Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+43
collegeboy16
Rmf
AbsoluteZero
Honesroc
Kyo
GarryB
TR1
kvs
sepheronx
Mike E
TheArmenian
George1
medo
Mindstorm
Morpheus Eberhardt
AlfaT8
Hannibal Barca
Werewolf
Austin
mutantsushi
xeno
magnumcromagnon
macedonian
mack8
ali.a.r
NationalRus
Cyberspec
Sujoy
Viktor
gaurav
Firebird
a89
flamming_python
KomissarBojanchev
Stealthflanker
SOC
Rpg type 7v
dimtra
Andy_Wiz
KRON1
Turk1
Vladislav
Admin
47 posters

Russian Civil Aviation: News

Austin

Russian Civil Aviation: News - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News

Post  Austin Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:38 pm

Russian Airframe Output Falls Woefully Short of Targets

Despite realignment, increased government investment and the appearance of political resolve, the Russian airliner industry has achieved little success in expanding its civil production over the past four years. Although it has nearly doubled its delivery total, from 11 jetliners in 2009, to 10 in 2010, 18 in 2011 and 19 in 2012, the industry’s hopes to launch a challenge to the Western world’s manufacturing powers remain unfulfilled and distant.

Last year’s deliveries include examples of the Antonov An-148 and An-140, Ilyushin Il-96, Sukhoi Superjet 100 and Tupolev Tu-154/204/214 with passenger and VIP cabins, as well as special-purpose derivatives and prototypes for flight-testing. United Aircraft (UAC) pledged 36 jetliner deliveries in 2012, including 24 Superjets and nine An-148 regional jets. But at a press conference on New Year’s Eve in Moscow, UAC president Mikhail Pogosyan could report the completion of just 23 civilian aircraft, apparently including three Antonov An-140 turboprops built by non-UAC subsidiary Aviacor, and “about twenty” deliveries.

The UAC-controlled VASO plant in Voronezh produced one Il-96 quad-jet for governmental use and delivered three An-148s to Ilyushin Finance, which subsequently sent them to lessee Angara Airlines between the start of October and the end of December. Ulianovsk-based Aviastar-SP did not produce any passenger jets in 2012, but delivered to the Russian government a pair of Tupolev Tu-204-300 twinjets built in 2011. Kazan’s KAPO produced two Tupolev Tu-214s in 2011 and one last year, all for governmental bodies. Samara’s Aviacor delivered two An-140s and two Tu-154Ms to the Defense Ministry. The third An-140 remains with Aviacor. Sukhoi Civil Aircraft (SCAC) produced a dozen Superjets at the KnAAPO plant in Komsomolsk-Upon-Amur, but delivered only eight to airline customers. Meanwhile, Aeroflot alone expected between 10 and 14, and planned pilot training for that many, chief pilot Igor Chalik told AIN in May. SCAC managed only four deliveries to the Russian flag carrier in 2011 and six in 2012, and as of this month Aeroflot had performed just 8,500 revenue flights with the regional jets.

The Superjet’s first operator, Armenian flag carrier Armavia, took S/N 95007 in April 2011 and performed 930 revenue flights before returning the airplane to the manufacturer for maintenance. The Armenian airline refused to accept the return of S/N 95007, and canceled delivery of its second Superjet–S/N 9502–due to a contract dispute. Both airplanes met the New Year sitting at the SCAC base in Zhukovsky while Sukhoi prepared them for Interjet of Mexico.

After a three-month pause, SCAC delivered S/N 95019 to Yakutia on December 18. The airline did not accept S/N 95020 as expected by year-end, however. Sky Aviation of Indonesia signed an act of acceptance for S/N 95022 on December 29, but delivery of S/N 95026 to Lao Central Airlines slipped into this year. SCAC shareholder and industrial partner Superjet International received one “green” Superjet, S/N 95023, for interior installation at the Venice center before planned delivery to Interjet in March. SJI expected S/N 95024 to arrive in Venice before the end of last year, but it remains in Russia.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:55 am

Well, the disappointment is the An-148.

One cannot ignore the Superjet's increasing production though. 5 birds were made in 2011, 12 this year. Still, the constantly missed numbers are annoying- just make realistic plans dammit!

This will only increase, and soon enough we can add MS-21 to the civil production, while the military will get a steady stream of Il-476, An-140/Il-112 or whatever they decide on, MTA, etc.

Also as far as I know, Armavia has finally bought its second Superjet, not refused it....
    a89

Post  a89 Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:40 am

An-124 production will not be resumed:

lenta.ru/news/2013/01/16/planes/

it probably makes sense, as there are many frames stored. OTOH I would have loved to see those giants being built.

Also An-70 acquisition will depend on test results. I thought contract was already signed.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:45 am

Hopefully this An-124-150M modernization will include the new engines.
    That was really the part of the program I was most looking foreward to.
    Austin

Post  Austin Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:48 am

Dont take the An-124-300 production news as confirmation unless you hear from UAC.

An-124-300 has high value in next 20-30 years for Commercial and Military applications.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:33 am

The issue is that Antonov owns the design of the An-124, and this might just be politics to get the production rights on Russian soil at a lower cost.

Alternatively it could be a case of UAC deciding to revive some old programs like the Il-106 and perhaps a big brother to that aircraft with the new big engines they are working on.

An improved Il-106 in the 100 ton payload class with more composite materials in its design and structure would be an excellent replacement for the An-22, while an enlarged model with a payload in the 130-150 ton range could replace the An-124 in Russian service.

The larger model could be designed to carry outsized loads externally for the Russian space industry to replace the An-225 too.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:40 am

Russian Civil Aviation: News - Page 12 468044_600

First AW139 built in Russia flies.
    Austin

Post  Austin Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:51 am

[quote="Austin"]
    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/414976.html
    The MoD will get -- 39 An-148's, 2 Tu-214's, 11 Tu-204SM's.

The Presidential administration, which is charged with ferrying about VIP's will get -- 6 An-148's, 6 Tu-214's, 8 Il-96-300's, and 1 Tu-204-300.

The FSB will get -- 4 An-148's, 2 Tu-214's, 1 Il-476, and 2 Tu-204-300's.

The MVD will get -- 6 An-148's 2 Tu-204SM's, and 2 SSJ's.

The Ministry of Emergencies (commie FEMA) will get -- 2 An-148's, 4 Il-476's and 1 Tu-204-300.

Roscosmos will get -- 3 Tu-214's, and 3 SSJ's.

I counted 13 Tu-204SM for MOD/MVD Total for people mover.

We can expect atleast 50 Tu-204SM sales for Russian Airlines.

So 60 plus Tu-204SM order should be expected , Hopefully MAKS 2013 will give us some answers
    Austin

Post  Austin Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:11 am

AW139 Looks Good , Although i think a Russian Assembled European Chopper will do little go to Russian Aviation Industry.

Austin

Post  Austin Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:13 am

link

Mikhail Pogosyan said that Russia and China are in talks to jointly create widebody aircraft. "We are currently discussing with COMAC - National Corporation of civil aircraft in China. They still at the stage of market analysis, technology, and collaboration functionality," - he said. Pogosyan also said that the capacity of the new aircraft is 300 passengers., Range - 5 thousand kilometers. The aircraft will be designed to operate in the Russian and Chinese markets. It is noteworthy that the niche market for this type of aircraft for Russia and for China is very attractive, especially in view of geographical features and the size of the territory of these countries. In addition, the aircraft, which will be developed in this project, there is no competition. Now in the world there are only two types of aircraft with similar characteristics - this Airbus A300 and IL-86. But both of them are no longer commercially available.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:14 am

Not sure what COMAC would honestly offer here, their airliner ventures have been....disappointing so far.
    Austin

Post  Austin Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:19 am

Interview with program manager, "Frigate Ecojet

Russian designers are developing a brand new airliner
    Austin

Post  Austin Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:06 pm

TR1 wrote:Not sure what COMAC would honestly offer here, their airliner ventures have been....disappointing so far.

Finance and most importantantly a huge market from Private Airlines and Governemnt one.

If this deal happens you can be assured of 400-500 Aircraft from just China.

I think this aircraft will be bigger than Ecojet with 300 Seats and 5000 km range which is greater than what Ecojet can offer.
    Austin

Post  Austin Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:34 am

Building the Superjet , a nice video that sums up the test they do with Civilian Flight Certification progam EASA and how they build it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_uYgzho04I

Austin

Post  Austin Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:57 pm

Nice video of Smooth Flying Tu-204ON at MAKS 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LznlAC_T28k
    Austin

Post  Austin Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:36 am

Results and Plans KLA 2012-2013 - Interview with UAC President Mikhail Pogosyan

Answers to questions

- Michael Aslanovich you a lot about your plans, but would like to hear more details about plans for unmanned aircraft.

- We are currently in the development of military aircraft segment attach great importance to the work on unmanned aircraft. In 2012, the company "Sukhoi" Defense won the competition to create a multipurpose unmanned complex and now it is this work as part of the preliminary design. I think that hurt, which we created in the development of the technology for the fifth generation fighter aircraft, for deep modernization of aircraft of the 4th generation, will allow us to use them effectively in the implementation of this program. Most work in this area and lead the company MiG and CB "Tupolev", but as long as these activities are not integrated into a single line. I think that the effort in the coming period will be used to ensure that we have teamed up to work on the unmanned aircraft and develop some sort of a common strategy, which we will be realized.

- Michael Aslanovich tell the place of the corporation in the RAC "MiG"? Do you think it justified itself lean system, which was developed by MiG, in terms of management of the company?

- I want to say that the MiG, the last 3 years, went out on steady third place in the KLA. And if I said that the bulk of the production company provides "dry", the second in terms of production is the Corporation "Irkut", the RAC "MiG" is now the steady third place in terms of total output. Amount of revenue in 2012 will be about 20 billion rubles. But to say that all the problems MiGs were in the past, of course we will have to significantly increase production, compared to the level reached today. I think in this regard, that the problem in 2013, which stands in front of a flash, it is not only the implementation of existing contracts for the supply of MiG-29K. We started in 2012 to supply the Indian Navy MiG-29UPG-ArtCAM, an upgrade for the Indian Air Force. In 2013, we will start deliveries of MiG-29K for the Defense Ministry to the Russian Navy. We are in 2013, to be done a lot of work in the near future, we must finalize the delivery of MiG-35 for the Russian Air Force. For us it is important to ensure sustainable exploitation of the MiG-29 SMT. Therefore, the establishment of production and increase the volume of production for the modernization of MiG-29 is to provide a new level.

And, of course, the MiG should play a large role in the creation of unmanned aircraft systems. We are considering a project that "dry" today became the head structure, a project that will be developed in close cooperation with the RAC "MiG". Besides, I think the MiG have needs and objectives to use its engineering capacity and programs in other areas of aircraft. For example, we have discussed today, and consider participating RAC "MiG" in the military transport aviation. So all this together should be possible to reach a new level.

But, in terms of strategy of lean manufacturing, it is important for flashing and other enterprises. I think the moment in this regard, in terms of the jobs that are in progress in Lukhovitsy and Sokol, achieve some success, and I hope that this success will allow us to significantly, while building volume production, to reduce costs.

- Michael Aslanovich course on MS-21 I would like you to read out: where, what, when? Where we are on this "road map"? What is being done now, what is the cooperation on this plane? What this machine will be different from the best foreign samples from the A320 and Boeing 737?

- Where? Well, at the stage of design documentation. What? This is the start of production preparation, completion, and the alignment of contractual relationships with our partners, both within the country and abroad. And we develop this program in broad international cooperation. When? Well, I think that today I have every reason to say that in 2015, the first aircraft MS-21 will begin its flight testing.

We plan in 2017 to begin deliveries of the aircraft. Due to what we will be competitive? With a new level of technology that we put into this project. In contrast, the world's leading aerospace, are considering the development of basic products - Boeing 737 Boeing 737 MAX version and 320 in the A320neo version, which will be based on an existing airframe, and each of them provides remotorizatsiyu these aircraft, the installation of modern engines, which will allow approximately 10% to improve the economy. We, in addition, include the use of a composite wing, which will, in our view, give, compared with modernized complex, developed on the basis of existing products, additional advantage in terms of economy and those benefits are assessed by us at about 7-10% .

I think that will help us to co-operation, which is formed, the backlog that has accumulated under the "Sukhoi Superjet 100." Not only development experience, but the experience of certification. In 2012, we received a type certificate EASA, addition to the type certificate, which we received in 2011 from the IAC. I must say that the "Superjet" this certificate is validated in Indonesia, Mexico, Laos. This is an important experience that we have gained today, will be fully used in the MS-21.

In order for these periods were held, we have made a lot of investment in specialized production and the centers of competence that we have created in the first place, mainly focused on achieving success on the MS-21, as the most complex program, which is implemented us today. Modular assembly of the wings will be held in Ulyanovsk, but final assembly will take place on the basis of the Irkutsk Aviation Plant, which is part of the corporation "Irkut".

- In 2012, Sukhoi received a loan of $ 1 billion of VEB debt restructuring program Superjet 100. And there was a line of credit allocated $ 2.5 billion to finance the aircraft buyers. Tell us about it, credit conditions, the timing ...?

- I want to say that we will use different funding mechanisms, which provide an opportunity lending bank, as their own airline, and the possibility of financing transactions over the "VEB Leasing", where "VEB Leasing" will receive funding and take the airline's aircraft leasing .

We must use all the tools that currently have. Given the timing of the program line of credit allocated today VEB to restructure the debt, which is in the GSS, is $ 1 billion. The term of this credit line - 10 years. I think this is a reasonable period, taking into account the plans increase output. In 2013, we have to go to the production of about 30 aircraft under the "Sukhoi Superjet 100."

I think that the systematic movement of production capacity will ensure a stable financial condition GSS. In view of the decisions to which I have already said. Sales financing - is an important decision that should be taken, and it was adopted in 2012.

Without a competitive financial package not even the most competitive aircraft, the most competitive after-sales service can not be successful in the market. 90% of sales in the market of civil aircraft is leased. This requires long-term loans to the lessee.

- Who will be the recipient of these loans at the nearest Superjet deliveries to foreign customers?

- Deliveries Sky Aviation will go through "VEB Leasing".

- The AN-148 which year produced KLA amount only a few units. What's the problem? Is it true that this is due to the fact that he is a competitor SSJ100? And airline Russia complains to the current high cost of new An-148 and so she refused to buy new aircraft. What will be the future of this project and the cooperation with Ukraine on other projects?

- I think that philosophy - it is not for the press conference. Philosophy is better to do in a more comfortable, without this dynamic graph, which provides a news conference. The aircraft AN-148 we aim to go today to produce 10.8 aircraft per year. By the volume of orders that we have today, it is sufficient production capacity.

This year we have put three aircraft carrier "Angara" in addition to the six aircraft that are currently operated by the airline "Russia." We as a whole (together with our Ukrainian colleagues) met performance indicators of operation of these aircraft in the airline "Russia." VASO service provided these aircraft and the support of the State Enterprise "Antonov" AN-148 can have a nice plaque for regional aircraft. Therefore calls on the operation of these aircraft - a conversation that must still take place on the basis of economic evaluations.

We believe that today, well maintained aircraft carrier. Perhaps, maybe, the route network is not very optimal for the operation of these aircraft. We discussed it, and with the leadership of STC "Russia": ask them to join us, with "Aeroflot" consider further economic indicators of operation of these aircraft. We believe that the reliability of these aircraft, their average daily flight are good for this class of aircraft.

Speaking of increasing production, this year it was decided to prepare a consolidated government order for the supply of civil aircraft for public use of the Russian Federation. Today, such work in accordance with the order of the President of the country is. As part of this consolidated government orders we provide, including the delivery of aircraft An-148. In particular, for the Department of Defense provides for the delivery of more than 10 aircraft An-148. At present, we are at the stage of technical specification list for this specific aircraft for government customers.

I think this program has its own specific perspective. However, to further expand the production, we have to get together with our Ukrainian colleagues assessment of market prospects to talk about what we need to go to a larger volume of production. I believe that today, the production rate of 8 - 10, can be -12 aircraft per year corresponds to the volume of the market that we have today, under the orders that we have now and which we expect to receive in the future.

Speaking of other programs of cooperation with the company "Antonov", I can say that in addition to AN-148 program, we work closely enough on the program of AN-124 in the repair and modernization of aircraft for the Ministry of Defence. We plan to continue to interact with our colleagues and to resume production of the aircraft, which also provides for the state program of armaments.

According to the program of AN-70, along with the work performed by the program from May to IL-76, we began the process of transferring the documentation for the aircraft with the company "Antonov" UAC for study, training and organization of production of this aircraft. But the final decision on the further development of the program will probably be taken in 2013.

Speaking of philosophy. Perhaps the main issue and the main goal that we set for ourselves in the framework of philosophy - is the creation of joint ventures and the ultimate goal, which is the production of aircraft.

Thus, we have constructed our joint venture GSS, where part of our Italian colleagues. This company owns all the rights and is responsible for sales and other operating results. I think that the way to achieve closer cooperation with our colleagues from the firm "Antonov" - it's still closer cooperation on specific programs, which provides and introduction to the charter capital of the joint enterprise of intellectual property, and the responsibility for the final result of the financial and economic activity of each program.

Last year we established a joint venture "UAC - Antonov." I am a supporter of closer and more stringent content of the rights and obligations of the company. Here we have yet to philosophize together with our partners. When philosophy dock our views - it will go faster.

We have good relationships with our Ukrainian colleagues. But there are a number of objective factors that require consideration. We did not build their projects apart from the organization of the production of these projects. I think that the production base of the company "Antonov" needs a major upgrade. And I think that this is, perhaps, such a hindrance to closer cooperation and more rapid development.

Design potential "Antonov", I think, is on the level. But perhaps we need to work together to co-operate more closely, because production capacity is a major issue on which to work.

- A joint venture "UAC - Antonov" will only An-70 or specifically address all possible projects?

- JV all the projects involved. We are within this area consider cooperation on the An-148, and cooperation on the An-70. Desire Ukrainian colleagues all the time to draw the conflict between Russia and Ukraine does not match my understanding of the situation. I think that the Ukrainian and Russian aircraft industry much in common, and I do not see any direct competition. So I would like to philosophical reflection, it affected not only the KLA leadership, but also of our Ukrainian colleagues, as well. When I meet with Dmitry S. Kivoy, we, in general, it is normal to discuss all issues.

- I would like to clarify on the state order. Previously said that more than 100 cars on the state order. Which car when waiting to sign a contract? The second question. They said on the optimization of the KLA and reduce administrative costs. When UAC is planning to enter a single point of sale of aircraft?

- I think that the formation of a unified system of selling aircraft UAC - it is such a gradual process. To date, we consolidated ideology in sales of military aircraft. Today we do not compete in foreign markets, and we have a single plan to promote our products to the market of military aircraft. In the field of civil aviation are also coordinated plans are.

I think that is the problem 2013 - 2014 year - the consolidation of sales. Although I am not a supporter of any of these quick fixes. I believe that we are slowly moving in that direction.

The first part of the question was - consolidated government orders. I want to say that the main work is done on consolidated government contracts in 2012. We are currently discussed with key customers (the Defense Ministry, the Federal Security Service, Ministry of Emergencies, Roscosmos) their plans to update the fleet of aircraft. The proposal, which we have done for the consolidated government contracts, was supported by the Ministry of Industry, the Russian President. This notion was based on the fact that the main fleet, which are now in operation in the state of the customer, age 20 - 25 years or more. Therefore, the time has come to update it. I have called on the Administration of the President of Russia. This Il-96, Tu-204, AN-148, Sukhoi Superjet 100. That is the whole product range of civil aircraft, which we offer in the market.

In parallel with the formation of the order we now work with the Ministry of Industry, the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Economic Development to establish a mechanism for financing these sales. Because it does not provide direct budget funding most of the government order, although some of it is already provided for in the state budget. For example, the Department of Defense aircraft deliveries are planned and provided for in the budget of the Ministry of Defense.

We are working on the mechanisms of the aircraft leasing. I think that at the end of 2012 - early 2013 the year the major decisions on the subject will be taken. I think that in early 2013 the year we will sign contracts for aircraft deliveries in 2013-2014-year. And during the 2013th year, probably fully complete contracting by state order.

- Aeroflot has a number of issues have to operation and maintenance of aircraft Superjet 100. How are these questions?

- "Aeroflot" together we are working to service the planes, which are now in operation. Along with "Aeroflot", we discuss how to optimize these processes. Our discussions also apply to the information base, which will be maintained. These discussions concern the conditions and size of warehouses, which we keep for spare parts "Aeroflot". These discussions and conclusions related to service agreements that were signed this year. There are a number of issues that we have with "Aeroflot" in due course decide. Today the "Aeroflot" operates aircraft on the basis of airport "Sheremetyevo", based on their capacity. Warranty Brigade Sukhoi Civil Aircraft, working on the same basis, together with "Aeroflot".

- The press had information that can organize the production component SSJ 100 in Indonesia. Is this true?

- Indonesia, pursuing their industrial policy, said one of the aircraft promising areas. In Indonesia, there is a company Dirgantara, numbering about 6,000 people mainly worked to assemble a small military transport aircraft manufactured by the Spanish CASA, and it also is a supplier of individual components for Boeing and Airbus. We are considering the possibility of using those skills, which today is in Indonesia to participate in the cooperative program aircraft "Sukhoi Superjet 100."

The range of possible co-operation is very broad. We can work on some small sub-assemblies of fuselage, tail and such proposals sent to our colleagues, to their participation in the assembly of airframe. To talk about the localization of aircraft, need a big order. We have extensive experience of licensed production of aircraft in India, in China. When it comes to ordering more than 150 aircraft, it makes sense to organize licensed production.

I do not think that the Indonesian market in the short term, has the ability to increase the volume of purchases of more than 150 aircraft. So, I think that today it is still more, as we are considering participation in the production of individual units, the individual sub-assemblies. I was at the factory. I can say that it is, in general, the company built entirely on modern technologies.

I must say that our colleagues from Boeing and Airbus have formed a kind, with our Indonesian partners, a certain level of quality, production standards. It also allows us to consider the possibility of cooperation with these companies.

I do not consider cooperation with Dirgantara and other enterprises. I do not consider, for example, training and direct linkage engine - airplane - so much, 20 aircraft. We are creating a joint infrastructure that allows us to feel comfortable in the Indonesian market, and the Indonesians feel comfortable with us as partners.

I think that the prospects for sales both in the military and in civil engineering are today not in the net supply of aircraft. We see it with you. They lie in the creation of collaborative creation, promotion, and maintenance of products on the market. In this way and direct our efforts Dirgantara and other potential partners in Indonesia.

We will look at how to organize service aircraft, how to involve industry in the Indonesian part in the service. We will seriously think about training.

I took part last week in a meeting of the Supervisory Board of the Far Eastern University. I think this is a good platform to provide on its base, and training to our potential customers in South East Asia.

- Is it true that for a long version of the Superjet SSJ100LR need a new engine?

- The question is not entirely true. No, it's not long version. Long Range - is a version of extended range. These are two very different things. Because no qualms about the engine for version LR we had not. We were scheduled, and are planning to use this version of the aircraft is the same basic engine SaM146. We will complete the construction of the aircraft for testing in early 2013. This will increase the range of the airplane with a little less than 3,000 km in the base version to 4150 kilometers versions LR. We plan to certify the aircraft in 2013, the year. A NG - is another story. It is not in the "comma". Is another question.

- What are the financial indicators of the corporation in 2012?

- I do not want today to call indicators, because the year is not over yet, and until the end of aggregates yet. I think we can discuss it in January - after the year end. Because there are some nuances. I think that the revenue will be in 2012 at 180-billion. By 2013, I think it will be more stable revenue of 200 billion.

- Michael Aslanovich there any issues that you think are light, but they did not ask you?

- I would say that the main achievement of 2012, I believe that the KLA gradually from group enterprises united administratively, it is a single structure, which runs on the final result, the ultimate objective. That is probably the main achievement.

I think this is the main problem that we face in 2013, the year - increasing production, the restructuring of the company, the creation of modern financing and sales, creating modern mechanisms aftermarket. We will not create different mechanisms after-sales service for different types of aircraft. It's unreal, it's not a world-class corporation. I think that all these steps - this is a movement towards the creation of one of the world leaders in the production and promotion of modern aircraft in the world market.

- Actually, even the formation of the brand?

- In principle, probably, yes. Our task is another one - we should gradually from combining brands Soviet brands, should come to the formation of a single brand "UAC" and strengthening the development of those brands that are now part of the structure. I have no desire to do something about the revolutionary situation. But I believe that we should position itself in new ways
    Austin

Post  Austin Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:55 pm

Russian "Air Force One" Il-96 Takeoff at Berlin Tegel Airport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN9nJiEvEWE
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:38 pm

Austin wrote:Russian "Air Force One" Il-96 Takeoff at Berlin Tegel Airport

Its a shame that there seems to be a "gap" emerging in Russian long haul/wide body civillian jet production. I dont think they'll keep producing the Il-96, atleast not in numbers.

Yet both Ilyushin and Antonov(ok part Ukrainian, by numerous measures) have fantastic abilities in large civillian areas. MS-21 and the Superjet look like terrific 21st century airliners, but ofcourse are smaller.

I wonder what will happen in the larger passenger and cargo civillian( and related military) production area? In comparison to the work Airbus needed to do on the A-380, I think Russia could build an equivalent with absolute ease. And it would be a potent symbol of Russian expertise on a world level. After all, the Boeing 747 is still making money, many decades after introduction..
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:08 pm

Firebird wrote:
    Austin wrote:Russian "Air Force One" Il-96 Takeoff at Berlin Tegel Airport

Its a shame that there seems to be a "gap" emerging in Russian long haul/wide body civillian jet production. I dont think they'll keep producing the Il-96, atleast not in numbers.

Yet both Ilyushin and Antonov(ok part Ukrainian, by numerous measures) have fantastic abilities in large civillian areas. MS-21 and the Superjet look like terrific 21st century airliners, but ofcourse are smaller.

I wonder what will happen in the larger passenger and cargo civillian( and related military) production area? In comparison to the work Airbus needed to do on the A-380, I think Russia could build an equivalent with absolute ease. And it would be a potent symbol of Russian expertise on a world level. After all, the Boeing 747 is still making money, many decades after introduction..

I hear Russia and China are working on a wide-body passenger aircraft together
    And I think I may have heard of other projects too.
    Austin

Post  Austin Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:13 pm

Yes it would have been good they sold more IL-96 to CIS and Global customers and keep the line runing.

As far as wide body aircraft goes there are two projects under development Project 2020 and Project 2030,

There is also the Russia-China project to build wide body aircraft.

At MAKS 2013 we will come to know more
    Austin

Post  Austin Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:17 pm

SSJ-LR will have wingtip

GSS is considering setting wingtips on SSJ-100LR

"If the decision (to install wingtips. -" AviaPort ") will be accepted, in the experimental aircraft will be ending at the end of 2013," - he said.

A.Dolotovsky explained that purging the wind tunnel showed a significant improvement in performance. Fuel consumption, according to research to be reduced by at least 3%. In addition, improved takeoff and landing characteristics. "The effect of (the use of endings. -" AviaPort ") is present not only in cruising. We expect improvement in the take-off and landing, increase climb performance. This will expand restrictions on deployment in a hot-and-high", - he said.

A specialist said that as a working version of the adopted vertical wingtips, allowing installation in the operating company. "We want to be able to do retrofit, ie the replacement of operation," - he added.

As previously reported, the first aircraft in version SSJ-100LR (serial number 95032) made its first flight 12 February 2013. Production test program will take 3-4 months, certification in the Aviation Register of the Interstate Aviation Committee, will be completed in 2014. The maximum range of SSJ-100LR is 4578 km against 3048 km for the base version.
    Austin

Post  Austin Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:20 pm

Read the Full Interview

some snippets on PD-14 from Perm Desig Bureau Chief Designer Interview
    http://vpk.name/news/84766_Konkurentosposobnost_dvigatelya_PD14_somnenii_ne_vyizyivaet.html

Key technologies to ensure the competitiveness of the product of technical and economic parameters, are the technologies of composite materials. Weight composite parts in a design motogonoly exceeds 60%. Of them made even such complex and critical part, as a lattice reversing device.

Already on the first test of the engine-technology demonstrator has shown its efficiency in all range of modes, up to take-off, but to show the motor parameters in thermodynamics, acoustics and emissions better than today's counterparts.

Conducted in 2011 by specialists Corporation "Irkut" and CIAM comprehensive economic evaluation PD-14 engine in the MC-21 aircraft with the fuel consumption, maintenance and repair costs and cost control showed that the direct operating costs of the MS-21 with motor PD 14 at 1.1-2.5% lower than the engine PW1400G.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:15 pm

Austin wrote:Conducted in 2011 by specialists Corporation "Irkut" and CIAM comprehensive economic evaluation PD-14 engine in the MC-21 aircraft with the fuel consumption, maintenance and repair costs and cost control showed that the direct operating costs of the MS-21 with motor PD 14 at 1.1-2.5% lower than the engine PW1400G.
    [/quote]

What about its reliability and endurance under stress I wonder?
    Also, the quality of manufacture.
    I'd imagine these things would be critical for passenger aircraft engines.
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:14 am

Austin wrote:Yes it would have been good they sold more IL-96 to CIS and Global customers and keep the line runing.

As far as wide body aircraft goes there are two projects under development Project 2020 and Project 2030,

There is also the Russia-China project to build wide body aircraft.

At MAKS 2013 we will come to know more

Thats very interesting. I know about the Russian wider-body ecojet, and the talk of Sino-Russian ventures.
    But Project 2020 and 2030 don't ring any bells with me...

I also wonder about giving tech expertise to China/ working with them. Sure, China wants a huge amount of airliners. But they're know for being slippery as eels with tech transfer. AND they could end up being as big a military threat to Russia as America ever was.

Its puzzling why Russia didnt roar ahead in civil aviation. I think 1stly, plane sales is a part political thing. It also needs servicing and training infrastructures. And also, fine-tuning of the product development over quite a few years. But, I wonder how big a share Russia and any key partners could take? Will India or European countries become Russian partners, or will Russia go it alone long term?

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:32 am

China is a neighbour of Russia... so it makes rather more sense to learn to get along with them rather than treat them like an enemy.

If Russia does treat China like an enemy it will become a powerful one.

During the Cold War the US proved with China that most differences can be ignored and both sides can benefit economically from a good relationship.

With proper agreements in place and a joint sales effort a new Russian/Chinese wide bodied airliner could be very successful... especially if both countries airlines buy them, and of course both countries militarys use them too.

A large reason for the success of Boeing and Airbus is that they have military sales that help subsidise their businesses, plus both have captured markets... the US and US dominated smaller countries and Europe and European dominated smaller countries respectively.

Russia had Eastern Europe and former Soviet states, but this market has disappeared, in fact even Russian airline companies have been buying western aircraft... because they are already in production.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 pm