Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Politics and Government of Russia

    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 25277
    Points : 25823
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 22 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  GarryB on Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:08 pm

    Zhirinovsky is a hard anti west nationalist sort of guy.... I doubt he would be supporting foreign interests...

    It is probably more likely he has a few skeletons in his closet and it is easier to come out against it now and pretend when his dead bodies are found that it is just an attack on him for standing up for his colleague...

    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 5983
    Points : 6134
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 22 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:22 pm

    GarryB wrote:Zhirinovsky is a hard anti west nationalist sort of guy.... I doubt he would be supporting foreign interests...

    It is probably more likely he has a few skeletons in his closet and it is easier to come out against it now and pretend when his dead bodies are found that it is just an attack on him for standing up for his colleague...


    Last year it was exposed that his son has a huge mansion in Miami, FL or something like that around those lines.

    miketheterrible likes this post

    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 4560
    Points : 4538
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 22 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  miketheterrible on Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:09 pm

    He is an opportunist. Much like everyone else. He hates the west because he knows they would control him if he was buddies with them and he had power. But he also acts like a mafioso.  Yeah, his son obtain lots of money and I doubt through legitimate means. And yes, owns a mansion outside of Russia.  So he will do what he can to also protect his sons interest.

    No, Zhirinovsky isn't a US stooge. He is his own stooge. He at least does push for nationalism which I support. He is just a shitty leader.  LDPR could do wonders if it had a young and smart leader. Instead it has a loud mouth idiot who appeared in some kind of soft core porn back in the 90's. Now try to get that image out of your head.

    kvs likes this post

    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 5983
    Points : 6134
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 22 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:41 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:He is an opportunist. Much like everyone else. He hates the west because he knows they would control him if he was buddies with them and he had power. But he also acts like a mafioso.  Yeah, his son obtain lots of money and I doubt through legitimate means. And yes, owns a mansion outside of Russia.  So he will do what he can to also protect his sons interest.

    No, Zhirinovsky isn't a US stooge. He is his own stooge. He at least does push for nationalism which I support. He is just a shitty leader.  LDPR could do wonders if it had a young and smart leader. Instead it has a loud mouth idiot who appeared in some kind of soft core porn back in the 90's.  Now try to get that image out of your head.

    ZeroNoNothing is such a 'nationalist' that he wanted to concede to Japan and advocated to start selling the Kurille Islands back to Japan. Because of Russian ownership of the Kurille Islands, Russia won a bid at the United Nations which acknowledged the Sea of Okhotsk as an exclusive economic zone of the Federation. Had ZeroNoNothing had his way (his island selling scheme predated the successful judgement) Russia would be fighting Japan on who could do what in the Sea of Okhotsk (with US backing no doubt).

    Putin is to de Gaulle as ZeroNoNothing is to Marshall Petain. Zero represents pseudo-patriotism, the type that makes you subservient to foreign powers, the same kind Boris Yeltsin and Donald Trump subscribes to.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 4560
    Points : 4538
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 22 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  miketheterrible on Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:44 pm

    I don't know about that. I seem to recall his live debates where he would be screaming about the notion of selling the islands. Maybe at one point he suggested it. But on channel1 he sure didn't.
    The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

    Posts : 727
    Points : 769
    Join date : 2017-09-18
    Location : Soviet Interdimentional Command

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 22 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  The-thing-next-door on Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:53 am

    Isn't Zhirinovsky always the first to complain about Russia not taking military action against the west (not a good idea right now but certainly not a treasonous suggestion).

    Does he care about his son at all? If I had a son who went to live in pindostan, I would disown him.

    miketheterrible likes this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9235
    Points : 9317
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 22 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:37 am

    The-thing-next-door wrote:Isn't Zhirinovsky always the first to complain about Russia not taking military action against the west (not a good idea right now but certainly not a treasonous suggestion)...

    Loudest nationalists are always biggest pussies

    Our latest viral nationalist for example is a fucking draft dodger who works for Soros



    The-thing-next-door wrote:
    Does he care about his son at all? If I had a son who went to live in pindostan, I would disown him.

    Why on Earth would he disown his plan B?

    The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

    Posts : 727
    Points : 769
    Join date : 2017-09-18
    Location : Soviet Interdimentional Command

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 22 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  The-thing-next-door on Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:59 pm

    Well if all this is true then Russia needs a new nationalist candidate....

    What are the chances, if any that I could run for Russian president?
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 4560
    Points : 4538
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 22 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  miketheterrible on Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:43 pm

    Most nationalists run for the United Russia party because they have the best chances. Now they get a lot of younger people too.

    LDPR also gets young people too. It is Communist party that gets either old people or those I dont consider people (wannabe commies).
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 4560
    Points : 4538
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 22 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  miketheterrible Yesterday at 4:00 pm

    A big blow to the
    @StateDept
    ’s quest to “change the regime” in Russia.

    From August 3, it will be impossible to add cash to unidentified e-wallets in Russia. According to the new rules, if the customer has not been identified, they can only deposit funds using a bank account.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/O_Rich_/status/1290309536750817282?cxt=HHwWhMCmxf7rjOgjAAAA

    Werewolf and kvs like this post

    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 6349
    Points : 6486
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 22 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  kvs Yesterday at 6:07 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:A big blow to the
    @StateDept
    ’s quest to “change the regime” in Russia.

    From August 3, it will be impossible to add cash to unidentified e-wallets in Russia. According to the new rules, if the customer has not been identified, they can only deposit funds using a bank account.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/O_Rich_/status/1290309536750817282?cxt=HHwWhMCmxf7rjOgjAAAA

    This sort illicit funds control should have been implemented earlier. The government and legislators are always years behind the curve.
    Since we are dealing with the prime national security issue, they need to get their ignorant asses in gear.

    miketheterrible likes this post


    Sponsored content

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 22 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:12 am