Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+33
caveat emptor
Mir
zare
Dr.Snufflebug
Podlodka77
Scorpius
Odin of Ossetia
lyle6
Rodion_Romanovic
ALAMO
Begome
littlerabbit
Werewolf
TMA1
Isos
Broski
Backman
Monarchist
SturmGuard
victor1985
Project Canada
PapaDragon
George1
max steel
nemrod
sepheronx
Regular
flamming_python
GarryB
Viktor
Austin
Admin
Jelena
37 posters

Serbia’s relations with EU and NATO

Begome
    Begome

Serbia’s relations with EU and NATO - Page 3 Empty Re: Serbia’s relations with EU and NATO

Post  Begome Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:39 am

Isos wrote:And Russia can't help Serbia in any form since they are surrounded by nato. Maybe if they take Ukraine and Moldova, Romania and Hungary, will allow some land connexions with more militaty and economical help.
    Check out the discussion in the SMO thread #36 (current one) pages 38 and 39, where it is pointed out that due to the specifics of the Danube Convention Russia would only have to take Odessa oblast in order to connect to Serbia and Hungary.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Serbia’s relations with EU and NATO - Page 3 Empty Re: Serbia’s relations with EU and NATO

Post  flamming_python Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:45 am

Can you provide some proofs about that ?

If they pay 10k€ for every employee they would be bankrupt. Foreign companies bring jobs there. Of course west take advantage in that process but no one obliges you to work there or welcome them.

Serbia is already facing a harsh reality of its population fleeing to germany massively and is desperatly trying to stop that. Plenty of villages are getting empty.

The ties with Russia are nothing compare to their ties with west. So don't expect them to support Russia in a war that has no connexion to them and loose all the western investements.

And Russia can't help Serbia in any form since they are surrounded by nato. Maybe if they take Ukraine and Moldova, Romania and Hungary, will allow some land connexions with more militaty and economical help.

But till then Serbia is irrevelent for Russia and vice versa.

Germany has decided to de-industrialize itself on US instructions, robbing itself of cheap energy for its industries, its investments and contracts in the Russian market, and perhaps now sacrificing the reputation of its defense-industry hardware as well.
    So that should stop the outflow of Serbs to it. And of everyone else, once that process starts to bite and the remaining jobs are prioritized for Germans themselves.

GarryB likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:31 am

And they are afraid of instability in the Balkans. Very much so. Which makes their threats against Serbia empty. Yeah they can cause trouble in Kosovo. But they won't risk bombing Serbia again in a time like this. More countries are sympathetic to Serbia than just Russia. But they need to make it clear that their sovereignty and dignity is non-negotiable.

There are plenty of countries in the EU that are desperately afraid that what happened in Kosovo could happen to them... they have seperatists who just need funding and support and could become quite a problem for that country that would very much sympathise with Serbia, if for no other reason that the precedent could bite them in the arse.

Everyone is happy to ignore the conflict in South Ossetia started the same year Kosovos government declared independence (no public referendum was held so its results can be ignored of course), because that caused Russia to open its borders to South Ossetia and made Sakashvili panic and invade... Russia closing its borders kept SO dependent on Georgia but when Russia opened its borders then separatism became rather more viable proposition and of course georgia sealed the deal with their clumsy attempt to get a result by force.

Frankly, I don't have much confidence in Vucic or our government...or our politicians in general.

Most politicians are slimy, but don't make the mistake of thinking actions are a sign of weakness because Serbia is in a very weak position and cannot out muscle the west no matter how much it might want to. You play the cards you are given, and like Putin in the early years there are a lot of buildings burning and just one fire engine... some things just need to burn longer while the more vital stuff is dealt with.

Europe is going to be finding tough times ahead with lack of affordable energy and the US pinching all their industries, European industry can either move to the US or to China... or Russia where energy is going to remain stable and reliable and relatively cheap. Hahahaha.

Broski likes this post

littlerabbit
    littlerabbit

Post  littlerabbit Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:58 pm

@ Isos

15 years ago, our govenrnment made a law bill about those "bonuses" to foreign companies, tax free business for first few years, free energy, water, sewage connections etc...  confused

Our own private firms don't get those bonuses, only foreigners.  sniper

There were some serious critics in our media and public, but politicians didn't change their minds, so far.

We wasted too much money on that shit and still wasting every year.

In some foreign factories, our workers are forced to wear diapers, because they are not allowed to have a break for toilet during working hours. It was a big scandal few years ago...and nothing happened.  Shocked

You have to understand that my country is occupied by the West since the year of 2000. Some English reporters found out that in the last 20 years foreign bankers drained around 50 billion $ out of Serbia. Can't find those articles right now...but the fact is we don't have domestic banks any more, EU "doesn't allow" and our stupid elite are listening almost everything Brussels says. Some things they didn't do only because they were afraid they will end up in people's rage. No

sepheronx, GarryB, Odin of Ossetia, TMA1 and Broski like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:10 am

Where do you get this horseshit? Five paragraphs of crap

Diapers? That's Amazon, it's not even original horseshit

Soros crew has been trying to scrape by into parlament with this Facebook bullshit for years now, nobody is buying it

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:32 am

Why are so many fleeing to european nations PD? Doesnt seem the EU has benefitted the regular person so much.
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:43 am

Post TMA1 Today at 8:32 am
    Why are so many fleeing to european nations PD? Doesnt seem the EU has benefitted the regular person so much.

Because the grass is always greener at neighbour's lawn my friend.
    I have never been to Serbia sadly but visited several different countries of the region.
    They all live more or less the same level of living, maybe Slovenia is slightly better.
    But they used to be the most developed region of Yugoslavia, so that is nothing strange.
    People are leaving their own countries in most cases believing in propaganda making others great.
    It is not the case anymore.
    A friend of mine lived&worked in the Netherlands. His wife is pregnant, so they have started to check the social benefits they can get there - being not a refugee or citizens.
    The end result was, that they have packed the cases, and repatriated to the Polish-Belarussian border, because the social benefits are the same. The level of medical care is much better. Hospitals in the Netherlands are nice. Modern buildings with big windows and clean sheets. Only lacking the equipment and personnel Embarassed Laughing Twisted Evil
    Holland is described as a European paradise.
    Maybe.
    If you are a Negro from Mali.

GarryB, flamming_python and TMA1 like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:45 pm

TMA1 wrote:Why are so many fleeing to european nations PD? Doesnt seem the EU has benefitted the regular person so much.

More money, same as everyone else

It doesn't mean that people wear diapers to work

Also that tax crap was done one time 20 years ago to get our shitty ass car factory taken over by Fiat so that new government could look good, when subsequent government cut them off Fiat tried to bail which Soros crew tried to use as one of excuses​ for attempt at color revolution

They tried again with COVID, first they were rioting because government wasn't getting vaccines fast enough and was letting them die of COVID and later they tried rioting because government was implanting tracking chips in them via vaccines and secretly building 5G network

Our "nationalist" opposition regularly attends protests organized by Soros and are wholly funded by them, they will sing any tune that boss tells them to sing

None of these assholes ever had a job or served in the army but all are super hard core militaristic and all are driving latest German SUVs

Who is paying for this? Reminds you of anything?

Posers and pussies all of them​

GarryB, flamming_python and TMA1 like this post

littlerabbit
    littlerabbit

Post  littlerabbit Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:58 pm

@ Papa Dragon

Have you ever heard about South Korean "Jura" factory in Leskovac and workers complained about diapers?

Have you ever heard about some Italian and other factories which stayed in Serbia only for few years, just enough time for them to pick government's bonuses and use that tax free time to make a quick profit? After that, they usually close the gates and move on. What about Fiat factory in Kragujevac and horrific deal our government have made? Do you think it is a healthy economy?

What about Brussels agreement? What we got from that? Maybe you think it was 5:0 win for us?

What about stupid decisions and agreements all our governments was signing from the year 2000 till now?

I don't know, you tell me.

Btw, I'm not the opposition, I don't give a **** about our politicians in general.

Have you heard about the letter minister Lavrov recently sent to our minister Dacic?

What about the bill about the use of Serbian language and letter (ciryllic), we still don't have it in our own country?!

Who is printing our school books and where? Why our government put all our cadaster data on Croatian server...and our government wants to burn all the paper documents related to cadaster in Serbia? Is that normal for an independent, neutral country?

I'm deeply dissatisfied with our government's pussyfooting policies and with incompetent morons they put on some key positions in our country. Also, deeply dissatisfied with internal politics, including idiotic opposition parties, with the state of our military etc...

Is all of this a crap for you?

I have my opinion, you have yours.

Odin of Ossetia likes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:11 pm

Switch on your brain and think: did you ever see a photo of those workers in diapers?

It's a simplest thing in world to both prove and to fake

So where is it?

Just one photo, pants off, diapers out and smile for the camera

"Trust me, bro" isn't evidence and any moron can post comment on Facebook

When someone tries to bullshit me I at least expect them to put some effort into it otherwise they are just insulting my intelligence

Just because some illiterate old hag may fall for this shit doesn't mean effort went into it

You don't like situation with the military? Same politicians who are complaining about it in media are the ones who brought military in that situation in the first place back when they were in power but a lot of people are too stupid to check basic stuff and have memory of a gold fish

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:26 pm

Ohoho, Serbian civil war potential is growing Laughing

Take a beer on me folks and chill santa

littlerabbit likes this post

littlerabbit
    littlerabbit

Post  littlerabbit Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:38 pm

@ Papa Dragon

Actually, I saw a video with our workers, kneeling and bending in front of South Korean management...it was viral on the net, don't know how did you miss that.

I think I have already said that all our governments from the year of 2000 were horrible in all aspects (not only militarily, but everything) and conducted almost totally opposite to our national interest or neglected it.

As a matter a fact they all didn't come to power thanks to elections, but thanks to Western permission.

I was a participant on few elections way before 2012 and saw with my own eyes how votes were stolen and nobody cared a bit. They were all playing their parts, like in the theater.

sepheronx and Odin of Ossetia like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:21 pm

Post the video here, I'll give it a watch

Also, that's still no diapers
    littlerabbit
    littlerabbit

Post  littlerabbit Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:48 pm

Here it is, I finally founded it.

Check out the comment of a guy named MinSeop Leem, he's South Korean and he explained it all.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:08 am

Dang that's some humiliation ritual alright.
    Diapers wouldn't surprise me after that Twisted Evil

sepheronx likes this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:28 am

I'm pretty sure that's some sort of traditional thing for koreans and nothing disrespectful. Maybe a message to custormers or something like that to thank them.
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:43 pm

It could be something acceptable for Koreans.

In some cases the salesmen and shop owners bow to the customers (and they have as "hazing" only basically deep bows with your head on the ground and the hands up.

However this is absolutely not acceptable in European culture, including Serbia.

So they may have done something to please the Koreans, but basically they pissed off on their own culture.

What I mean here is that if it a gesture that is normal between Koreans, the same is not true for Europeans, and it is not respectful for their own country.

Just an anedocte now

At the time of late Roman Republic, it happened sometimes that the "Roman ambassadors" visiting foreign kings, especially in the middle east, were seen as impolite because they did not kneel to those kings and acted as they were in command. The issue is that they represented Rome and they could not seen as weak. Furthermore in their cases they were often former consuls with "Imperium" (i.e. promagistrate with the command of an army and sometimes a region) so they were not even allowed to lower themselves to please a potential ally.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:46 am

I suspect it has different meanings in the different cultures... in Asia it is a show of respect, while for westerners it is submission and surrender and subservience.

ALAMO likes this post

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:43 am

GarryB wrote:I suspect it has different meanings in the different cultures... in Asia it is a show of respect, while for westerners it is submission and surrender and subservience
    Yes, exactly.

However the people doing it are not Asian, and in some way they are representing their country, so the interpretation to be done to their action is the European one and not the Asian one.

ALAMO likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:48 am

A friend of mine works for LG.
    Some situations are mindblowing indeed, but as you guys said they are of cultural origin.
    They don't do it by purpose, it is a way they simply exist ...
    An example, all his Korean colleagues are here on rotations, so they are all alone. In most of the cases, they have nothing better t do rather than stay at the office or factory. It is a substitute for a lacking alternative. So that is why they need to be corrected that no, 22:00 is not a good hour to call anyone in business matters. Laughing And no, nobody will stay at the office after 17:00 because they are bored and need some entertainment Laughing Laughing

GarryB likes this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:48 pm

Its a fucking kowtow. Its humiliating even in the Asian context.

sepheronx, markgreven and flamming_python like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:32 pm

So basically a Korean thing in Korean company

Weird but ultimately pretty much nothing

Still​ much better than Serbian thing in Serbian company AKA working for months without being paid and when you can't do it anymore and you beg to finally get paid at least a little you get fired

Yes, that's how things are in "proud independent patriotic" Serbian business environment

Gonna take Koreans over that shit, pass then chopsticks and rice

Also, still nothing on the diapers which were the original point of argument here before topic got quickly changed

Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:02 pm

"15 years ago, our govenrnment made a law bill about those "bonuses" to foreign companies, tax free business for first few years, free energy, water, sewage connections etc...  confused

Our own private firms don't get those bonuses, only foreigners.  sniper

There were some serious critics in our media and public, but politicians didn't change their minds, so far.

We wasted too much money on that shit and still wasting every year.

In some foreign factories, our workers are forced to wear diapers, because they are not allowed to have a break for toilet during working hours. It was a big scandal few years ago...and nothing happened.  Shocked

You have to understand that my country is occupied by the West since the year of 2000. Some English reporters found out that in the last 20 years foreign bankers drained around 50 billion $ out of Serbia. Can't find those articles right now...but the fact is we don't have domestic banks any more, EU "doesn't allow" and our stupid elite are listening almost everything Brussels says. Some things they didn't do only because they were afraid they will end up in people's rage."

There is a similar situation in Poland, but in Poland's case this has been lasting not since 2000 but since the early 1990's.

Yes, literally the diaper situation and other things you mentioned.

Also, some businesses and factories were purchased by foreigners only to be closed, so in that way they eliminated their Polish competition.

On top of that, vast majority of the Polish businesses were purchased by the foreigners only for a fraction of their real market value.

Milosevic has significantly delayed the start of your enslavement period.

Milosevic is a much greater hero than many people think.

GarryB and TMA1 like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:26 am

Milosevic has significantly delayed the start of your enslavement period.

Milosevic is a much greater hero than many people think.

To be fair this is exactly what the west has done in Russia and other former eastern block countries and also what western countries did to their colonies around the world.

When the British first arrived in New Zealand the Maori ran most of the businesses and owned most of the land and were not interested in selling so the new arrivals had to rent and buy stuff from the Maori... the Maori were very successful so of course the increasing number of immigrants decided they should have a democratic vote and redistribute resources and land if you know what I mean...

We don't learn the details in school so most kiwis see many maori as bludgers always with their hands out but on paper they were the land owners and the business owners and could have been the rich in our society the way the rich in the west use money to stay rich and powerful land owners.

However the people doing it are not Asian, and in some way they are representing their country, so the interpretation to be done to their action is the European one and not the Asian one.

It is a delicate balance though... if you walked up to a native America and raised your palm and said "How Kimosabi..." you would likely get a punch in the face.

In comparison if you met a Maori on holiday and you said Kia Ora Bro they might think you were a Kiwi...

The Serbs bowing to Asians is Serbs using an Asian custom to show respect to the company and the people, so this is probably a storm in a teacup... of course if the management make them bow every time they are in their presence then it might be something else...
    Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:38 pm

Serbia refuses Russian fighter jets and will buy French Rafale, President Vucic said. According to him, it became impossible to service Russian MiG-29s, the last batch of which Serbia received in 2017, because of the sanctions imposed against the Russian Federation. "Practically nothing related to military purposes can be imported from Russia," the politician explained.

I wonder how soon Serbia will hand over its MiG-29s for the needs of Ukraine?
    Wink

flamming_python, kvs and Broski like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 pm