Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+30
xeno
JohninMK
medo
Rodion_Romanovic
Odin of Ossetia
AlfaT8
Isos
PapaDragon
magnumcromagnon
0nillie0
littlerabbit
Cyberspec
miketheterrible
GarryB
d_taddei2
franco
Werewolf
Mike E
cheesfactory
kvs
galicije83
George1
Battalion0415
Viktor
fredleander
Aleksandar_Nevski
Admin
Vladislav
Turk1
Jelena
34 posters

    Serbian Armed Forces

    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 7324
    Points : 7473
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:33 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Is that Lazar-3 in the back equipped with 30mm gun station from BTR-82A or am I seeing things?

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 71011_269624065_IMG_9803


    Looks like it. I wonder if they can learn from the 30mm RWS working experience, and perhaps they could develop a domestic RWS utilizing the Bofors 40mm? Perhaps they could develop a autocannon SHORAD like this.

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11467
    Points : 11537
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  PapaDragon Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:23 pm


    So it would mean that our guys were doing some additional shopping in Russia

    I like it thumbsup
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11467
    Points : 11537
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  PapaDragon Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:46 pm


    Joint Police/Military exercise ''Response 2021'' from yesterday

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 And_4246_1618300265

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Ban_8704_1618665192

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 6_1618300236

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Ban_8718_1618664863

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Ban_8714_1618665192

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Ban_9058_1618665192

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Dsc_0060_1618665192

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 01_1618653034

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 08_1618653180

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 And_5196_1618645832

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Ban_8198_1618655064

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Ban_8373_1618655064

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Ban_8784_1618664864

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Ban_8820_1618664864

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Gst_1181_1618666180

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Ban_8829_1618664864

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Ban_8837_1618664865

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Ban_9008_1618664867

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Ban_9093_1618664906

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Ban_8316_1618661849

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Ban_8351_1618661874

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Ban_8383_1618661918

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Ban_8442_1618661940

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 06_1618653888

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 And_5121_1618645569

    GarryB and George1 like this post

    littlerabbit
    littlerabbit

    Posts : 137
    Points : 137
    Join date : 2017-07-03
    Location : Serbia

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  littlerabbit Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:11 pm


    I've heard some rumors...apparently we will soon receive at least 2 more Pantsir S1 and 3 FK-3 batteries, maybe some before the end of this year.

    I don't know about truthfulness of these rumors, though... dunno
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11467
    Points : 11537
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  PapaDragon Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:35 am

    littlerabbit wrote:
    I've heard some rumors...apparently we will soon receive at least 2 more Pantsir S1 and 3 FK-3 batteries, maybe some before the end of this year.

    I don't know about truthfulness of these rumors, though... dunno

    Well I certainly hope so because current number can only be described as starter package

    As for FK-3 I didn't know we even received the first ones, did we? I didn't see any

    Pretty much everything we bought lately could do another batch (Pantsirs, Eurocopters, Mi-8s, Mi-35s, etc...)

    I know cops are getting 3 Super Pumas so they could stop mooching off military every time they need to move something bigger than a backpack around

    Plus at some point we will have to buy something from Americans​ before they start getting their panties in a bunch but other than Red Hawks I can't figure out what, everything we could need from them we either make ourselves or Israelis make much better ones than USA...

    Some C-130s maybe (do we even need those?)

    I just don't know...



    littlerabbit
    littlerabbit

    Posts : 137
    Points : 137
    Join date : 2017-07-03
    Location : Serbia

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  littlerabbit Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:34 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    littlerabbit wrote:
    I've heard some rumors...apparently we will soon receive at least 2 more Pantsir S1 and 3 FK-3 batteries, maybe some before the end of this year.

    I don't know about truthfulness of these rumors, though...  dunno

    Well I certainly hope so because current number can only be described as starter package

    As for FK-3 I didn't know we even received the first ones, did we? I didn't see any

    Pretty much everything we bought lately could do another batch (Pantsirs, Eurocopters, Mi-8s, Mi-35s, etc...)

    I know cops are getting 3 Super Pumas so they could stop mooching off military every time they need to move something bigger than a backpack around

    Plus at some point we will have to buy something from Americans​ before they start getting their panties in a bunch but other than Red Hawks I can't figure out what, everything we could need from them we either make ourselves or Israelis make much better ones than USA...

    Some C-130s maybe (do we even need those?)


    I just don't know...





    Actually, our government did a rebalance of MOD budget for additional 400 million of USD, for this year. That means we will buy weapons worth of more than 610 million USD, this year alone. MOD budget have risen to almost 1.4 billion USD, for 2021.

    As I understood, they are talking about more MI-35M's (4-6 at least), maybe more H-145 and who knows what else.

    There are even some rumors about buying French Ground Master radars...

    Last 9 days more than 10 transport planes came from Russia and Belarus, with 2 MIG-29's, 20 BRDM-2M's and maybe 19 tanks T-72 BMS. Planes are still arriving, every day.

    Also, our factories will make 24 LAZAR 3's, 20 MILOS-16's and 12 NORA B-52's for our army, this year.

    FK-3 is still not here, it's supposed to arrive at the end of this or through the next year. Some government people are also talking about additional 2 Pantsir S1 batteries, maybe even 1 additional AN-26, but who knows what is the truth.  

    That's all I have found out.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11467
    Points : 11537
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  PapaDragon Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:11 am

    littlerabbit wrote:....Actually, our government did a rebalance of MOD budget for additional 400 million of USD, for this year. That means we will buy weapons worth of more than 610 million USD, this year alone. MOD budget have risen to almost 1.4 billion USD, for 2021.

    As I understood, they are talking about more MI-35M's (4-6 at least), maybe more H-145 and who knows what else.

    There are even some rumors about buying French Ground Master radars...

    Last 9 days more than 10 transport planes came from Russia and Belarus, with 2 MIG-29's, 20 BRDM-2M's and maybe 19 tanks T-72 BMS. Planes are still arriving, every day.

    Also, our factories will make 24 LAZAR 3's, 20 MILOS-16's and 12 NORA B-52's for our army, this year.

    FK-3 is still not here, it's supposed to arrive at the end of this or through the next year. Some government people are also talking about additional 2 Pantsir S1 batteries, maybe even 1 additional AN-26, but who knows what is the truth.  

    That's all I have found out.

    I went over some more rumours (I emphasise rumours because nothing is ever confirmed) and here's the general list:

    Russia: Choppers and tanks like you said, other stuff probably

    China: FK-3

    France: Super Puma helicopters (plus more H-145 they are sort of French), radars, MICA AA system

    Turkey: Baryaktar drones

    USA: Armoured vehicles, radars, ''various equipment'' (no idea what they mean by this)

    Israel: Recon equipment

    Ireland: Spare parts (engines probably)


    Source is not exactly top grade but it's all I found: https://www.republika.rs/vesti/drustvo/273477/saznajemo-stizu-pume-dronovi-francuske-rakete-nove-isporuke-oruzja-opreme-vojsku-srbije





    littlerabbit and Finty like this post

    littlerabbit
    littlerabbit

    Posts : 137
    Points : 137
    Join date : 2017-07-03
    Location : Serbia

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  littlerabbit Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:06 pm

    Just  hoping there won't be too many "political acquisitions".  

    We need good stuff for our money and we need a lot of it.

    Yugo90 likes this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11467
    Points : 11537
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  PapaDragon Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:45 am

    littlerabbit wrote:Just  hoping there won't be too many "political acquisitions".  

    We need good stuff for our money and we need a lot of it.

    If these rumours are true then ''political acquisitions'' will not be an issue because this is a good spread and it's the stuff we do need

    And it looks like we finally are getting local production in gear, massive improvement over disaster from before

    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 7324
    Points : 7473
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:42 am

    As far as political acquisitions go Serbian artillery is being tested in the US, if the actual sales go through to Uncle Sham then you know what exactly comes next.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11467
    Points : 11537
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  PapaDragon Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:52 am

    magnumcromagnon wrote:As far as political acquisitions go Serbian artillery is being tested in the US, if the actual sales go through to Uncle Sham then you know what exactly comes next.

    Yes

    Money
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 7324
    Points : 7473
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:54 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:As far as political acquisitions go Serbian artillery is being tested in the US, if the actual sales go through to Uncle Sham then you know what exactly comes next.

    Yes

    Money

    And political strings attached.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11467
    Points : 11537
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  PapaDragon Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:59 am

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:As far as political acquisitions go Serbian artillery is being tested in the US, if the actual sales go through to Uncle Sham then you know what exactly comes next.

    Yes

    Money

    And political strings attached.

    Americans don't buy things to get political strings attached, they sell you things to get it like in case of Saudis of get them free of charge like in case of Russia until recently


    littlerabbit
    littlerabbit

    Posts : 137
    Points : 137
    Join date : 2017-07-03
    Location : Serbia

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  littlerabbit Tue May 11, 2021 8:36 pm

    It seems our AD officers have finished their training in China and had a shooting exercise with new FK-3 system. That means we will get it really soon.  Cool

    Link:

    http://baijiahao.baidu.com/s?id=1695770302918511434&wfr=spider&for=pc
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11467
    Points : 11537
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  PapaDragon Wed May 12, 2021 4:18 am

    littlerabbit wrote:It seems our AD officers have finished their training in China and had a shooting exercise with new FK-3 system. That means we will get it really soon.  Cool

    Link:

    http://baijiahao.baidu.com/s?id=1695770302918511434&wfr=spider&for=pc

    Good news thumbsup

    I'll take your word for it because my phone almost committed sepuku when I tried opening that link affraid
    littlerabbit
    littlerabbit

    Posts : 137
    Points : 137
    Join date : 2017-07-03
    Location : Serbia

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  littlerabbit Wed May 12, 2021 3:03 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    littlerabbit wrote:It seems our AD officers have finished their training in China and had a shooting exercise with new FK-3 system. That means we will get it really soon.  Cool

    Link:

    http://baijiahao.baidu.com/s?id=1695770302918511434&wfr=spider&for=pc

    Good news thumbsup

    I'll take your word for it because my phone almost committed sepuku when I tried opening that link affraid


    I've opened it on my PC. It's all on Chinese, but google translate did a good job. respekt
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 7892
    Points : 7876
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  Isos Wed May 12, 2021 4:01 pm

    Are they satisfied with its capabilities ? It's based on the old s-75 system.
    littlerabbit
    littlerabbit

    Posts : 137
    Points : 137
    Join date : 2017-07-03
    Location : Serbia

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  littlerabbit Wed May 12, 2021 6:08 pm

    Isos wrote:Are they satisfied with its capabilities ? It's based on the old s-75 system.

    I believe they are quite satisfied, that is the most advanced AD system we will have, besides Pantsir.

    By the way, we will receive 2 more Pantsir batteries, probably till the end of this year.

    With 3 FK-3 batteries, that will be it, for a while.

    We will probaly receive another batch of Mi-35M and Mi-17V5 helies, soon.

    PapaDragon and Yugo90 like this post

    franco
    franco

    Posts : 4416
    Points : 4448
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  franco Sun May 23, 2021 5:40 pm

    Russia supplied Serbia with a batch of T-72MS tanks and BRDM-2M patrol vehicles

    Russia handed over to Serbia a batch of T-72MS tanks and armored reconnaissance and patrol vehicles BRDM-2MS as part of military-technical assistance. This is reported by "Interfax" with reference to the Deputy Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation Alexander Fomin.

    The ceremony of handing over the vehicles took place in the city of Nis on the territory of the 3rd Mechanized Brigade of the Serbian Ground Forces.

    "The combat strength of the Serbian armed forces was replenished with modernized T-72MS tanks and armored reconnaissance and patrol vehicles BRDM-2M of Russian production," Fomin said during the event.

    He added that the supplied equipment will strengthen the combat potential of the Serbian army, will contribute to the fulfillment of tasks to protect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the country.

    The Deputy Minister noted that the RF Ministry of Defense plans to further develop and strengthen bilateral relations, rendering assistance in the modernization of the Serbian Armed Forces.

    Earlier it was reported that Russian-Serbian anti-terrorist exercises were launched in Serbia.

    https://3h6hg2shdcaaxrfeyjv5eak4oi-ac4c6men2g7xr2a-www-gazeta-ru.translate.goog/army/news/2021/05/23/16011920.shtml

    PapaDragon, littlerabbit and Yugo90 like this post

    Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

    Posts : 1213
    Points : 1227
    Join date : 2021-06-08
    Location : Perm, Russia

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  Russian_Patriot_ Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:20 pm

    Position of commander of the T-72B1MS tank of the Serbian Armed Forces
    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 N-tt-l10
    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Zg6cmd10
    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Kguogo10

    kvs, PapaDragon, slasher, littlerabbit and lyle6 like this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11467
    Points : 11537
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  PapaDragon Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:55 pm


    T-72B1MS (White Eagle) may not look like much from the outside but it's the best T-72 derivative in existence by far, it's full Gucci with all bells and whistles

    We scored big time with this one

    Advantage of being small, you can go for full package

    littlerabbit and Russian_Patriot_ like this post

    Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

    Posts : 1213
    Points : 1227
    Join date : 2021-06-08
    Location : Perm, Russia

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  Russian_Patriot_ Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:59 am

    T-72B1MS really has a good electronic filling. There is even a panoramic sight of the commander, which is not present on the T-72B3. But it has weak protection and not the most powerful engine.

    littlerabbit likes this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11467
    Points : 11537
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  PapaDragon Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:15 am


    Photos from today's military exercise
    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 107538_dsc-4595-1624035534_orig

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Protivteroristicka-vezba-4

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 107547_image00017-1624035536_orig

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 107546_gst-4973-1624035535_orig

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 107544_gst-4947-1624035535_orig

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 107543_gst-4917-1624035535_orig

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 107542_gst-4854-1624035534_orig

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 107540_gst-4632-1624035534_orig

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 107539_dsc-4690-1624035534_orig

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 107548_img-20210616-105851-1624035536_orig

    George1, slasher, miketheterrible and Russian_Patriot_ like this post

    Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

    Posts : 1213
    Points : 1227
    Join date : 2021-06-08
    Location : Perm, Russia

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  Russian_Patriot_ Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:10 am

    T-72MS tanks of the Serbian Armed Forces at the Lightning Strike 2021 exercise
    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 7ofvtx10
    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 H-7nvp10
    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 L0rayc10Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Thzd2i10
    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 N77uvr10
    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Dhzi0i10

    GarryB likes this post

    littlerabbit
    littlerabbit

    Posts : 137
    Points : 137
    Join date : 2017-07-03
    Location : Serbia

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  littlerabbit Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:14 pm



    The biggest night drills of our military, ever. Cool

    GarryB and PapaDragon like this post


    Sponsored content

    Serbian Armed Forces - Page 8 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:10 am