Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Politics and Government of Russia

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9239
    Points : 9321
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:13 pm

    flamming_python wrote:......
    My thoughts exactly

    Russia is adopting the system of the West, a toothless president, a toothless parliament, and the grey cardinals, intelligence and other establishment holding levers of pressure if not reigns.

    Smart move, it has proven to be most efficient approach

    Russia has been using Reagan's playbook to get herself back on her feet and into decent shape so building deep state system is next logical step

    Stick with what works


    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 4988
    Points : 5016
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:35 pm

    Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
    he could be. Dyumin had anyway at least another year and half in his term as Governor of Tula until end of 2021. We will see what happens after that. Maybe he could stay for one year or so as deputy first minister or deputy foreign minister to gain experience in other areas before replacing the prime minister sometimes in 2023, and putin could leave a few months earlier than the actual end of his mandate in order to put him as his successor and giving him more chances during the elections.

    Ot maybe dyumin will just serve as a competent sidekick and the proposed Putin replacement will come as a complete surprise.


    Putin is a colonel, Dyumin a general so appointment of Dyumin seems to be natural lol1 lol1 lol1 Uncle Vova as an experienced strategist unlikely unveils his aces up in his sleeves. Like Medvedev - did the dirty job to be disliked, until current action was prepared and people ready for coming reforms.




    Kudrin did not receive offers to join the new government

    https://tass.ru/ekonomika/7538219


    lol1 lol1 lol1



    flamming_python
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3906
    Points : 3992
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  flamming_python on Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:19 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:......
    My thoughts exactly

    Russia is adopting the system of the West, a toothless president, a toothless parliament, and the grey cardinals, intelligence and other establishment holding levers of pressure if not reigns.

    Smart move, it has proven to be most efficient approach

    Russia has been using Reagan's playbook to get herself back on her feet and into decent shape so building deep state system is next logical step

    Stick with what works



    The problem is that such systems will stagnate and be resistant to change

    Like the Soviet Poliburou, and today's American deep state - they're stuck on autopilot

    If Yeltsin and the Oligarchs had succeeded in building up such a system, Putin would have remained the figure he had been from 2000-2002, and never would have been able to shake up the system and get rid of the corrupt old guard.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9239
    Points : 9321
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:24 pm


    Yeltsin and his gang failed to build that system precisely because they were corrupt

    It worked in USA for nearly a century before it started cracking so if Russia implements it she will be covered for quite a while

    What should be done afterwards is a question for much later time, for now what matters is that Russia secures herself while demographic changes in USA and Europe take hold over next several decades which will create much safer environment for Russia and deflect problems originating from USA and Europe towards areas other than Russia

    This will create much more favorable global environment

    And there is always the fact that Russia will have luxury of being able to observe mistakes of others before they make same ones themselves and adapt accordingly



    avatar
    calripson

    Posts : 252
    Points : 281
    Join date : 2013-10-26

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  calripson on Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:14 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:......
    My thoughts exactly

    Russia is adopting the system of the West, a toothless president, a toothless parliament, and the grey cardinals, intelligence and other establishment holding levers of pressure if not reigns.

    Smart move, it has proven to be most efficient approach

    Russia has been using Reagan's playbook to get herself back on her feet and into decent shape so building deep state system is next logical step

    Stick with what works



    The problem is that such systems will stagnate and be resistant to change

    You should read the neocons favorite philosopher Leo Strauss. The US Deep State is an operational bureaucracy that does the bidding of the real powers that be. Ultimate control rests with the creators of the global financial system.

    Like the Soviet Poliburou, and today's American deep state - they're stuck on autopilot

    If Yeltsin and the Oligarchs had succeeded in building up such a system, Putin would have remained the figure he had been from 2000-2002, and never would have been able to shake up the system and get rid of the corrupt old guard.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 4571
    Points : 4549
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  miketheterrible on Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:40 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:......
    My thoughts exactly

    Russia is adopting the system of the West, a toothless president, a toothless parliament, and the grey cardinals, intelligence and other establishment holding levers of pressure if not reigns.

    Smart move, it has proven to be most efficient approach

    Russia has been using Reagan's playbook to get herself back on her feet and into decent shape so building deep state system is next logical step

    Stick with what works



    The problem is that such systems will stagnate and be resistant to change

    Like the Soviet Poliburou, and today's American deep state - they're stuck on autopilot

    If Yeltsin and the Oligarchs had succeeded in building up such a system, Putin would have remained the figure he had been from 2000-2002, and never would have been able to shake up the system and get rid of the corrupt old guard.

    Its a shit ton better than having a personality cult around a single individual to run the country. It ended up becoming a problem where the country stagnates unless the single individual acts - something where a lot of these other politicians need to be accounted for.

    In theory, this is supposed to help fix that.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

    Posts : 4169
    Points : 4165
    Join date : 2016-08-15
    Location : AZ, USA

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  Tsavo Lion on Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:03 am

    With Reshuffle at the Top, the Kremlin Consolidates Russia
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 1999
    Points : 2001
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  Big_Gazza on Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:26 am

    Tsavo Lion wrote:With Reshuffle at the Top, the Kremlin Consolidates Russia

    Hmm..

    "The Kremlin entirely controls the legislature as well as the rigged election process."

    Smells like vintage Pavel Felgenhauer to me. What a 5th columnist little censored
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 6378
    Points : 6515
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  kvs on Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:42 am

    The usual brain dead newspeak and newthink. The Kremlin is run by Putin who happens to be popularly elected. This drivel
    should be recasts as "Washington has consolidated its control of the USA". It is that retarded.

    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 4988
    Points : 5016
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:33 pm

    kvs wrote:The usual brain dead newspeak and newthink.   The Kremlin is run by Putin who happens to be popularly elected.   This drivel
    should be recasts as "Washington has consolidated its control of the USA".   It is that retarded.


    or Masha Gessen (lesbian, Jewish and pro western liberal - kinda of perfect Russian to Democrats ;-). She says - Putin killed already dead democracy.


    In other words, Putin formally looked like he was proposing to democratize Russia. But this version contrasts sharply with the history of Putin’s rule. And this story is marked by the destruction of the excellent Russian electoral system that operated in the nineties, the enslavement of the media and the arrests of an increasing number of people for political reasons. And in fact, the outward brilliance of democratization faded as Putin actually described his proposed reforms. Putin announced that Russia in the future will not even pretend to comply with international law or to comply with decisions imposing billions of fines on international courts. The highest judicial power, at the suggestion of Putin, is now transferred to the Russian Constitutional Court and the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation (the highest court of appeal). In this case, as I understand it, the president will be able to influence the composition of these courts. He, I was told, will now be able to fire judges.

    https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/the-willful-ambiguity-of-putins-latest-power-grab


    of course because court in NYC or Tel-aviv or London can rule Russia then is democratic? got it
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 4571
    Points : 4549
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  miketheterrible on Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:00 pm

    what has happened to this site? Are we just going to post cheap propaganda? I mean, I know its Tsavo and Austin that keeps posting such shit articles but jesus christ.
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 6378
    Points : 6515
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  kvs on Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:07 pm

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    kvs wrote:The usual brain dead newspeak and newthink.   The Kremlin is run by Putin who happens to be popularly elected.   This drivel
    should be recasts as "Washington has consolidated its control of the USA".   It is that retarded.


    or Masha Gessen (lesbian, Jewish and pro western liberal - kinda of perfect Russian to Democrats ;-). She says - Putin killed already dead democracy.


    In other words, Putin formally looked like he was proposing to democratize Russia. But this version contrasts sharply with the history of Putin’s rule. And this story is marked by the destruction of the excellent Russian electoral system that operated in the nineties, the enslavement of the media and the arrests of an increasing number of people for political reasons. And in fact, the outward brilliance of democratization faded as Putin actually described his proposed reforms. Putin announced that Russia in the future will not even pretend to comply with international law or to comply with decisions imposing billions of fines on international courts. The highest judicial power, at the suggestion of Putin, is now transferred to the Russian Constitutional Court and the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation (the highest court of appeal). In this case, as I understand it, the president will be able to influence the composition of these courts. He, I was told, will now be able to fire judges.

    https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/the-willful-ambiguity-of-putins-latest-power-grab


    of course because court in NYC or Tel-aviv or London can rule Russia then is democratic? got it

    Thick and rich and bloody hypocrisy. The US legal system does not subordinate itself to "international law and institutions". Neither does the UK legal system aside from
    EU integration. Yeltsin the comprador made ridiculous provisions for subservience to the NATO west in the Russian constitution which he rammed through at the point
    of tank guns in 1993. Finally, Putin has corrected this historical injustice. Praise be to Putin.

    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

    Posts : 4169
    Points : 4165
    Join date : 2016-08-15
    Location : AZ, USA

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  Tsavo Lion on Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:04 pm

    Amen! As the supreme leader behind the scenes after 2024, he'll groom his successor.
    At least it's not like what Xi Jinping got for himself- who now he can be officially a ruler for life, like Mao was.
    All of this isn't surprising: Russia & China r both parts of the former Mongol Empire that now complement each other in myriad ways.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 25311
    Points : 25857
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  GarryB on Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:13 am

    "The Kremlin entirely controls the legislature as well as the rigged election process."

    The DNC admitted that their election was rigged against Sanders so Clinton was put forward as the official DNC candidate so in fact the only election process I know of that is clearly and blatantly rigged is the US elections but nothing was done about it... no one went to jail... there were no issues with that... the focus was on Trump and how he stole the election from a woman who should not have been allowed to stand in the first place...
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 4988
    Points : 5016
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:47 am

    Tsavo Lion wrote:Amen! As the supreme leader behind the scenes after 2024, he'll groom his successor.
    At least it's not like what Xi Jinping got for himself- who now he can be officially a ruler for life, like Mao was.
    All of this isn't surprising: Russia & China r both parts of the former Mongol Empire that now complement each other in myriad ways.

    True, as with US and the 3rd Reich. They both refer to Roman Empire traditions. Capitol, Senate, horse level senators, 1000 years of existence, exclusivity and right to subordinate other nations. Desire to dominate and destroy for Russia. Even military helmets are alike.

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 41jOni6RB0L._SX466_4

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Ss-plane-tree-camo-helmet-cover


    Only US dropped the Roman salute for some reason Suspect Suspect Suspect
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

    Posts : 4169
    Points : 4165
    Join date : 2016-08-15
    Location : AZ, USA

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  Tsavo Lion on Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:52 pm

    Most of the US Whites r of German descent, & the Indian reservations were the 1st concentration camps. In WWII, it was Germans & mostly ethnic Germans killing each other to prolong the British Empire (which Hitler admired) after Germany & her allies failed to take Moscow & Japan didn't dare to break her neutrality with the USSR in the FE.
    Now the US is getting ready to directly confront Russia along its perimeter. But they will fail like Turkey, Sweden, England, Poland, France, & Germany before them.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 4988
    Points : 5016
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:16 am

    Not sure if this is nto economical too, but IMHO very important politic-wise news:

    https://www.rbc.ru/economics/22/01/2020/5e276e679a7947b923757001

    Mishustin's cabinet received an economic ideologist from the Kremlin


    Will the government abandon the “no money” thesis to boost GDP growth
    Rearrangements in the financial and economic bloc of the government indicate a change in priorities - the theme of controlling budget spending gives way to stimulating GDP growth. But experts do not advise waiting from the cabinet for a sharp increase in costs


    The financial and economic bloc in the new government of Mikhail Mishustin has undergone radical changes, and the most important of them is the appointment of Andrei Belousov, First Deputy Prime Minister, who has served as president’s assistant for economics for more than six years. Former First Deputy Prime Minister Anton Siluanov agreed to a formal demotion, retaining the post of Minister of Finance.

    Belousov is a professional economist, who is usually referred to as conductors, that is, to supporters of active state intervention in the economy. Belousov’s figure is associated with the idea of ​​boosting national projects and their active state financing, says Dmitry Dolgin, chief economist at ING for Russia and the CIS. “Probably, the intensity of spending underexplored budget expenditures that have accumulated in the region of 1% of GDP, and the implementation of national projects will accelerate,” he suggested.

    In 2019, the federal budget was not implemented by 5.8%, or more than 1.1 trillion rubles, which was the maximum deviation from the planned amount of expenditures since 2007. Including national projects did not have time to spend about 150 billion rubles. The new prime minister has already said that the work on national projects will be “forced” - Belousov’s task will be to prevent the Ministry of Finance from blocking the allocation of funds for these purposes (something that could be easily done when the positions of the Minister of Finance and the First Deputy Prime Minister were combined Siluanov), says Tom Adced, Macro Advisory Research Director for Moscow.

    The previous government was associated with anti-crisis policies, fiscal consolidation, the restoration of reserves and increased taxes amid falling oil prices and sanctions, as well as the unpopular pension reform that affected its ratings, Renaissance Capital notes. The new cabinet will, on the contrary, be associated with supporting economic growth, implementing national projects and social initiatives from a recent message from President Vladimir Putin, an investment bank writes in a review.


    {}

    According to various estimates, the implementation of the announced measures will require an additional 300 billion to 500 billion rubles. only in 2020. Petr Sidorov, an economist at Deutsche Bank, agrees that under the new government, the risk of such a significant under-utilization of budget funds as in 2019 will decrease, and Renaissance Capital sees the prospects of "limited budget incentives."

    It will probably not be necessary to change the design of the budget rule (sets the marginal cost of the budget, excess oil revenues more than $ 42.4 per barrel are allocated to reserves) in order to finance the president’s costly social initiatives at a level of about 0.5% of GDP per year - I have already spoken about this Siluanov. The reserves are planned to be found in a spending closer to 100% of the budgeted appropriations and the redistribution of expenses from lower priority to social. In addition, you can spend more money from the National Wealth Fund (NWF) within the limits allowed by law (NWF investments are not formally considered as expenses, and therefore are not bound by the budget rule. - RBC ), says Oleg Shibanov, NES professor of finance.


    Подробнее на РБК:
    https://www.rbc.ru/economics/22/01/2020/5e276e679a7947b923757001


    finally 1.1 T Rub surplus and social programmes underfunded time seems to be over. look at RBC commentator:
    in order to finance the president’s costly social initiatives at a level of about 0.5% of GDP per year

    +++
    the implementation of the announced measures will require an additional 300 billion to 500 billion rubles. only in 2020

    whe budget has surplus of 1.1 trillion Rub?! WTF








    Tsavo Lion wrote:
    Now the US is getting ready to directly confront Russia along its perimeter. But they will fail like Turkey, Sweden, England, Poland, France, & Germany before them.

    Pity Tramp & his interest group is about to be kicked out by democrats's deep state, with people li,ke him some reasonable compromise could be achieved.
    avatar
    Azi

    Posts : 419
    Points : 415
    Join date : 2016-04-05

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  Azi on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:12 am

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    Tsavo Lion wrote:Amen! As the supreme leader behind the scenes after 2024, he'll groom his successor.
    At least it's not like what Xi Jinping got for himself- who now he can be officially a ruler for life, like Mao was.
    All of this isn't surprising: Russia & China r both parts of the former Mongol Empire that now complement each other in myriad ways.

    True, as with  US and the 3rd Reich. They both  refer to Roman Empire traditions. Capitol,  Senate, horse level senators, 1000 years of existence, exclusivity and right to subordinate other nations. Desire to dominate and destroy for Russia. Even military helmets are alike.

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 41jOni6RB0L._SX466_4

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Ss-plane-tree-camo-helmet-cover


    Only US dropped the  Roman salute for some reason Suspect Suspect Suspect
    BULLSHIT!

    The M1 helmet of the US-Army during WW2 looked complete different. The "new" helmet appeared during 80ies, exactly mid of 80ies. The "new" helmet is known as PASGT helmet .

    During WW2 the german helmet was more or less the most ergonomic, that's why ALL new helmets look mor or less like the old german helmet. The new russian helmets don't look so much different compared with new US Army helmet.

    ---

    The symbolic of USA is based on the symbolic of roman empire, because it was the only democratic empire in history. And after breaking from UK the whole selfimage of USA is based on their republic democracy. That's why they have a capitol and a senate etc...

    Real successors of the roman empire are...

    - Russia! It's the political and cultural successor of the byzantine empire.
    - Germany! Because the "holy roman empire of german nation" was the political successor to western roman empire.
    - Italy! It is the cultural successor to the roman empire and the land itself is the birthplace of roman empire. Rome is capital of Italy!!!
    avatar
    Azi

    Posts : 419
    Points : 415
    Join date : 2016-04-05

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  Azi on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:25 am

    Tsavo Lion wrote:Most of the US Whites r of German descent, & the Indian reservations were the 1st concentration camps. In WWII, it was Germans & mostly ethnic Germans killing each other to prolong the British Empire (which Hitler admired) after Germany & her allies failed to take Moscow & Japan didn't dare to break her neutrality with the USSR in the FE.
    Now the US is getting ready to directly confront Russia along its perimeter. But they will fail like Turkey, Sweden, England, Poland, France, & Germany before them.
    So all germans are NAZIs? They can only build concentration camps? That is the point of your posting???

    By the way I'm half german and half serbian...never built or worked in a concentration camp!

    Yes, most americans are of german origin, because most were really poor people and religiously persecuted. But they were not influential in the first decades of independant USA. Same for Irish, Russians, Italians etc.

    The political and legal system is...British! The symbolic is roman, that's true...but the legal system with jurors etc. is 100 % british! The political system with upper house and lower house is...100 % british. Only the presidency is a bit different to UK.

    By the way...USA became a superpower during WW1, when british rich people feared for their money and transacted nearly everything to a country with same culture, same language, same legal system...USA. Europeans made USA a superpower, at the time as they crushed each others head in a stupid war.
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 6378
    Points : 6515
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  kvs on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:28 am

    "Completely rigged". LOL. When Russians vote for MPs it is "rigged", when NATzO residents do it then it is "proof" of the highest
    form of democracy. Only NATzO retards can swallow such shit without gagging.

    avatar
    Azi

    Posts : 419
    Points : 415
    Join date : 2016-04-05

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  Azi on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:44 am

    kvs wrote:"Completely rigged".  LOL.  When Russians vote for MPs it is "rigged", when NATzO residents do it then it is "proof" of the highest
    form of democracy.   Only NATzO retards can swallow such shit without gagging.

    But who takes us american bullshit serious??? When I see parts of this idiotic impeachment...I can't eat that much how i want to puke!!! They not only say that Russia is an adversary (would be fair), they say Russia is an ENEMY...from rhetorical view they are at war with Russia. And they say american interest are defended in Ukraine. And after words sometimes bombs follows.

    No citizen in western and middle europe take a single word from USA serious! From a great country the USA developed to a hysterical, paranoid, desolat SHITHOLE! They try to blackmail in an aggressive way european countries now, for example during the hot time of Soleimani killing, because europeans don't supported USA that much.

    I hope they destroy their country political soon! The impeachment is a part of this self destruction process.

    Russia did everything right with administration!!! The economic harvest from reforms for the people will begin soon.thumbsup In Russia the administration cares for their people, the USA cares only for billionaires.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

    Posts : 4169
    Points : 4165
    Join date : 2016-08-15
    Location : AZ, USA

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  Tsavo Lion on Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:08 am

    The symbolic of USA is based on the symbolic of roman empire, because it was the only democratic empire in history.
    To be more precise, it was a plutocratic empire. True democracy & empires which put & held together by force don't mix. The tiny state San Marino on the Apennine Peninsula is more democratic than Italy.

    So all germans are NAZIs? They can only build concentration camps? That is the point of your posting???
    No, but combined with Ango-Saxons in USA they instituted racist policies of slavery & the Manifest Destiny to justify their treatment of Africans, Natives, Mexicans, Hawaiians & later Philippinos.
    PhSt
    PhSt

    Posts : 219
    Points : 225
    Join date : 2019-04-02

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  PhSt on Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:06 am


    Ah Yes now is the time to dig up dirt and throw around corruption allegations against the New Russian prime minister Laughing



    New Russian PM’s Sister Owns $14M in Hidden Real Estate – BBC

    Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin’s sister owns luxury real estate in and outside Moscow currently valued at 900 million rubles ($14.3 million), BBC Russia reported Thursday, citing a classified tax database.

    Mishustin and his family were thrust into the spotlight after the former tax chief’s surprise appointment as head of Russia’s government last week. Critics questioned how his wife came to earn $12.5 million without any known business interests, while news outlets reported that the couple may be hiding their own elite real estate.

    Natalya Stenina, 49, is listed as the owner of an expensive apartment in a southwestern Moscow gated community called Knightsbridge Private Park, according to BBC Russia. Its current asking price stands at 180 million rubles ($2.8 million), which the outlet reports has barely changed since she purchased it in summer 2018.

    BBC Russia said it established Stenina’s ownership through an internal Federal Tax Service database provided by an unnamed source with access to Russians’ personal data. It noted that publicly available property documents show that the 170-square-meter apartment is owned by the “Russian Federation.”

    Additionally, Stenina reportedly owns a two-story house in another gated community built by prominent businessman and President Vladimir Putin ally Aras Agalarov in the Moscow region’s prestigious Istra district. The house’s current asking price, which she reportedly purchased in 2014, stands at 370 million rubles ($5.9 million).

    Stenina’s third alleged property stands in another prestigious Moscow suburb of Rublyovka, where Russian media had located the Mishustins’ own house. The current asking price for Stenina’s two houses occupying 1.3 hectares of land, according to BBC Russia, stands at 350 million rubles ($5.6 million).

    Stenina’s only known asset appears to be a building in central Moscow where a restaurant she co-owned stood before going out of business in 2019, BBC Russia reported. Her only work experience is a stint at Russia’s flagship airline Aeroflot in the early 2000s, the broadcaster cited its source as saying.

    Stenina did not respond to BBC Russia’s requests for comment on social media. The government press service did not respond to requests for comment either.

    Russia’s Supreme Court in 2017 allowed the Federal Registration Service, which Mishustin headed in 2004-2006, to classify the names of property owners.
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 6378
    Points : 6515
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  kvs on Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:41 am

    A likely story. Laughing

    As if such information is sitting there for the BBC to find. So we have two possibilities:

    1) BBC is making this BS up.

    2) Every member of the Russian government has been fully investigated with kompromat sitting on the shelf
    ready to use at the right time.

    Occam's Razor says (1) is vastly more likely.

    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 4571
    Points : 4549
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  miketheterrible on Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:11 am

    His sister can own mars for anyone cares
    She isn't the politician, her brother is.

    Or should we all dig into each and every senator of the US and what they or their family owns?

    It would make this sister blush.

    Sponsored content

    Politics and Government of Russia - Page 20 Empty Re: Politics and Government of Russia

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:37 pm