Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+80
Big_Gazza
Rodion_Romanovic
LMFS
dino00
Isos
eridan
Hole
miketheterrible
GunshipDemocracy
AMCXXL
Austin
d_taddei2
Peŕrier
MC-21
hoom
ZoA
T-47
marcellogo
Cheetah
slasher
George1
franco
ATLASCUB
KomissarBojanchev
Svyatoslavich
Admin
VladimirSahin
KiloGolf
higurashihougi
JohnSnow
azw
AK-Rex
ult
David-Lanza
Arrow
jhelb
Berkut
artjomh
Notio
Morpheus Eberhardt
AlfaT8
PapaDragon
OminousSpudd
Book.
JohninMK
Honesroc
ahmedfire
nemrod
TheArmenian
Manov
RTN
Giulio
Flyingdutchman
navyfield
Mike E
Werewolf
Hannibal Barca
GJ Flanker
Indian Flanker
etaepsilonk
magnumcromagnon
flamming_python
calripson
Viktor
spotter
Stealthflanker
sepheronx
zg18
kopyo-21
mack8
a89
AJ-47
Cyberspec
Shadåw
Sujoy
SOC
TR1
Russian Patriot
GarryB
medo
84 posters

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  Guest Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:27 pm

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 CRr5MnOWIAA5cox

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 CRr5MnRWsAADWZT

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 CRr5MnTWoAAbiCS

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 CRr5MnUWoAAhkaU

    Survival kit inside pilot seat on SU30SM. Pics from Latakia by Murad Gazdiev.

    Actually its very similar to kit i have seen on Serbian Mig29s some years ago. Not identical tho.

    medo
    medo


    Posts : 4367
    Points : 4449
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  medo Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:38 pm

    Militarov wrote:Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 CRr5MnOWIAA5cox

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 CRr5MnRWsAADWZT

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 CRr5MnTWoAAbiCS

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 CRr5MnUWoAAhkaU

    Survival kit inside pilot seat on SU30SM. Pics from Latakia by Murad Gazdiev.

    Actually its very similar to kit i have seen on Serbian Mig29s some years ago. Not identical tho.


    Most probably this is a standard survival kit in Russian ejection seats in all Russian planes. I wonder, how they put all this in the seat.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  Guest Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:43 pm

    medo wrote:
    Militarov wrote:Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 CRr5MnOWIAA5cox

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 CRr5MnRWsAADWZT

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 CRr5MnTWoAAbiCS

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 CRr5MnUWoAAhkaU

    Survival kit inside pilot seat on SU30SM. Pics from Latakia by Murad Gazdiev.

    Actually its very similar to kit i have seen on Serbian Mig29s some years ago. Not identical tho.


    Most probably this is a standard survival kit in Russian ejection seats in all Russian planes. I wonder, how they put all this in the seat.

    Very carefully packed inside, i belive there are instructions even how to pack it.
    medo
    medo


    Posts : 4367
    Points : 4449
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  medo Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:57 pm

    Militarov wrote:
    medo wrote:
    Militarov wrote:Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 CRr5MnOWIAA5cox

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 CRr5MnRWsAADWZT

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 CRr5MnTWoAAbiCS

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 CRr5MnUWoAAhkaU

    Survival kit inside pilot seat on SU30SM. Pics from Latakia by Murad Gazdiev.

    Actually its very similar to kit i have seen on Serbian Mig29s some years ago. Not identical tho.


    Most probably this is a standard survival kit in Russian ejection seats in all Russian planes. I wonder, how they put all this in the seat.

    Very carefully packed inside, i belive there are instructions even how to pack it.

    Absolutely. There is also a parashut for pilot inside the seat.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:56 pm



    From Syria, nice shot of missiles too.
    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 33586
    Points : 34102
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  GarryB Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:21 am

    Absolutely. There is also a parashut for pilot inside the seat.

    The standard ejection seat used in MiG-29s and Su-27s and later aircraft weigh about 230kgs from memory and include a survival kit and inflatable shelter that can be used as a life boat. It also includes an AKS-74 and ammo from memory.

    In the late 1980s or early 1990s there was a book specifically about the equipment included in the ejection seat...

    Note however the seat does not include a parachute for the pilot... the pilot wears that on his back. It does include stabiliser droge chutes for the seat and parachutes for the seat itself.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:43 pm

    GarryB wrote:
    Absolutely. There is also a parashut for pilot inside the seat.

    The standard ejection seat used in MiG-29s and Su-27s and later aircraft weigh about 230kgs from memory and include a survival kit and inflatable shelter that can be used as a life boat. It also includes an AKS-74 and ammo from memory.

    In the late 1980s or early 1990s there was a book specifically about the equipment included in the ejection seat...

    Note however the seat does not include a parachute for the pilot... the pilot wears that on his back. It does include stabiliser droge chutes for the seat and parachutes for the seat itself.

    Here pilots have CZ99 pistol in their kit, before they had M57 TT or Zastava M84 Scorpion depending on preference coz they were allowed to choose.
    medo
    medo


    Posts : 4367
    Points : 4449
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  medo Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:14 pm

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Slika110

    Considering, that few months ago, when Indian Su-30MKI were in UK to have exercise with RAF Typhoons and British media than talk, that Su-30MKI was better because Typhoons were in training mode. On this picture you could find a switch for "Uchebny" and "Boevoy" (training and combat) in an engines control panel at the bottom of the pictures. I'm sure Indian Su-30MKI were also in training mode and not in combat mode, when having air combat exercise with Typhoons in UK. So these excuses in UK medias will not hold the water.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx


    Posts : 7472
    Points : 7738
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 33
    Location : Canada

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  sepheronx Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:39 pm

    Yes they were as India never uses their aircraft in combat mode during exercises as they dont want to.give things like radar signature. The UK are making excuses for their shoddy expensive aircraft.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:40 pm

    medo wrote:Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Slika110

    Considering, that few months ago, when Indian Su-30MKI were in UK to have exercise with RAF Typhoons and British media than talk, that Su-30MKI was better because Typhoons were in training mode. On this picture you could find a switch for "Uchebny" and "Boevoy" (training and combat) in an engines control panel at the bottom of the pictures. I'm sure Indian Su-30MKI were also in training mode and not in combat mode, when having air combat exercise with Typhoons in UK. So these excuses in UK medias will not hold the water.

    Indians always  fly in training mode during international exercises, they did same on Red Flag and in India few years ago when they flew aganist Americans. Its way of preserving radar signature data.
    medo
    medo


    Posts : 4367
    Points : 4449
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  medo Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:28 pm

    Militarov wrote:
    medo wrote:Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Slika110

    Considering, that few months ago, when Indian Su-30MKI were in UK to have exercise with RAF Typhoons and British media than talk, that Su-30MKI was better because Typhoons were in training mode. On this picture you could find a switch for "Uchebny" and "Boevoy" (training and combat) in an engines control panel at the bottom of the pictures. I'm sure Indian Su-30MKI were also in training mode and not in combat mode, when having air combat exercise with Typhoons in UK. So these excuses in UK medias will not hold the water.

    Indians always  fly in training mode during international exercises, they did same on Red Flag and in India few years ago when they flew aganist Americans. Its way of preserving radar signature data.

    For sure Malaysian Su-30MKM fly in training mode too, when they had a training against F-22A. Point is, that it is not only NATO, who have training mode for their flying caracteristics and that if both planes fly in training mode, than they both have equal conditions.
    medo
    medo


    Posts : 4367
    Points : 4449
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  medo Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:46 pm

    http://vpk.name/news/142704_belorussiya_planiruet_priobresti_v_rossii_istrebiteli_su30sm.html

    Belarus plans to buy Su-30SM fighters after 2020 to replace aging MiG-29 fighters.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8


    Posts : 2163
    Points : 2158
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  AlfaT8 Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:54 pm

    medo wrote:http://vpk.name/news/142704_belorussiya_planiruet_priobresti_v_rossii_istrebiteli_su30sm.html

    Belarus plans to buy Su-30SM fighters after 2020 to replace aging MiG-29 fighters.
    Man, no love for the Mig. Sad
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:59 pm

    AlfaT8 wrote:
    medo wrote:http://vpk.name/news/142704_belorussiya_planiruet_priobresti_v_rossii_istrebiteli_su30sm.html

    Belarus plans to buy Su-30SM fighters after 2020 to replace aging MiG-29 fighters.
    Man, no love for the Mig. Sad

    Well yeah, possible customers for MiG29 derivates is shrinking quite alot, everyone going for SU27 derivates.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt


    Posts : 1928
    Points : 2037
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Su-30SM

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:32 pm

    Su-30SM
    franco
    franco


    Posts : 5201
    Points : 5233
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  franco Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:18 pm

    Militarov wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:
    medo wrote:http://vpk.name/news/142704_belorussiya_planiruet_priobresti_v_rossii_istrebiteli_su30sm.html

    Belarus plans to buy Su-30SM fighters after 2020 to replace aging MiG-29 fighters.
    Man, no love for the Mig. Sad

    Well yeah, possible customers for MiG29 derivates is shrinking quite alot, everyone going for SU27 derivates.

    Yes, with the decision to replace the Mig-29's at Millerovo with the Su-30SM makes you wonder where the 30 or so planned Mig-35's will be stationed if ordered at all?
    medo
    medo


    Posts : 4367
    Points : 4449
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  medo Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:40 pm

    franco wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:
    medo wrote:http://vpk.name/news/142704_belorussiya_planiruet_priobresti_v_rossii_istrebiteli_su30sm.html

    Belarus plans to buy Su-30SM fighters after 2020 to replace aging MiG-29 fighters.
    Man, no love for the Mig. Sad

    Well yeah, possible customers for MiG29 derivates is shrinking quite alot, everyone going for SU27 derivates.

    Yes, with the decision to replace the Mig-29's at Millerovo with the Su-30SM makes you wonder where the 30 or so planned Mig-35's will be stationed if ordered at all?

    Maybe they are replacing one MiG-29 regiment in Millerovo with Su-30SM to have more of those fighters near the hot spots like in Ukraine and in ME and they are available now, while MiG-35 is not yet available. I still think majority of Su-30SM and Su-35 regiments will be in the Far East, because those regions are not that heavy populate as European part and those fighters need to cover larger distances and producers are nearer for maintenance. I still think MiG-35 will be the main fighter in European part of Russia.
    franco
    franco


    Posts : 5201
    Points : 5233
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  franco Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:42 pm

    medo wrote:
    franco wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:
    medo wrote:http://vpk.name/news/142704_belorussiya_planiruet_priobresti_v_rossii_istrebiteli_su30sm.html

    Belarus plans to buy Su-30SM fighters after 2020 to replace aging MiG-29 fighters.
    Man, no love for the Mig. Sad

    Well yeah, possible customers for MiG29 derivates is shrinking quite alot, everyone going for SU27 derivates.

    Yes, with the decision to replace the Mig-29's at Millerovo with the Su-30SM makes you wonder where the 30 or so planned Mig-35's will be stationed if ordered at all?

    Maybe they are replacing one MiG-29 regiment in Millerovo with Su-30SM to have more of those fighters near the hot spots like in Ukraine and in ME and they are available now, while MiG-35 is not yet available. I still think majority of Su-30SM and Su-35 regiments will be in the Far East, because those regions are not that heavy populate as European part and those fighters need to cover larger distances and producers are nearer for maintenance. I still think MiG-35 will be the main fighter in European part of Russia.

    There are only 2 Mig-29 regiments left, both on the Ukrainian border. The rest are Su-27 or derivatives and Mig-31's.
    George1
    George1


    Posts : 17696
    Points : 18203
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  George1 Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:16 pm

    We are already on November and i dont see the amount of deliveries of last years for Su-30SMs
    avatar
    ult


    Posts : 837
    Points : 877
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  ult Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:49 pm

    George1 wrote:We are already on November and i dont see the amount of deliveries of last years for Su-30SMs

    What do you mean? Last year it was 18 planes for VKS, 3 for VMF. This year it's 18 VKS, 5 VMF, 4 Kazakh AF.
    George1
    George1


    Posts : 17696
    Points : 18203
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  George1 Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:11 am

    ult wrote:
    George1 wrote:We are already on November and i dont see the amount of deliveries of last years for Su-30SMs

    What do you mean? Last year it was 18 planes for VKS, 3 for VMF. This year it's 18 VKS, 5 VMF, 4 Kazakh AF.

    yes last year was 21 planes delivered. Till now this year there have been deliverd 5 planes for VMF and only 3 for VKS, 8 in total
    avatar
    Notio


    Posts : 16
    Points : 16
    Join date : 2012-02-22

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  Notio Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:57 am

    George1 wrote:
    ult wrote:
    George1 wrote:We are already on November and i dont see the amount of deliveries of last years for Su-30SMs

    What do you mean? Last year it was 18 planes for VKS, 3 for VMF. This year it's 18 VKS, 5 VMF, 4 Kazakh AF.

    yes last year was 21 planes delivered. Till now this year there have been deliverd 5 planes for VMF and only 3 for VKS, 8 in total

    I don't know about deliveries, but I have pictures of 9 new Su-30SM's produced for VKS and according to reports there is at least one more of which I don't have a picture.

    For VMF the borts for this year are blues 38, 39, 40, 41 and 42.
    For VKS the borts are reds 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 and 10. I have pictures of all but 02.
    avatar
    ult


    Posts : 837
    Points : 877
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  ult Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:34 pm

    George1 wrote:
    ult wrote:
    George1 wrote:We are already on November and i dont see the amount of deliveries of last years for Su-30SMs

    What do you mean? Last year it was 18 planes for VKS, 3 for VMF. This year it's 18 VKS, 5 VMF, 4 Kazakh AF.

    yes last year was 21 planes delivered. Till now this year there have been deliverd 5 planes for VMF and only 3 for VKS, 8 in total

    Millerovo airbase got 5 Su-30SM already - 03, 04, 05, 07, 08.
    medo
    medo


    Posts : 4367
    Points : 4449
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  medo Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:47 pm

    We could see photos of Su-30SM in Syria carrying bombs to bomb terrorists. Anyone knows if satellite guided KAB-500S is integrated in Su-30SM? For now we only know, that Su-34 use them for precision attacks on terrorist objects.
    franco
    franco


    Posts : 5201
    Points : 5233
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  franco Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:36 pm

    Article and pictures of new Su-30SM's at Millerovo;
    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1567370.html

    3 more should arrive soon with a total of 12 more by year's end.

    EDIT: with 39 delivered to date and another 12 to be by year's end, that would mean 51 delivered out of 60 ordered by the end of 2015.

    Sponsored content


    Su-30 for Russian Air Force - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-30 for Russian Air Force

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:46 am