass.com/economy/898716

    So with that, Russia's biggest private-use car manufacturer is foreign-owned. Very similar to what happened in the UK (Jaguar, Land Rover), Serbia, Romania and so on.

    Any other Russian car brands still in existence, owned in majority by Russian entities?

    miketheterrible wrote:http://rostec.ru/news/4519764

    Avtovaz is looking to the renault plant in Iran to produce Lada's in Iran for domestic and export sales.  A good move.  Kamaz and others should also make the same move.

    So it begins. They'll build in Iran and sell in Russia and ex-USSR.

    I do not completely understand this move, why place production in Iran? I would understand somewhere in South America to cover that market but... Iran is basically next to Russia, and where exactly Iran can export its cars to. Iraq? Syria? North Korea Smile? I figure this is some kind of political agreement rather than anything else.

    Well yea... our two bus factories, one is gone, one assembles shit for Mercedes basically... truck building company died...they are trying to revive it atm for military purposes, Zastava is in hands of Fiat mostly produces cars that do not sell very well, already stopped one shift... two tractor companies... both died...
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 6135
    Points : 6111
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  miketheterrible Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:12 pm

    You two are aware that Lada Granta and Kalina are produced also in Kazakhstan, which borders Russia, right?

    Productions outside of Russia are kept small for sales to the domestic markets with some prospects to export too.  Hence why they will be using a renault plant. As your comment militorov, you actually hit the nail. The market for export can be mainly Iraq which will be in demand for cheaper cars and already Iranian brands are gaining traction in sales in Iraq.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  Guest Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:29 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:You two are aware that Lada Granta and Kalina are produced also in Kazakhstan, which borders Russia, right?

    Productions outside of Russia are kept small for sales to the domestic markets with some prospects to export too.  Hence why they will be using a renault plant.  As your comment militorov, you actually hit the nail.  The market for export can be mainly Iraq which will be in demand for cheaper cars and already Iranian brands are gaining traction in sales in Iraq.

    Thing with Kazakhstan is abit different, they are in CSTO and already had fairly well developed car industry.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 6135
    Points : 6111
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  miketheterrible Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:31 pm

    Yeah, but even the article from rostec states why - because Iran is a large market.

    The hint is at the beginning. It is expensive to still ship things via ship in the Caspian sea. It will mean that Lada's will be competitive in Iran and Iraq.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11453
    Points : 11523
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  PapaDragon Fri May 12, 2017 10:18 pm


    LADA Vesta TCR:

    https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/93215/

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 D3d3LmxhZGF2ZXN0YS5uZXQvdXBsb2Fkcy9wb3N0cy8yMDE3LTA1LzE0OTM5MTY4OTRfdmVzdGFyc2tnMS5qcGc_X19pZD05MzIxNQ==

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 D3d3LmxhZGF2ZXN0YS5uZXQvdXBsb2Fkcy9wb3N0cy8yMDE3LTA1LzE0OTM5MTY4NzRfdmVzdGFyc2tnMi5qcGc_X19pZD05MzIxNQ==
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11453
    Points : 11523
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  PapaDragon Thu May 18, 2017 11:49 pm


    Not Russian car per se but it looks like that former Lada supercar concept will be build by Austrian company Milan automobiles GmbH under name Milan Red. 20 units per year.

    Best of all, they came in contact with designer when company representatives visited Crimea. russia

    http://tass.ru/ekonomika/4261278

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 4494941
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 6135
    Points : 6111
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  miketheterrible Fri May 19, 2017 1:42 am

    I guess they will get royalties from it, and because it is built in Austria, it wont have the connotations that it is "russian" to it thus may sell well.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11453
    Points : 11523
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  PapaDragon Fri May 19, 2017 5:19 am

    miketheterrible wrote:I guess they will get royalties from it, and because it is built in Austria, it wont have the connotations that it is "russian" to it thus may sell well.

    No this wasn't Lada's project it was just pitched to them.

    And it will certainly have connotations with Russia. In fact I think it will be selling point since it's called Milan RED
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 9250
    Points : 9353
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  JohninMK Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:46 am

    Alex Kokcharov‏ @AlexKokcharov 11m11 minutes ago

    #Russia's @avtovaz, the maker of #Lada cars, to dismiss 8,000 workers until 2019:


    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 GBVubK4t?format=jpg&name=600x314
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 6135
    Points : 6111
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  miketheterrible Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:23 pm

    Huh. Just when car sales are picking up. Not good for the workers but that is what you get for privatization.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1883
    Points : 2030
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  TheArmenian Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:52 pm

    JohninMK wrote: Alex Kokcharov‏ @AlexKokcharov 11m11 minutes ago

    #Russia's @avtovaz, the maker of #Lada cars, to dismiss 8,000 workers until 2019:


    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 GBVubK4t?format=jpg&name=600x314

    The story has changed:

    UPDATE: AvtoVAZ says plans to lay off only 740 people now

    http://www.1prime.biz/news/transport_automobile/_UPDATE_AvtoVAZ_says_plans_to_lay_off_only_740_people_now/0/%7B6C3794FC-3805-4035-BD5E-23547F31E477%7D.uif
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11453
    Points : 11523
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  PapaDragon Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:15 pm

    TheArmenian wrote:
    JohninMK wrote: Alex Kokcharov‏ @AlexKokcharov 11m11 minutes ago

    #Russia's @avtovaz, the maker of #Lada cars, to dismiss 8,000 workers until 2019:


    https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/886873080886423552/gBVubK4t?format=jpg&name=600x314[/img]

    The story has changed:

    [UPDATE: AvtoVAZ says plans to lay off only 740 people now

    http://www.1prime.biz/news/transport_automobile/_UPDATE_AvtoVAZ_says_plans_to_lay_off_only_740_people_now/0/%7B6C3794FC-3805-4035-BD5E-23547F31E477%7D.uif

    So they decide to fire 740 people

    Liberals at Komersant hear about it and deem that it's not sensational enough so they add one more zero at the end and get 7400

    To get better headline they round 7400 to 8000

    Liberals....  no need to insult them because just calling them liberals is insult in itself
    eehnie
    eehnie

    Posts : 2437
    Points : 2444
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  eehnie Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:51 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    TheArmenian wrote:
    JohninMK wrote: Alex Kokcharov‏ @AlexKokcharov 11m11 minutes ago

    #Russia's @avtovaz, the maker of #Lada cars, to dismiss 8,000 workers until 2019:


    https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/886873080886423552/gBVubK4t?format=jpg&name=600x314[/img]

    The story has changed:

    [UPDATE: AvtoVAZ says plans to lay off only 740 people now

    http://www.1prime.biz/news/transport_automobile/_UPDATE_AvtoVAZ_says_plans_to_lay_off_only_740_people_now/0/%7B6C3794FC-3805-4035-BD5E-23547F31E477%7D.uif

    So they decide to fire 740 people

    Liberals at Komersant hear about it and deem that it's not sensational enough so they add one more zero at the end and get 7400

    To get better headline they round 7400 to 8000

    Liberals....  no need to insult them because just calling them liberals is insult in itself

    This kind of rethoric is just US rethoric. Like many of your jokes.

    Im not a liberal, but this is not an European political point, because in Europe "Liberals" and "Conservatives" are almost always mixed in the same political parties. They are the same.

    You always talk like a "Serbian" from Brooklyn (?).
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 16609
    Points : 17114
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  George1 Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:58 am

    Russian automaker Avtovaz exports Lada cars to Cuba after 12-year gap

    More:
    http://tass.com/economy/981528

    Sponsored content

    Russian Auto Industry - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:01 am