Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Icebreakers

    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 7414
    Points : 7398
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  Isos Tue 16 Oct 2018, 23:15

    Just saw that they need only 2-3 years to build one of them. That's a very good news.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 10584
    Points : 10658
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  PapaDragon Tue 16 Oct 2018, 23:58

    Isos wrote:Just saw that they need only 2-3 years to build one of them. That's a very good news.

    And they will be built at Zvezda which means that current shipyard in St. Pete will be free to take more orders for Arktika-class if they need some extras
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 5761
    Points : 5735
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  miketheterrible Wed 17 Oct 2018, 03:01

    Isos wrote:Just saw that they need only 2-3 years to build one of them. That's a very good news.

    Benefits of having state of the art, brand new shipyard.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 10584
    Points : 10658
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  PapaDragon Sat 27 Oct 2018, 23:07


    Fresh photo:

    https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/113450/

    Icebreakers - Page 8 F_Yy5yYWRpa2FsLnJ1L2MyOC8xODEwLzE3LzkzMWUxZDNjNzc4ZC5qcGc=
    Hole
    Hole

    Posts : 4088
    Points : 4084
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 45
    Location : Merkelland

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  Hole Sun 28 Oct 2018, 11:12

    Serbia should order one to keep the Danube clear. Very Happy lol!
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 10584
    Points : 10658
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  PapaDragon Sun 28 Oct 2018, 16:12

    Hole wrote:Serbia should order one to keep the Danube clear. Very Happy lol!

    Yeah we could definitely use something new though not nuclear

    That winter from couple of years back was too close for comfort
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 16089
    Points : 16586
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  George1 Sat 03 Nov 2018, 14:11

    The first reactor of the floating nuclear power unit "Akademik Lomonosov" was launched

    Icebreakers - Page 8 6110144_original

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3402899.html
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 10584
    Points : 10658
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  PapaDragon Sun 11 Nov 2018, 14:00

    George1 wrote:The first reactor of the floating nuclear power unit "Akademik Lomonosov" was launched

    https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/bmpd/38024980/6110144/6110144_original.jpg

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3402899.html

    George, this thing ain't no icebreaker, it's a powerplant. I posted it in Nuclear Industry tread




    ALSO:

    Replacement for Viktor Chernomirdin Icebreaker is being designed since that class has been problematic and will not be built any further.

    Name is LK-40 and it's supposed to be able to use both diesel and LNG:

    http://tehnoomsk.ru/node/3398

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Lk-40_new_0

    Hole
    Hole

    Posts : 4088
    Points : 4084
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 45
    Location : Merkelland

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  Hole Sun 11 Nov 2018, 16:19

    LNG is the new thing for ships.

    Icebreakers - Page 8 004910
    dino00
    dino00

    Posts : 1526
    Points : 1563
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 33
    Location : portugal

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  dino00 Fri 23 Nov 2018, 10:52

    Project 22220

    The order for the construction of icebreakers at Baltzavod will be expanded from three to five

    Rosatom is the customer

    MOSCOW, November 23. / Tass /. The order for construction of an icebreaker at the Baltic plant for the development of the Arctic region will be expanded from three to five vessels, Deputy Prime Minister Yury Borisov told reporters on Friday.

    “The President has set tasks for the development of the Arctic region, for this purpose an icebreaker fleet is being formed and reconstructed. Today, three 60 MW icebreakers are under construction at the Baltic Shipyard. Soon this order will be expanded to five [icebreakers],” said Borisov.

    According to him, the only executor for the construction of a new icebreaker "Leader", and there are three such ships to be built, will be the Zvezda plant in the Far East. The customer of these icebreakers is Rosatom.

    The Deputy Prime Minister noted that the production capabilities of Zvezda are focused on large-capacity shipbuilding. “The presence of this icebreaking fleet will ensure the volume of cargo turnover that the president is setting for us - reaching about 120 million tons per year,” added Borisov.

    Earlier, the head of the United Shipbuilding Corporation announced plans to conclude before the end of this year a contract to build two universal nuclear icebreakers of the project 22220 in addition to the three already under construction.

    https://tass.ru/ekonomika/5825547
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 10584
    Points : 10658
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  PapaDragon Fri 23 Nov 2018, 12:32

    dino00 wrote:Project 22220

    The order for the construction of icebreakers at Baltzavod will be expanded from three to five
    .........
    “The President has set tasks for the development of the Arctic region, for this purpose an icebreaker fleet is being formed and reconstructed. Today, three 60 MW icebreakers are under construction at the Baltic Shipyard. Soon this order will be expanded to five [icebreakers],” said Borisov.

    According to him, the only executor for the construction of a new icebreaker "Leader", and there are three such ships to be built, will be the Zvezda plant in the Far East. The customer of these icebreakers is Rosatom.
    ........


    OH YEAH BABY, BEST NEWS ALL WEEK HELL, WHOLE MONTH!!! thumbsup


    So 2 more Arktika-class AND 3 (three!!!) Lider-class​ icebreakers, this will be sight to behold.


    This is me upon hearing this news:
    https://preview.redd.it/7v5nrhjf26y11.png?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=344c793403b22c5b05b2a1d6659d21d7fbf7214f lol1


    So any guesses on names? Kamchatka and Volga are next two largest things on the list.

    As for Liders they should go with Asia, Europe and Antarctica.




    Also:

    dino00 wrote:...Rosatom is the customer...

    Well obviously, I sure as hell don't expect Greenpeace to order some... Razz
    avatar
    Tingsay

    Posts : 167
    Points : 171
    Join date : 2016-12-09

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  Tingsay Fri 23 Nov 2018, 15:15

    [quote="PapaDragon"]
    dino00 wrote:Project 22220


    This is me upon hearing this news:
    https://preview.redd.it/7v5nrhjf26y11.png?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=344c793403b22c5b05b2a1d6659d21d7fbf7214f lol1


    You're a weeb? Very Happy

    Great news! Lider is gonna be handsome ship. russia

    Hole
    Hole

    Posts : 4088
    Points : 4084
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 45
    Location : Merkelland

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  Hole Fri 23 Nov 2018, 17:24

    It also means that Zvezda will be capable of installing nuclear reactors on ships.
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 7414
    Points : 7398
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty A fire started during construction of an icebreaker I think in russian shipyard.

    Post  Isos Wed 28 Nov 2018, 17:04

    https://mobile.twitter.com/iren_maxx/status/1067502200669253634

    A fire started during construction of an icebreaker I think in russian shipyard.
    avatar
    Tingsay

    Posts : 167
    Points : 171
    Join date : 2016-12-09

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  Tingsay Wed 28 Nov 2018, 18:08

    Chernomyrdin caught fire No

    What an embarassing year for Russian Navy this year is.


    http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/25156/russian-icebreaker-under-construction-bursts-into-flames-injuring-at-least-two
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 5761
    Points : 5735
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  miketheterrible Wed 28 Nov 2018, 18:51

    Tingsay wrote:Chernomyrdin caught fire No

    What an embarassing year for Russian Navy this year is.


    http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/25156/russian-icebreaker-under-construction-bursts-into-flames-injuring-at-least-two

    I Don't believe this belongs to the Russian navy... As well, it was a minimul damage ($20,000 damage) and now they will have to speed up repair now after the fire caught. 1 guy sent to hospital, other guy refused and just got checked up on site.

    Making a mountain out of a mole hill.

    http://tass.com/economy/1033232
    avatar
    Tingsay

    Posts : 167
    Points : 171
    Join date : 2016-12-09

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  Tingsay Wed 28 Nov 2018, 19:10

    miketheterrible wrote:

    I Don't believe this belongs to the Russian navy... As well, it was a minimul damage ($20,000 damage) and now they will have to speed up repair now after the fire caught. 1 guy sent to hospital, other guy refused and just got checked up on site.

    Making a mountain out of a mole hill.

    http://tass.com/economy/1033232

    This incident alone is not big ofcourse. But the combination of the 2 earlier fires this year, the PD-50 and Kuz incident, the breaking down of one Karakurt and now this, makes the year a very bad one.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 2456
    Points : 2440
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed 28 Nov 2018, 19:44

    Isos wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/iren_maxx/status/1067502200669253634

    A fire started during construction of an icebreaker I think in russian shipyard.

    That's the Viktor Chernomyrdin

    Looks like they had a spark and it blew, it could have been worse. They handled it fairly well in this case.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 10584
    Points : 10658
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  PapaDragon Wed 28 Nov 2018, 20:06


    Usual slacking off on fire safety.

    Pay cut and boot up the ass should clear it up.
    Hole
    Hole

    Posts : 4088
    Points : 4084
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 45
    Location : Merkelland

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  Hole Wed 28 Nov 2018, 21:33

    Still outdone by Norway loosing a billion dollar frigate. Laughing
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 16089
    Points : 16586
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  George1 Mon 03 Dec 2018, 01:19

    The Russian prime minister, Dmitry Medvedev, visited the Baltic shipyard on November, 28th. He announced the continuation of the construction of nuclear icebreakers of the LK-60Ya-class (Project 22220). He also announced that Russia will order two additional icebreakers of this class in the next months, after the completion of the first three, Arktika, Sibir and Ural, that are already under construction. As a universal nuclear-powered icebreaker, the LK-60Ya can operate on deep sea and also on rivers.

    He also announced, that the Baltic shipyard will take part in the construction of the "Leader"-class icebreaker (LK-120Ya, Project 10510), that is intended for construction at the Zvezda shipyard in Russia's Far East. Because of it's weight, the LK-120Ya can only operate on the deep sea.

    https://www.fontanka.ru/2018/11/28/124/?fbclid=IwAR0AR41wQHSdc1qJMU_scGLWqdFRiP3kOHWBwncw1cR6qkUC9-EFeqQjASw
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

    Posts : 5643
    Points : 5637
    Join date : 2016-08-15
    Location : AZ, USA

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  Tsavo Lion Mon 03 Dec 2018, 03:42

    I wonder why they put a helo pad on the bow instead of fantail? Not safe IMO!
    http://tehnoomsk.ru/node/3398

    We still don't have enough nuclear icebreakers

    avatar
    Tingsay

    Posts : 167
    Points : 171
    Join date : 2016-12-09

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  Tingsay Mon 03 Dec 2018, 05:18

    Tsavo Lion wrote:I wonder why they put a helo pad on the bow instead of fantail? Not safe IMO!
    http://tehnoomsk.ru/node/3398

    We still don't have enough nuclear icebreakers


    Looks really good though, very unique.
    dino00
    dino00

    Posts : 1526
    Points : 1563
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 33
    Location : portugal

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  dino00 Wed 05 Dec 2018, 18:15

    The cost of creating two icebreakers of the project 22220 will be about 100 billion rubles

    Earlier it was reported that the contract for the construction of the fourth and fifth icebreakers could be concluded with the Baltic plant in the first quarter of 2019

    SAINT-PETERSBURG, December 5th. / TASS /. The construction of the fourth and fifth nuclear icebreakers of the project 22220 will cost about 100 billion rubles. Alexey Smirnov, Project Manager 22220 at the Baltic Shipyard, told this to journalists on the sidelines of the Arctic: Present and Future Forum.

    Earlier, a TASS source in industrial circles of St. Petersburg announced that a contract for the construction of the fourth and fifth icebreakers 22220 could be concluded with the Baltic Shipyard in the first quarter of 2019. Later, the deputy head of the Directorate of the Northern Sea Route, Maxim Kulinko, stated that the construction of these vessels would use a mixed financing scheme.

    "The cost of construction for two vessels combined in the amount of about 100 billion rubles, which includes both the cost of construction and indirect costs ... ensuring guarantees of contract execution, including insurance of the vessel during construction," said Smirnov. He noted that the contract provides funding for the contracting of equipment for both vessels at once, which will help reduce the cost of the order.

    https://tass.ru/ekonomika/5876084
    Singular_Transform
    Singular_Transform

    Posts : 902
    Points : 888
    Join date : 2016-11-13

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  Singular_Transform Wed 05 Dec 2018, 22:18

    dino00 wrote:The cost of creating two icebreakers of the project 22220 will be about 100 billion rubles

    Earlier it was reported that the contract for the construction of the fourth and fifth icebreakers could be concluded with the Baltic plant in the first quarter of 2019

    SAINT-PETERSBURG, December 5th. / TASS /. The construction of the fourth and fifth nuclear icebreakers of the project 22220 will cost about 100 billion rubles. Alexey Smirnov, Project Manager 22220 at the Baltic Shipyard, told this to journalists on the sidelines of the Arctic: Present and Future Forum.

    Earlier, a TASS source in industrial circles of St. Petersburg announced that a contract for the construction of the fourth and fifth icebreakers 22220 could be concluded with the Baltic Shipyard in the first quarter of 2019. Later, the deputy head of the Directorate of the Northern Sea Route, Maxim Kulinko, stated that the construction of these vessels would use a mixed financing scheme.

    "The cost of construction for two vessels combined in the amount of about 100 billion rubles, which includes both the cost of construction and indirect costs ... ensuring guarantees of contract execution, including insurance of the vessel during construction," said Smirnov. He noted that the contract provides funding for the contracting of equipment for both vessels at once, which will help reduce the cost of the order.

    https://tass.ru/ekonomika/5876084

    The two icebreaker cost as much as a nimitz carrier.

    Sponsored content

    Icebreakers - Page 8 Empty Re: Icebreakers

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat 15 May 2021, 06:54