a89 wrote:Interview with general director of Ilyushin (it's the company's 80th anniversary). Some comments:
- Il-76-MD90A portfolio could reach 1 trillion roubles. To give an idea, 39 have been acquired for 140 billion roubles.
- He hopes to resume production of Il-112.
- Design work has started on Russian-Indian MTA.
- Work on An-124 frozen, but Ilyushin is happy to cooperate.
- Details on Il-76-MD90A and how it became digital but not much about future of Il-96.
Very Interesting and Thanks for the find.
So MTA will have 3 Engine option , PS-90-76 , PD-14 and One Foreign engine.
I think Russia and India would go for PS-90A-76 since its been proven reliable and is operational for some time , The foreign engine is for export customers who might want to have another engine , Since Certifying an aircraft with a Western Engine or any new Engine needs Time , Effort and Money.